awards
8,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
OPPORTUNITY [post slateport]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2018 23:15:44 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"that's good," he comments with a tone of good faith. truthfully, fernando's unsure whether he's content or disappointed. he's not above using his newly turned ally into a lab ratata. probing the deep recesses of regirock's latent CURSE may prove more beneficial than anything zeke can provide. being able to decipher the mystical arts is invaluable in itself but it looks like that ship has sailed. if only he had confessed to him earlier.

"lilycove will do for now. although slateport was invaded by sea, a water side location is essential for business." fernando does not hide his distaste for the current change of events. having to watch as everything he ported over to kanto SELF-DESTRUCTED via remote makes him bitter. porygon is his only saving grace, a transportable, living super computer at his finger tips. as long as he has the right data he can start again. hoenn, slateport, lilycove? it makes no difference. it only pushes him to strike back harder, growing his empire until its time to strike back.

"i'm pursuing a seat on the hoenn council," fernando mentions casually. a change in topic warrants another one. he expects nothing but the utmost disbelief from his companion.

close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
did i close my fist around something delicate?
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2018 1:27:12 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
silph's affirmation of lilycove's use as his new headquarters passes by zeke and goes unanswered. the only response he gives is a slow nod, though not much else is needed. it was a simple question with a simple answer.

when silph speaks again, zeke has more to say. "wow...what made you decide this?" the inquisition does not indicate any form of agreement or disagreement with the decision; zeke displays only shock on his otherwise stony face. he couldn't be blamed of course, after they began the conversation shitting on the league. the cogs in his head try to make sense of the decision: he knows silph does not like the shackles he'd have to bear.

then, of course, who would shackle him? there is no commissioner right now, with gone in the wind and all of the old council dismissed.

and then he smirks knowingly before his employer has a chance to respond -- silph wants to be commissioner. "...holy shit." the words reflect the revelation, despite the fact that it may be wrong.

zeke suddenly fills with a sense of power he hasn't had in years.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2018 12:56:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
fernando's about to answer when zeke spits out the expletive. "oh?" his stare is expectant, as if demanding an answer as to what zeke thinks. after such an exclamation, fernando is eager to hear what he thinks. unfortunately, that little tell now puts him on the spot. just how smart is the cop from kanto? too smart and fernando will have to handle him. too dumb and fernando may reconsider his choice. like with all things, there's a certain nuance to how to handle the situation. only one thing is certain, the pressure is overwhelming.

"what do you think about it, hm?"

close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2018 3:46:55 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
he can't tell that silph is gauging him in this moment -- zeke cannot see what is in front of him. only what potential lies ahead of silph co., ahead of him, ahead of hoenn. silph in a council seat means direct change.

"you'd be a direct line to the commissioner." he does not mention dahlia's name because he cannot ensure that she is still alive, let alone commissioner. the timing is uncannily perfect for the blue haired man with the mystifying eyes, but zeke smells no ill-intention on that edge of that solitary "oh?"

his hand clasp together on the table in front of him. "i think it's brilliant." zeke can only see the good that could come of this as he marvels at the potential silph would have at his fingertips.

he marvels so much that he cannot see why this is dangerous and possibly inflammatory.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2018 8:07:26 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"that's true which is quite unfortunate considering our current circumstances." fernando lets out a sigh as his back hunches over. his elbows push forward slight, bearing into the table as he relaxes. "there's so much to do and so little time." it almost sounds exasperated, and in some respects, it's true. a total restructuring from the ground up isn't easy work. it's tedious, requires patience, resources, and an ambition to see it through. "but i expect to know whether or not they want me to take a seat by the end of this week."

close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
POSTED ON Dec 21, 2018 20:20:53 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
zeke sits in silence for a moment once fernando stops speaking. he can hear the exasperation and anxiety in his voice beneath the enthusiasm. the nerves are, of course, warranted; zeke tries his best to somehow convey his support without cheesy words. silph probably already knows that he has zeke's trust.

"that's coming up fast." the response comes after a long pause. his eyes drop down, into his own lap. with the unforeseen changes in responsibilities, he is even less certain of what he will do for silph.

"so, what do you want me to do for you? when this all goes through, i mean." carefully he chooses the word 'when' instead of 'if'. why did silph bring him on in the first place? and why was zeke stupid enough to accept a job whose responsibilities he did not fully understand?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2018 5:43:08 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"indeed."

fernando ponders for a moment, allowing zeke's inquiry to settle. sure, fernando has his own thoughts on the matter but voicing them aloud, without the proper hook, can spell disaster to the young man's perception. instead, he'll opt for the safe answer - the empty one. "you wanted purpose and i have it. i want you to help me retake slateport. how? that'll depend on who else gets a seat on the council but we'll have to start amassing strength. we'll have to replace the key infrastructure we lost--"

fernando looks away, peering out into the windows. "gym leaders. we'll need to replace those we lost contact with. restoring order is our primary objective."

close tab

played by

yuko

he/him
twenty-seven
january 3
saffron, kanto
homosexual
team silph
officer
30 height
30 height
awards
174 posts
zeke rainey DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zeke
zeke rainey
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2018 19:32:37 GMT
zeke rainey Avatar
his head bobs as he internalizes silph's words, fully hooked by the meaningless jibber jabber of his superior. "i guess that seems like a reasonable thing to want to do." taking back slateport, however massive and vague an undertaking, falls under zeke's umbrella of interests and skills.

somewhere along the way, he has felt his past self slipping away from him; the gruff cop with a gun filled with named bullets on his way over to hoenn to right the wrongs has fallen away to reveal the current zeke. the current zeke works for silph and tries to interpret as many meanings from his employer's words. the current zeke feels more calculating. if he had the clarity of mind to realize this, perhaps his response would be different. perhaps he'd march in and kick as much rocket ass as he could.

instead, he assumes silph has a shifty plan and decides to allow that to unfold and just pitch in when its his turn to play his part. "well, i don't want to hold you up forever, fernando. i appreciate you giving me the opportunity. i won't let you down."

the waitress is on her way back to the table, but zeke waves her away. they won't be ordering anything, after all. he rises to his feet before silph does -- perhaps it is impolite, but he knows silph must have three dozen things to do. "i'm here for whatever you need."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,738 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2018 22:33:28 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
"always a pleasure, zeke." their conversation come to an end no sooner then it begins. the confirmation is something he wanted to verify in person and fernando's well past that stage. as far as he's concerned, zeke is already a well cemented pawn fitted right between his fingers. all he needs to do now is navigate him across the other side of the board. one by one, the pieces are coming together. it won't take long before he puts hoenn in check. literally.

"i'll keep in touch."

half truth, half lie. the commands will come from silph but rarely do they reach zeke's ear straight from his mouth. instead, he'll have them assigned by text or handed down by another. it's the way bureaucracy goes, no matter what form it comes in. the assistants, the directors, the supervisors, they're all people zeke will come to know.

for now, they settle with this.

"i look forward to great things from you, zeke."

whether he means it or not, the statement holds true. like many great prophecies, it's only a matter of time.