8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNWIND
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 8:10:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]RAIN DANCE.

Fernando's combination of Azumarill, Quagsire, Sobble, and Heliolisk are enough to make rain clouds condense on command. Despite their presence, the sun remains vigilant, piercing through them with an intensity that leaves the street bright amidst the summer afternoon while the downpour COOLS OFF anyone swept away in the sudden weather change.

Numerous children line the entrance of the League office. Most of them are here to play with the off duty Pokemon. Fernando contributes several dozen of his own, giving them to chance to partake in something other than battling and training. Only the most docile of his Pokemon are allowed to participate, well aware of the consequences is they step out of line. For most, the Pokemon consist of the usual suspects.

However, several strong and otherwise unruly Pokemon find themselves taking the chance to relax. Their owner surveys the scenery with a mild scoff. Guess the community event is considered a success?

@maddonis

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
UNWIND
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 9:43:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
the change in weather was alarming, until he realized it was just the work of a group of water pokemon. he was there to spy, as he was new, and his face wasn’t terribly recognizable yet. he kept his eyes peeled, his heart racing, not for fear, but for excitement that he might turn a corner and run into his brother at any moment. he was there alone. there was no telling what might happen to him if he were to be caught, but his sense of reason had left him a while ago. he was obsessed by his goal.

he looked out at the children playing, devicing a plan in his head on how he might inconspicuously enter the building. he looked convincingly at ease in the open. his gaze continued to travel, until it landed on none other than fernando silph. his guard briefly fell. he didn’t want to be CAUGHT STARING with nothing to say, so he tried to put on his best act. the veil over his shock was still hopelessly thin. “fernando.” he forced a grin, despite his panic. “it’s been a while.” it’d been years since he’d seen him. once upon a time, growing up, they’d been decent friends. strange how things panned out. they never knew some of the differences of their families, evidently. and as of yet, silph presumably was still unaware of his loyalty to team rocket. he preferred to keep it that way.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNWIND
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 20:46:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Ah."

Who was this? Once upon a time, Fernando would've known the answer like the back of his hand. His upbringing to act as the head of Silph meant knowing who's who among the upper echelon. However, much has changed since his move into politics. His focus is on Hoenn and his job saturates his memory with the names and faces of people who remain irrelevant.

All that Fernando recognizes is that Maddonis' face is familiar — that he should know him. Unfortunately, that's not enough to make things less than awkward. So, he pioneers around it with a casual approach. "It's you," is his attempt at placating the other, bright smile and all. "It's been a while."

Keep it vague until he can learn the other's name. Then own the fact that he's known all along.

"How have you been?"

@maddonis

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
UNWIND
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 21:29:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
fernando echoed him and despite his own convincing expression, there was an awkwardness that hung over them a moment. then, a generic, predictable question. they were ‘catching up’ now. “oh,” he started. “well, my mother and father died, and then daga decided to disappear kind of.. inexplicably.” he looked around a moment, seeming to survey the fun happenings. he seemed unaffected by his own dark updates, still smiling, fake as fuck. “this is fun.” he tried, genuinely, to manifest that.

this was the first time he’d smiled in a while really, and regardless of how ingenuine it was, it felt nice to use the muscles. he’d become so icy. REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD, after all.

“and what about you, fernando? how’s the silph dynasty holding up?” he turned the questions on him, away from rocket, away from the league, to the thing that they could still relate on: money.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNWIND
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 21:51:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]What the fuckkkkk.

Who opens with that?

Thankfully, Fernando gives zero fucks about anyone that isn't himself. He doesn't so much as flinch at the news. With a calculated act, he purposefully frowns, playing the long game, "Sorry to hear that. My condolences." The sudden shift in mood doesn't help either. Everything about this scream unnatural and Fernando makes a mental note to find the first excuse to escape.

"I'm in the same boat." He's not sure how long ago he's met Maddonis, so this could all be old news, but at least he can use that as a point for sympathy. "You're looking at Silph Dynasty. Which isn't saying much these days, haha."

@maddonis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
UNWIND
POSTED ON Aug 19, 2020 22:38:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
maddonis had no use or desire for condolences. he said nothing.

recalling back, maddonis had briefly heard about something happening in the silph family, but he’d never investigated. seeing the man in front of him made him curious. “your parents.. ?” he did sympathize for a moment. while he was numb to his own trauma at the time, he had a deep understanding of the strange sensation of such a close loss.

“what happened?” it was maybe a bold question to ask, and perhaps he wouldn’t have if he’d realized fernando still didn’t recognize him. also, there was a tone in his voice that was strange for him. his blue eyes asked ’ARE YOU OKAY?’ and it was uncharacteristic. perhaps even more bizarre to someone who didn't remember him, he had a look of someone who had known his parents. feeling himself soften, he checked himself. they hadn’t known one another in a long time, and silph was now the enemy.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNWIND
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 2:35:16 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Oh. Team Rocket. A testament to worse times and the lessons we can learn from them."

Fernando has no sympathy for his biological family. His involvement was instrumental to their demise, yet his image says otherwise. He still visits their graves on occasion, sworn to take that secret along with him. But all this talk about the past proves too depressing for a scenic sports outing.

The clouds start to dissipate, overpowered by the natural summer weather, but the drizzle continues to sprinkle onto laughing children and Pokemon.

"And create a better world for those that come after us."

@maddonis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
UNWIND
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 3:00:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
upon hearing the cause, maddonis felt himself choke a bit, but he let fernando carry on without interrupting. he did note that his old friend seemed utterly unaffected. curious.

“well, aren’t you impressive, now. big dreams and everything.” a bit snarky, if it hadn’t been for some genuine affection in his smile. “i am sorry to hear about your loss.” better not to act totally indifferent to team rocket’s cruelty. it would be less suspicious to act soft.

he waited a moment, recalling something pleasant. “do you remember the parties at all? such a simpler time.” the sun peeked out. cute.

short post is short

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,740 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
UNWIND
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 3:31:01 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"It helps me stay positive," he answers with an airy laugh. The small semblance of comfort Maddonis tries to extend is taken with an appreciative nod. "Thank you. It was hard at first but the world moves on."

Fernando holds his head back high, looking at the sky to measure the changing weather. "Indeed. I miss them." Another lie, another effortless concealment.

They're more alike than they'll ever know.

@maddonis

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
UNWIND
POSTED ON Aug 20, 2020 4:03:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
“i think i know what you mean.” well, positive wasn’t the right word. his anger kept him going. he at least knew what it was like to be driven to go on by a feeling despite suffering significant damage. indeed, the world did move on, always.

the corners of his mouth twitched again, touched, fooled. then, silence. “well, i best be off. i have a meeting to attend to with an old friend.” he nodded, trying to sound matter-of-fact. there was some semblance of truth to his words if you looked hard enough. with that, he pulled a door open behind them and disappeared into the enemy's lair. he'd be going straight down the hall and out the back door to escape. his nerves were shot. fuck this.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,835 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
UNWIND
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 21:15:07 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@maddonis