she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
digisea [c]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 4:28:43 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar
[attr="class","abooti"] it was a rather stormy night, and with the winds unleashing torrential rainfalls upon sootopolis, olivia retreated to the digital world. she still didn't quite understand the nuances or culture, but it was new; unique, and something she could learn about. above all else, olivia prided herself on being a fast learner and capable of retaining said knowledge. she had been doing some light reading within the fontaine library. the designers of the game truly did put some thought into the lore of their world.

there was also an in game glossary that explained basic terms that olivia was presently studying as her avatar, syren, stared blankly over the great blue digital sea.

[newclass=.abooti]text-align: justify;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;color:acacac;padding:15px;margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.abooti b]color: #b0c4de[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
digisea [c]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 4:41:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando sees Olivia from a distance and refrains from attracting her attention. He watches her for a good minute while her avatar stays still, unaware that she's actually reading the in-game glossary. "Troi, oi. I knew it was a monster. What kind of person AFK's in VR?"

However, when he lines up a shot the ZAP CANNON shoots right through her. Odd. He didn't miss. The in-game system still allows attacks to be fired, especially since there are monsters in this part of the map, but players are invulnerable to attacks from other players. "Shit. I guess it is a player."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
digisea [c]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 4:53:53 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar
[attr="class","abooti"] suddenly, her display went dark. again? a warning flashed as syren opened her shell up, apparently that same boy had come to attack her. olivia sighed, represent in game by bubbles spilling forth from syren's shell. syren looked to the spot next to her on the sandy beach - the shellfish was precariously balancing on a gnarled driftwood HEALER'S STAFF - and gurgled, "you might find this game easier if you don't attack everything you see."

a second bubble popped as syren mused, "is that what you all do? attack and kill? this city, for example, has a wonderful library. even this sunset is peaceful, in its own unique way; the sounds of a calm tide are so realistic, alluring." a stark contrast to the real world as a storm raged on.

[newclass=.abooti]text-align: justify;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;color:acacac;padding:15px;margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
digisea [c]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 5:16:17 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Nah. I've been doing just fine. Top of the leader board, if you wanna check it. Just wanted to test and see if you were really a player or some weird NPC."

Fernando shifts his hand to the right a bit and retrains his pistol onto some idle monster in the distance. This time the ZAP CANNON strikes true and the PARALYSIS status effect flashes above the monster's head. Since it's out in the water, the electric attack does double damage.

"Game's called Blade and Bulwarks not Blade and Books, shelly."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
digisea [c]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 5:23:22 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar
[attr="class","abooti"] “perhaps, but there is so much more to explore. complex crafting, farming, and camping systems are all included and none of those require blade nor bulwark.” syren retorted with a stream of bubbles.

she eyed the mysterious man and peeped, “in fact, there might be a quest you would be interested in. seeing as you’re the type to shoot first, ask questions later.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
digisea [c]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 5:28:19 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Aye. I looked at the complex crafting bit. If you want anything worthwhile you're gonna need some rare loot and that's locked by PVP, shelly." At least from what he say. Only other way was the buy it from auction but the prices were both unreasonable and unattainable. Not without earning a pretty penny from looting careless players in the PVP zone.

"But you got my attention. I almost finished my quests. What'cha got?"

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
digisea [c]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 10:18:19 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar
[attr="class","abooti"] she sent a GIFT: TORN PAGE from one of the books she had read in the library. it detailed something about the SPIRIT OF WATER. "it's guarded by the queen of hearts." syren began to explain, sending another GIFT: TORN PAGE #2 from the royal archive, it featured a magical portrait of the queen and notes her MADNESS.

she looked the barcoded man up and down, and bubbled, "think you can handle her minions? we get past them and get me to the SPIRIT OF WATER, and you can keep the other treasure."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
digisea [c]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 10:32:11 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Fernando accepts both gifts and shifts them from his inventory and into their own HUDs to read their in-game notes. Since the enemy is water and therefore weak to electric, he feels confident enough. But between only the two of them? It also depends on where the boss is located. Presumably, Fernando figures it's here and he's fine with that.

"Sure. Not too bad. Why do you wanna get to the Spirit though? You say that like we're not going to kill it."

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
digisea [c]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 18:46:50 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar
[attr="class","abooti"] "because we will not be killing it." syren explained, sending GIFT: TORN PAGE #3, which showed an image of the SPIRIT OF WATER.

"i don't really understand what it does, or why she guards it so fervently; but i believe there is one in every kingdom - each guarded by their own monarch." she began to explain. "and if you ask the locals, they aren't all too excited about their rulers." the little clam thing furrowed its nonexistent brows. "though i suppose that is the goal of the game."

"ruling." syren looked the pistol man, "besides, more importantly, i think the SPIRIT OF WATER will help stabilize this form."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
digisea [c]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 19:48:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Okay..."

Fernando reads this note as well and shrugs. "So kill the minions and spare the water spirit. That means that the Queen is probably a boss, right? Just make sure you keep pace and I'm down."

He aims at another mob in the distance and fire again. Talking and being idle is fine but Fernando never passes up another opportunity to get a few more experience and MC. "But my focus is on surviving. Not too keen about losing experience from a Player versus Environment zone."

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
digisea [c]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 20:11:55 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar
[attr="class","abooti"] "keep me on your person, and i shall support you." syren replied, and somehow began to move the staff to draw in the sand. olivia was drawing out the layout of the castle, it was eerily similar to silverspire she realized - perhaps it was a source of inspiration for the developers? - and said, "her minions are like chess pieces. the pawns are simple and can be dealt with easily, or even avoided if you wish to employ stealth." syren gave the man a second look, and sighed, "but you have not shown such.. discretion. there's eight pawns divided between the two main entrances with a knight supervising."

there was a simple drawing of the blueprints of the castle, with dots symbolizing their enemies. "the knights will be a real fight, but they aren't who worry me - it's the bishops." olivia drew two bigger dots further inside the castle. "a... mini boss, i believe would be the correct terminology? there's two of them as well and i believe they use powerful, presumptively, water based magics."

"that is what awaits us, plenty of experience and loot to be found." syren said, and olivia pocketed the HEALER'S STAFF to her inventory, causing the shellfish to drop to the ground with a thud as the staff disappeared with a comical pixelated poof.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
digisea [c]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2020 20:23:47 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] "Ah shit. You need me to actually carry you, dont'cha. That's going to increase my weight and lower my move speed." Fernando ponders it but nods with a confirmation. "T'is fine. Ain't going to be dodging much from a range anyway."

He spots another mob and fires again, waiting for Olivia to finish drawing before paying her any attention. When she finishes, he looks at her map and his face contorts. "Ain't that the shittiest layout I've ever seen. I know this is just a game but ain't that some garbage architecture. This is going to be harder than I thought, huh?"

He listen to her intently and frown. "Chess? Fuck I hate thinking games," he saws in a breath of exasperation. "But if I snipe them then I guess formation doesn't matter."

Fernando looks at his inventory and he's properly equipped. Since he's no where near a PVP zone he has more than the basic essentials, with plenty of potions and other curatives. He's yet to play with a healer so he has to fill in the gap with in-game items.

"Well, I'm set, I guess."

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
digisea [c]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2020 3:59:46 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar
[attr="class","abooti"]syren looked around her as if there was anything to look for... and was promptly reminded of the stark digital reality that she was a shellfish thing. "then let us go." she bubbled, accompanied by a sigh from olivia. this game was a lot more than what she had thought.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,755 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
digisea [c]
POSTED ON Mar 23, 2020 4:13:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Aite. Mark it on the map and let's go!"

Fernando has no idea where the temple is despite the notes but surely Olivia would know. After all, she is the one investigating all this. Fernando's only in it for the experience and loot, hired muscle if you will. He sends her a party request too while he's at it.

close tab

played by

sadsoda

sea witch
she/her
thirty two
september 23
snow point
???
???
175 height
175 height
awards
310 posts
part of
TAG WITH @seasoda
Olivia Abbiati
digisea [c]
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2020 18:29:26 GMT
Olivia Abbiati Avatar
[attr="class","abooti"]beep boop beep. olivia accepted his request and marked the castle on the display. "we may be able to just walk past the knights and pawns if we act... casual. as far as i'm aware no others have shown open hostility to the monarchs of the kingdoms."

she HOPS onto his shoulder, "but be on guard - the queen of hearts is notorious for her erratic behavior, or so say the locals at least."