A man of power [Social]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
A man of power [Social]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2020 6:22:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[player]http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/ccwidqn72n/Bleach_-_Number_One_Chokkaku_Mash_up[/player]

Alec had walked around Slateport City and there were people noticing him left and right. Honestly, even though Alec liked the thought of being the Pokemon League Champion, Alec was not quite yet ready for the sudden popularity for fending off that Bank Robber a few weeks ago. He couldn't really find the words to say anything. 

Most of the people who'd run up to him and start talking to him were mostly girls. There would be a few guys here and there would do the same thing, however there was definitely more girls who would run up to him then there was guys. People had even asked for his autograph which was kind of mind boggling for teenage boy. 

He knew that what he did was awesome and amazing, but ... Did he truly deserve the recognition? The robber had managed to escape, which kind of made Alec mad, but the Robber's Pokemon had made it difficult to catch him. What's worse was the Police had arrived shortly after the Robber had escaped. On the bright side though, no one was hurt.

Alec, being lost in his thoughts had accidentally bumped into someone. "I-I'm sorry! I should've been paying attention to where I was going!" Alec had said with a nervous chuckle. Alec didn't know, but he would soon find out that the man he had bumped into was a man of power as well as influence.

-Figured this would be a good starter ^^ -

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
A man of power [Social]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2020 7:53:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] The feeling of someone else bumping into him becomes an increasingly familiar sensation that grows more common with how crowded the streets of Slateport become. It's a good sign when considering the populace of a city that was once deemed abandoned but Fernando never gets used to the unconsensual touch. In his old home, Saffron, Fernando would've been quick to check himself to ensure he hadn't been pick-pocketed. But those days are long behind him, fragments of his childhood best left in the past.

Hoenn is fraught with dangers but nothing so grim and dark that requires its people to remain vigilant with every minor encounter. That's a self imposed burden he places on himself, paranoid to an extent that borders obsessive. But there is a method to his madness and war time rewards those that are meticulous.

"Uh." Fernando peers down at his would be encounter and nods his head dismissively. "It's okay but you should keep an eye out for where you're walking." A simple answer that plays toward his public image more than anything he would've given to someone more brash like .

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
A man of power [Social]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2020 8:25:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[player]http://k007.kiwi6.com/hotlink/ccwidqn72n/Bleach_-_Number_One_Chokkaku_Mash_up[/player]

Alec scratched his head with a nervous chuckle and had said, "Yeah, It's just that bank robber I battled kinda just got to me ... The way he had treated his Pokemon ... It was disrespectful to all Pokemon Trainers! Something like that ... It just makes me angry!" Alec said, pouring out a confession as to why he wasn't paying attention all that much. The words had left his lips impulsively.

Having realized that the man probably had no idea what he was probably talking about, Alec flailed his arms a little and said, "I-I don't know that came out! Jeez ... Maybe I should worrying about that for now and just focus on getting my Gym badges," Alec had said with a sigh. Just as he was about to speak to the man he had accidentally bumped into one more time, a group of people had once again noticed Alec.

"Hey, aren't you that Trainer who had fought that Bank Robber on the news!? Yeah, it is you! I just wanted to say what you did was amazing! You were able to save those people with your Pokemon! If you also see that other guy that helped you, tell em I said the same for him!" A young woman said smiling gleefully at Alec. There was also two kids standing next to the lady.

"Mister trainer! Your Pokemon were awesome! Can I get your autograph!?" The older kid had asked. Alec chuckled and said, "Y-yeah! Of course!" Alec said hesitantly for a split second. He took the poke ball the kid had and just scribbled his name with the marker the kid had as well. Alec was a little nervous, if anyone with a brain could see it. After all, it was plastered on his face with the expression he was giving slightly.

After that, the small family had walked away and Alec waved them goodbye. Alec had then breathed with relief and then said, "I need to get used to the 'publicity' thing. Especially if I wanna be the Champion," Alec sighed, slightly disappointed at himself. For someone who was extremely energetic as well as rambunctious, he sure did not know how to handle such a thing. Then again, he couldn't be rude to them. After all, they were just praising him for what he had done. Alec had even lost his focus on the man he had bumped into.

--

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
A man of power [Social]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2020 9:44:00 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando has no idea what Alec was talking about and simply watches with an increasingly confused expression. It isn't until outsiders join in does Fernando start to piece together the situation and even then he's only half interested, vaguely remembering a news piece about such an occasion a few days ago. While impressive on paper, he also recalled the damaged caused in the ensuring skirmish and the overall cost in return for what they had protected.

"You'll have more important issues to deal with than publicity if you're aiming for the Champion seat. You should worry less about the little things and focus on what's truly important. You'll never finish the Gym challenge if an encounter like that can have an effect on you for days."

Wisdom comes in many forms and Alec comes across a rare opportunity in Fernando having to maintain his public image. Out in the open, he'll entertain the other's conversation, if only because that's what's expected from one of the most infamous figures in Hoenn. He cares little for the trainer's squabbles but if he shows promise, there's no harm in steering him in the right direction.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
A man of power [Social]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2020 10:19:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec blinked, facing the man that he had bumped into after hearing his wise choice of words. Alec had grinned from ear to ear and said, "You're right about that! I can't worry about something silly as that when I'm facing a Gym Leader, huh?" Alec said, keeping the grin on his face; his attitude taking a a complete three hundred and sixty degree turn out of no where.

"Speaking of which, I need to stop by the Slateport Gym and make an appointment to schedule my gym challenge! I also gotta decide on which of my friends I should choose for the challenge," Alec said. "Say, do you know where the Gym is in Slateport? See, I'm from Johto, so I hardly know where anything is." Alec had said grinning once more.

"Also, I'm Alec Foster by the way! Nice to meet ya!" Alec said. It was then that one of his Poke balls had opened up by accident from Alec accidentally pressing the button on the ball. His Salamence, Rex stood there calmly looking at Alec and then at the man. "Oops. Well at any rate, this is here is Rex! He's been with me from the start of my Journey as a trainer!" Alec said, petting the Blue Dragon that stood by him. Rex continued to stand there, looking at Alec.

Alec had heard that Salamence were typically hard to train, however as one could see, Rex was very well trained, despite Alec's childish nature. I guess it was because he had experience of Dragon type Pokemon back home in Blackthorne City. "You're ready for that gym Challenge aren't ya buddy?" Alec said to Rex. Rex lightly nodded with a small huff. There was also a slight sense of determination in not just Alec's eyes, but Rex as well.

--

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
A man of power [Social]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2020 11:05:17 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "You'll see soon enough, trainer." Fernando adopts Alec's smile as his own and finds encouragement in such an upbeat attitude. It's refreshing and reminds him of another starter trainer he came across back in Oldale. The mention of Slateport's Gym only causes Fernando to titter and points toward the far end of the city.

"It's a few blocks down near the Upper District. If you get lost you can stop by a Pokemon Center that's around that area and ask for further directions. It's not too tall but the building is very vast so you shouldn't miss it."

"Nice to meet you Mr. Foster. I'm Fernando Silph—" Fernando is cut off mid-introduction by the sudden appearance of Alec's Salamence. Fernando grins even brighter at the familiar sight and admires how much the dragon looks like his own. "Ah, Salamence, a staple dragon Pokemon for anyone in Hoenn."

Watching their exchange, Fernando returns his gaze back to Alec as his smile falls into a flat expression. "Well, if you're challenging the Slateport Gym then I wish you luck. If you don't want to go in blind, I have a special hint that may help you in your challenge."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
A man of power [Social]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2020 11:35:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Alec's grin had grown wider at Fernando's words and said, "Then I can't wait to check it out myself!" It was obvious that excitement glowed around his being as he spoke. The kid had it all. Determination, excitement, as well as confidence. After all, he didn't come all this way to chicken out of a Challenge, especially for a Gym battle! That was why he was here in Hoenn.

Alec had graciously listened to Fernando who had given him directions to the Gym. Alec's face brightened once more with a smile. What's more was that the man had also said he would be able to give him a hint that would help him with his Gym Challenge. Alec was ecstatic, however in the back of his mind, he slightly questioned how Fernando had known so much already about the Gym.

Alec couldn't think of any explanation other than the fact that the man himself had been living here in Slateport for quite a while, which did explain why. Alec grinned at Fernando's compliment while Rex bowed its head to give his thanks to him as well. "You should see my other Dragon Pokemon someday! Then again, I don't just have Dragon Pokemon. I have some others as well!" Alec grinned.

"Also, I'll take whatever help I can get, so please! Tell me that hint?" Alec asked not wanting to sound eager, however, it was clear he was still brimming with excitement at the fact that he would be given a hint that could help him get his Badge.

-Poor gullible Alec lmao. He doesn't realise that he's in fact directly speaking to the Gym Leader at this very moment. Like I said, he doesn't give himself the moment to think about certain things xD -

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
A man of power [Social]
POSTED ON Feb 10, 2020 11:47:06 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "I'm sure they're quite exquisite." Fernando plays along with the flattery and finds the drawl a bit too easy to slip into. "If they're anything like 's then I'm sure they're in good hands. She's a dragon master from Sootopolis and used to be a council member not too long ago." Fernando adds the extra detail due to Alec's mention of being from Johto. He's not sure how long he's been in the region but if he's unfamiliar with Slateport's anatomy then there's a high chance he's unaware of the region's important figures.

"So here's your hint! You should answer the trainer skill level honestly. If you're a new trainer the match will be based around your own team to show you the holes in your roster. If you can overcome it, victory is sure to be yours. If you're an experienced trainer, the match will try to test you against the raw might of the Gym Leader's team using their advantages over your own team."

Fernando pauses, considering the last hint before revealing that as well.

"The Gym Leader also has a number of preset challenges that are held by an automated machine. They have their own rules and themes and if you can figure out their weakness ahead of time, the battle should be much easier. If you can't then expect a hard match that most challenges end up losing to."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
A man of power [Social]
POSTED ON Feb 11, 2020 3:08:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar

"A Dragon Master, huh? Reminds me of back home! Hopefully I can meet her one day!" Alec said, keeping the grin he had on his face. Alec didn't know anything about a Council either, but it sounded like a cool job for someone to have. Alec didn't really think about his future in terms of career. In all honesty, he just wanted to become a Pokemon Champion. He had not thought of what that truly meant though, aside from being the strongest trainer of the Region.

Alec had then listened once more to Fernando, taking in the information he was given. There was more than just one hint which was actually helpful to the young trainer. 

Alec's grin grew wider and said, "It sounds like the Gym has like a Strategy theme from what I can tell. Sounds like the Gym challenge may be tough, but I won't let that stop me! I'll win for sure! Thanks for your help Fernando! I'mma go and make my appointment for my gym challenge now! Hopefully we will meet again!" Alec said happily, putting his Salamence back in his Poke ball before he ran off in the direction Fernando told the young trainer to go.

-I figured we could make this short and end it here? Hope thats cool with ye uwu. I will also sign up for your gym challenge. Will more than likely go for traditional ^^ -

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
A man of power [Social]
POSTED ON Feb 12, 2020 4:45:01 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "That's actually the Gym's theme," Fernando answers with a forced laugh. "I'm sure you'll do fine. Just try your hardest and even if you lose, that shows you have room for growth!"

The young trainer runs off and Fernando waves him bye. "Good luck—" he had already forgotten his name. Once he's out of sight, Fernando clears his mind and returns back to what he was doing. It flips off like a switch.