awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 22:19:55 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Liquid courage is a hell of a drug. All she needs is the right prodding and the experience will bloom on its own. From the sidelines, Fernando keeps a watchful eye on her, finding it harder to track her as her body weaves deeper into the sea of degeneracy. Well aware of his own limits, Fernando deems himself much too sober to join in, content with his own company until everything kicks in.

But when it hits it hits strong. The way he goes through shots like water comes back to bite at him for his arrogance. It's just what he wanted and his hesitations start to unravel. As always, fumbles his fingers around one of his minimized Pokeballs, tapping it against the underside of the bar counter. A brief flash of light disturbs his area but no one really bats an eye, much like someone turning on their phone's flashlight to look for something they dropped. Without leaving a trace of anything too obvious, Fernando reattaches the Pokeball to his belt loop, gesturing under bar counter to no one in particular.

With his contingency plan in place, his attention turns back to his chanced encounter with Illeana. It takes him a moment to find her from a distance, slowly recognizing how long it's taken him, before he departs to join her. The last time he went 'clubbing' he had been in her position, naive, green, and guided by someone else with much more experience. It's his turn to play that role, hiding the same ambitions as his previous suitor, reaching out to pull her in with the same fluid motion that they had used to hook him in.

Hands on her hips, Fernando mimics her movements, complimenting them in the same motion that he had been taught. They're not the most fluid but considering the drunken mess of people around them, they fit right into place. "Is it everything you thought it'd be," he whispers, leaning toward her ear to sneak past the overwhelming cacophony overshadowing all.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
oh, drunken gods of slaughter, you know i've always been your favorite daughter.
awards
4,078 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 22:27:44 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she's distracted, absorbed in the rhythm. it's not what she's used to, sure, but by the second or third song she's becoming more comfortable with how to move to match the beat. and by then, a few girls had even taken the time to pull her into their circle, bumping hips with her with bright grins and easy laughter. she's out of her element, painfully so, but the alcohol has long since settled enough to loosen up her nerves and provide a good time regardless.

and by the time fernando drifts onto the floor, she's drifted back to the center of the crowd. moving alone in a sea of bodies, halfway between drunk and blissful, possessing moves that she probably wouldn't even attempt outside of the comfort of her own room. it's a weird sight, really. illeana reyes is many things but she almost looks like a different person in this light, in this crowd, in this movement.

a gasp escapes when he pulls her in and she's stunned for a moment, not expecting him to show let alone place hands on her hips and move to the beat. she follows for a few moments, mimicking because her mind hasn't caught up to her body yet. it does once he whispers in her ear, once she hears the words he murmurs. "perhaps," she offers before turning and twirling out of his grasp. an alcohol tinged grin lingers on her lips and she finds herself shouting over the music to be heard. "i don't know what i expected, honestly, but this is fun!" she never stops moving, however, almost as if the music has control over her now. and really, she's always been a puppet, a girl on strings but this is different somehow. there's no one making her dance, only her own control and it's a feeling she can only describe as incredible.

dance the night away prompt.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 22:47:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]She's more vibrant than he had expected. For someone so muted otherwise, watching Illeana blossom into a good time is both progression and the exact opposite of what he wants. The way she shuffles out of his grasp means more than she'll ever know. Even Fernando is surprised with how disappointed he feels, uncertain on why, but masking it with a mutual smile. "Wait until you get used to it," he offers with fake guidance.

Against his better judgement, Fernando remains on the dance floor. The only reason he continues to entertain this game is to blend into the crowd. The more time passes the less he cares, mind melting into goosebumps of feeling his own blood course through his body. It's only when he starts to feel itchy does he realize how hard the alcohol has hit.

It reminds him of the last time someone had taken him out and how he had to dispose of them thereafter.

Fuck.

At least he can keep up appearances now. Between the smiles and laughs, who would ever suspect?

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
oh, drunken gods of slaughter, you know i've always been your favorite daughter.
awards
4,078 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 23:05:12 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]it's odd but she's grateful for his presence, for the sense of comfort it brings. even if it's laced with intentions she can't see and wouldn't understand, it's enough to allow her to loosen up further. it's easy to move to the beat but to feel secure and comfortable? that's difficult for her, even with alcohol clouding her mind and judgement. and perhaps that's why she reaches for his hand, to stay close when the crowd shifts closer. a reaction to bodies pressing against her own, a need to keep an anchor as if she'll drift away otherwise.

"you mean it gets better?" an amused laugh escapes at the thought. she shifts a little closer, an elbow the cause of her movements. and yet, her body keeps moving despite those around her. it's difficult to stop once she starts, it seems. and really, if they're gonna be here in the center of the dance floor, they might as well move it until they lose it or something.

she leans in to be heard over the music, grin never faltering. it almost looks mischievous but the flashes of multicolored light make it difficult to tell. "are you enjoying yourself?" and then, as if the thought of more alcohol might help the experience become better, she raises an eyebrow. "would you like me to buy the next round?"

realistically, she probably shouldn't have another drink but she doesn't do things halfheartedly. it's always one extreme or the other, never falling within a neutral area. this is no different, it seems.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 23:21:18 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]And move it is the only real choice they have. The longer the night goes on the more filled the building becomes. No one deliberately fights for space but the moment someone gives an inch someone else will take a mile. It forces everyone close and once they're pressed together Fernando nods, laughing. "More than I thought I would."

The question of more alcohol comes up and Fernando can't refuse her. When it comes to drawn out battles, Fernando is second to none.

"I'll come with."

There's no way he'll juggle an empty shot glass while intermingling with the crowd.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,078 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 23:29:21 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the crowd forces them back together, as if there shouldn't have been distance in the first place. and when he laughs, she looks slightly confused. "why's that?" doesn't everyone come here to have a good time? or is it more an act of escapism? she's not sure what he thought when he initially came here but from her point of view, he seems to be enjoying himself and that's enough to make her brighten.

he agrees and she's quick to reach for his hand, to gently tug with a laugh. "come on!" it had been easier to get into the crowd than it is to escape, that much is now known to her. she has to weave through moving bodies to get back to the bar. and if someone brushes against her or tries to stop her, she doesn't notice. a woman on a mission and that mission happens to be more drinks.

only when they're out of the crowd does her hand leave his. it seems the bar is a little clearer, enough for them to get drinks with an appreciated quickness. and despite not being on the floor anymore, her body still moves slightly to the music. almost swaying, almost wiggling, it's hard to tell.

what isn't hard to tell? she definitely doesn't need this next drink.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 23:37:25 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]She's obviously drunk. So is he, to an extent. Which begs the question, what's their limit? Being a veteran that, on a good day can match Hoenn's worst drunkard shot for shot, Fernando still has more than enough room to keep going. It's Illeana that he's concerned about. While she's a fully capable adult in the eyes of the law, as her colleague, he can't not assist her should she go overboard. And, despite his answer earlier, having to clean up after her would make this a lot less fun than he expected.

As a precaution, Fernando places his hand against her cheek again, trying to gauge her current state.

"You good, Reyes?"

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,078 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 23:56:46 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]it's probably a good idea to slow down, to drink water, to not get this next drink. and yet, she has yet to understand the concept. realistically, she'll sip hers instead of downing it all in one go. pacing herself, sort of. and eventually, she'll merely just sweat some of it out on the dance floor. but it's going too far that might do her in.

his hand finds her cheek and she turns at the contact, letting out a soft laugh.

"i think so," she replies. drunk enough to have a good time but when does that shift into a point of no return? hopefully never but one drink can start the descent into a mess she doesn't want to be. "this should probably be my last drink." tolerance is something she doesn't quite possess. inexperience bleeds through most of the things she does and this happens to be no different. while she's not necessarily a stranger to drinking, it's the strength of the drinks that always seems to throw her for a loop.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 0:20:29 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Don't push yourself," he warns, sliding his hand down to cup her by the chin. In a lapse of judgment, Fernando's caught staring, bold enough to smirk to himself amidst his admiration. To think he'd be caught up in drinking alongside the greenest League official. It's almost comical if he wasn't caught between being bold and negligent.

"Remember when you asked if it gets better?"

When does it shift into a point of no return? When fearlessness goes unchecked, pushed to act in ways you'd never otherwise follow.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,078 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 0:29:56 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"i'll try not to," she murmurs. there's hesitation in her, rising as his hand falls to cup her chin. it increases the longer he stares, the longer she watches a smirk curl at his lips. and really, alarms sound at the touch but alcohol dulls them into muffled sounds. she doesn't pull away just yet, instead offering a confused look.

"yeah?" it comes out squeaky, almost nervous. her drunk state doesn't erase her anxiety or the sudden notion that she's in over her head. in fact, it almost increases in this moment and she's glancing away, unable to hold eye contact anymore.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 0:55:08 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Do it!

Don't shit where you eat!

The only sounds more tumultuous than the club itself are the thoughts pacing within the haze of his own mind. While both sides make very valid points, one encroached by need while the other pleads with reason and their long-term success, Fernando ends up letting Illeana being the final judge. While her reaction falls within the scope of his predictions, something about how meek she is both off-putting and exciting.

He wants to tease her but the lack of mutual attraction has dissipated.

And what Fernando finally decides to do—

"Just remember not to get carried away."

He defaults back to laughing at her, unhanding her all the same, but never quite looking away.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,078 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2020 2:34:49 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]staring and staring and staring gets her nowhere. she's confused, drunk, and uncertain of what's about to happen. and naturally, when that happens, she blurts out the first thing that comes to mind. the distance between them, his hand at her chin, the drinks? it all leads to one sentence being whispered out, almost rushed and half drowned out by music. "i have a boyfriend."

his hand falls from her chin, a laugh escapes, and she's still caught like a deerling in headlights. thoughts race and her mind reels and she lets out a giggle that sounds a little to breathless and a little too awkward.

"right, don't get carried away," she murmurs. by then, their drinks have arrived and she's already reaching for hers as if she can use it as a lifeline for whatever is going on. his eyes don't leave her but she can't look at him just yet, not with this. and even with perhaps too much alcohol in her system, she ends up reverting back to her usual self: meek and nervous.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2020 18:19:21 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Haha. Sorry. Couldn't resist teasing someone so green."

It's a lie. One that's dressed nicely, like the sliced fruit that sits on the crown of every drink, but still a lie at the end of the day. Even with his ignorance regarding her relationship status, Fernando doesn't quite care. Who in the world would garner even an ounce of his sympathy? is the only name that comes to mind. The rest are just trash in his way. Only her lack of reciprocation keeps him at bay, and respectfully he declines, shrugging it off in a facade set to protect his pride.

"But that's good. Cute, even. I don't think you're ready to handle that just yet."

Her reach for their drinks is enough to dissuade further scrutiny. His eyes turn to the bottom of his glass. Funny how it looks so different once it's empty. It reminds him of his younger days and he still can't stop laughing.

"But do be careful. Not everyone knows when to quit. It can be a scary place for women, especially alone."

It's an ugly truth but one Fernando makes sure to instill in her.

"So next time bring someone you trust."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
always an
angel, never a god.
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,078 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2020 21:37:10 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she doesn't realize it's a lie, doesn't even consider the possibility that he'd be nothing short of truthful with her. and naturally, she falls for it with a flushed face and an odd feeling. it's difficult to place and she doesn't bother, filing it into a folder tagged as drunken idiocy.

"it's okay," she murmurs softly. her smile takes a moment but eventually it returns, fuzzy and melting into her cheeks. it falters a moment later, confusion beginning to rise. her head tilts slightly to the left to follow the concept he brings but she can't understand it. not fully, anyway. he mixes something like a compliment and a condescending tone into one and it throws her off. naturally, she questions it. "not ready to handle what yet?"

the drink distracts her from laughter and she's using it as a crutch. except, it's gone perhaps too quickly and there's nothing but an empty glass for her to hold onto. and eventually, she relents her grip on it and sets it back onto the counter. by then, he's delivering truth that's a little hard to swallow and she glances down, eyes seeking the floor.

"it can be, yes," she murmurs. threats are very real, very concrete, and they never seem to fully fade away. the concept had, truthfully, not been on her mind until he brought it up. perhaps it's because she's not technically alone right now, still considered prey but not in the way she would think.

her smile widens slightly, eyes drifting back up to find his. "i will," she confirms. and then, without hesitation, she adds a little further. "like you! i trust you." it's perhaps too enthusiastic but she's wobbly and an open book becomes a little too open.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2020 7:43:52 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Ask again if you’re single at my age and I’ll show you.

Cocky to a fault, he leaves the comment on a cliffhanger. Oblivious to who Illeana is actually dating, he has no idea how intimate or long-lasting their relationship will last. In their line of work the answer is more often then not ‘not long’. However, there have been exceptions. Cole’s engagement comes to mind and Fernando passes over how much it sickens him.

Ha, ha. Well, Reyes, unfortunately, this isn’t really my scene. Consider tonight a rare Silph sighting.

His smile is a bit too toothy for his image. Fernando slides his glass back over the counter and out of reach. Last thing he’d want to do is knock it down. Speaking of falling.

Are you going to be good tonight, Reyes? Or did you need me to call you a ride to get home later?