spoil the night [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 19:56:05 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","frlastcont"]
[attr="class","frlastconttop"]
[attr="class","frlastcontimg"]

[attr="class","frlastcontlyric"]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

[attr="class","frlastcontmid"]

a waitress sat down a vanilla milkshake, adorned with whip cream and a cherry on top.[break][break]

Bailey Cooper eyed the drink as it was set in front of her, two straws extended from the desert to emphasize the nature of this event—speed dating. Her hair was pulled back from her face, tied back with a bright red bow that seemed uncharacteristic of the elite four member.[break][break]

Her newly painted nails flushed red as she drummed them against the table, betraying her anxiousness. How long had it been since the last time she had tried dating? Too long, she realized, as she scooted the drink towards her spheal.[break][break]

Chubs happily leaned himself against the glass to reach for one of the straws, taking long and indulgent slurps.[break][break]

Bailey had to keep her hand against the glass, just to keep him from tipping it over.

[attr="class","frlastconttag2"]
[attr="class","frlastconttag"]FOR

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700]
[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag2]height:35px;margin:-10px 35px 0px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,478 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
spoil the night [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 23:16:35 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

The footsteps of Dratini-skin boots would be drowned out by the sounds of chatter flooding the dating hall. The one-eyed Gym Leader looked around, a nervous, almost guilty look upon his face. It hadn't even been a year, and he was already trying to move on. Sure, Jasmine might have found someone else, but considering how long it took for him to move on the previous time, he couldn't help but feel like he was doing wrong.

As Thomas finally reached his table, he was surprised to see the face before him. "Ms. Cooper, good to see you again.", he would tell her, being honest. Indeed, seeing her dolled up like this was a surprise, but not one he felt like he should really comment on. He would offer the woman a handshake, before taking a seat across from her. Trailing behind him was an Audino, one with a coat of fur that was longer and fluffier than the norm.

Pulse, the Audino in question, would cry out in a friendly manner to greet the Spheal in the Elite Four member's company, as well as the Spheal's master, waving to her.

tags:
notes: Outfit, shirt is red instead of white

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
tonight the winds of change are blowing wild and free
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
spoil the night [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 0:52:38 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST. OH, AND THE MOONLIGHT BABY SHOWS YOU WHAT'S REAL. THERE AIN'T A LANGUAGE FOR THE THINGS THAT I FEEL, AND IF I CAN'T HAVE YOU, THAN NO ONE EVER WILL. I DON'T FEEL IT TILL IT HURTS. YES, I KNOW THAT LOVE IS LIKE A GHOST.

She caught his eye.[break][break]

Trepidation held her tongue, making her mouth dry as Bailey forced a smile. Just as this was akward for Thomas, it was awkward for her. Ghosts refused to rest, and a year still felt too soon as she rose from her seat to accept his hand. Guilt was not a rational emotion, and she has to command for it to die.[break][break]

She helped save a fucking city—if she wanted to get dressed up and go on a date, she damn well should.[break][break]

“Hey Benoit. I thought the next time we'd see each other, we'd be having a rematch,” because tying the conversation to battling felt familiar, and far more comforting than acknowledging their setting.[break][break]

She took his hand, giving a gentle shake—the moment she extended it, Chubs seemed to teeter against the milkshake and almost make it topple. His insatiable thirst was only paused at the arrival of Thomas' companion, drawing a friendly cry as the spheal greeted the Audino with frantic wavings of his flippers.[break][break]

Bailey almost felt the same as the unsettled glass, watching the contents slosh almost to the rim.[break][break]

It was why she took her seat, just to take the weight off of her feet. “You're looking sharp,” and that was just filler that spilled from her lips as her mind raced to find a topic. They didn't have long to talk. “How's the gym?”[break][break]

Back to something familiar. She smiled to the Audino, tilting her head to the milkshake.

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.frlastcont]padding:0px 0px 35px 0px;border-top:solid 25px #999999;border-bottom:solid 5px #999999;background-color:#242424;width:400px;color:#999999;text-align:justify;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttop]height:50px;padding:35px;overflow:hidden;background-color:#1b1b1b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100px;float:left;margin-right:20px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontimg img]height:50px;width:50px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontlyric]padding:5px 0px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:10px;color:#505050;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid]padding:35px;font:10px quattrocento sans;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid b]color:#eeeeee;border-bottom:solid 1px #191919;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontmid i]font:bold 10px quattrocento sans;color:#dddddd;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag]padding:13px;background-color:#191919;font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;text-transform:uppercase;line-height:9px;float:right;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastconttag a]font:bold 9px quattrocento sans;line-height:9px;color:#999999!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontpoke]height:40px;width:40px;border-radius:100px;background:#191919;padding:1px;display:inline-block;margin-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.frlastcontparty]float:right; display:block;margin-top:-60px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,478 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
spoil the night [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 1:33:36 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas let out a chuckle as she made the remark about the rematch. "One of these days.", he'd tell her.

Despite the shocking nature of their battle nearly a year ago, Thomas didn't really hold it against her. Aggression in challengers was one of those things that one should expect, as a Gym Leader. Though the trainer couldn't get that particular skirmish out of his mind. There was something off about that Krookodile she used. Something that he had been meaning to ask her about, but couldn't find the time to do so. Now was not the time, but he hoped that this conversation would set up an opportunity to do so.

"And you're looking fine, yourself.", Thomas would respond, giving in, and giving her a compliment.

"The Gym's doing fine.", he'd answer her. "The 'trial' hasn't broken anyone psychologically, thankfully.", he'd joke. "How's Ever Grande? You still on the beat, or have your obligations to the Elite Four effectively taken over?", he'd inquire.

Thomas would look down to the Spheal enjoying the milkshake. Thomas would smile at the rotund seal, before looking back up at Bailey. "What an adorable Spheal.", Thomas would comment, in a genuine manner.

tags:
notes: More conversation

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
spoil the night [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 2:13:24 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

“Yeaaaah, no offense, but I wasn't gonna put myself through that,” and the thought of someone prodding the recesses of her mind was enough to coax a shudder. There were creatures that lurked in the mind of Bailey Cooper, and they all held power that was world reckoning. That was what emerged from a woman that had fought with monsters.[break][break]

She covetted her fears and tucked them under the rug, just so she could stand on top of them. It felt better, that way.[break][break]

“I try to stay on the beat—spend most of my week in Slateport before I swing by Evergrande. I'm a cop, first and foremost. I think the most good can be done on the ground, ya'know? Being with the Elite Four seems like a natural extension of that. I don't buy into the bullshit top-down approach,” nor did she fully understand it, but that was none of her concern.[break][break]

Chubs would beam at the praise. “He's my biggest fan,” and he would “waaaa” in agreement. “And I'm his.”

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,478 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
spoil the night [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 2:47:51 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

"None taken. I'm not surprised that there are those who would rather not take it. Though I have to say, I was surprised to see certain individuals take it.", he would tell her. More specifically, he referred to , and how the Councilman and Gym Leader took on the trial. Granted, it wasn't something he was going to go into detail about, at the request of the Councilman.

Thomas listened as she spoke about how she went about her duties. The fact that the woman put her duties as a cop first was something that resonated with the Gym Leader. If anything, hearing her talk about it, however briefly, reminded him of his days in the International Police, and how a part of him longed to be back with them. Regardless of the circumstances that forced him out of the Agency, they were still some of the best days of his life, if one were to ask him.

"Of course, and I completely agree with that.", he'd tell her. Even when he was no longer with the Agency. His time acting on behalf of his family's company saw him not only handle organizing efforts, but actually joining in on the hard labor involved. At the end of the day, regardless of whatever rank he held, he was most comfortable being boots on the ground, rather than sitting in an ivory tower.

Thomas smiled at the Spheal, especially as he heard the little guy cry out. "Is that so?", Thomas asked, in a rhetorical manner. "I bet the two of you have an extremely close bond, no?"

Pulse would get up from where he was sitting, offering the Spheal one of his treats, as a friendly gesture.

tags:
notes: More conversation

close tab

played by

rascal

the volatile
she/her
August 15th
lavaridge
straight
champion
groudon avatar
awards
850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bailey
Bailey Cooper
spoil the night [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 3:54:33 GMT
Bailey Cooper Avatar
[nospaces]

And like that, time was almost up.[break][break]

Bailey was surprised by how fast it had passed, but that was supposed to be the point, right? Get people interested, but not bored. Those thoughts revolved in her mind as Chubs happily accepted the treats from Pulse, gingerly taking the treat with care to not let his tusks nick the normal-type.[break][break]

“Yeah—he was one of the first pokemon I caught. He never wanted to fight, and I never made him,” and he had stuck to her side ever since.[break][break]

She smiled, knowing that times had been both good and bad, but that the spheal helped to make them better. “I'd ask about your Audino, but I think we're already short on time—sorry, I feel like I spent most of the time talking about myself.”[break][break]

Violet eyes raised to Thomas' gaze, void of the violence that so often came to her stare in the midst of battle. Off the battlefield, away from the all-consuming heat that she chased, Bailey Cooper could have pretended to be a normal woman, out on a simple date.[break][break]

But never for long. The pangs were always eager to sink beneath the skin, chewing into flesh like fangs the moment she dropped her guard.[break][break]

“Tell me about your little friend the next time we get the chance to chat, okay?” and it was time to switch.[break][break]

A pause. “And, uh... good luck.”

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,478 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
spoil the night [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 4:15:13 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas glanced over to the clock, taken aback at how fast the date went. Nevertheless, he continued to listen to the woman's story. The fact that she allowed the Spheal to live comfortably, despite its lack of willingness to fight, was something he found admirable. Then again, it was something he commonly did, especially with the pack of Audino he kept around on the Ranch. "Interesting.", Thomas replied.

"No worries.", he'd tell her. He would take notice to the lack of violence in her expression. For sure, it was different to the expression she had all that time ago. But then, this was a more peaceful time.

"Of course.", he'd tell her as he got up out of the seat. "You too, thank you.", he'd tell her as he headed off, waving to the Spheal. Pulse would wave to the two of them, before trailing behind his master to head to the next table.

tags:
notes: Fin