orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
technically, missing [m]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2019 0:58:04 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

tag
@monty
notes
thanks random name generator[break]mission

A missing persons case was a serious thing. Shocked would be too light of a word to describe how Orion felt in learning he'd been trusted with such an important mission; sure, he was starting to gain a foothold within the rangers, but this?

His early-day anxieties have returned in full force, and he finds himself pacing at the bottom of the mountain trail with his heart hammering heavy in his chest. What if he fucked up? What if he was too late? The dreaded question echoes in time with his heartbeat: what if, what if, what if?

Katas nuzzles at his hand and looks up at the ranger with wide, red eyes. There's an intelligence in them beyond what Orion can comprehend, and he reminds himself that this is an Absol.

The disaster Pokemon. He'd know what to do if things got too dangerous... right?

Orion's all business when his partner approaches, no trace of the war that's waging within.

"Ranger Conway?" he confirms, having been told the name of his partner-to-be as soon as they'd assigned him one. He holds out a hand; should Monty take it, Orion's grip is firm and brisk. "Ranger Lykos. Or, Orion, if you prefer."

His heart continues to pound to its ominous rhythm: what if, what if, what if?

"I imagine they briefed you on the case? Evelyn Wood, pro athlete, went up Mt. Pyre on a routine jog and never came back down?" He remembers the way his gut has twisted when they told him: 'She's been missing for five days. You might looking for a body.' He tries not to imagine the worst. "Gonna be a hell of a climb. You ready?"

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".orion"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".orion b"]color:#9e76b1;[/newclass]
[newclass=".orion i"]font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".orion a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
technically, missing [m]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2019 1:13:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar

As Monty approaches the dark-haired, taller than him -- because everybody is -- individual, there is a polite smile across Monty's face. He can't help but give a small nod and take the firm, brisk, hand that is extended. He's not exactly shocked that a ranger has a firm hold or a rough hand, but he does wonder if this ranger's now regretting being assigned to Monty-- the local midget ranger, or so he'd been referred to recently.

"I've been briefed, yes."

The confirmation is quick, small, and even a bit too quiet. He takes a deep breath at the thought of climbing and scrunches his face.

"If I'm completely honest, I would really rather teleport up... but who's to say that the ledge will be sturdy once we get up there."

Monty talks himself into a circle before groaning and starting toward the rock wall before him.

"Should get myself a giant-ass bird is what I should do."

He didn't trust his Hydreigon enough to pull it out. They simply hadn't had enough time to bond, so he didn't know how the dragon would react to being a glorified taxi service.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
technically, missing [m]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2019 1:24:54 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

tag
@monty
notes
Truth be told, Orion doesn't even factor Monty's size or his mint-coloured hair into the way he judges him: what he does take in is how quick-and-quietly the other responds. Was he nervous, too? Was it because he didn't usually work with others? It could be for a million reasons, but Orion can't help but mull it over.

"Can you do that?" Orion looks at the foreboding slope of the mountain in front of them, dreads the treacherous climb. "Teleport, I mean. You got a Ralts or something?"

Being native to Hoenn, it's the first Pokemon he thinks of with the ability. He's always admired psychic types, though none of his were capable of such convenient transport. The best thing his Malamar could do was to be terrifying enough to encourage anyone to move a little faster.

"You're probably right about the ledge, though."

He sighs. After all, if an athlete had managed to get stuck-or-worse up there, who's to say they'd fare any better if they warped blindly?

Orion's laugh is a little strained, hinting at his discomfort. "Yeah. I have... a bird, but well..." He glances upward, gesturing to the Honchkrow that circles the skies and awaits their ascent. He'd figured it would be useful to have an aerial advantage, in case Kora could spot something they'd miss among the rugged terrain. "Not exactly transport-sized. So, walking it is..."

Resigned, he takes the lead and starts up the trail, trusting the other to follow.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
technically, missing [m]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2019 1:44:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"You know, I heard that back in the Johto region the Honchkrows actually do transport people from place to place. I figure it's like, carrier pigeons or something. A bunch of them taking one person maybe."

A little conversation didn't hurt. He also noticed that this one seemed as nervous as he did to be doing a dangerous mission like this. Monty had recently said that he didn't want to take on too dangerous a mission, in fear of somebody close to him finding out and getting pissed for putting himself in danger but... Monty loved it. Helping people. The praise afterward, the smile, the rewards; mostly the attention.

"But it's probably just one of those, regional myth things, that don't hold any real weight."

Realizing he was rude, he gave Orion a nod.

"She's a gardevoir, but yeah. I can get us out of there as soon as we find the missing athlete."

His climb is quick since he doesn't weigh much and his weight is not much body fat, but muscle. He's sure to pause every once in a while to make sure Orion's doing well.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
technically, missing [m]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2019 2:03:17 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

tag
@monty
notes

A surprised laugh bursts from Orion at the thought. It sounds dangerous and horribly inconvenient, but it's a hilarious mental image.

"Well, that's settled, then. I just need to get myself like..." Orion pretends to take himself seriously, counting on his fingers, "maybe nine more of 'em, and I'll be all set."

While he'd fully prepared for a hike both up and down the mountain, the idea of a safe trip back down does wonders to leech the tension from his muscles. He'd been worried about how they might get the athlete down if they find her alive.

What if? What if? What if?

"Here I was, pumped for a full-on expedition," he says, all dry humour. "You've ruined the fun."

When he glances over at his colleague, however, it's all relief and a quiet smile.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
technically, missing [m]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2019 2:42:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar

At first, Monty thought the offer the teleport was a bad thing. And what a ludicrous thought that would have been! Getting them a shortcut back was a brilliant idea and anybody who thought otherwise was crazy-- oh, and then he catches the ever-familiar sarcasm and is able to respond in-kind.

"I'm well known for being a buzzkill, Orion. You'll learn that well in or time together. Hopefully short."

Monty pauses to catch a ledge, doing a small hop to do so. Once he's latched, he pulls himself up a bit more and is able to get up on a decently sized ledge. He offers a hand down, sure to grip onto a part of the rock wall beside him. He can't carry Orion's body weight but he can be a makeshift rope between the two in an effort to help the other up.

"No offense. I hate exerting myself more than absolutely necessary."

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
technically, missing [m]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2019 3:16:48 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

tag
@monty
notes

As it turned out, Monty had a similar sense of humour. At least their trek wasn't doomed to be awkward; Orion was already anxious enough.

"Offense taken," he retorts, his expression suggesting otherwise. He's all false bravado concealing the anxiety within. "My company is well worth the effort, thank you very much."

He hesitates only briefly before accepting the offered hand, careful to support himself against the rock-face as best as he could, lest they both go tumbling back down the slope.

Once he's situated on the ledge, Orion gets to his feet and offers his fellow ranger a nod.

Katas leaps up beside them with minimal effort, then performs a series of jumps to position himself further up the trail. Orion's suddenly serious as he watches his partner, a sinking feeling in his stomach. The Absol pauses for a long moment, then disappears over the ridge.

"I trust his instinct," Orion sighs, reluctantly hauling himself onto the next ledge, and the next. Damn it, he hated mountain climbing. When they reach the Absol, Katas is sitting next to a discarded bag. Protein bars and a bottle of water have spilled out of its open top, and Orion casts a grim look in Monty's direction. "This isn't good."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
technically, missing [m]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2019 3:34:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Monty's not entirely sure the man he's with is stable. The only tell he really has is that Orion is sarcastic and seems to assume the worst. Which typically leads to a sort of trauma that he didn't get over. Why does Monty know this? Because once upon a time he hadn't gotten over some trauma and he was quite the pessimist. Life led him to understand. He grew stronger. He became more optimistic-- though a realist.

Either way, Monty knew good and well he needed to be the ray of sunshine in this situation.

"Not every mission ends with a body bag. She could be captive, not dead. Let's try and hold our heads up."

He wished he would have thought of something a bit more optimistic than realist at that moment, but he figured that Orion would appreciate the realism more. Caution leads him to pull a pokeball from his belt. It's a dark ball, covered with green and black with a line of red. He tosses it out toward the side, releasing that Hydreigon that he'd been hesitant about earlier. The loud screech that comes from the three heads is enough to scare, or alert, whatever is near.

"Prepare yourself, regardless. Hopefully she scares whatever might be near off, but there's no garuntee she won't be seen as a --"

All three heads unify in a tri attack toward where the absol had run off, but not at the absol. Instead, at the target.

"Okay! You win, it might be bad."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,650 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
technically, missing [m]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2019 3:52:47 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.missionBG]--missionColor:#4d72a0[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","missionBG"]
[attr="class","missionHead"]
ledian

has attacked!

[attr="class","missionCut"]
[attr="class","missionCutIn"]
[attr="class","missionCutBG"]

[attr="class","missionIMG"]

[attr="class","missionText"]

[attr="class","missionStats"]
stats

fe/male - iron fist[break]
air slash / double-edge / mach punch / knock off / endure / bug buzz

THE ATTACK FORCES A LEDIAN OUT OF HIDING. it wields a spear of some sort, perhaps, human-made... however, it's not the only one. more ledian, wielding similar weapons, as if part of some infantry, reveal themselves. with a startling war cry, they begin to attack, fearful that their captives would be liberated.[break][break]

[attr="class","missionTag"]

& @monty
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
technically, missing [m]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2019 4:17:35 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

tag
@monty
notes

"Captive?" That's an angle Orion hadn't even considered. In his mind, the missing athlete was either injured or dead. Monty's suggestion opens up a whole new avenue of speculation. "I'm not saying she's dead, it's just not looking great."

His expression scrunches up as the Hydreigon is released from her ball. She was as bad as Nidhogg, and that was saying something. His own Hydreigon could be really temperamental.

"Threat?"

His guess comes just as the bright flash from the tri-attack alerts Orion of danger.

He doesn't reply to Monty's exclamation, instead bracing himself against the rock so that he wouldn't easily lose his footing in case of a battle. The battle-cry of an Absol lets Orion know that Katas, at least, is all right; he's distracted from thoughts of his Pokemon when a swarm of spear-wielding — Are those Ledian? With weapons?! — Pokemon crest the ridge.

Orion puts his fingers in his mouth for a sharp whistle, calling Kora down from the skies for an aerial assault. His brave bird crashes into the lead-Ledian with reckless abandon, driving them both onto the rocks. The Honchkrow seems to recover quickly thanks to a tailwind, taunting the group of angry bugs in an attempt to keep them away from both rangers and the captive.

"What the fuck?" is all Orion can think to say.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
technically, missing [m]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2019 3:34:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar

The screeching from his Hydreigon has Monty nearly as annoyed as the spear wielding dual types. He knows good and well there isn’t any sort of advantage in this battle, other than the possibility that those bugs will try and devour his dragon with their type advantage.

"Bugs. Bugs! Why does it have to be bugs?! Why couldn’t it have been a pick of nickits or poochyena?? No! Bugs!"

His anger bleeds through as he glanced to Orion. They needed to get away from the rocks and into some cover, quick. But more than that, the hostage...

"Sneak in with your absol and get the girl out!"

Monty tosses a heal ball, revealing his ever beautiful Radiance, who immediately lets loose a psychic wave energy to blast the bugs back and away from her trainer and his three headed beast.

"Take Radiance! She’ll teleport you out and to the Pokémon center once you get the hostage. I’ll distract the bugs here."

Next out is his claydol, chasm, who twists and whines as he also lets out a sort of energy, extrasensory.

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
technically, missing [m]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2019 18:00:12 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

tag
@monty
notes

Apparently, Monty isn't a fan of bugs. This registers distantly in Orion's thoughts as he watches the Ledian pour out from their hideaway; he's still more concerned about the fact that they're wielding freaking spears than anything else. Where did they get spears?

Monty calls out an order, and Orion doesn't think twice about following it.

"Katas! Let's go."

He nods at the suggestion to take the Gardevoir, considering it a good one. He's concerned about Monty being alone with a pack of kidnapping Ledian and a Hydreigon for defense, but the hostage is their most pressing concern.

"Kora will stay with you," he decides, and the Honchkrow squawks in confirmation. "If nothing else, he can help cover you until you can get out."

Kora beats his wings, setting up a tailwind behind himself and his allies. The endurance of several of the bugs proves an annoying obstacle; the leader whom he'd driven into the ground has fluttered back into the air, haggard but conscious. A quick feint attack finishes it off, and that's the last that Orion sees before he and Katas disappear beyond the ridge.

The girl is alive, battered by spears and weather-beaten though she is. She winces at Orion's approach, but he lifts his hands.

"I'm a ranger; we're here to help, it's OK."

He looks to the Gardevoir with a nod, trusting the psychic Pokemon to deliver them to safety.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
technically, missing [m]
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2019 21:36:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Radiance followed the trainer, leaving hers outside to fend off the bugs. She knew he would be fine with the Hydreigon and Chasm, it was likely that when they returned, Monty would have Gala, his chandelure, out joining the battle as well.

She took both the woman and the man by hand, slipping her eyes closed and concentrating. They were teleported to the closest pokemon center. She waited until everything was under way with the woman to take the ranger's hand once more and teleport them back, right in the heat of battle.

It was just in time for her to throw her psychic at the horde of bugs, sending them into a frenzy as they all fell toward the ground.

"Hey! Focus on healing Kora!"

The gardevoir immediately did as she was told. Fire subsided as the energy had pushed the burning bugs away, so did the sandstorm that the bugs had been ingulfed in. Monty looked to the two with a brilliant smile before dismounting his Hydreigon and putting her away in her dusk ball.

"Everything go smoothly?"

close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
technically, missing [m]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2019 4:47:02 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
[attr="class","orion"]

tag
@monty
notes

They're warped back into the heat of battle, and Orion takes but a moment to gather himself before he's back at it.

Monty's words send panic lancing through Orion's veins — was Kora badly hurt? — but he catches sight of the bird as the Gardevoir directs her healing energies, and lets out a sigh of relief to see his avian partner alive and airborne.

"Everything's great," Orion confirms, catching the other's gaze and offering a brisk nod. "She's shaken, but alive. They're giving her basic first aid and getting what information they can before they send her off for further treatment."

She'd still been a bit of a mess when they'd arrived; there were a lot of tears, and Orion didn't know how to deal with crying, so he'd sort of lingered awkwardly to the side and answered any questions posed to him until he'd been given the all-clear to warp back to the mountain.

Katas bounds up to his trainer and nudges his hand, a quiet sign of welcome and relief.

"She broke her leg when she fell trying to get away from them," he explains, watching as the last few bugs retreat with angry buzzing and chittering. "Couldn't get back to her bag to reach her phone. Lucky her parents called in."

He's smiling, now, and there's something loose and genuine about it; the relief to have found her alive is a unique kind of high.

"Ready to head back down?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
technically, missing [m]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2019 16:32:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Orion seemed... less worried and anxious now. Of course he did, everything was over and done with. Monty gave Orion a nod of confirmation as he recalled everyone but Radiance back to their balls. The recall of the events that happened while he'd battled off the tribe of Ledian was a relief. Didn't seem like he'd get written up; perhaps this would put him in good standing with the rangers. What a relief that would be.

"It's good to hear."

The confirmation is enough, and he moves on with the idea of getting back home with a quick nod, moving to take Radiance's hand who would be teleporting him home. He then looked Orion over, and thought something over.

"Where do you live, Orion? We could drop you off somewhere close, or even get you back to the nearest Pokemon Center if you'd like. I'd hate to head home and leave you stranded."

But he would also hate having to climb back down the mountain when he had a perfectly good teleport he could use. So.