august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
santa bird
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2019 2:57:46 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

"and that takes care of..." the sound of a loud thud was heard, "...that!" hands were dusted off. mateo stood over a trio of poachers. together with sceptile, dragonite, and another party that was passing by. with unity the two groups would come to be thanked by a delibird.

"the hell's a delibird doing out here?" the delibird, with charades, explained that he was on his way to the pokemon center to deliver some goodies. "ooh, nice!" pounding his chest, while dragonite and sceptile mimicked, mateo would say, "leave it to us to get you where you got to go! those poachers wouldn't dare to follow us!" he'd one of the men by his foot. "see, we got you little buddy!" he'd crouch to fist bump the bird.

turning toward the other group, he'd say, "yo! you lot wanna come with?" a jovial grin was thrown their way. "i hope you don't mind a bit of noise on the way." they could get a bit rowdy when they were together.

notes: let's get this delibird somewhere safe!

[attr="class","merktagI"]@open

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #DEA02C; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 7px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
santa bird
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2019 3:29:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","posticon"]

[attr="class","posttag"]

[attr="class","postwords"]

He hangs toward the back of the group, self conscious and not completely willing to even involve himself in the first place. There's better people to assist in the valiant act of saving the little Delibird, much better equipped than he. Besides, what is he even doing here? It's not like he even knows these people... He just happened to be in the right (possibly wrong) place at the right time.[break][break]

An invitation is thrown to the whole lot of them, the idea slightly intimidating if he really thinks about it. This man is strong, clearly, and him, tagging along? It'd be like a tiny mouse scurrying after a lion. Despite this, he merely nods, shuffling toward the front of the masses to meekly smile at the man.[break][break]

"Yeah," he murmurs, soft and quiet, almost shrinking into himself. What exactly is he signing up for? The mention of noise almost deters him but he stays firm in the notion of joining, instead looking down at the somewhat disgruntled Delibird. "Little guy needs some protection, right?" He'd do his best, even if it might not be half as much as the rest. Some effort is better than none, perhaps?

[attr="class","postpokes"]

[newclass=.post] width: 300px; background: #272727; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-size: 10.5px; font-family: tahoma; letter-spacing: .3px; text-align: justify; padding: 20px; border-radius: 3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.posticon] margin: 0 auto; position: relative; margin-bottom: 20px; border: 10px solid #303030; background: #303030; border-radius: 100%; height: 100px; width: 100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.posticon img] border-radius: 100%; border: 5px solid #202020; margin-left: -5px; margin-top: -5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postwords] padding: 25px; background: #303030; border-radius: 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.posttag] text-align: right; background: #373737; padding: 10px; border-radius: 3px 3px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttag a] text-decoration: none; color: #c25757; text-transform: uppercase; font-family: tahoma; font-weight: bold; font-size: 9px; letter-spacing: .6px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postpokes] color: #373737; border-radius: 0px 0px 3px 3px; padding-top: 10px; text-align: center; background: #373737; padding-bottom: 10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
santa bird
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2019 3:46:50 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

the guy seemed strange. was he frightened by mateo's abruptness? "ngk!?" quickly mateo faced forward. oh man this wasn't good, he became self-conscious! it's not that he cared about wanting to make people like him, but he didn't exactly enjoy scaring them. "a-alright everyone, let's go!" a fist risen. sceptile and dragonite, along with delibird leading the way, took off.

sceptile and dragonite casually chatted amongst themselves while delibird led the way. mateo, behind the trio, was seen to be a bit more closer to the newcomers group. he'd look over his shoulder, asking, "oi, you okay back there?" mateo spoke toward the male. "you were so quiet back there i almost threw a punch at you for a second, i thought you were with those poachers." he'd laugh musingly, though being "almost hit" was nothing to really laugh about.

"talk about embarrassing, idjit!" he'd turn fully around, beginning to walk backwards, "what brings you on this road to fortree? on your way to sight-see?" mateo inquired curiously.

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #DEA02C; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:left; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 7px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
santa bird
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2019 4:07:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","posttag"]

And they're off, the Delibird leading the troops toward whatever destination it has in mind. They follow like sheep, majority of the group chatting among themselves. He keeps quiet, contemplating if he should call out one of his own Pokemon. There's a few in their ranks, but would it be odd to just randomly summon one of his dragons out? Maybe Gible would be best? Ugh, maybe not. Little guy has a habit of biting everything...[break][break]

He doesn't notice the man speaking to him at first, passing it off as him trying to chat with one of the other group members. It takes a few seconds before he startles, understanding crossing his features. "Oh, yeah," he mumbles. It isn't every day that someone of this guy's bravado willingly seeks a conversation with him. He's kind of a loner? Well, a self appointed one. Being shy and nervous isn't exactly alluring to most. "Sorry, I didn't mean to come across like one of them," the way he says them, he almost sounds disgusted. Poaching is certainly frowned upon but something about it just really rubs him the wrong way. Maybe it's the strong preying on the weak that is unsettling. "Your punches probably hurt," he attempts to joke, the laughter that follows sounding awkward.[break][break]

The man faces him as he talks, curiosity seeping through his words. Funny, he hadn't really thought anyone would ask him that before. His actions aren't cause for curiosity, at least not to him. Maybe he's just being polite? Ronan humors him, looking a little sheepish as he responds. "I got a little lost," he sighs. "I wanted to find a new Pokemon or two and apparently I can't tell where anything is." Honestly, his sense of direction might be worse than his ability to not cry. "Do you save Delibird in your spare time?" His tone is serious, the question genuine but with the tone and his stoic face, he just sounds odd.[break][break]

Make a fool out of yourself in front of someone who wanted to punch you? Check!

[newclass=.post] width: 300px; background: #272727; margin: 0 auto; color: #aaa; font-size: 10.5px; font-family: tahoma; letter-spacing: .3px; text-align: justify; padding: 20px; border-radius: 3px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.posticon] margin: 0 auto; position: relative; margin-bottom: 20px; border: 10px solid #303030; background: #303030; border-radius: 100%; height: 100px; width: 100px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.posticon img] border-radius: 100%; border: 5px solid #202020; margin-left: -5px; margin-top: -5px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postwords] padding: 25px; background: #303030; border-radius: 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.posttag] text-align: right; background: #373737; padding: 10px; border-radius: 3px 3px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.posttag a] text-decoration: none; color: #c25757; text-transform: uppercase; font-family: tahoma; font-weight: bold; font-size: 9px; letter-spacing: .6px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.postpokes] color: #373737; border-radius: 0px 0px 3px 3px; padding-top: 10px; text-align: center; background: #373737; padding-bottom: 10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
santa bird
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2019 4:21:47 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

this guy was serious!

for starters, why doesn't he have a map?! isn't that something every trainer is given in this region. heck, it's what some of theirs back home are given. they didn't meet on accident, the guy just has a bad sense of direction! mateo wasn't even sure how to respond to that. "u-uh, is that so..." talk about awkward. it was then that he was asked a question by the stranger.

"me? you know somethin'..." he'd think about it briefly. arms crossed with a look of curiosity worn. "you would think that was the case, but, for some unknown reason, delibird's become significantly endangered every december." he'd remember a rumor he'd heard back at headquarters. "back at league h.q. rumor has it that someone accidentally ripped off a delibird's tail because they thought it was a normal bag." he'd begin to snicker, "come to find out the frickin' idjit didn't understand that their tails are actual bags! they never knew they were apart of them!" he'd burst into a crying laughter.

"come on, even someone who's a dragon expert, like myself, would know that!!" mateo couldn't hold his laughter in. he never heard who the league official in question was, but he assumed it was . why'd he think that, though? no specific reason. he just thought it was funnier to assume it was him.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,705 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
santa bird
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2019 4:25:17 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#509eb5[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-gift"]

SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]

FROM ITS SACK, the delibird pulls out an ornately wrapped gift box. should you open it, you will find the following items:[break][break]

[break]

& (feel free to treat this as ooc)

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
santa bird
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2019 4:57:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","posttag"]

He simply stares at the man, confusion writing itself onto his face. Is he... Is he being serious? The Delibird's bag is simply its tail? Huh, the more you know apparently.[break][break]

The man continues on in his story, laughter puncturing his words until he dissolves into full hysterics, Ronan staying silent for the finish of the story. "Huh," he offers meekly. Does he tell him he had no idea it was the tail and not just a simple bag? Honesty is the best policy, right? Oh, but this guy is currently losing it just by talking about someone being stupid enough to rip the tail of a Delibird... He'd definitely laugh right to his face. Better to say nothing.[break][break]

"Dragon master?" He chooses to pick the part that is least likely to get him made fun of, focusing on the dragon bit instead. "You're also a dragon trainer? Or, er, master," He knows that other people enjoy dragons, the typing being one of the more difficult types to train but dragon master? Jealousy pricks at his mind and he tries to ignore it, moving to finally summon one of his Pokemon with a small smile. His Gible comes with a growl, teeth gnashing together at the action of being scooped up into previously idle arms. "Is it hard?" He questions curiously, before the notion that the man probably has no idea what he's referring to and so he speaks again. "Mastering dragon training or something, I mean..." It was hard for him, at least. A crybaby like him, taming a dragon? He got laughed out of Blackthorn by just showing his lack of tenacity, let alone trying to show his abilities. Maybe he could actually learn something from stumbling upon this man...[break][break]

Or, on the other hand, he could get mocked? At least he didn't mention the lack of knowledge about Delibird... That's a small win, maybe?

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
santa bird
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2019 5:32:37 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

"a gible?!" eyes shone with excitement. could this kid have been a potential dragon trainer?! no, that would be dumb to assume just from seeing a gible. plus, he didn't have the aura about him. although, bryony was no different compared to this kid. he couldn't push the thought to the side. for now he'd probe--oh. no probing needed.

"eh? is it hard?" a hand was brought to his mouth. "i wouldn't say it's hard..." it was pretty hard to explain if you weren't from blackthorn. mateo wasn't exactly sure how to explain it. "well, it's a bit tough to explain. it's like..." he'd turn his back on the male for a moment. looking over his shoulder, he'd say, "it's not easy, but it isn't hard either! anyone can become a dragon master, you just have to prove yourself as a dragon trainer first." mateo stared at the backs of sceptile and dragonite, "dragonite was my first dragon-type! been with this guy my whole life, if it wasn't for him i wouldn't have earned my title!"

once again he'd begin to walk backwards, "it's not like you need to go out and catch a bunch of dragon-types to become one. everyone's journey and trial are different. you just need one that'll serve as your lifelong partner in life until death, in my opinion anyways..." a glance was shot toward the gible, "is that gible your very first dragon-type?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
santa bird
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2019 20:27:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","posttag"]

The Gible in his arms continues to gnaw, settling for chewing on a stray piece of long hair, as Ronan grows a bit flustered. The man's excitement upon seeing his Gible is to be expected, he supposes. He is a dragon master, after all, but... The mousy boy isn't used to the reaction. He merely nods, keeping quiet as the man begins to explain.[break][break]

The explanation sounds simple enough, at least as straightforward as he could understand. He glances at the Dragonite at the front of the group as the man continues. A strong Pokemon, raised by a strong trainer, bonded together through years of friendship and companionship. Could his Gible become that strong too? He glances down at the little dragon, earning a growl from the beast. Eh... It'll take a lot of work and probably dozens of bandages but they'll get there! "Your Dragonite is really impressive," he offers a small smile, quiet against the chatter around them. "Was it difficult to train him at first?" He sighs, then, with another glance down at Gible. "This little guy just won't listen to anything and all he does is bite me," Ronan tries to not show embarrassment but it filters through his words, the feeling of failure quick to flood his system.[break][break]

"Oh, so you should focus on the journey with one dragon-type before capturing more?" It sounds like good advice, something he almost wishes he had known before. Sure, his other two dragons aren't as... vicious as Gible. Well, Salamence is, but that's... Okay, that's basically the same thing. Ugh, he's definitely a failure. "No, Gible's the newest member to my team. I have a Salamence and Dragonair as well but..." He trails off, uncertain of if he should make it known that he can't really tame any of them effectively. "They're all a bit unruly? Or, well, their personalities are difficult to tame." That sounds kinda accurate, right? "Dragonair is more indifferent, but between Salamence and this little guy, I can't seem to get them to not bite everything," his tone falls flat as his face drops into something akin to sadness. "Does that mean I'm a bad trainer?" The question comes out soft, almost inaudible against the chatter, a thought that's been weighing on him for far too long.[break][break]

Everyone had said a crybaby couldn't tame a dragon. Maybe they're right? Ugh.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
santa bird
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2019 16:56:30 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

"a dragonair and salamance?!" mateo, grabbing his chest, tried to contain himself. he couldn't let his passion for dragons show. controlling himself, he'd finally answer the male's recent question, was he a bad trainer?

as they were walking, and nearing their destination, dragonite would come to take notice of a nearby snowman. without hesitation, he'd destroy it by jumping atop of it. "dragonite..." mateo, staring at the childlike dragon, hesitated on answering the male's reply. a hand was placed underneath his chin as he thought long and hard, trying to remember what dragonite was like as a dratini.

"i didn't raise him in his current form. back then he was just a dratini, and, for some unknown reason, he was the wildest of dratini's. normally dratini's have an air about them; they're usually calm, elegant, and graceful..." dragonite began to blush upon overhearing mateo's words, "he lacked all three!!" and suddenly the dragon became infuriated.

"but that's why he was perfect for me. he was practically just like me in the form of a pokemon." looking toward his gible, mateo would smile, "your gible's like any other normal gible. he's a child, but as he grows he's going to start taking after you soon." looking at ronan, he'd examine the male, "to answer your question..." mateo would finally prepare his answer.

"you've got a certain air about you. i can't explain it, but you've got a really scary scent." it was just a hunch, of course--a theory at best even. mateo then added, "i think your gible's gonna become a super strong garchomp if you train him well. stronger than even your current pokemon; heck, if you tame those two you'll definitely have a scary team, especially if you pull out that hidden potential you got inside." he had the scent of a dragon tamer alright. mateo was actually excited to see his growth. "i can't wait to see what sort of trainer you'll become!" he was actually excited to challenge the male.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
santa bird
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2019 22:48:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","post"]

[attr="class","posttag"]

His head bobs as he hums out an agreement. To him, it doesn't feel like an accomplishment to have both dragons in his company. He just feels... inadequate, unable to raise them to their full potential. Perhaps if they were to be trained under this man, they would turn out better... Self-consciousness picks away at him as it always does, swirling beneath the surface and clawing at his mind with sharp nails.[break][break]

His eyes follow the Dragonite as the man speaks. He seems playful, energy bursting from the seams. A fond smile even rises to the young man's features as the large dragon shoves himself on top of an unsuspecting snowman. It's a cute sight, truthfully. To see a big, ferocious dragon like Dragonite acting like a small child is something Ronan thought he'd never see. Pokemon come in all personalities, however, and he supposes he shouldn't be as surprised as he feels. It's not the most unusual thing, right?[break][break]

His eyes drift toward his Gible while Mateo continues to explain his Dragonite's origins. The wildest of Dratini's, huh? Maybe his Gible will turn out alright, then? If this Dragonite is any indication, the personality can definitely change. Maybe? Oh, he hopes so... He'd have no idea what to do if his little Gible continued to be just as vicious when he finally grows up to become a Garchomp. "How did you end up raising him?" He murmurs. Next, he blinks and then sighs before continuing to speak, soft and shy. "I mean, he seems like a really nice Pokemon. Strong, too." It's not a secret that this man has something about him, something about his Pokemon even. It's as though they exude strength. It practically rolls off them in waves and well, Ronan has no hope of ever becoming something like that. It isn't even fathomable.[break][break]

"Maybe he'll be shy, then?" He questions before dissolving into small chuckles. The notion that his Gible, snippy and rude little Gible, could become anything like him seems a little far-fetched. It's funny, really. As if sensing his amusement, the small dragon moves to gnaw at one of the hands wrapped around his body. Fortunately, Ronan is used to the action and merely provides a few fingers for Gible's enjoyment. The dragon is content for the time being, more than happy to chomp mindlessly at his flesh. It's fine, everything's fine! "I kind of hope he'll mellow out a bit," Ronan sighs out. "It's not that I'm not happy with the way he is now," he adds after a moment. "It's just difficult to get him to listen to anything I say when he just wants to chew on everything."[break][break]

The man's next sentence causes him to pause, eyes widening slightly. Scary scent? He's nothing more than a mouse, a crybaby who's probably in over his head. There's nothing scary about him. "What do you mean by scary?" He almost wants to laugh, to deny the statement as quickly as possible. Instead, he mumbles, almost inaudible among the chatter around them. "I'm far from scary, sir." In his arms, Gible shifts slightly to get closer to the hand he's nibbling at. The man continues and Ronan feels the heat of a flush rising to his cheeks. He moves one arm away from his Gible, balancing the weight of the small dragon into the other arm while his newly freed hand rises to nervously rub at the back of his neck. Strands of hair shuffle to make room for the appendage and while Gible coos, happy to have one hand all to himself, Ronan sheepishly smiles. "You might be putting too much faith in us," he says. It's a lot to take in, truthfully. To believe that his Gible will become a really strong Garchomp? Well, it's something he's dreamed of since taking the dragon in but he always thought it was just a silly fantasy. "I want to be able to raise them to be strong but I don't think I can do it," his voice is soft, vulnerable. "I feel like I'm just going to fail them..."[break][break]

"You," he pauses. "You really think I have hidden potential?" Now he really might be putting too much faith in them. Ronan feels like a failure, like he's a disgrace to dragon tamers. It's not like he's strong or anything, not even intimidating. How could he raise his dragons to be strong when he isn't? It sounds like a recipe for disaster... "I'll try to be a trainer you'll be proud of," he mumbles, gaze falling to his feet as he speaks. If one person could be proud of him and what he accomplishes, that would be enough for him.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,705 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
santa bird
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2020 21:38:02 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]mission complete!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 75 pokedollars, 5 infamy, 1x type 2 evo., & 2 lucky letters!
[break]