orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
boarding pass [m]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2019 14:22:22 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","anotheronedark"]

tag
notes
1/7 (keeping track for the shady deal event)

He's stranded.

See, the taxi services are normally the most reliable way for him to travel from place-to-place for his job. As a ranger, it often feels like he's got to be everywhere and anywhere all at once, and he can't always rely on his own Pokemon. Honchkrow's not strong enough and his Hydreigon — is a Hydreigon. He's still working on its attitude problems and making sure it doesn't destroy everything it touches.

So he'd flown here via Pokemon taxi, fully expecting that he'd be able to get back the same way—

—until he arrives at the pick-up location to find his driver freaking out and babbling about an injured Pokemon. And see, Orion's not mad. Injuries happen. He doesn't blame the taxi service or the poor Pokemon that had gotten hurt, but he can hardly get a word in to tell the guy as much because he's frantically trying to reassure the ranger that help is on the way.

Apparently, they're calling in a favour with the league, or something.

"... it's fine," Orion manages, when the man finally takes a breath. "I'm not in a hurry. It's fine. I can wait."

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]color:#A490FF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]color:#A490FF; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
if you could only see the beast you've made of me
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
boarding pass [m]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2019 14:41:32 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","bodygold"]
[attr="class","bodygoldt"]
[break]

The radio or phone device attached to her belt buzzes with an incoming message. It's a request alert asking for assistance with the new taxi system. The incorporation of new technology had been good so far, but had, unfortunately, come its setbacks.[break][break]

One of them being that the weather in Hoenn was far more unpredictable than in Alola and Galar. The taxi service Pokemon were retiring quickly in the elements and often suffering minor injuries. As a result, the League was asking for ranger assistance from time to time to sub in for Pokemon unable to work.[break][break]

Stormy would be the first to answer this afternoon's request, and she'd arrive at the taxi station to find a vaguely familiar face in the crowd. Except the crowd was only one person, and she was fairly certain she had seen the man before with a bird of some kind.[break][break]

"Hey, sorry about the delay. The weather is just unpredictable today, we had to take the long way. Aren't you one of the newer ranger recruits? Haven't I seen you around before?"[break][break]

She slides off the back of her shiny Charizard, giving the dragon a solid pat before approaching Orion.[break][break]

"You aren't the one stranded here, are you? Don't you have your own flying-type Pokemon?"

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold b] color: #DEA20C; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp] margin-left: -35px; margin-bottom: -40px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
boarding pass [m]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2019 14:52:30 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

tag
notes
2/7 (keeping track for the shady deal event)

The woman who lands looks vaguely familiar, and he's busy trying to put his finger on why when she appears to recognize him, as well. He blinks, surprised. He's not used to standing out in any kind of capacity.

"I — yeah, maybe," he stammers, caught off guard. "I'm a Ranger, yeah."

It clicks, then, where he's seen her before. She's one of their Elite, and he's suddenly ten times more self-conscious about the fact that he's stuck out here and requiring assistance from the very organization he was supposed to be working for. Yikes. How embarrassing.

"I've got my Honchkrow, yeah, he confirms with a shrug, "but he's not exactly big enough to fly me around. And — well, there's Nidhogg, but he's... Hydreigon can be temperamental at the best of times. I didn't want to risk it."

He fishes around in his brain for a name before he lands on the one he thinks is right. "You're... Stormy?" She's a gym leader, as well, Lavaridge if he recalls. He'd never been to the gym, but the names of the gym leaders were unavoidable if you paid any sort of attention. "Thanks for bailing me out. It'd be a long walk back to Fortree."

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
boarding pass [m]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2019 15:18:00 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

He stammers and she almost laughs, genuinely surprised and amused at how off-guard and confused he appears to be. She tilts her head to observe him while he works to defend himself.[break][break]

Stormy's suspicions are confirmed as he admits to his Honchkrow. Although she subtly nods, understanding his hesitation. The bird could likely carry just herself, but Orion seemed much taller and likely far heavier than her.[break][break]

That, and assuming an untrained Hydreigon would be safe enough to fly with was also probably not the best course of action.[break][break]

"Hmm.. I see. Well, I guess I'll be your taxi home then."[break][break]

Orion speaks her name aloud in almost a questioning tone and she raises an eyebrow, as if surprised he wouldn't immediately recognize her.[break][break]

"Yeah, Stormy. Pretty sure I've seen you around. C'mon, let's get going. The storm isn't going to relent anytime soon, so we should just head out as soon as possible. Wadjet is friendly, just don't squeeze too hard."[break][break]

At the mention of her name, the black Charizard shifts her weight and extends her wings a bit, puffing smoke from her nostrils. Stormy swings a leg over the side as she hoists herself up.[break][break]

"You coming?"

[break][break]

[newclass=.bodygold] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 12px; color: #aaa; padding: 35px; width: 330px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top: 30px; text-align: justify; background: #2e2e2e; border-radius: 3px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h1] display: inline-block; font-style: italic; font-size: 14px; line-height: 0%; color: #DEA20C; font-weight: bold; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygold h2] display: inline-block; line-height: 0%; font-size: 11px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldt] float: right; margin: -36px; margin-top: -26px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.bodygoldt a] font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; color: #DEA02C; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 1px; text-decoration: none; background: #333; padding: 10px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.bodygoldp img] background: #333; padding: 10px; padding-left: 0px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
boarding pass [m]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2019 15:26:29 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

tag
notes
3/7 (keeping track for the shady deal event)

He's relieved to know he'd gotten it right; he tried his best to recall the names of the more well-known rangers in the organization, but he was also a complete mess when it came to social interaction and wouldn't be shocked if he forgot Laurence's name in a moment of stress.

Thankfully, that hadn't happened yet.

"Sounds good," he agrees. It's a bit intimidating, the thought of flying through a storm, but he's got no doubt in his mind that Stormy knows her Pokemon and their limits. She was a gym leader and a ranger, she'd know better than to push them too hard. When she calls out to him, he realises he's been busy admiring the beautiful black hide of the Charizard and starts.

"Yeah, my bad!"

Following instruction, he's very careful not to squeeze the Charizard any more than is absolutely necessary to ensure that he doesn't, y'know, fall off. Now that would be mortifying.

"Your Charizard is beautiful," he says with evident admiration. "Where did you find her? I've never seen such coloration before."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
boarding pass [m]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2019 15:40:06 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Stormy's hand strokes the neck of her Charizard idly while she waits. When Orion finally picks his jaw up from admiring Wadjet, the Pokemon shifts her weight as he climbs aboard.[break][break]

Her skin is impossibly warm, completely nullifying the cold dampness of the rain.[break][break]

This storm reminds her vividly of her gym challenge against Alexei. This would be nothing in comparison to the relentlessness of that battle. At least out here she wouldn't have to avoid falling rocks and hailstorms made by Pokemon.[break][break]

Wadjet cranes her neck to observe the young man, thoroughly enjoying his compliments. Her warm breath tickles his face, eyes squinting closed.[break][break]

"She was a gift from Cait Alfric. When I received her she was a timid Charmeleon with the regular coloration. When she evolved, something must have happened because her skin turned black. She's healthy and strong, however, so I'm not concerned."[break][break]

With little warning other than the slow unfurl of her impossibly large wings, Wadjet walks toward the cliff to drop. It takes a moment to adjust to the added weight and they fall for a second before she catches the wind under her wings. [break][break]

And then they're flying, her wing strokes are powerful and rain pelts off of her skin and her passengers.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
boarding pass [m]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2019 15:49:46 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

tag
notes
4/7 (keeping track for the shady deal event)

The Charizard seems to enjoy his flattery, and Orion can't help but smile at her. She's truly a beautiful Pokemon, and if not for the colour of her skin seems completely healthy and alert. She's also strong, as evidenced by the fact that she was able to carry both her trainer and passenger with relative ease.

Colour him impressed.

"I've heard it's very rare," he supplies after a pause for thought. "I found a Houndoom with blue fur, first time I'd ever seen anything like it. But like you said with Wadjet here, she seems completely normal apart from that fact."

Calypso had been a welcome addition to both his team and his home, but he'd left her at home for this outing as it hadn't been a particularly difficult one. The only Pokemon he had with him was his Absol.

Conversation gets a little harder as they take to the skies and the wind rushes past them, drops of rain often feeling like tiny pellets of hail. Wadjet is warm, counteracting the chill of the air, and Orion welcomes it. Flying is always an exhilarating feeling, and not for the first time is the ranger thankful he's not afraid of heights.

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
boarding pass [m]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2019 15:58:15 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

For the most part, the flight is quiet. The rush of wind and rain past their ears is deafening but ultimately feels relaxing.[break][break]

Orion speaks prior to this, before the wind steals their voices and limits communication. Wadjet hadn't been the first Pokemon she had seen with a strange colouration. She had a young and blind Vulpix turn white in her care as well.[break][break]

Aside from the colour of her fur, however, the young fire fox was healthy, if blind from a prior trauma or genetic defect she had been found with.[break][break]

Thunder rumbles in the dark clouds overhead, and Stormy shifts her weight to sit back between Wadjets shoulders. Lightning splits the sky in the distance, but the humidity in the air seems to increase exponentially, causing her to feel tingly and uncomfortable.[break][break]

Wadjet rumbles nervously, tail lashing at the potential danger making itself abundantly clear in the air.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
boarding pass [m]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2019 16:19:58 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

tag
notes
5/7 (keeping track for the shady deal event)

It doesn't take long before he's drenched from the rain, grateful for Wadget's heat as the Charizard carries them through the force of the storm. He's not worried, not at first. Not until the thunder rumbles and lightning flashes and—

—is she nervous?

Wadjet's grumble doesn't go unnoticed, felt like a tremor in his thighs. He had faith in both Pokemon and trainer, but if the Charizard herself was getting nervous in the storm—

Crack!

Another peal of thunder, louder and longer than the first, and then a bolt of lightning far too close for Orion's comfort. He tenses instinctively before remembering don't squeeze, don't squeeze and tries not to panic as he realises they must be heading right toward the heart of the storm.

He is not in that much of a hurry.

"I think we should land!" The wind tries to steal away his words, but Orion raises his voice above the howl of the storm and cups one hand over his mouth to amplify it further. Thunder rumbles and punctuates his words, and he winces in expectation of the lightning that's sure to follow. "It's only getting worse!"

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
boarding pass [m]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2019 16:27:28 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Stormy shows no fear, not until the muscles of Wadjects shoulders grow tense and her voice rumbles in a low warning. Only then does she recognize and become aware of how dangerous of a turn the storm has become.[break][break]

Her heartbeat quickens in sync with Wadjets as another crack of lightning brightens the sky. It rattles them nearly to their core, the thunder loud as the lightning pierces the ground.[break][break]

Stormys breath comes in shallow pants as the rain drags her down. Wadjet is banking, automatically indicating her desire to land instead of continue.[break][break]

Stormy can hear Orion shouting over her shoulder and she shakes her head, hand pulling soaking wet hair aside so she can hear.[break][break]

"Wadjet is finding a place to land! Hold onto me!"[break][break]

She shouts back, hands holding tight to the reins of her Pokemon as they begin to drop from the sky.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
boarding pass [m]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2019 16:42:40 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

tag
notes
6/7 (keeping track for the shady deal event)

There's no time for hesitation or discomfort. Stormy orders him to hold on and Orion doesn't even think about it, grips tight and braces himself as the Charizard pulls away from the storm and toward the safety of solid ground.

Orion can hardly see; the rain's gotten into his eyes, now, blurring his vision. He wants to reach up to rub at them, or perhaps just to push damp hair from his forehead, but he doesn't dare to let go until they've landed. He's breathing hard, and this is turning out to be more frightening than most of the jobs he'd done combined. If the Charizard was struck, if they fell—

—but they don't.

They land, and he dismounts on shaky legs to catch his breath and let his heart rate slow. He looks to Stormy with a near-hysterical laugh, the adrenaline from the experience coursing through his veins. "Shit, that was — that was close. Are you two OK?" He's equally concerned for Pokemon and trainer alike. To the Charizard in particular, he directs his gratitude, "Thanks for getting us to safety, Wadjet."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
boarding pass [m]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2019 17:35:37 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

Despite the fear and the electricity in the air, despite how tense Wadjet is between her thighs and how tightly Orion's arms curl around her waist to hold on, Stormy's resolve is strong.[break][break]

Lightning continues to stream across the sky, narrowly avoiding the delicate wings of her mount. The charizard is breathing hard, her tail flame is not as blazingly bright as it had been. Anxiety has slowed her down.[break][break]

But then her feet hit the ground and, with a lurch and a groan, Wadjet comes to a halt. Her wings arch over her head before lowering to allow her passengers to climb down, but then she continues to pace and grow more agitated.[break][break]

Stormy gathers the beasts face in her hands, pulling the Pokemon aggressively down to eye level. [break][break]

"Wadjet, breathe. Slow down. We're safe, girl. Easy, easy. Relax."[break][break]

The Pokemon shudders violently, struggling against her trainers iron grasp. She does eventually come to a halt, slowing her breathing and blinking slowly as she collects herself.[break][break]

Stormy holds her hand against the Charizards cheek as she turns to face Orion.[break][break]

"My apologies for the emergency landing. I wasn't expecting the storm to move inland this fast."[break][break]

Shes also breathing hard.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
boarding pass [m]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2019 19:04:20 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

tag
notes
7/7 (keeping track for the shady deal event)

He's sympathetic to the plight of the Charizard, watching on with a concerned expression as Stormy does her best to calm the agitated Pokemon down.

When she turns to him with an apology, Orion waves a dismissive hand. "Don't worry about it," he says firmly. "I don't think either of us expected to get that intense. I'm just glad everyone's OK." Or at the very least that they would be, even if they were all a little shaken right now. His hands are trembling a little from the adrenaline rush, and it's cold away from the Charizard's heat.

He turns his gaze skyward to observe the dark stormclouds overhead. He's no meteorologist, but he doesn't think they'll clear up in a reasonable time frame. He could be wrong, but...

"Do you know where we are?" He hadn't really paid attention to exactly where they'd landed, had only been concerned with holding on and restraining his panic. "I can probably make my way back to Fortree from here; I don't want to put you or Wadjet in any more danger."

close tab

played by

castaway

stormy, bronwen
she / her
twenty-five
july 25
saffron city, kanto
heterosexual
elite four
1350 height
1350 height
awards
3,978 posts
Stormy Silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @stormy
Stormy Silph
boarding pass [m]
POSTED ON Nov 19, 2019 23:50:43 GMT
Stormy Silph Avatar
[nospaces]
[break]

They've sought shelter beneath a particularly leafy tree - or it would be, had it not already dropped a fair amount of its leaves already. She can feel goosebumps spreading across her exposed skin as the cold bit into her. The wind and rain were nearly relentless other than in the shadow of Wadjet's body. The dragon was taking the brunt of the onslaught, her warmth dwindling with her exhaustion.[break][break]

Stormy follow's Orion's gaze as he looks up into the malicious clouds overhead. They continue to rumble and spark, their terrifying blight still wreaking havoc in the clouds. She shudders, mostly from the cold. Wadjet wraps her tail around the woman but she is promptly returned to her Pokeball to prevent her from getting sick.[break][break]

The young man's question is a reasonable one, but Stormy is unfortunate enough to not know how to respond.[break][break]

"I think we're almost there, but it's far too dangerous to travel much farther, even on foot."[break][break]

Even as she says this though, she can feel that anticipation growing in her limbs, that urge to keep moving. She's not the type to call for defeat, to throw in the towel.[break][break]

Her hand grazes Apollo's pokeball and she sighs.[break][break]

"I'm sure we're almost to Fortree, it's just too dark to see the damn trees."[break][break]

At the thought that Orion was the one putting either of them in any danger, Stormy calms the frustration that bubbles in her chest.[break][break]

"I am a ranger, and I was tasked with bringing you home safely. I intend to do that."[break][break]

Her red eyes are filled with determination as she meets his eyes. She hasn't given up yet. With a flick of her wrist, she releases a Rapidash and Arcanine.[break][break]

"Take Arcanine. It takes a lot for him to get really wet, he should be able to keep you warm. We're gonna sprint for it, just be careful."[break][break]

Anticipation builds in her chest as Apollo takes one look at how dangerous and wet it is and grows anxious with excitement. His hooves beat the soggy ground as he side-steps Stormy before she can get on.[break][break]

"Don't lose sight of me."[break][break]

Arcanine barks, as if challenging her like 'no, you don't lose me'.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
boarding pass [m]
POSTED ON Nov 20, 2019 1:47:41 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar

tag
notes
8/7 (keeping track for the shady deal event)

"Yeah," Orion agrees of the darkness, scowling at the surrounding forest as if his ire might prompt it to give up answers. He's soaked and cold and wishing more than ever that he owned Pokemon capable of transporting him so that he wouldn't have to inconvenience anyone else. Especially not a fellow ranger. Arceus knew they had enough to deal with.

He's ready to let her call it quits; she's done enough for him, and he appreciates having got this far with their help. Stormy's more stubborn than that, though, and he can't help a slight smile.

"I can't argue with that,"
he relents, "and I know I'd do the same."

That's why they were rangers, right? Because they refused to throw in the towel no matter the odds, no matter the circumstances. That's why Hoenn looked to them like heroes, in a sense. That's what had inspired Orion to become a ranger, to protect others when no one else would. So he nods, steels his own resolve, and decides he'll make this as easy on his superior-slash-driver as possible. He offers no further protest.

Instead, he gives a respectful nod to the Arcanine before mounting up. He chuckles at the Fire-type's determined bark, then gives a second nod to Stormy. "Ready when you are."