5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
butterfingers [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 20:05:04 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
What had he gotten himself into?!

He was sincerely hoping that Florian would get his 'distress call' because from the looks of things, Alexei had involved himself into something that was way over his head.

Speed dating? In this day and age?!

It's more likely than you think!

There was a banana split brought over to the table, set down smack dab in the center before the wait staff hurried away. A small tray of PokéTreats were given to the two Wooloo by his feet, who were making the weirdest little noises and trying to nip at his boots.

Arceus, what could go wrong this evening?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
butterfingers [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 17, 2020 20:25:42 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Table 16.

Simple enough.

Fernando approaches the table with a cue card in hand, ready to introduce himself according to the regulations put in place for such an event. While not personally looking to pursue anything, his role here is as a prominent figure head to both promote the event and represent the League. He conducts himself appropriately and wears his smile with an eager dimple.

"Oh."

Fernando takes a seat across from Alexei and stares back at the table card before back at Fortree's Gym Leader. Well, this was unexpected. Fernando had clearly signed up under heterosexual yet ended up being paired with another man. Unless...?

"Good evening, Ivanov. I didn't expect a Gym Leader to be the first person I was paired with."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
butterfingers [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 11:34:26 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
Of course, he was so busy minding the Wooloo that were trying to divest him of his boots he almost missed the voice that had caught his attention.

Thankfully, it wasn’t the one he was waiting for. Or at least, not yet anyway.

He then made to get up from his crouched position however he ended up banging his head on the underside of the table, and a series of curses spilled out as he shoved the chair backward before properly extricating himself from underneath the table.

“Sorry. My Wooloo were being nee—“ he began to apologize before his voice died in his throat.

Well, now.

Did actually get through to her ‘boss’? This was a surprise!

Oh, he thought in the back of his head before rubbing the sore spot where he had bumped his head. “Wasn’t expecting you—she actually got through to you? he said quietly, muttering. Oh, he wanted to ask her about one of his multitude of secretaries…

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
butterfingers [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 17:06:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Hmm?"

Fernando hasn't the faintest idea over what Alexei was referencing. His relationship with Isra is one overlooked and Fernando's tendency to pry has slackened over time. As to what was revealed, even that remains a mystery. So the Councilman takes the bait and does the only thing he can.

He asks.

"What do you mean, Ivanov?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
butterfingers [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 17:21:00 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
He was surprised at the reaction. Oh, joy.

Looks like luck is on my side. He doesn't know about it! Or maybe she told him and he wasn't paying attention? he quietly mused, reaching for one of the teaspoons that were left on the table meant for attacking the banana split left there.

"I'm not sure if you know this, but, well, miss told me she works for you. Some kind of... assistant, right? I actually asked her to pass on a message to you in general. Glad to see it's actually working," he explained. He supposed, the other man needed context for what he just said.

"I asked her to casually let you know to get out more and interact with the people more often. It's a damned sight nicer than being cooped up in an office drowning in paperwork. Although... I guess you weren't expecting to end up with me here," he added a few moments later, embarrassed.

To hide his awkwardness, he began to attack the banana split in front of him to cover the silence and think of something else to talk about.

"Color me curious. Why the Gym? Aren't you piled enough with stuff as it is being on the Council?" he inquired afterward.

Just a few questions he hoped would get answers.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
butterfingers [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 18:19:47 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Nightingale."

Fernando openly laughs at the revelation with a twinkle of acknowledgement in his eyes. There is little that he knows between her and the Fortree Gym Leader but that doesn't mean he can't play it off. His own relationship with her is skin deep, well entrenched enough to allow him to weave a feasible tale.

"I appreciate the concern, Ivanov, but I get out plenty enough as it is. I suppose haven't paid Fortree many visits outside of handling the migratory patterns of wild Pokemon but... I've been a busy man." Fernando's smiles show both appreciation and a general commitment toward Alexei's concern. If only that mattered.

"But I always make it out for special events like these." Fernando crosses his leg, one over the other, reminiscent of 's stance and finesse.

"I wanted to help foster the competitive spirit of trainers within Hoenn. What we need in these trying times are trainers that are confident and skilled. Being a Gym Leader is the best position to provide that cultivation." His eyes and Fernando feels his grin broaden. "Hoenn could use another ."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
butterfingers [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 18:32:58 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar
Another?

Didn't he already have a position of power?

"Well don't spread yourself too thin, now," he remarked, reaching for another spoonful of ice cream and downing it. The banana split was right just so. Whipped cream of perfect texture along with just the right sprinkling of chopped nuts. "Aren't the Gym Leaders supposed to teach and guide, though. Sure, competition is healthy, but there are also times one has to consider their bond with their Pokémon allies," he added.

Just as he was about to remark what the other man meant by another , the buzzer went off.

"Well, that's that," he went on, slowly working on the rest of the banana split in front of him. "Maybe we can talk another time."

Deep inside, though, there were alarm bells going off in his head. He would save those reservations for more familiar people, though.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,737 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
butterfingers [sd]
POSTED ON Feb 18, 2020 18:40:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando doesn't answer him because he never has a chance to. While correct, there is more than meets the eyes that settles underneath the underlying issues plaguing the region and its gym circuit. Alexei indulges on his dessert and Fernando allows the buzzer to cut their session short.

"I'll keep that in mind. Have fun, Ivonov. I hope you find what you're looking for."

Time for another.