august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
winterfell
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2019 3:11:39 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

it was okay to take your friend out every now and then. as much as kyle had a tendency to annoy mateo, he loved him for who he was. mateo wanted to show his appreciation for everything they've been through. think of it as a sort of...friendaversary.

he stood outside of a restaurant called WINTERFELL dressed for the occasion. it was a fancy restaurant that only opened once a year every december: it was the first of december. mateo casually played with one of his pokemon's pokeball in the palm of his left hand.

for tonight's attire one would come to see mateo's hair styled within a slick back manner. a charcoal pea coat could be seen worn over a dark green turtle neck. khaki chinos, for his bottom wear, were seen at the hem to be rolled over a pair of brown leather casual boots. a pink scarf, belonging to noelle and clashing with his attire, was casually seen wrapped around his mouth and neck.

"it's freezing..." like a dragon-type he shivered, hating the icy weather. he stood outside so that kyle could find the place, had he not known about it. "where the hell is that asshole, makin' me wait in this crap weather." his right hand was placed into his pocket already, the left followed upon putting his pokeball away.

notes: hi.

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #DEA02C; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 7px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
winterfell
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2019 11:13:55 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
who knew mateo actually had some level of sophistication.

what usually happens is that kyle is either too late or too early. unfortunately for mateo, however, he arrives a few minutes later than the agreed time. "and i really thought this was a joke," he heaves in front of mateo, panting as he reaches the venue.

he sports a rather formal attire. a navy blue blazer was worn, with only a single button by the middle fastening the garment. a white dress shirt with the topmost button undone was underneath it, a loosened black tie wrapped around the collar contrasting it. dark blue slacks and black dress shoes complete the attire. a holster was still fastened to his belt, containing but a single pokeball.

"why here anyways?" he asks as he finally catches his breath. "ordering pizza and chilling in my apartment would've been better."

kyle does not actually feel at home with fancy atmospheres and crowded environments, something that the limited-time high-end restaurant entails just from the description alone. still, he went here instead of arguing the moment he got the invitation.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
winterfell
POSTED ON Dec 2, 2019 20:47:51 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

grabbing the palm of kyle's hand, teeth gritted, he'd lead kyle into the restaurant. responding, "just shut up and come on." he needed to get out every now and then. mateo wasn't exactly enjoying this himself. "i thought you'd be into this sort of thing. let's just go in, already!" his face became flushed, mateo remained looking ahead as he tried to hide his embarrassment.

once inside he'd guide them to their table. it was a window seating that allowed them to see the falling snowflakes beyond the slightly frosted windows. "you should want to have a regular meal every now and then. something proper that isn't pizza!" it wasn't as if he were one to talk with all the raw meat he'd been having as of late. "besides, i needed an excuse to get out tonight." extended family were visiting the region and using the estate tonight. he'd rather not be bothered by the increase of nuisances.

"maybe we should've went ice skating instead..." a pondering expression was made as he thought about it. "anyway, you ever been here before?" he'd ask kyle.

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #DEA02C; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 7px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
winterfell
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2019 2:40:21 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
without any gloves or mittens to protect his hand, mateo's touch felt warmer than he expected it to be. he smiles faintly, allowing himself to be led into the establishment and to their seats.

"wait, why?"

he guesses the cause was either noelle or chance, though it was hard to assume. curiosity leads him to ask despite not being exactly nosy. kyle doesn't push for it though, allowing mateo to disregard it should he want to.

instead of waiting for a response, he continues to an answer for his question.

"y-yeah. a couple of times. when i was a kid." he remembers little about the place, besides that it's where a lot of fancy people went and that he liked their food even with his tastes as a kid. "i guess i just expected you to prefer places with--"

a waiter comes and hands them the menu. kyle waits until he is out of the earshot before continuing his statement.

"--bigger servings."

restaurants such as this place often prioritize quality more than quantity. if he knows mateo, however, he wouldn't care much about how good the taste is as long as it hits the threshold that satisfies his taste buds.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
winterfell
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2019 3:05:07 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

kyle wasn't wrong.

"everything on here is in 'rich people' language. i don't get any of this..." maybe this was a bit too fancy for the duo, more or less for mateo rather. "a-anyway," closing the menu briefly, he'd look to kyle. "a lot of the family's been comin' over and taking up all the empty rooms for the holidays. i don't get why everyone's visiting hoenn, but that place is starting to get cramped." not really, it was big enough to hold a plethora of people. mateo just preferred that the home was more emptier than usual, "rooms are filling up like crazy. you'd think we were some sort of inn for the homeless or something." folding his arms, he'd say with a snarl, "i refuse to stay in that place any longer than i have to, they're all drivin' me nuts!"

just talking about it rustled his jimmies. pinching the bridge of his nose, he'd continue, "of course this isn't about me. i just wanted to go out and have some fun..." looking outside of the window, he'd randomly add, "maybe we should've went somewhere more funner like a club or somethin'." placing an elbow atop of the table and resting his chin upon the top of his palm, mateo would say, "so you got any fun memories to share about this place? it doesn't seem all that great." it was too fancy for him, after all.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
winterfell
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2019 15:36:05 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he looks at him straight in the eye, saying the next words with a deadpan stare and a steeled face. "did you believe anything fun happens in a place full of socialites and food bloggers?"

he retains the seriousness of his expression, before he breaks into something more relaxed. he snickers at himself until the laughter fades into mere chuckles and takes hold of the menu. he takes one quick scan of it before looking back to mateo.

"just look at the pictures and choose what looks like the best." he raises a brow and a smirk with his statement. "that's how i did it as a kid."

straightening his back, he leans to the back of his chair. his legs are crossed underneath the table while a single hand holds the menu, eyes still scanning the pictures on the hunt of what seems decent out of the choices he has.

"well, this is your first time here though. i'll let you be the judge. do you think you can make fun memories here?"

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
winterfell
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2019 7:24:40 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

"look i didn't do research on this place, okay?!" he just heard that it was a nice place to take someone you wanted to show appreciation. now that he thought about it, maybe he wasn't remembering the information well enough. "pictures?" he'd look at the menu. would you look at that? how did he miss something so important? maybe he was the actual 'idjit' mateo was so quick to call others.

as he was examining the menu, he continued to listen. it was then his attention was stolen the moment he was asked about creating 'fun memories'. could he do something like that? he'd examine the restaurant, simultaneously he'd speak. "i don't think anyone can share anything in this place unless you enjoy...boring...things..." looking at other patrons, the establishment, and its servers, nothing was out of the ordinary.

it wasn't until he saw a couple or two suddenly kissing. he thought nothing of it at first, but it was then he took notice of the third couple. their heads would look up and then they'd look at each other. mateo, following in suit, would come to notice at another table that, over them, upon their headlight did a mistletoe reside. "ah..." he'd look up at their own headlight, "...oh."

back to kyle, mateo would give his friend a cheeky grin. "i think i can do that," he said, adding, "c'mere, lover boy!" leaning over the table, he'd grab hold of his friend by the collar to pull him in. it was unexpected, but he'd plant a surprise kiss upon kyle's lips. his face contorted out of embarrassment, but mistletoe's weren't gender-specific, right?

so it was normal.

releasing kyle, he'd come to sit back down. "now we have something memorable!" a widened grin was given; although, like clockwork, it'd switch over to a disgruntled expression, as mateo added the following, "don't share that with noelle, asshole!" his index finger was sharply pointed toward kyle from across the table.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
winterfell
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2019 16:45:48 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
it happened all of a sudden. kyle wasn't ready as he turned to a red, hot mess. the sensation was imprinted on his mind. warm, rough and abrupt, it wasn't the most optimal way, but it was enough to be memorable.

kyle remained dazed after a while before exploding suddenly in a fit. "y-y-you can't do that!" he sweeps his hand to his head, his hand holding his hair back. the moment he lets go of it, it immediately holds his weight against the table while the free hand grabs mateo in the same manner.

he lunges for it. for a second time, it happens again.

"at least let me do it," he whispers.

he lets go of him before falling back to his seat, slumping. "a-anyways, stop teasing me. i'm a greedy man. i take what i can and exploit it. you don't want that." he ends with a huff, hiding his flustered expression with an angry facade.

they already made an agreement not to pursue this further, but then again, kyle assumes this was another one time thing.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
winterfell
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2019 4:52:45 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

smiling broadly, a chuckle was heard from his childish grin. strange, it was as if this sort of thing was apart of their routine now, was such a thing normal? either way, mateo didn't mind it. it was a memorable moment, after all. "now that's a definitely a memory for us to keep!" his cheeks held a slight pinkish tint. he was embarrassed, but he tried to hide that bashfulness.

besides, if anyone asked he had an excuse this time: the mistletoe. "kissin' works up an appetite though. the fuck do we order?" banging his hand on the table, he'd shout, "oi, waiter!" he'd continue to bang atop of the table, "waiter!" turning to kyle, he'd ask, "why the hell don't we have a bell?" and thus their night was only just beginning.

in a great, but also bad, way...

notes: hi. we finished gamer.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,419 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
winterfell
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2019 20:01:31 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kissing... what?

he lets the thought linger before openly complaining. "that's a weird thing to say. please don't say that again." he looks serious for a moment, before breaking into a satisfied smile.

this wasn't the arrangement he wanted, nor expected, but this was what he got. conflicting thoughts plague his head. he wants to forget this as well, but at the same time, 'keep the memory'. he settles with never talking about it again, not unlike the last incident.

as mateo yells for attention, kyle busies himself with the menu.

"yeah, you go do that while i take another look at this."

maybe he should brave it enough to order something out of his comfort zone this time.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,652 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
winterfell
POSTED ON Dec 12, 2019 2:49:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 50 poké and 5 infamy![break]bonus reward: 50 pokédollars.