played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Stubborn Old Bird
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2019 15:32:52 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
[attr="class","anniepost"]
Tagging:
“Dude, come on. It’s going to get dark soon. There’s no way you’re getting down there while the sun’s out, and then you’re gonna get yourself eaten!” The Delibird marched past her, as best as it could whilst lugging its own tail down the path. Annie huffed and followed suit. She knew from experience that a Delibird meant well, but the little beast’s eagerness to give a gift was going to get it murdered.

Annie didn’t want to see a good Pokemon go down, even if it was too stubborn for its own good. And so she’d found herself tailing it for the past half hour as it dragged itself down the mountain. In a worst-case scenario, her team could defend the cargo Pokemon, but it was getting darker, colder, and more dangerous by the minute. A second pair of hands to help wouldn’t go unnoticed.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]
wizz

[newclass=".anniepost"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".anniepost i"]font-style:italic;color:#cb4335; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
Be silent or let thy words be worth more than silence.
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
Stubborn Old Bird
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2019 5:39:11 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

It was still cold outside, and it seemed like it was only going to get colder as the sun started to set. Ruby breathed out a heavy sigh, the cold air making it so she could even see her own breath. At this height, it was only going to get worse if she wasn't careful. Making her way down the mountainside with a rather nervous pace, her boots crunching the snow with every step as the girl reinforced her desire to get somewhere warm for the night.

However, it was on her trip down that Ruby noticed something a bit strange. It was that girl she had met before, oh what was her name... Annie? Something like that. She seemed to be chasing a Delibird who was too determined to deliver presents. Almost immediately Ruby glanced up at the sun once again. It was starting to get darker and she couldn't help but feel a bit selfish all of a sudden. She couldn't just run away and try and get some warm place to sleep when gifts were in danger of not being delivered! Besides, it was heading down the mountain anyways.

"H-hey!" Ruby shouted, quickly running down the mountain to join Annie as they kept chasing the Delibird. "I uh, thought maybe you could use some help. If that's okay, of course."

notes: N/A

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #B8D9EC; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Stubborn Old Bird
POSTED ON Dec 30, 2019 15:04:03 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
Tagging:
She heard a voice. Another person. A girl. A familiar girl, even. Memories of a Hatterene in a cave flickered through her head, but that Pokémon was nowhere to be seen… Thankfully. Never one to turn down a greeting, Annie waved an arm as Ruby approached, making a half-hearted attempt to control her shivers. She wasn’t dressed for the weather at the best of times, but atop a mountain, with the sun quickly setting… If she hadn’t felt so kind, she could have been resting in front of the fire. Instead…

She pointed with both hands to the Delibird, pulling the biggest frowny-face she could muster. “I’m fine! It’s this… dummy!” Said dummy barely seemed to pay either of them any mind as it walked ahead of them. “He’s going to get himself hurt if he doesn’t stop somewhere for the night, if he doesn’t freeze to death first… Speaking of which.” She retrieved a ball from her bag, sending out the only fire-type to her name. The little Vulpix knew the drill; when Annie bent her knees, the fox leapt into her arms and snuggled up, acting as a living heater.

“It’s a long way down, if he even stops there. Are you sure that you’re up for it?”
wizz

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
Stubborn Old Bird
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2020 16:14:55 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

"Well, I have to head down the mountain myself anyways." Ruby chuckled softly to herself as she wrapped her jacket a bit tighter around herself as she watched the rather adorable Vulpix act like a personal heater. It was certainly chilly, and while she was used to the cold from back home, feeling cold in Hoenn was still a very different experience. How were the natives who weren't used to cold at all handling this? She dreaded to know.

Tucking her arms close to her side, Ruby quickly made her way down towards Annie's side as she watched the grumpy Delibird continue walking, not even bothering to take a look at her. "Besides. It's a Delibird traveling, no doubt there's gonna be lots of kids or who knows what else who wouldn't get anything from him! We can't just, you know, ignore that, right?" Picking up her pace, Ruby refused to slow either of them down.

"How long have you been at this, Annie?" She spoke curiously, tilting her head back at the younger girl. "I mean, I can only imagine a Delibird all by themselves this late might attract some bad attention. Best we can do to keep him safe, yeah?" A soft, yet confident smile spread across her face as she continued walking.

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #B8D9EC; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Stubborn Old Bird
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2020 15:03:11 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
Tagging:
Annie didn’t respond – not right away. To learn why, Ruby only had to follow her gaze. The trainer had her eyes on the evening sun, and more importantly, the bird Pokemon flying around it, slowly flying closer to their level. She recognised the hat-heads as Murkrow, and from there it wasn’t hard to piece together the problem. If Annie had had enough encounters with the little devils to know that they had a fondness for anything that sparkled and shined, they must have known that the Delibird carried a few treasures around. Treasures ripe for the taking.

“They’re outside of their turf.”
The girl’s voice was quieter than usual. Less energetic, more thoughtful. In the absence of a Pokedex, Annie had committed a fair bit of information on Hoenn’s species through trial and error. Mostly error. “They must’ve been following this guy for a while, waiting for an opening. Or maybe the rest of the pack.” Another ‘fun fact’ she’d learned from experience – the Darkness Pokemon rarely travelled, let alone struck, without strength in numbers… Even if the Delibird seemed to be easy pickings.

She looked down to her fellow trainer, eyes suddenly as vibrant and cheerful as ever. A hand hovered down to her pocket, ready to send out her defence when the assault inevitably began. “Huh? Oh, about half an hour now? Maybe an hour. I don’t really have a watch. Feels like two years though. This guy might not stop for anybody, but he’s slow as hell! …But that’s no good reason to get eaten or beaten.”
wizz

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
Stubborn Old Bird
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2020 4:39:31 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Ruby was admittedly quite confused about why Annie didn't respond right away. Tilting her head, she slowly turned to look at whatever the girl was so focused on. Were those... Hats? On Birds? Why was her life surrounded by Pokemon that wore hats? She couldn't help but chuckle softly at the thought, turning her head back to look at Annie as she spoke about them. She honestly didn't know much about them, but Annie seemed to have enough information for the two of them. They were following him?

Ruby tucked her arms a bit closer to her chest as she walked, the cold mountain air starting to get to her a bit. "Goodness, that's quite a bit of a walk!" She hummed softly in thought, blowing hot air at her hands as she rubbed them together in an attempt to stay warm. "Well, I don't know much about Delibirds, honestly! Even though I have one myself. But I know for a fact they can fly! Or... Maybe we can convince him to let us teleport him? I mean, my Gardevoir could..." Ruby trailed off as the Delibird just seemed to huff and keep on walking, trotting down the mountain.

"Or... Maybe we just keep him company." She sighed softly, glancing up at the birds off in the distance for a few seconds as she hopped down a small rock on her way down the mountain. "You think, maybe, they'd try and attack once they do get the rest of their flock, like you said? Or when it gets darker out? I can't imagine anything good coming out of them, that's for sure." Just to be on the safe side, Ruby suddenly sent out Squishy, her Malamar. Tall and intimidating, their presence should hopefully be a bit helpful. Of course, she knew they were a big softie inside, but the wild Pokemon didn't know that.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Stubborn Old Bird
POSTED ON Jan 26, 2020 20:53:03 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
Tagging:
“Oh, that’s nothing! Most of my day is usually walking, eating, or running away from something trying to take my head off. My legs are super-toned because of it. That’s how I met those guys, actually.” A slight tilt of her head towards the sky hinted at what her words would confirm. “Well, not those exact same guys, I hope. I’ve had a few run-ins with Murkrow, but always in the woods or just outside them. I think they like valuable things – or just things that look shiny. Maybe they saw what the Delibird has, or one of them knows about their presents and called his friends.”

A slow nod confirmed the girl’s fears as they continued their walk. “A bit of both, but probably the first one. I’ve never dealt with less than three at once. Then again, there isn’t much time to stop and count when they’re trying to rob me blind.” Which was extra annoying, since the encounters always came shortly after she’d pilfered somebody else’s pockets.

Her narrowed eyes showed that she was prepared for a fight, but then Ruby tried something else. She’d only met the girl a few times, but the Pokemon that she’d seen with her had seemed pretty girly, just like the trainer. The Malamar was not that… And it lit up Annie’s eyes. “Oh, I think you’re onto something, Ruby!” She had an ace up her sleeve; a trick that she couldn’t pull in the tight forests.

She retrieved a Pokemon of her own, and sent out her Exeggutor. An Alolan Exeggutor, tall enough to force one of the birds to swerve out of her way. “Hey, Coco! We’re gonna go for a walk, okay?” The three top heads wore goofy grins and nodded; the bottom one gave a disappointed mumble. Three-fourths of Coco busied herself greeting the hat birds as they flew further up. Their squawks could be heard by the girls at ground level. It took half a minute of bird bickering before the Murkrow began to move, flying to the east until they were far out of reach.

“There we go! Another piece of info for the AnnieDex: Murkrow don’t like being intimidated! Or maybe they just don’t like fighting against even odds. I might need to do some more research on that one.”

wizz

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
Stubborn Old Bird
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2020 0:08:55 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Ruby had to admit, she was a bit impressed that Annie walked everywhere. While there was certainly something to be said for exercise, Ruby wasn't against just taking the bus if she was tired. And yet, there seemed to be a bit something strange with what she said. Her entire day mostly consisted of eating, walking, or running away from something? No downtime at all? She forced the frown wanting to form on her face away, now wasn't quite the time for that.

However, even she had to smile when Annie praised her decision to bring out Squishy. Intimidation wasn't a game she played well, but it seemed like it was a viable option here! As the Exeggutor came out of their Pokeball, Ruby stopped and stared for a few seconds. That... was big. What did Annie feed him to get him so tall? Some intense fertilizer, it was all she could assume. As Annie talked about something called the 'AnnieDex' she only giggled softly in response, hoping down to try and walk side by side with the girl.

"You know..." Ruby started, looking over at their two Pokemon standing tall. Squishy's lights still occasionally flashing, with that signature aggressive look on their face. "I don't think we're gonna have any more problems. With these two beautiful boys, I think the only obstacle we face now is the distance! But we'll get there eventually, no doubt about it."

She paused in speech, noticing that the Delibird had seemed to actually look back at his new bodyguards, only to huff in what Ruby could only imagine being approval. Or was he simply still apathetic? Oh, if only she was psychic herself, then she could tell what he was thinking. "So er, any idea where he's going? Asides from down the mountain?"

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Stubborn Old Bird
POSTED ON Feb 19, 2020 8:45:10 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
Tagging:
The living tree came swinging down, stopping half a metre short of slamming her faces into the ground. The trio glared at the trainers, while the lowermost head muttered to them. “Oh. Er, Coco’s a girl, and she’ll thank you to remember that! That’s roughly what she’s trying to say. And by that, I mean, that’s what I’ve narrowed it down to after a few months.” Correct or not, Annie’s words were enough to make the tree stand upright again. The jolly faces showed themselves within seconds.

“Anyway, no clue! But I figure if he goes any further than Lavaridge, I might have to leave him. I’ve got to get my guys and me some dinner and a place to camp, and I bet you do too.” She spared Squishy another glance, as if she could gauge his hunger from sight alone. She couldn’t, but it was worth a try. “…Maybe I’ll get him a snack for the road or something, but for all we know, he could be headed for Lilycove.” Technically, a few berries were a snack, and probably the most she could spare after she'd bought seven meals for dinner, and a bit more for breakfast. Still, even if money was tight, what kind of person would she be if she let the bird starve?

wizz

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
Stubborn Old Bird
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2020 4:41:24 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Ahh, a lady. Ruby politely courtsied in response, smiling up at the tree-like Pokemon. It certainly wasn't her intent to upset them, but when some Pokemon didn't have any gender differences at all it was hard to tell the difference sometimes, let alone interpret what they said. Either way, Ruby wasn't too flustered over it.

She hummed in thought, debating over their options. If he was heading a huge distance, surely he would sleep at some point, despite being so stubborn. Either way, Ruby nodded in return as she glanced over at Annie."I think some dinner might not be a bad idea, now that you bring it up! I need to set up somewhere for the night too, actually. I'm sure Lavaridge has some nice places to dine!"

She suddenly paused a little bit, an idea suddenly popping into her head. "Maybe after we get him a snack and send him on his way safely, I could invite you to dinner with me if you wanted! I can't remember the last time I really hung out with someone my age, if I'm honest! Most evenings tend to be me, Darling and Whisper. And they aren't the best at conversation." Ruby giggled as she spoke, grinning ear to ear.

Ruby certainly seemed excited by the idea, hyping herself up for it even without a direct answer from Annie. Visibly joyful, Ruby had a literal skip in her step as they descended down the mountain. Tonight was going to be fun, or at least so she hoped.

close tab

played by

Kyoukon

Annie!
She/Her
Employee at the Stray
Cadet
189 height
189 height
awards
639 posts
Annie Mei DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyoukon
Annie Mei
Stubborn Old Bird
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2020 21:30:07 GMT
Annie Mei Avatar
Tagging:

The thought of food rarely failed to grow her grin, especially when it was only a short walk away. The only thing that could improve the idea was it being free of charge! It was fortunate that she’d found a generous benefactor in Ruby. The girl’s eyes lit up, revealing a glint in her gaze drawn out by the sweetest of rewards.

“Sounds great! I love free stuff, and food!”
The human company would be great too. It’d take a special person to make her admit it, but the life of a vagrant didn’t lend itself well to having human friends, especially ones she could plan to meet.

“Come on, little dude! You’re officially standing between me and dinner, so you’ve got to skedaddle!” She shuffle-stepped behind the Delibird, shooing him further down the path. Not that he cared, of course. He didn’t even look back and acknowledge her. At least Coco offered moral support, chattering away with a (relatively) quiet “Gu-gu-gu-gu-gu….”
wizz