snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 0:48:09 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana b"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she's never exactly been one for dancing. it's not that she doesn't enjoy it, per say. it's more that she can't really dance? and yet, here she is, in the middle of an abandoned warehouse with too many people bumping into her and she's realizing that she's definitely out of her element.

she'll retreat from the crowded dance floor to linger by the bar, finally able to breathe once there's no longer bodies brushing up against her. it's understandable that some people might enjoy this sort of thing but her? definitely not. it's still curious as to why she even came. maybe to see what it's like or to enter the party stages of life she never got to as a teen. either way, this has definitely made one of the higher spots on her worst decisions list.

"um," she murmurs once she fills a seat recently vacated and the thrumming bass threatens to drown out her voice. the bartender glances at her anyway, expectant. he doesn't have all day, not when there's other customers already hollering for his attention. and so, she blurts out the first thing that comes to mind: "vodka, please."

he brings the drink over a moment later and she wastes no time in sipping at it. maybe the alcohol will dull her nerves enough for her to actually attempt dancing. or, perhaps not and she'll sit here for the rest of the night. either way, she swivels on the stool to observe the rest of the party. if someone approaches, she doesn't notice them. not yet, anyway.

open!
dance the night away prompt.

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana b] color: #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 9:12:20 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Stay low key— an impossible task for one of the most punchable faces in Hoenn.

That's why Fernando goes through the effort of giving himself a facelift. Basic brown contacts dull any noteworthy features from his eyes. His hair is slick backwards with designer wax, meant to hold while retaining a natural look, perfect for the basic fuck boy comb over that seem predominate among those present. A decent application of makeup, light foundation done by someone much better than himself, completes the look that makes him almost unrecognizable at a distance. The ingrained default look Fernando wears day in and day out helps make the distinction bolder.

All this in order to sneak into a night club he has no desire of partaking in. Naturally, Fernando's here for only one thing: a mission. He has no clue if they're here but it's the best lead that he has. Crossing through the sea of people proves more troublesome than first imagined. Although everyone keeps to themselves, those who've had a bit too much to drink have no regard for their personal space, bumping into him wildly as he tries to navigate to the other side of the bar.

Finding a spot between belligerent patrons looking to remain steadfast while sobering up proves difficult. Only by change does he sneak in between Illeana and someone else, subconsciously drawn to her due to her lack of extravagance. The bartender returns with her drink and that's when Fernando places his own order, "Tequila, wells, and a lemon drop."

He's much too sober to survive this atmosphere so he doubles down on his order, double-fisting with whatever garbage tequila they have under the bar with a mixed shot to chase it with. This whole exchange is a dead give away for Illeana if she can hear him through the constant blaring. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter. Fernando scours the place one more time, starting with where he's sitting. It's impossible to miss her.

"Reyes?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
you caged me and then you called me crazy; i am what i am 'cause you trained me.
awards
4,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 18:20:33 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]in the dim light of a night club, fernando silph would normally stick out. tonight is different, however. he's almost unrecognizable. she doesn't even catch on right away that it's him nestled at the bar beside her. not until he speaks, until he makes his presence known. and by then, she's jumping at the use of her last name, as if it's a wild concept in and of itself to have someone in this crowd notice her.

her head whips toward him, eyes widening a moment later. recognition settles not just at his features but at the sound of his voice. parted lips settle into a small smile and she has to lean a little closer to be heard over the music.

"what a surprise, councilman," she didn't expect to see him here. actually, would anyone really expect fernando to be in a place like this? the same could be said of her and so she doesn't touch upon it. instead, she smiles a little wider before raising her drink to finish it off. it burns as it goes down and with it, her nerves lessen.

illeana glances away from him toward the dance floor, the shift in song capturing her attention for a moment. it's one she sort of recognizes. not enough to trot out there but enough to lightly tap a high heel against the ground. her eyes return a moment later, along with a question. "are you here for business?"

[newclass=.illeana] text-align: justify; text-transform: lowercase; font-size: 12px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.illeana i] text-decoration: underline dotted #E37474; font-size: 13px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 20:17:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Indeed. The surprise is mutual. Someone as soft-spoken as Illeana has no place in a setting that requires someone to meld into the crowd's energy. But, before Fernando can commit to that generalization, he remembers what she wore during the Littleroot contest. Perhaps there's more to her than he knows. Either way, her reason isn't the same as his — because it can't be.

In a smooth, practiced motion, Fernando throws back the tequila, wincing as he brings the glass rim up against his tongue, slipping in the slice of Lum the moment he's cleaned the salt off the edge. The fruit bursts upon his bite, immediately spat back into the glass as he uses the much tamer Lemon Drop as a mouth wash. The tequila never has a chance to linger, glasses returned to the counter as he orders two sets.

Having someone who recognizes him so easily changes thing drastically. Even if he ended up snitching on himself, continuing out with this stakeout proves too treacherous. So, he turns the tables back onto the most left field variable he's faced in weeks.

"Something like that. I guess my disguise isn't that good." A simple order means that turnaround time is quick. Fernando hands the bartender his credit card, setting himself up for failure with an open tab. "Never thought you'd end up at a place like this, Reyes."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 20:43:32 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]she does nothing more than simply observe him for a moment. the way he holds himself, the way he finishes off both drinks in motions that are too fluid to not be molded. and in the dim light of the night club, he almost looks less unapproachable and more human. it's odd, really, to see him in such a light. and maybe it's the alcohol she's using as a crutch against anxieties or the sole purpose of having a good time tonight but she's actually glad she ran into him.

her own empty glass is discarded on the bar, slid back toward the bartender as he comes to collect fernando's. she doesn't order another just yet, instead turning back toward him as he signals for more.

"i mean, i didn't recognize you until you called my name," she lets out a laugh, as if the thought that his voice is the most recognizable thing about him right now is hilarious. his presence should be enough of an indicator and yet, it wasn't. the focus shifts, however, and he's turning tables on her before she can fully notice. her eyes dart toward the dancing mass of bodies and then back to him. a tapping foot increases slightly, whether by the pulsing beat or the urge to move is undetermined.

he's right, though. she normally wouldn't end up in a place like this. it's out of character for her but the sudden onslaught of desire to get out and focus on something other than work was too overwhelming to ignore. besides, she's never really done this before. it's new and exciting and she'd be lying if she said she didn't want to experience it all.

"me either," she finally agrees, smile holding firm. "but i wanted to see what the fuss is about." a half truth, maybe. she doesn't dwell on it for long. instead, the curl of her lips almost turns into the ghost of teasing. "you can call me illeana, you know. we're not in the office." something tells her he won't let go of formalities, not even in the middle of a night club.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 21:08:44 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Oh." The revelation that everything would have worked just fine if he had kept his mouth shut is both discouraging and validating. That means that his handiwork had been excellent, enough to blind in with ease. However, he's ruined tonight due to his own mistakes. What a slip up.

Her own answer is puzzling though. Not because he doesn't understand her but because he refuses to accept her implication. "This is not your first time doing this." Even Fernando's been dragged out into the club scene before. But just because the scenery changes doesn't mean that he will. Some things hold strong, such as his fondness for surnames. He chooses to ignore her comment for now, smiling as he's given four shots.

That's a tequila and lemon drop each.

They don't even take it but Fernando raises his fingers to motion for more. "Four Vegas Bombs."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 0:55:03 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the implication she lays out should leave her flustered or embarrassed. it doesn't. instead, she tilts her head back slightly, laughter bubbling out to be half drowned out by music. he says it so matter of fact, as if the concept of her never experiencing a night club until now should be fiction instead of fact. and yet, she's about to prove him wrong.

there's no hesitation when she nods. the smile widens and with it, a faint flush spreads across her cheeks. "it is," she confirms. no sense in lying about it, right? besides, she's not a good liar. not in the slightest. he'd pick apart each and every lie she could ever tell, that much she has come to understand. for all his possible faults, fernando silph is observant and clever. it lends itself to business and most days, she sees the same traits in alex too.

"is that hard to believe?" she never thought it could be but looks can be deceiving, maybe. there is the outfit she wore for littleroot, after all. that, alone, betrays her innocent exterior just enough to show a different facet of herself. the shots come and she can't help the wary look she wears. two for each of them and he's already ordering more?

illeana's perhaps too quick to grab her respective shots, too quick to wrap her fingers around them and hold each one out for a toast. she's all smiles where she probably shouldn't be. "cheers!" the tequila is the first to go, bitter and too much for her to handle. like fernando had done earlier, she washes it down with the lemon drop too quickly. damn, she'll be feeling that in no time.

and once the shot glasses are abandoned on the bar does she fix him with a curious look and a slight tilt of her head. "just how many shots are we doing...?" he isn't trying to get her drunk, right? unless he wants to have to carry her back to her house, she hopes not. for his sake, anyway.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 2:14:34 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Well, that changes some things. Fernando still refuses to believe it but he'll at least entertain the idea that Illeana has never graduated from being a child. The amount of sheltering that goes into this girl does well in explaining her personality. Or maybe its her meekness that causes her to miss out of what life has to offer.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter. It's not worth this time to dissect the personality and biography of someone so safeguarded. Instead, this is an opportunity to loosen her up. There is more to the world than sunshine and sparkles. Perhaps debauchery will cultivate her eventual realization that the world can be fun yet grim. There's no better stimulant then being let down amidst the throes of a good time.

"For your age, yes."

He's seen it unfold and now he uses it to stimulate her growth.

Their glasses touch and Fernando follows her lead. He watches her drink it, confirming that she takes the shot whole, before gulping his down as well. At least she catches on quick. The tequila is always the worst part but it's a useful crutch.

"As many as you can handle." He pauses, "Don't tell me this is your first time drinking 'drinking' too."

He divvies up the shots; three for himself, one for her, reading the reluctance from her question.

"There's a science to this," he explains, holding his hand slightly above his head as if to demonstrate a peak. "You want to hit your sweet spot — enough to feel good and cut loose without losing control — and coast from there." He brings his other hand to eye level, showing the gap between them and slowly lowering it so show how their drunkenness will taper off.

"Start with a good amount of hard liquor to start, let it sit until you feel it, and then take a shot occasionally as needed. The safer option is beer but it'll leave you bloated. Remember, liquor before beer and you're in the clear. Beer into liquor leaves you sicker."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 2:36:55 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"well, you have a point there." twenty two, almost twenty three, and barely experiencing all that life has to offer. a little sad, really, but no time like the present? she sees it as an experiment, trial and error until she finds what she enjoys. maybe it'll be drinking and maybe dancing or maybe nothing more than letting loose for once. and wouldn't that be a sight to see?

the clinking of glasses tries to echo in her ears but it becomes white noise to music. funny, it sounds better the longer she sits here, the longer she entertains him.

"oh, that won't be too many, then." if there's one thing she doesn't have, it's a tolerance for alcohol. her cheeks flush a little deeper, his comment hitting a mild nerve. she's quick to lay his comment to rest, to refute it with a wave of a hand. "no, i'm not that lame." she is but at least she's familiar with drinking. his kind of drinking is different than stormy's, however. where stormy and her share wine, he seems more of a down the hatch and go kind of man. funny enough, she's not complaining when he divides the shots between them.

a science to it. that earns another laugh, as if everything can be stripped down to scientific fact alone. this is no different, as he begins to explain. she stays quiet, watching while he gestures for easier absorbing of the materials he's presenting. it isn't until his final bit of knowledge on the matter that she chooses to speak up.

"so," she drawls, slowly reaching for her shot. "basically drink enough to be fun but not enough to be messy?" she puts it into simpler terms than she should but the point is still relatively the same. there's a pause, almost like consideration where she glances down at the drink in her hand. and then, she smiles before knocking this one back in a similar manner to the first.

somehow, it's a little better than the tequila. by now, she's at least comfortable enough to move, slightly swaying to whatever beat happens to be playing.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 2:54:53 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Fernando nods at her question, taking his first shot immediately. Only after he swallows does he give her a verbal response. "A little messy is okay. Just as long as you're coherent. Go too far and you'll lose control of your body or even worse, black out." And, while Hoenn has many different types of drinks, no one wants to be a . Where she may beat him in sheer volume, the repercussions of her talents exact a price that she always regrets in the morning.

Her pause is long enough for Fernando to match her, nodding in accordance as they throw their glasses back. "You want move to something that has caffeine. It'll help keep you awake so you don't burn out too quickly." Vegas Bombs are sweeter than what he's used to but the energy drink base proves too valuable to pass up. Fernando looks to his last shot and then back at her.

"You done or you got room for one more. We can split, I'll take whatever you can't."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 3:09:12 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]messy is okay, blacking out is not. right, that's a thing huh? truthfully it's never happened to her but maybe that's in part to knowing when to stop. it's funny, that moment always comes with the first wave of nausea. right now, she's comfortable and loosening up yet still maintaining her wits. how long can that last, though?

"how does one not black out?" she's curious about the whole thing, really. does anyone even notice when they go too far? or is it more of a waking up the next morning completely confused and drawing a blank? "is it as simple as stopping when you're comfortable?" or does the urge to keep going persist? it's present now, lingering in the back of her mind.

ah yes, caffeine. her favorite. while she prefers her caffeine in the form of iced coffee with extra liquid sugar, these vegas bombs aren't half bad. sweet enough to satisfy her and apparently carrying added perks with an energy drink base. "is this the only one that has caffeine in it? it's kinda good, honestly," she smiles a little wider, as if content to be knocking these back for the night.

perhaps he already knew that, however, as he glances between the last shot and her.

and maybe it's her willingness to impress or to not come across as weak as she normally is but she nods, barely there confidence put on display. "i can do another," she murmurs. a pause follows before she's adding, "unless you wanted it?" he is, after all, paying for these drinks.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 3:21:56 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Don't drink too much or too fast. Once you drink a certain amount, you'll get uncomfortable. Keep pushing past that and you'll end up in a bad spot. Drink too fast and your body will never get the chance to warn you with the nausea. It feels like you want to throw up but you still have the ability to stop yourself."

Yeah. So she lied. Her curiosity reveals an ignorance that Fernando can only perceive as dishonestly. Their definition may differ but even then he doubts her. Just how green is she?

"This is the only one I know by name. You can just ask them for a cocktail that uses Red Tauros and you'll be fine."

Her hesitance to take it causes him to scoff. He pushes it toward her, frowning. "If you want it, take it. I wouldn't offer if I wasn't willing to give it up. If you want something, take it."

And mostly because he can always order more. Actually, that doesn't sound like a bad idea. Fernando nests his elbows against the counter, waving both his fingers in a small salute to the bartender, a subtle gesture that causes him to wait much longer than he should.

Sweating over one shot at a club or bar is unheard of. Another one sits between his fingers, ready to match.

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 3:36:20 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]"i see," she murmurs. it's a lot of information to retain and along the way, she'll lose track of one or two of the things he mentions. for now, she tries to tuck it away as important things to keep in mind while drinking. and yeah, his experience compared to hers is a massive difference but this isn't her first rodeo. it's her third, actually, as far as alcohol is concerned. still learning it would seem.

"maybe it'd taste good with vodka," she muses, glancing toward the bar. there's other options that are probably better suited to be paired with red tauros but her mind is drawing a blank on just how many there are. a personal favorite is coconut rum but after trying and failing to build a tolerance with that, she's had enough to last the rest of the year.

the shot is pushed toward her and she stares down at it for a moment. hesitant, even despite his insistence. it fades after a moment, the concept of taking what she wants lingering in its place. "okay," her fingers reach for the glass to pull it closer. she doesn't knock it back. not yet, not when he doesn't have one of his own. politeness and all, right?

it isn't long before he's ready to match. and by then, she's about done with waiting anyway. her smile is a little fuzzier at the edges but just as content. illeana mirrors the actions of the previous shots: raising her glass to his and then tipping it back in one fluid motion. it's discarded like the others and she's leaning toward him, an elbow settling onto the bar with her cheek resting on the back of her hand a moment later. "another?" her eyes shift for a moment to the dance floor as if halfway between envious and curious. "or maybe dancing?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 3:50:25 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]One for one.

Somehow, Fernando's coerced her into diving off the deep end. She ends up drinking more than he initially bargained for, undoubtedly challenged by both his obvious and not so obvious cues. It's like a business deal with . As long as he prods in the right direction, he can get her coiled around his finger.

The question of another shot comes up and he laughs at her audacity. Placing the back of his hand against her cheek, he uses the heat of her flush as a judgement of how fall she's fallen. "You're good for now. Let it settle for a bit. Remember, pace yourself."

The alternative is something Fernando prefers to avoid but he considers her experience.

Nightclub? Nope.

Drinking? Nah.

So what is Fernando suppose to surmise when she suggests venturing out into the crowd. Absolutely nothing. Illeana is testing the waters of an ocean she knows nothing about. Her innate curiosity dares her to go beyond the shore and Fernando's indifferent about her safety. Instead, he turns on his heel, scouring through the bodies to see if his target is within sight.

His eyes narrow in concentration, failing him as he starts to feel the first shot kicking in.

Fuck.

There's no hope in pursuing his mission any further. He'll eat the loss and reflect on it tomorrow after his hangover.

So what now?

He smiles, trying to contain his laughter.

"If you want something, take it."

close tab

played by

nikki

illie, sap sipper
she/her
september 23rd
snowpoint city, sinnoh
bi curious
geneticist
head professor
who are we
to fight the alchemy?
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,106 posts
part of
TAG WITH @illeana
illeana reyes
lost in stereo [o]
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 18:21:00 GMT
illeana reyes Avatar
[attr="class","illeana"]
[attr="class","illeana i"]the sound of his laughter confuses her. did she say something funny? or is it mocking? she can't tell and her mouth opens to ask but no words come out. instead, a squeak escapes when the back of his hand presses against her cheek. heat pools further in her skin and she's feeling flushed by the sudden spike in body heat. "you can tell just by feeling my cheek?" neat trick, really. a laugh escapes and really, she can't say she doesn't agree with him. her mind is fuzzier than it had been when she started off. less jumbled but more hazy, like a soft fog settling over her senses.

when he turns on his heel to survey the masses, illeana takes the opportunity to glance toward the dance floor. it really does look like fun, honestly. losing yourself to the beat of a good song, letting the music take over. she'd like to try it but the obvious notion that she'll look like a complete buffoon keeps her in place for now.

at least, it would until he turns back to her. she's not sure what compels her to move first, the smile or the encouragement.

"fine," she murmurs, rising from the seat she had been occupying for too long with her head held high. it's almost confident, enough for her to flash a grin at him. "i will."

she doesn't wait for him. instead, she steps away toward the dance floor, the mixture of alcohol and music carrying her into the fray. and by the time she enters the crowd, she's already moving, already all hips and no hesitation.