Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Shady Dealings (Wild/Closed)
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2018 7:09:20 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar
Whether it was the timing of the newly imported Interpol Agent, or if it was just one of those days, the path leading towards the Petalburg Woods was almost devoid of human life. Aside from the occasional fisher waiting for a bite, the Kalosian didn't see anyone else either waiting along the path for a battle, or searching the area for Pokemon. In any case, the quietude suited him just fine.

With nothing in the way of resistance, Thomas would arrive in the Petalburg Woods. Thomas couldn't help but smile as he was greeted by a thick forest that all but blotted out the sunlight, save for the occasional beams of light shining down through the gaps in the thick trees. In all honesty, it was something that the Agent couldn't help but admire. With all of the interesting places in Hoenn, he had to ask himself why he didn't travel around more.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2018 7:37:01 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
two pairs of eyes peered at thomas from a far more shadowy portion of the forest. these multiple set of eyes eyes gleamed with open curiosity as they tracked his movements from only a short distance away. 

'he seems nice,' she thought. 

"hello."

the girl announced herself as she stepped upon the path he had only just traveled upon. she made sure to announce herself clearly and with a moderate volume that would successfully carry her voice to the stranger. 

"scy-ther.

her mantis followed her mistress's lead whilst openly eyeing the unfamiliar human up and down. 

"it's a bit more dangerous in this part of the forest," she warned. "just a friendly warning if you're not too familiar with the area.

cait stepped a little closer but maintained a respectable distance, offering a gentle smile as she did so. 

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2018 7:59:51 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar
The silence of the forest was broken by a voice greeting the Kalosian. Thomas would turn just in time to see the Scyther accompanying the green-haired woman cry out. Thomas would nod to the woman, acknowledging her greeting without uttering a word himself. He would then size up the two, noticing that the Scyther's longer abdomen, marking it as a female.

"I see. Thank you for the warning.", Thomas would tell the woman politely. "It is my first time in the area, though I will say that I accept the risks I take in exploring this area, and that I am prepared to deal with what dangers the area may entail.", he would continue in a polite manner.

"Nice Scyther, by the way. How long have you had her?", he asked her. While he was tempted to bring out Ripper to have the two meet, he was worried about the potential of that being taken as a threat. And then there was the fact that Ripper himself would probably try to challenge the Scyther on sight.

close tab

played by

100 height
100 height
yayaya aa
awards
800 posts
ADMIN DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @admin
ADMIN
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2018 8:24:08 GMT
ADMIN Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD AMOONGUSS APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / effect spore[break]
spore / rage powder / clear smog / giga drain
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD PARASECT APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / effect spore[break]
x-scissor / cross poison / aromatherapy / giga drain
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2018 16:01:40 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"oh! you can tell scyther's a female?"

her eyes had grown wide in reaction to the young man correctly identifying her bug-type's gender. 

"that's actually pretty impressive - you must have a sharp eye. it's either that or you have some experience when it comes to scyther in general.

she stepped closer now, pleased that the male had responded positively to her introduction. most were weary of new faces nowadays with the rockets now populating the region in mass. 

"she's a recent addition to my team," she said. "i actually got her by trade.

"scy-ther," her companion murmured. 

the bug-type swiveled her head to the left, having detected movement a worryingly short distance away. she hissed, her mouth partly open to further expose her fangs as she sought to alert her mistress. cait's brows furrowed as she followed her companion's gaze, her smile having transitioned into a frown. 

"ah, i didn't think we'd come across a pokemon this soon.

an amoonguss would be the first to appear, the distinctively silly-looking creature radiating with hostility as it approached the humans. 

"i'll let someone else handle this, scyther. you stay with me, alright?

the scyther lowered her appendages somewhat, but she remained alert as cait proceeded to introduce her exeggutor to the field. the large pokemon's multiple heads immediately fixated upon their target, a gentle smile upon their faces as they patiently awaited their mistress's orders. 

"'egg bomb', boys!

an egg-shaped ball of energy sprouted from atop the grass-type's head seconds later before it was propelled toward the wild pokemon whom was violently launched backwards as it exploded mere inches from its face. 

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2018 19:08:09 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar
"Yes, her abdomen is long and pointed, as opposed to the male's shorter and more rounded abdomen.", he would explain to her.

Thomas was surprised that the woman thought that what he did was impressive. "I keep up with such information regularly. Most species of Pokemon don't have distinguishing traits that mark them out between genders as easily as a Scyther, or something like a Heracross, or a Pikachu.", he would respond, before catching himself. "But then, I suppose I'm preaching to the choir.", he added hastily, a bit embarrassed.

As she explained that her Scyther was a recent trade she had received, he looked back to the Mantis Pokemon. "I see.", Thomas started. But before he could inquire further about the Scyther, two Pokemon would arrive. While the green-haired woman would send an Exeggutor to take on the Amoongus, Thomas grabbed for the first Pokeball within his reach, before a Parasect would emerge from the foliage, also acting aggressively.

Thomas would deploy his Scizor, Ripper. The Parasect would raise his claws, before charging at the Scizor slowly, going in for an X-Scissor. "Iron Defense.", Thomas called out to Ripper. The Scizor would brace himself, hardening his body before the Parasect would strike him. Thanks to the reinforcement of his defenses, the attack would barely leave a scratch on his metal exoskeleton.

The Scizor didn't need his master's orders to know what to do next. Raising his pincers up, the Scizor lowered them down for a brutal X-Scissor of his own, slashing into the body of the Parasect. The attack was just enough to cause the fungal zombie to fall unconscious. Perhaps this was a testament to how long Thomas and Ripper had been at it, or just the fact that the Parasect was ill equipped to deal with such an opponent, while the Scizor was more than able to strike it down.

"You doing okay, Ripper?", Thomas called out, concerned about the possibility that the Scizor's attack may have tripped an Effect Spore. When the Scizor turned to him, his movements consistent as ever, and with a nod, Thomas grinned at him. "Good. Very good.", he said. "You did great, bud!", he called out.

Ripper would respond with a skyward fist pump, before walking back over to his master. Meanwhile, Thomas turned to see how the woman and her Pokemon were doing. It seemed that the two were doing just fine, having driven off the Amoongus successfully.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2018 2:47:06 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD CARNIVINE APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / levitate[break]
leaf tornado / crunch / wring out / vine whip
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD MOTHIM APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / swarm[break]
quiver dance / lunge / psychic / camouflage
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2018 17:55:25 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"you did great, boys."

her exeggutor stood victoriously, his massive figure looming over the felled amoongus as he curiously peered down at it. 

"exeg!

"go ahead and rest up, alright?

once the dual-type had been properly secured, cait  would curiously look upon the male and his scizor counterpart. 

'maybe that's why he knew so much about scyther? he must have owned one before it evolved.' 

the steel-type was a magnificent sight indeed - and very much powerful. he had taken down the parasect just as easily and it had only taken him a short amount of  time. her own scyther eyed the male before ducking her head slightly, the gesture a subtle show of submission. 

"hm.

cait approached, flashing teeth as she grinned widely at thomas. 

"things are about to get a bit more hectic now, i think," she said. "pokemon tend to react aggressively to too much fuss - especially when it happens around their territory or hunting grounds.

it was only after saying this that two more pokemon would reveal themselves, proving just as hostile as the last. cait's gaze would almost immediately fixate upon the mothim, her eyes brimming with delight. 

"a mothim! gods, i've always wanted one. scyther, can you handle this one?

her pokemon peered at the moth before nodding her head and stepping forward to raise her scythes. the bug-type accepted her challenge, and would fall upon her moments later as he wielded 'lunge'. the fight proved eventful, with the quarreling bug-types being equally matched in quite a few ways.

"use 'air slash', scyther!

her scyther's status as a young and generally inexperienced creature shone through, but she managed to make up for her flaws by sheer force of will and shows of determination as she struck out against the mothim. 

"alright, i think that's enough.

the wild moth hovered just above the ground now, his pointed facial features scrunched up in a tight grimace. cait wouldn't hesitate in tossing a pokeball, eager to secure such a beautiful specimen. 

[ capture attempt on mothim ] 

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2018 22:11:31 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar
As Ripper was walking back to his trainer, he would notice the female Scyther looking at him, before bowing her head in submission. While he hadn't seen her battle yet, he couldn't help but cock his head a little to the side. Perhaps it was his natural bloodlust talking, but if he were the younger, inexperienced Scyther looking at the older, more seasoned Scizor battling, he'd want to challenge them to a fight before even showing signs of submission.

"You know, I always thought that a showing of force had a calming effect on the wildlife.", Thomas joked in response to the green-haired girl's remarks.

But before things could continue further, two more Pokemon came onto the scene. A Carnivine floated into the area, coming towards Ripper.

"Ripper, behind you!", Thomas called out.

The Scizor would turn just in time to be greeted with the floating plant wrapping vines around his body, attempting to Wring him Out. Despite his armor, he could feel the vines squeezing his body tightly, causing him to grunt out in pain. Once the attack let up, and the Carnivine eased its grip on the armored insect, the bloodthirsty Scizor would glare angrily at the Carnivine, letting out an angry cry before raising his pincers, and delivering an X-Scissor to the floating plant.

The Carnivine could only let out a short cry of pain before she fell to the ground, the cuts left by the X-Scissor left plainly on its head, though thankfully not enough to be fatal. Once all was said and done, Ripper walked back over to Thomas, panting after such an encounter, but looking back up at Thomas with a grin.

"You okay, bud?", Thomas asked the Ripper, who gave him a nod, and held a closed pincer out to Thomas, who would gently bump it with a closed fist of his own. "Good."

Once all was said and done, Thomas and Ripper would watch as the Scyther struck the Mothim with an Air Slash, before her trainer would toss a Pokeball at the attacking Mothim.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2018 3:12:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD GALVANTULA APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / compound eyes[break]
sticky web / electro ball / gastro acid / signal beam
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD SHUCKLE APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
female / sturdy[break]
stone edge / struggle bug / bug bite / rest
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2018 19:14:39 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"haha - that's my girl!"

cait threw her arms 'round her scyther, whom would smile fondly in response to the warm gesture. 

"our first battle together, too.

the cadet removed herself from the large bug in favor of bending over to pluck up the capsule containing her new mothim. there was a pleased look upon her face which would remain even as the containment device disappeared from her grasp, the capsule having transported itself to her personal computer. 

'i'll see you soon, boy.' 

"you've got a few bruises on your chitin, girl. gonna make it?

the scyther nodded and murmured softly, indicating that she would indeed survive the encounter. satisfied with the answer, cait moved on to address the man directly.

"your scizor is pretty strong," she said. "i'd love to have a battle with him one of these days.

she could only hope that the steel-type was tame enough not to maim her companions instead of simply rendering them unable to battle. 

'he doesn't seem like that type of trainer, though.' 

"my name's cait - by the way - and this is scyther. it's very nice to meet you. ah, and i guess this handsome boy here is ripper. it's nice to meet you as well, ripper.

cait bowed politely to the man and ripper, her scyther mimicking the respectful gesture. 

[ skipping shuckle ] 

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2018 22:53:43 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar
Thomas couldn't help but smile as the other trainer congratulated her Scyther on her first victory. Even if he was still on the fence about whether or not he could actually trust the woman, at least she seemed to be treating her Pokemon well enough. Of course, he would hope that the Scyther would go on to become a powerful Pokemon, whether she remained the speedy Scyther, or became a tank of a Scizor, just like Ripper.

"Almost six years of battles together, and he's been the best friend I could ask for.", Thomas said, nodding to Ripper with a grin. "I look forward to that, and I know Ripper will look forward to that as well, probably even more than myself.", Thomas responded.

While there was no doubt that Ripper was a violent Pokemon who enjoyed nothing more than getting into battles, he was at least disciplined. Given his trainer's line of work, and natural disdain for maiming other Pokemon in general, Ripper made it a point not to maim or kill his opposition, instead inflicting injuries that would heal, and allow them to fight another day. After all, if he killed or crippled his opponents, then there was one less Pokemon to scrap with.

"My name is Thomas. It's a pleasure to meet you as well.", Thomas said in response.

Just then, something caught the trainer's eye. A large, yellow tarantula hopped out of the tree, staring down Ripper and Thomas. Thomas himself grinned widely at the sight of the Galvantula, considering it was a Pokemon that the trainer had always wanted, especially for its more practical applications.

Ripper let out a grin, and stepped forward to meet the challenge of the Galvantula. Despite the punishment he had taken earlier, Ripper was still raring to go. And Thomas knew better than to cut Ripper off before he had his fill. Even if he went down, Ripper would rather see a fight through than to back out early, a wish the trainer respected in most cases.

"Alright Ripper, if you think you can take him, then by all means. Start out with a Bullet Punch.", Thomas told the Scizor.

The Scizor dashed towards the Galvantula quickly, before delivering a swift, brutal jab at the electric spider with his steely pincer. Despite the fact that its typing gave it a resistance to the attack, thanks to Scizor's Technician, as well as the fact that Galvantula was a naturally fragile Pokemon, the attack would still hurt it considerably. Staggering up, the Galvantula spit up Gastro Acid at his foe, nullifying Technician in the process.

"Ripper, don't let up, go in for a Double Hit!", called out Thomas.

Nodding, Ripper would take two swings at the Galvantula, only for the insect to swiftly leap out of the path both times, before zapping the armored bug with an Electro Ball. Ripper would cry out in pain, the attack clearly hurting like hell. Ripper would glare up at the Galvantula angrily, giving him the 'you little fucker' look.

The Galvantula would follow this up by firing a Signal Beam at the Scizor, who could only cry out in pain as he was subjected to the attack. Despite the fact that his own typing gave him a resistance against such an attack, the punishment he had been taking was adding up, and he knew he couldn't last much longer.

"Ripper, hang in there!", Thomas called out to his oldest friend.

He had to end this quickly. Ripper, without waiting on Thomas to give him orders, used Agility to give himself a much needed boost in speed, before charging the Galvantula. In turn, the Galvantula would attempt to fire off an Electro Ball at the Scizor, only for the creature to leap up and dodge the attack, before coming down to strike at his fellow insect with an X-Scissor.

The attack would connect, leaving the electric spider weakened. With this, Thomas would chuck a Pokeball at the Galvantula, and hope for the best.

Cap attempt on Galvantula.
close tab

played by

100 height
100 height
yayaya aa
awards
800 posts
ADMIN DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @admin
ADMIN
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2018 4:51:54 GMT
ADMIN Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD GROTLE APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / overgrow[break]
synthesis / crunch / leaf storm / giga drain
[break][break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD MARACTUS APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / water absorb[break]
sunny day / solar beam / petal blizzard / cotton guard
[break][break]

[googlefont=Montserrat]

[break][break]

GALVANTULA CAUGHT!
close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2018 19:02:12 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
"scy-ther."

scyther had bore witness to the battle, intrigued by the sight of the pair effectively working together to fell the electric-type beast. the bond that both ripper and thomas shared far surpassed the one that she and her mistress presently held. but the bug-type surmised this was simply due to them having known one another for only a short while.

"scy."

"
congrats on your catch," cait chimed.

her grin had only broadened out, her genuine delight over the well-earned victory palpable as she clapped her hands together.

"
i love bug-types - but i honestly lean toward grass-types more so - i've a personal weakness for 'em."

and to the woman's delight, her admittance would be followed by the sight of a grotle slowly yet surely lumbering his way into view. a quiet gasp took leave of the freckle-faced woman, her look of shock soon transitioning to one of concentration as she subtly gestured for her scyther to prepare.

'but let's see if i can handle this another way first.'

she was thankful she had treats on hand, the girl removing and reaching into her pack before producing a bag of flavorful chunks of processed food.

"
hey, big fellow - hey," she crooned.

the grotle blinked, his gaze shifting to settle upon the young cadet. she'd tentatively take steps toward him as she spoke softly, bearing edible gifts all the while.

"
i've got something for you."

she'd crouch before the grass-type, extending out her hand to offer the meal. the pokemon eyed it for a short while before accepting the treat, chewing and humming appreciatively in reaction to its good taste.

"
want some more?"

"gro."

this interaction would continue for roughly half an hour, the girl taking her time with buttering up the dual-type. it wouldn't be long before she lured him in with the promise of food and a far more comfortable living. he'd grunt agreeably after considering her tone before the wild pokemon offered a little nod as a confirmation of his consent.

"you won't regret it, boy," she promised.

[ capture attempt on grotle. ] 

[attr="class","iconb"]
[attr="class","iconimage"]

[attr="class","iconh"]

[attr="class","cred"]VEL OF PIXEL PERFECT[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:9px;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass][newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:9px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass][newclass=.iconb]padding:15px;height:100px;width:100px;border:1px solid #888;[/newclass][newclass=.iconimage]-moz-transition: all 0.92s ease-in-out;-webkit-transition: all 0.92s ease-in-out;-o-transition: all 0.92s ease-in-out;[/newclass][newclass=.iconh]-moz-transition: all 0.92s ease-in-out;-webkit-transition: all 0.92s ease-in-out;-o-transition: all 0.92s ease-in-out;opacity: 0;[/newclass][newclass=.iconh:hover]-moz-transition: all 0.92s ease-in-out;-webkit-transition: all 0.92s ease-in-out;-o-transition: all 0.92s ease-in-out;opacity:1;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2018 23:35:38 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas and Ripper would both watch as the Pokeball would shake back and fourth three times. The sparks going off around the mechanism signified that the Galvantula was now theirs. As Thomas walked up to take the Pokeball, Ripper collapsed to one knee, clearly exhausted from all the fighting he had done. He hated to admit it, but he was now far too exhausted to be fighting any more battles. But he had to admit, he had a good time of battling in the forest today. Thomas grabbed the Pokeball that was used to contain the Scizor, recalling him back to his Pokeball.

Within the trees, a Maractus had witnessed the battle between the Scizor and the Galvantula. While the Scizor was wounded, allowing the Galvantula to effectively have it on the ropes, the Scizor managed to pull through, and secure a victory for his trainer, recruiting the Galvantula in the process. But rather than spring out and attack the Scizor while it was effectively down, or the trainer after recalling his Pokemon, the Maractus decided instead to wait, concerned about what else the trainer would have with him, especially if his Scizor was that good.

"Thank you.", Thomas would say to Cait in response, a small smile on his face. "Interesting. I don't have much in the way of preferences myself.", he would tell her in response to admittance to having a thing for Grass and Bug-types.

Thomas would watch as she went to greet the Grotle that lumbered into view. But something would catch the trainer's eye. From a distance, he could swear that he'd spotted a Maractus. As he turned his head back to the place he thought he spotted it, it was already gone. The sight in particular caught his attention, due to Maractus typically being a species that lived in desert areas, and not a forest. For its part, the Maractus, upon being spotted, meekly and quickly retreated, not wanting to face down the trainer after all.

Shrugging, Thomas turned his attention back to Cait and her dealing with the Grotle. He would take a seat nearby while he watched it play out, ready to assist along with the girl's Scyther, should it have come to that. Thankfully, things seemed to work out just fine.

tags:
notes: Thomas watched while Cait handled the Grotle. Maractus quietly backed off before confrontation could occur.