POSTED ON Oct 29, 2019 14:48:09 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
I present to thee a flashback thread

He’d heard rumors through the grapevine that there was some kind of proposal that had happened, and well, to nobody’s surprise (at least for him, anyway) she was turned down.

Now, Lars was sorely tempted to be all snark and sass when he paid Stormy a visit, but he figured he could save the jabs for when he actually saw her. So, without warning, he’d sent a message to her number that he was coming over in the afternoon, hoping that it was still the same one, and had proceeded to take the rest of the day off from his work as a courier.

Thankfully he only had the morning to complete his deliveries, and so after lunch time he then made a stopover somewhere and picked up a few things just in case the person he was going to visit hadn’t eaten yet.

Well, it was convenience store food, but who would say no to free food anyway?

Once he was content with what he’d picked out, he returned to his motorbike and rode off through the back streets of Rustboro, finally arriving at her address. After he’d parked and secured his helmet, he then made tracks to her place, and proceeded to ring the doorbell, waiting for her to answer the door.

[newclass=".lars"] [/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
irony [past]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2019 16:26:22 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygold"]
[attr="class","bodygoldt"]
[break]

Hearing from Lars was definitely not something she had expected. The man hadn't even come visit her in the hospital, hadn't messaged or called or made any attempt to contact her since she had rejected him all those months ago.[break][break]

And yet, there it was. A text message on her phone from Laurence Anderson. Just seeing it made her stomach turn uncomfortably, because she's sure he wants to come see her, she's sure that he has something unhappy to say to her.[break][break]

She's so tired of the unhappy, the sad, the depressed. She'd pulled herself through the rough patch, pulled herself out of her week-long coma of wine and pizza rolls and ice cream. [break][break]

The Stormy that opened the door was not the same Stormy that had been curled up on Kim's livingroom floor, clutching a bucket and a bottle of wine, rewatching the same stupid romance chick flick over and over again.[break][break]

This was the Stormy that had grown up and returned to Rustboro to collect her things and move into a small apartment in Lavaridge, where she could be closer to her gym, to her responsibility.[break][break]

She looked tired, however, and probably more than a little cold. He brought food, though, and the heavenly aroma was enough to pique her interest.[break][break]

"It's good to see you, Lars. Come on in, don't mind the mess."

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold b] color: #DEA20C; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
irony [past]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2019 16:09:39 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
he has the emotional capacity of a cactus I'M SO SORRY

“Sorry if it’s just something from the corner store a few blocks down. Was all I could find close enough, seeing as I was headed here,” he began with a shrug. There was… something different about Stormy. Whatever it was, he couldn’t pin it down just yet.

“What happened in here, were you robbed from or something?” he asks, kicking off his boots by the door and entering the cramped space. It looked like everything was in an upheaval, or his eyes were deceiving him.

“You need some help cleaning this mess up?” he offered a few moments later, navigating the maze of furniture before arriving at what he knew was the sofa—only it was piled with junk left, right and center. His thoughts were running a mile a minute, though.

I think she knows I showed up. Tulips aren’t easy to get around here, he thought to himself. Although he was pretty sure that she didn’t remember that because her boyfriend was hanging over her when he had the worst timing in the history of ever to enter the room despite Cait telling him not to.

But he was a stubborn jackass.

Anyway…

The longer he stays in the living room, the more…evident the signs of what he recognizes to be a break up become apparent. The trash lying around on the coffee table, bottles he thought he spotted in the semidarkness…

“…you got dumped?” he inquired of her.

Straight to the point, Lars. Wow. What kind of a cactus of a person are you?

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
irony [past]
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2019 16:22:39 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

"It's fine, I had been smelling it all afternoon - I had a craving. It's good timing you brought it over, thank you."[break][break]

She smiles but there's a shadow of sadness in her face, or perhaps it's just aloofness. She's not really at attention, she's somewhere else.[break][break]

Lars steps inside without hesitation, making quick work of scoping out her house - the house she's in the process of cleaning up and moving out of. [break][break]

He offers to help clean and she hesitates, setting down the bag of food on the counter, running a hand through her dark hair and appearing overwhelmed and uncertain.[break][break]

"Umm.. if you want to, I guess? You really don't have to."[break][break]

The livingroom was a mess with boxes half-packed, there was a stack of finished wine bottles in a dark corner, tucked away, but clearly having already been noticed. Stormy's cheeks are hot with embarrassment, but perhaps it's not necessarily embarrassment, but surprise. Not only had she not really expected Lars to come visit, she hadn't expected him to see any of the mess she had become.[break][break]

And then he asks her a question, a jaded question, a blunt question. She's taken aback and she stands there, open-mouthed and unsure how to respond.[break][break]

"We broke up, yes. Why?"

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
irony [past]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2019 16:15:06 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
he went straight for the jugular I AM SO SORRY

“You could do better to hide the bottles, you know. That’s the clear giveaway,” he began, a hint of snark on his voice. “The mess speaks volumes, you know.”

A few moments of silence passed between them, before he dropped the next question.

“Did he tell you why he didn’t want you?” he continued, leaning against the kitchen counter. He wanted to hear this straight from her, because what else was there?

He knew he stood next to no chance against someone who had long-time ties with someone else who’d been around since childhood.

“Also, you didn’t see me at the hospital. Or did you? I remember you saw me,” he added a few moments later. “Only thing is your boyfriend was leaning over you, so. I decided to leave. You missed the tulips, didn’t you?” he went on, letting out another sigh.

What a wicked web we weave, Lars.

I’m pretty sure you noticed me but you’re in denial… he thought to himself, waiting for her to answer.

Tick tock, Stormy.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
irony [past]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2019 17:13:11 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Heat flares in her cheeks and her grip on the food tightens. She can feel one of the plastic carry-out containers cracking, so she relents.[break][break]

"I didn't ask for your opinion, Lars."[break][break]

He's leaning against her kitchen counter now and she's seething. He's making himself at home, lounging around, asking her inappropriate questions just to piss her off.[break][break]

She sets down the bag, momentarily collecting herself.[break][break]

"I don't think it's any of your business, really."[break][break]

Then he begins babbling about her trip to the hospital and she's nursing an oncoming migraine because that part of her life isn't something she wants to think about.[break][break]

She couldn't remember a lot of who visited her, she had just taken the nurses word for it, and Alex's, that several people had stopped by. She vaguely remembered someone showing up with flowers and promptly dropping them all over the floor, but she hadn't been in the right state of mind to really know who.[break][break]

"My boyfriend was looking after and comforting me, because that's what he does. It's not my fault you're insecure and couldn't control your jealousy long enough to stay and talk to me."[break][break]

Her eyes are narrowed as she pushes the food back across the table. [break][break]

"You can leave now. Clearly you didn't show up to do anything but interrogate me on shit that doesn't concern you."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,788 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
irony [past]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2019 7:23:48 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar
[attr="class","lars"]
pokemon

tag

words

notes
that got a little too long. wHOOPS

“Why are you getting so defensive, then?” is all he begins, unfazed at her anger. “Maybe he did tell you something that hit a nerve or two. Or three, he continues, getting up and off the counter and eyeing her with absolutely no sense of remorse.

“Oh, really? You think it’s none of my business? Then tell me, why were you crying your heart out over him if… oh, I don’t know, he was the one who broke up with you?” he continues. Well, he’s definitely heard the rumors here and there. About how… about how there was even a proposal.

The only thing that wasn’t clear was who proposed to whom, so here he was.

“Oh wait, it wasn’t him who left. It was you, right? Humor me, then, if the rumors I heard were right—you proposed to him? Or was it the other way around, he proposed, you turned him down and you broke it off? And what happened? Did he get cold feet? Or was he involved with someone else? Maybe you were involved with someone else and were too chicken to tell him—” he continues, postulating out loud.

Rumors were really hard to prove unless one went straight to the source.

“Oh, that’s right, I also know how you two were childhood friends, so what kind of a chance do I even stand against that? If you hadn’t snapped at me like that, well, I would consider the bridge between us burned right here, right now. Honestly, I think it was for the best you’re not with him—or with anyone, for that matter,” he adds with a bit of a huff.

Well, there went the original plan of comforting her. Out the window, down the drain.

“I wouldn’t know if you have any more previous boyfriends or skeletons in that closet of yours, Stormy, I just wanted you to know that there was someone who wanted to take care of you no matter what happened. No matter what hell came crashing through the region. Instead, you chose a childhood crush, but did he even love you as much as I do? Was he there when you were kidnapped? Who saved you from that pyromaniac in Rocket? Did he? No! It was me! I baited him out! Was he around when we went around on all those missions together? No, of course not!”

…wait, what.

Lars, what the fuck, no. Back the hell up!

Those words had come out like a mic drop, and he could feel his ears burning a bright shade of red. But he was too riled up to care at that moment.

“You’re acting like a child, you know… hanging onto someone who’s not here in Hoenn anymore, we’re down a ‘Champion’, and yet you’re still clinging onto the hope that you’re going to get back together! Are you really that hung up over him? Judging from all the empty wine bottles, I’d say you were. Still are.”

He lets out another snort after that.

“Honestly, I don’t know how you can charm all these men to come after you. But whatever it is you’re doing, maybe they don’t meet your impossibly-high standards. Who knows if the other guys who came before Mr. Stone were just as in love with you as I am, but got turned off at how you present yourself when you’re backed into a corner and the words really hurt you because they’re the truth. I suggest you lower those standards, whatever they might be, and save yourself the trouble.”

At this he turns towards the door.

“Because honestly, I don’t know what kind of snake-charming you’re doing, maybe you were really meant to be left alone, to never experience what love really is like from someone who would come sweeping in to your aid and save you. Protect you. Defend you. I was going to tell you so much more about my feelings for you, but well, with the way you just snapped at me like that, consider those feelings dead. It’s gone.

Even if what he last said also hurt him, he knew it was time to back off. Time to back off and melt away from the scene. Because there really was no chance for him since the beginning.

“Oh and that food was really meant for you, take it. I have no use for it,” he adds as he makes his way back through the living room and stops at the door to lace up his boots once more. Once he’s done, he straightens up.

“Good luck with whatever man you manage to charm and dump next,” he says shortly, before stepping out of the door and slamming it. A few moments later, the revving noise of a motorcycle speeding away is heard.

And just like that, he’s gone. Walked out of her life. For good, maybe?

Who knows.