close tab

played by

Videns

Jet
Him/He
Grunt
26 height
26 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
103 posts
Jet O'Haire DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @videns
Jet O'Haire
Long Grass and More Long Grass [Wild/Open]
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 15:49:47 GMT
Jet O'Haire Avatar
"Shiny huh? Guess ya must be pretty lucky." Jet said, for the first time showing some emotion in his voice since their conversation began. His voice took a somewhat surprised tone as Lucas explained what it was. Now if Jet knew that 5 seconds earlier he himself just caught a shiny he probably wouldn't be giving the white Vikavolt an envious look.

As the topic changed to battling, Jet couldn't help but snicker at what Lucas said. "Pfft, dude badges don't mean anything. Badges are just for vain people, ya can be good at battling without them." Even though his reply sounded harsh the blue haired rocket was really trying to make this stranger feel a bit better in himself. He never understood why people would flaunt badges to show how great at battling they were. In most cases people who won gym badges just made sure to have a good type advantage then just sweep, nothing too fancy about that.

"Oh and I'm not just saying that-" before he could continue, Jet was interrupted by a loud sound of what sounded like a rhythmic cracking wood. Turning his head he noticed a Quiladin using the move belly drum as if to initiate battle with the arcanine. Before it could do much else though Jet through a pokeball at it so he could speak. "What was I saying? Oh yeah I don't have a badge either but what I said is still true. I'm didn't just say it cause I'm salty or anything. But anyway, lead the way to the battle area, you can think about what pokemon to fight with when we get there." he said seeing if the grass type would be captured.

+attempting to catch quilladin!
close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
POSTED ON Feb 29, 2020 21:00:01 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","avienbox"]
[attr="class","avienheader"]
[attr="class","avienparty"]
[attr="class","avienicon"]

[attr="class","avientext"]

"You can definitely be good without them, yes. But I think they're good way to gauge someone's battle prowess. Think about it. Between someone that hasn't earned any badges and someone that's earned eight who do you think would be easier to beat?"[break][break]

Lucas Lane returns his vikavolt and begins to walk back the way he'd entered the forest. "So we're one on one then, right?" As the words come out of his mouth another base ball comes flying through the air. It disappears into a nearby tree's branches. Branches rustle and a bird's cry rang out through the air. Moments later the baseball and a battered fletchling fall out of the tree. [break][break]

"Oh god you poor thing. I'll get you fixed up." Gently he taps a pokeball against the bloodied pokemon.

[attr="class","avienooc"]

Fletchling capture attempt

[break]
[attr="class","avientag"]

[newclass=.avienbox]width: 400px; min-height: 200px; background: #2e2e2e; border: 1px solid #222222;color: #807e7e; line-height: 14px;text-align: left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienheader]width: 400px; height: 50px; background: #CC9964; display: flex; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienparty]padding-left: 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienicon]display: inline; padding-right: 5px;opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienicon:hover]opacity:1; transition: 0.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienActive]opacity:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avientext]padding: 25px 30px; font-family: Roboto; font-size: 12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienooc]border-left: 10px solid #CC9964; font-size: 10px !important; margin: 0 30px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienooc p,.avientag]padding-left: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avientag a]color: #b1b6bc!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2020 1:55:04 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SHROOMISH APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] QUICK FEET
[attr="class","wildtabox"] seed bomb
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] spore
[attr="class","wildtabox"] poison powder
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] growth
[attr="class","wildtabox"] drain punch
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] &

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD LILLIGANT APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEAF GUARD
[attr="class","wildtabox"] SYNTHESIS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] TEETER DANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"] QUIVER DANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ENERGY BALL
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ENCORE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] &

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]
YOUR PREVIOUS CAPTURES WERE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

Videns

Jet
Him/He
Grunt
26 height
26 height
awards
103 posts
Jet O'Haire DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @videns
Jet O'Haire
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2020 13:22:45 GMT
Jet O'Haire Avatar
Lucas definitely had a point to what he was saying. But there was no way in hell Jet was going to admit that! He had his pride to think about! And yes, he very much cared about his pride when it came to a random stranger in a random part of the region with no one else around. Priorities. Besides, for all Lucas knew, Jet was silently agreeing.

"Yeah one on one." he said, hearing a loud clacking noise, followed by the sound of a bird in distress. It seemed that another ball had flown into the fray and hit a nearby pokemon who Lucas was going to attend to. "What the hell! They should seriously watch where they're hitting that thing!" Although Jet meant it as a joke considering what had happened earlier his uptight nature almost made it sound as if he was serious. Granted ironic moments like this were usually lost on him but this time it was different!

Regardless once Lucas was finished catching the injured pokemon, the two trainers made their way to the battle area. It was a pretty crude and standard arena, if you could even call it that. The field was laid out with white lines of light coarse dirt, no trace of grass remained on it whatsoever although the lining seemed fresh at the very least. On their way, Jet passed some more pokemon who seemed like they wanted to fight but he promptly ignored them since he was getting rather excited for the battle. Once they were in position Jet sent out his choice for the one on one battle. "Kick his as Biotánn. he commanded as a little tree stump was released from the ball. The stump then grew shadowy limbs and at it's base two Red eyes. It floated into the air happily, twirling around, waiting to see what else it was supposed to, since there was nothing visible it had to beat up yet. "Whenever you're ready." he called over to Lucas, wondering how exactly this little ghost type's first battle would go.

-skipping
close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2020 17:28:00 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar
[nospaces]

"Okay let me think who I'll use." Lucas Lane thinks hard about what he'll use against the phantump. A hand initially wraps around a ball containing aerodactyl, but he quickly releases his grip. That wouldn't be a fair fight.[break][break]

"Eros you're up." Lucas releases a dusk lycanroc as he spoke. "Get in close to the phantump." The wolf pokemon moves at an accelerated rate towards the ghostly apparition. Once close enough lycanroc pounces at it.

Lycanroc used Accelorock!

[break]

[newclass=.avienbox]width: 400px; min-height: 200px; background: #2e2e2e; border: 1px solid #222222;color: #807e7e; line-height: 14px;text-align: left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienheader]width: 400px; height: 50px; background: #CC9964; display: flex; align-items: center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienicon]display: inline; padding-right: 5px;opacity: 0.5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avientext]padding: 25px 30px; font-family: Roboto; font-size: 12px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.avienooc]border-left: 10px solid #CC9964; font-size: 10px !important; margin: 0 30px 30px 30px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Videns

Jet
Him/He
Grunt
26 height
26 height
awards
103 posts
Jet O'Haire DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @videns
Jet O'Haire
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2020 21:17:10 GMT
Jet O'Haire Avatar
”Leech Seed!” he called out to his little stump, but Biotánn was a little afraid of the large wolf pokemon and rightfully so! Now deciding that avoiding damage was the better option. It was about to use phantom force to do just that, but being quite a bit bigger and faster than the small plant the pokemon was easily pounced on. ”Hey! Calm down and listen to me! Use leech seed now!” The pokemon was obviously worried but it did as it was told. While it was still pounced on and presumably attacked it shot out seeds from it’s mouth which would hopefully land on the Lycanrock and slowly drain it’s health.

While the pokemon looked really cool, that was about all Jet knew about it. He couldn’t tell what type it was or what kind of moves it had so if he was serious about winning he’d need to be careful. And of course he wanted to win so being careful was a must! So much in fact that the moment Lucas called for another attack, Jet would cut across him to his Phantump. ”Now use Phantom Force!” Hopefully his ghost type would slip into it’s ghostly dimension away from harm when the pokemon attacked. Either that or it would vanish just after taking the damage all the while slowly absorbing it’s health. After a moment it would re appear, shrouded in a darkness that would clash with the Lycanrock as if it was tackling it. After the brief little move, the Phantump would be back floating in front of Jet waiting in slight fear of Eros.

Tl;dr
In a slight panic as it was pounced on but used leech seed.
Used phantom force to try and avoid the next attack.
When it returns, Phantump is in it’s starting position.
close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2020 22:51:32 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar
[nospaces]

Seeds bury themselves between lycanroc's rock embedded mane. Several manage to shake lose as it collides with the phantump; though the vast majority still remain, sapping strength. Pinning the decayed stump to the ground on landing lycanroc crunches down on the child specter immediately. Wood splinters between each gnaw.[break][break]

Before lycanroc can turn the phantump into a pile of toothpicks its form, stump and all, dissipate. Sniffing the air lycanroc tries in vain to sniff the pokemon out. When phantump re-materializes it lands a blow square in the head. "Behind you!" Lucas would shout, his words much too late. Enraged lycanroc growls and lashes out in phantump's direction. It attempts to get hold of its volatile body and crunch down.

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

Videns

Jet
Him/He
Grunt
26 height
26 height
awards
103 posts
Jet O'Haire DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @videns
Jet O'Haire
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2020 23:05:17 GMT
Jet O'Haire Avatar
Of course it has a dark type move! The mohawked man thought as his small specter creid out in pain before vanishing. On the bright side everything Jet had wanted so far came to pass but now that Lycanroc had it's eyes set on Phantump again it was going for another crunch.

"Will-O-Wisp!" Jet shouted as the beast moved forward again. There was no doding the speedy wolf, not with Biotánn anyway. The Ghost listened, but lowered his head slightly, like it was getting ready to use another move. Jet knew what it wanted to do so he would endulge his pokemon, even if the previous move didn't land. "Horn Leech!" Was the next command he shouted once the Lycanroc was more than likely to start it's chomp down. The splintering wood of his pokemon would soon reform on Biotánn as it's whole stumpy head glowed grren, the twigs at it's side expelled forward into the rock types mouth! The only way Jet could get victory was if he sapped the energy from his opponent and even then it was a long shot. At the bery least it started to relax a little when battling. Still, it's hesitation was enough to thwart things for the rocket.
close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
POSTED ON Mar 1, 2020 23:44:55 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar
[nospaces]

Flames engulf the wolf pokemon as it drives its prey to the ground. It tinges its fur and begins to burn the skin underneath, burning the remnants of a prior leech seed along the way. Pushing through the pain lycanroc clamps down on the phantump's neck and shakes it wildly with intent to kill. When branches jut into its mouth there's an initial squeal and whipping back of its head. "Keep on going. Don't stop!" Lucas shouts reassuringly. [break][break]

Countering the phantump's efforts at recovering lycanroc throws its head back towards the phantump. It strikes back with twice the force phantump had shown moments earlier. Claws dig deep into its ghastly form while crunching teeth render helmet useless.

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

Videns

Jet
Him/He
Grunt
26 height
26 height
awards
103 posts
Jet O'Haire DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @videns
Jet O'Haire
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2020 17:22:01 GMT
Jet O'Haire Avatar
Despite how much Jet called to his Phantump to keep fighting, the stump had very little left in him. He could barely make out his master's command, so instead it did it's own. After being countered the Phantump once again let out fiery apparitions, but instead of being a bright red they were a somber purple. The circled it, 4 wisps in total. Their dispersal was as quick as their summoning, because once the Lycanroc crunched down hard, knocking out Biotánn, the move he used activated, causing the wisps to fly into the rock type. Before it could land the killing blow, it too was knocked out like the phantump thanks to it's destiny bond. Jet hadn't even considered using the move himself and once both pokemon fell back to the ground it was clear that if Biotánn hadn't used the move it could very well have died again. "What the hell man! You're dumb pokemon nearly shattered mine into splinters!" he yelled taking out his pokeball to return his Phantump. Despite it being a good battle, the rocket was understandably pissed at the near death of one of his team. "What do ya have to say for yourself?!"
close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 6:44:36 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar
[nospaces]

Lucas returns the lycanrock.[break][break]

"Well that's the nature of pokemon battles. So I'm not sure what to tell you. If it'd been a steelix I used it could have literally shattered phantump to splitters." He sighs. "Though I'm sorry for not pulling back and ending it sooner."

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

Videns

Jet
Him/He
Grunt
26 height
26 height
awards
103 posts
Jet O'Haire DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @videns
Jet O'Haire
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2020 17:23:37 GMT
Jet O'Haire Avatar
Jet simply huffed angrily, turning around sharply and storming off. Before he fully left though he glanced backwards. "Watch yourself, ir it might be your pokemon that get killed the next time we battle." And on that ominous note Jet left.
close tab

played by

Razost

Luke / Boomer
He/him
Twenty Nine
October 21
Lacunosa Town
rocksexual
Geneticist
Head Scientist
awards
709 posts
Lucas Lane DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lane
Lucas Lane
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2020 15:36:55 GMT
Lucas Lane Avatar
[nospaces]

Lucas wasn't sure if that was a threat from the teenager. If it was there was no sleep lost over it though. There were much bigger threats in his life than a half baked trainer. [break][break]

"Well, goodbye then."

notes

[break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,014 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2020 2:25:41 GMT
shiv Avatar
[attr="class","reward"]congratulations!!
[attr="class","reward2"]you two receive the following: 10 pokedollars & 1 infamy!
[break]