she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
storm chaser [g]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2019 22:19:58 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

one of many stops since her elevation to council woman, olivia decided it far past time to investigate the silph sister. while they had met briefly during balder's ball and a handful of other times there were still gaps in olivia's knowledge of the young woman. there was also the alexander issue (or nonissue if he had kept quiet?). regardless, olivia was in lavaridge now and ready for whatever awaited her.

which should have been a relaxing day at the famed spas. olivia peeled off the thin jacket of azure silk, wrapping it around her waist as she took a seat on a bench next to the slab that would serve as their battle ground. it was simply time to wait for the fiery gym leader.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
storm chaser [g]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2020 21:11:03 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygold"]
[attr="class","bodygoldt"]
[break]

The knowledge that Stormy had of Olivia Abbiati was almost non-existent. Given that Stormy wasn't well-versed in political agendas, or worried much at all for that matter, about the council's personal life - she hadn't inquired about Olivia at all. Kim was tightlipped and indifferent and Fernando was just indifferent. 'It didn't concern her', was usually along the lines of what he said.[break][break]

Regardless, Stormy would recognise Olivia only because of their past and brief interaction beforehand. She spots the woman sitting on one of the slabs.[break][break]

"Tired already? The battle hasn't even begun yet, Miss Abbiati."[break][break]

Stormy's skin glows with warmth and sweat from a day spent outside in the heat and humidity. Despite this, she doesn't appear at all fazed or tired. Her eyes remain bright and alert, waiting.[break][break]

[attr="class","bodygoldp"]

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold b] color: #DEA20C; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
storm chaser [g]
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2020 0:10:03 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

"enjoying the scenery, miss silph." she replied, rising from the slab. "i rarely have time to visit outside the white walls of sootopolis so it can be refreshing, if not relaxing, to see what the rest of hoenn has to offer." olivia quipped as she moved to take a position on the other side of the slab, across from stormy.

"i am unsure of your honorifics and ceremonies in your gym battles, so please, do enlighten me." olivia began, reaching for a pokeball and eying the younger woman.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
storm chaser [g]
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2020 14:12:46 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Stormy watches the other woman calmly as she speaks. With a glance over her shoulder, she breathes a deep sigh, holding onto it in the pit of her stomach before letting it go. With a subtle nod, she turns back to Olivia.[break][break]

"It's simple, but it's beautiful."[break][break]

Olivia gets to her feet to move past her and the brunette moves a step to get out of her way. The battlefield awaits and she eventually makes her way across it in preparation for their battle.[break][break]

"I'm nothing special, I'm just another stepping stone to the Champion seat. I accept double battles to test the vice and strength of two Pokemon at a time. If you can't control both at the same time, you aren't going to beat me."[break][break]

But she could see the strength in Olivia - she was more than capable of taking her badge today. [break][break]

With a flick of her wrist, she releases two of her Pokemon: Arcanine and Donphan.[break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
storm chaser [g]
POSTED ON Mar 6, 2020 3:12:42 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

olivia offered stormy a smile at her words. not so long ago, she was in this same position with one ; a simple two on two battle. with him, olivia had come to test his resolve and his intentions. with her, this girl of silph name yet not the same reputation - it was to test her strength. olivia produced two poke balls of her own, tossing them forth with a casual flick. meara the vaporeon and calypso the azumarill reveal themselves in a display of light.

"straight to it then." olivia said, without missing a beat. calypso's tail bobbed and wiggled, summoning forth clouds and soon rain curtesy of the rain dance. as the downpour began, calypso peered into the future sight with a blink of her beady eyes. a snap of her fingers followed the oncoming rain, and meara released two scalding torrents of water aimed at each of stormy's pokemon.

"tell me, stormy, what are your thoughts -" olivia began, moving a strand of silver hair from her face, the storm around the intensifying. "- on myself? aligned with those of your brother's, i presume."

azumarill used rain dance! (1/5)
azumaril used future sight on donphan! (1/2)
vaporeon used scald on arcanine! (boosted by RAIN and STAB)
vaporeon used scald on donphan! (boosted by RAIN and STAB)

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
storm chaser [g]
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2020 15:15:47 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Stormy watches both of Olivia's Pokemon breach the battlefield. Their blue scales and blue skin shimmer with damp as they take their first steps. It doesn't surprise her and it doesn't intimidate her, because she knows better than to express any indication of weakness. But the fact remains that she's at a considerable disadvantage.[break][break]

But it wasn't about disadvantage, it's how you handled your Pokemon. She had been under worse odds in several missions she had been involved with.[break][break]

Courtesy of the woman's Vaporeon, rain clouds form over their heads and rain begins to fall in thick drops. It splashes against the ground and soaks it almost instantly. Steam rises from the springs surrounding them, making it hotter and more humid. The stickiness of the air is suffocating, but Stormy is used to it.[break][break]

Olivia speaks and Stormy's gaze remains trained on her Pokemon as both Arcanine and Donphan take a heavy step into the torrent of weather. The brutes thick fur is tousled as he bends his neck to growl. [break][break]

"And what, pray tell, are his thoughts on you, Miss Abbiati?"[break][break]

At the sound of her voice, Donphan tucks herself into a ball to steel forward in a

defense curl and rollout

, aimed directly for the Vaporeon. The slickness of the rain unintentionally speeds up her momentum, spraying water along each side of her. She takes the

scald

, but the speed of her incoming attack helps to deflect the pain and the

scald

sprays off her back.[break][break]

Arcanine has already sprinted forward, paws slapping the ground with each impact as he lends a

helping hand

to his partner, helping to guide her effectively and expertly. His

agility

helps to act as a distraction as he darts in and out, blocking the view of his incoming partner. The two of them are a blur on the battlefield.[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
storm chaser [g]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2020 2:34:10 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

calypso's view into the future offered her insight, and on cue, the elephant came hurtling towards meara; however, future sight bombarded the donphan with psychic energies, allowing meara to use a quick attack to reposition herself away from the duo and a black haze spilled from her mouth as she did so. the entire field was enveloped in the thick smoke and as the rain fell, calypso began to gather it around her body in aqua rings.

"he considers me a nuisance, if not a threat, to his power." olivia replied plainly, giving a curt nod to her azumarill. water droplets had began to envelop the springy blue ball that was her aqua tail, and calypso launched forward at the donphan with huge power.

"do you see me in the same light? fernando is a man, power is all he craves; but woman to woman, what is it that you seek?"

rain dance is in effect! (2/5)
future sight activated on donphan! (2/2)
vaporeon used quick attack! (+1 priority)
vaporeon used haze! (resets all pokemon stats)
azumarill used aqua ring! (1/5)
azumarill used aqua tail on donphan! (boosted by RAIN, STAB, & HUGE POWER)

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
storm chaser [g]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2020 13:47:56 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Donphan's objective wasn't necessarily to always hit her target - merely to keep on moving. With her built up momentum, she could very easily take out anything in her path.[break][break]

It was, of course, a disappointment when the future sight caught word of her intentions and redirected her. The psychic energy crashes against her mind but, thankfully, there isn't much to her brain capacity or train of thought. Momentarily disturbed, the Donphan continues to rollout, spraying damp earth and debris in her wake.[break][break]

Unfortunately, it also did not take long for Olivia's Pokemon to dominate the field and lather it in obstacles only they were experts in navigating. [break][break]

Arcanine's paws squelch mud between his claws, his fur now heavy with humidity and rain. He was uncomfortable and uneasy.[break][break]

Stormy's eyes revert back to Olivia only temporarily as the woman continues her plight against her brother.[break][break]

"Are you? Fernando is not often wrong, even if I disagree with him."[break][break]

Arcanine witnesses a flash of blue in between the thick haze that surrounds both himself and his partner. The incoming aqua tail is nearly missed by both of Stormy's Pokemon.[break][break]

"Defensive stance, redirect the attack!"[break][break]

Donphan comes to a screeching halt as the aqua tail bears down on her. Arcanine means to intervene with a roar, using his voice as a wave of noise to distract and disorient the Azumarill. [break][break]

The elephant, however, has tilted herself so that she may clench tighter into another defense curl, before her body rapidly spins. Upon impact, her rough body would almost certain inflict damage upon her opponent despite the aqua tail. [break][break]

Water sprays in all directions as the water-type move meets the rapid spin.[break][break]

Stormy glances back at Olivia, visibly unsure what to make of her pointed and forward questions.[break][break]

"I know virtually nothing about you, Miss Abbiati."[break][break]

And then the Arcanine breaks formation to intercept and protect the Donphan. Fire spills from his maw like a flamethrower as he draws closer, fanning the area as he sets down his stance as Donphan's protector.[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
storm chaser [g]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2020 23:19:24 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

her initial attack hits, but the roar startles calypso for just a moment as the donphan begins to spin. thankfully, the aqua rings from earlier allowed her to withs and the attack and olivia ordered, "fritz freeze." meara blasted an aurora beam at the donphan from behind before melding into the forming pools of water with acid armor. calypso lurched forward to play rough with the arcanine, the rain and her aqua rings weakening the flames as she followed up with a hefty aqua tail.

"what would you like to know?" olivia asked, amusingly. "i briefly recall seeing you at the coronation, no? all that time ago, when i first arrived... or perhaps it was balder's ball..."
she pursed her lips in thought.

rain dance is in effect! (3/5) [FIRE type attacks deal 1/2 damage]
aqua ring is in effect! (2/5)
azumarill hit by rapid spin!
azumarill hit by flamethrower! (1/2 damage)
azumarill healed by aqua ring!
azumarill used play rough on arcanine! (STAB & HUGE POWER)
azumarill used aqua tail on arcanine! (boosted by RAIN, STAB, & HUGE POWER)
vaporeon used aurora beam on donphan!
vaporeon used acid armor! (+1 DEF)

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
storm chaser [g]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2020 23:26:43 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

And then suddenly, panic. [break][break]

Donphan discovers that her body is melded to the ground, frozen to the surface. It's rough and jagged and she feels her breath slow. She can't move, she is rooted, her momentum lost.[break][break]

The remainder of the flames from Arcanine's flamethrower barely scratch the surface before he is pulled away, tackled to the ground with a play rough and aqua tail. The beast snarls, teeth snapping in the air as he aims to tear the Pokemon from his body. Should paws find purchase, he would use his immense size and desperation to fling the Azumarill away and break contact.[break][break]

And then he would once again bear straight for his companion, blasting over the ice path that seizes Donphan in an intense flare blitz.[break][break]

He collides with the Donphan and likely steps over the Vaporeon that had conveniently disappeared into the water. But the force of his attack is enough to both melt and set the Pokemon back onto her feet. It's enough momentum for her to conjure an earthquake, to rattle and break the earth that the Vaporeon has used for her benefit.[break][break]

Without hesitating, the Donphan then begins to bulldoze her way forward and directly for the hopefully still recovering Azumarill. If the Vaporeon was in her path then so be it, two birds one stone.[break][break]

Arcanine's heavy paws keep time with Donphan's as he lends a helping hand.[break][break]

"Is there anything I need to know?"[break][break]

Olivia mentions Balder's ceremony and she thinks back on it, but she hadn't really stayed long.[break][break]

"I was in Sootopolis for Balder, yes. It was a memorable event."[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
storm chaser [g]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2020 3:43:03 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

as the earth began to shake, meara leapt out of the water with a quick attack, throwing herself at the arcanine like a shooting star as this was a last resort. meanwhile, calypso peeked into the future as the heavy elephant came bulldozing towards her with future sight - and just as the donphan was ready to make contact, she bounced with her springy tail into the sky and out of danger.

"i suppose not" olivia shrugged, watching her pokemon. "if you keep up with the news i'm sure you've heard the gossip. though not too often do i hear much of the silph sister - at least not you. how is it, living in fernando's shadow? he is quite proud of his power and success, as you are probably aware."

rain dance is in effect! (4/5) [FIRE type attacks deal 1/2 damage]
aqua ring is in effect! (3/5)
vaporeon used quick attack on arcanine! (+1 priority +1 DEF)
vaporeon used last resort on arcanine!
azumarill hit by earthquake!
azumarill used future sight! (1/2)
azumarill used bounce! (1/2)

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
storm chaser [g]
POSTED ON Mar 17, 2020 16:30:56 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Arcanine's footsteps fumble courtesy of the earthquake. The ground continues to shake and tremble, cracking and breaking underfoot. It's unstable and reckless, threatening to swallow everyone whole.[break][break]

It's because of his fragile footing that he narrowly misses being tackled to the ground by the Vaporeon's last resort. As the sleek water-type sails over his broad shoulders, Arcanine finds his face buried in the mud.[break][break]

Meanwhile, it seems the Azumarill had managed to bounce her way out of Donphan's path. As the stocky elephant pushes the earth from her bulldoze into an incredible heaping mountain, she'd back up and shake herself off. The rain was starting to lessen, and the dampness swallowed by the impossible heat of Lavaridge's climate once again.[break][break]

Olivia continues to speak, however, but her tone or choice of words strikes a chord in the younger woman when addressing herself and . Her hand raises and both Arcanine and Donphan look to their master expectantly.[break][break]

"Is it your intention to insult me, Olivia? I live under no one's shadow except my own. The news eats up gossip like it's their last supper - I would not consider it a blessing of any kind. Fernando's power and success was earned, so I'm not sure why you're so hard-pressed to insult my family."[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
storm chaser [g]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2020 1:24:35 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

"gods no." olivia scoffed, dismissing the idea with a wave of her hand. the battle raged on, and multiple things happened at once. first, meara repeated the same tactic of throwing herself at the arcanine, using quick attack and last resort to slam into the fire type with a golden aura. then, azumarill's attacks activated. the future sight locked onto the donphan and bombarded it with psychic energies while she came bouncing back down with an aqua tail and play rough.

"i am simply curious, is all. given your position as gym leader and fernando's own as a council member i wonder how that might affect the political stage of the league, and even your own state, stormy." olivia explained. "i do not mean to disregard your own success or achievements, simply noting how they have been obscured by fernando - intentionally or not." she chuckled as she added, "it can be difficult to get a word in with him in the room, much less have the opportunity to talk about anyone besides himself."

rain dance is in effect! (5/5) [FIRE type attacks deal 1/2 damage]
aqua ring is in effect! (4/5)
vaporeon used quick attack on arcanine! (+1 priority +1 DEF)
vaporeon used last resort on arcanine!
azumarill used play rough on donphan! (boosted by STAB & HUGE POWER)
azumarill used aqua tail on donphan! (boosted by RAIN, STAB, & HUGE POWER)
future sight activated on donphan! (2/2)
bounce activated on donphan! (2/2) (boosted by HUGE POWER)

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
storm chaser [g]
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2020 2:03:35 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Disbelief and a quiet anger burns in the young woman's eyes. The councilwoman's scoff almost echoes in her mind like a slap in the face. [break][break]

Donphan crumbles under the weight of the future sight and bounce, unwilling to put herself at risk of disobeying her master. Stormy had paused the match to exchange words more accurately with the woman, but it seemed the courtesy had not been extended back.[break][break]

Before any more of the woman's Pokemon's attacks could finish, they are quickly interrupted by Arcanine's burst of agility as he avoids the leaping frog and roars a warning. His intentions are clear: the battle is over.[break][break]

"I'm not sure what it is you're insinuating, Miss Abbiati, but I do not approve. You have a lot of gall to come into my home and attempt to slander my family. I sense jealousy and personal strife, and that sort of insecurity does not belong in my gym."[break][break]

Arcanine has since returned to her side, while Donphan remains lying down. The woman's fingers bury themself in the legendary dog's hair along his brow, taking time to scratch behind the beast's ear.[break][break]

"I believe that, if you can't get a word in with him, it's for good reason. Now then, I do believe this battle is over, Miss Abbiati. The exit is that way."[break][break]

Despite how flustered she is beneath the surface, Stormy manages to keep her calm. If she had learned anything from Fernando, she had learned how hard she could fight to maintain composure. A beam of light returns the fainted Donphan.[break][break]

[break][break]

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
storm chaser [g]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 1:13:55 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar

well that was abrupt. in all honesty olivia hadn't noticed stormy's gesture, and even if she had, how was she supposed to know it meant for the battle to hold. they could both speak, obviously, and a simple 'pause' would have sufficed. regardless, olivia whistled for her pokemon to return to her. "your instincts would be wrong, stormy. i came here to see what there is of the second silph sister. if i had intentions to slander your family name, i would have made such crystal clear." she said cooly, eyeing the fiery girl.

"but the battle is over, and i thank you for it. olivia said with a shallow curtsy. "you have the makings of a woman to be reckoned with, and your skill with your pokemon is something you should be proud of.." olivia offered to the gym leader as she approached. "lead the way." she said, holding her hand out. she was expecting a badge.

BATTLE OVER