November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
Be silent or let thy words be worth more than silence.
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
Evening Party Time [Bingo]
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 5:50:27 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

Another evening, another party. She should have expected the tropical region of Hoenn to quite enjoy their summer parties, and yet somehow it surprised her regardless. Perhaps it was the way everyone seemed so comfortable with just letting loose and having fun, or perhaps the way everyone just seemed so casual with one another. Even those who didn't know each other still seemed to act like they were chums. Although, that might have been due to some of the alcohol being sold at the bar rather than an innate trait to Hoenn itself.

Regardless, she couldn't help but smile as she glanced across the beach. Looked like quite a few people were playing various games amongst the dying sun. One of which seemed to have a group of, what she could only assume to be drunken men, chanting sports, sports, sports over and over again as they watched a few of the games go down. Seemed like to her that they had one glass too many.

However, she wasn't necessarily here to play games or go crazy. Tonight was her night to just simply relax and actually enjoy what Hoenn had to offer. The stars slowly revealing themselves one by one, the lovely music in the background, it was quite wonderful, despite the occasional annoyance. Perhaps sitting on the beach alone might have given her more time to think, but sometimes it was nice to just see people living life, knowing that it was moments like these that made everything else worth fighting for.

Notes: Dancing the Night Away Bingo prompt.

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #B8D9EC; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 5:58:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she needed a day off.

and with fernando on a vacation, she was more or less swamped with the minor work that he's usually told her her deal with, or quickly dealt with himself. she knows better than to call him during his trip, and she doesn't want to intrude (in fear of angering him, but that was most likely due to the air of authority he had that exuded from his person). a beach party was something that she chose to invite herself to, after seeing flyers advertising for it.

unfortunately, once again, her partner refused to leave the house. he almost stopped her from leaving, too, until he picked up a call from a friend so that they could go.. make big money together (she knows he takes her money, gambling it away with the promise of a better future). she doesn't try to stop him.

instead, she just wanted to have fun. so at the party, as she walks, she sees a young girl who seemed to be hanging around alone. it.. was an odd sight, to say the least. young trainers like her would have at least come with a few number of friends, she would think. surely, the little girl couldn't be any older than the average high schooler, could she?

either way, there was no one ophelia could bring herself to speak to. that, and perhaps some new company would help her feel more at ease in such an unfamiliar region.

she approaches the young girl, parasol resting against her arm in fear that sun tanning would quickly turn to sun burning, what with her snowy pale complexion as the result of albinism. "excuse me," she starts, leaning forwards and resting a hand against her knees. she offers a warm smile. "it's not often you see someone else alone at a party. it's reassuring.. since.. i ended up coming alone, too."

she laughs it off in the form of a soft giggle, trying to break the ice with a bit of self depreciating humour.

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 6:09:37 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Ruby was surprised to find herself approached by someone, partially expecting that she would have gone the whole night in silence on her own part. However, she quickly realized how lucky she was. She could have gotten some of the drunken men with their shirts off over there trying to flirt with her... Yeah, no this was definitely better. Someone else who also came alone to the party, and potentially equally as socially awkward as she was.

She was quick to give the woman a soft smile, noticing just how pale she truly was. Was that why she carried the parasol around, despite it almost being truly night? Regardless, Ruby finally spoke up. "It's not, is it?" She chuckled quietly, smiling a bit wider to hopefully put the seemingly anxious woman at ease.

"I suppose I'm just... I don't know." She admitted, shrugging a little bit as her eyes briefly glanced out across the crowd for a moment before returning to the woman. "People watching, I guess. Helps me feel a little bit more at ease, just watching others have fun, you know?"

She blinked, only to quickly follow herself up before her rhetorical question could be answered. "Oh, uh, the name's Ruby, Ma'am. And you?"

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #B8D9EC; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 6:20:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
lord knows that she dreads to imagine being approached by men with their shirts off, likely due to the heat, and try to get her to take hers off. gods forbid, lest she burn under the sun.

at the very least, the young girl didn't look too anxious in her presence. and so, ophelia offers her a more cheerful smile while lowering herself down onto the sand, sitting crosslegged by the teen. "that's true," she can relate. so long as her partner was satisfied, she couldn't find any other joy in the world (even when he's lost his definition of joy a long time ago). "it's a very noble thing of you to say, especially being as young as you are."

and out of habit, she tents her fingers over her chest as she hums to herself, looking out to the gradually revealing stars that blanket over the skies.

with a question posed, she glances over to ruby then gives a soft giggle, holding a hand out for a shake. "it's ophelia. no need to be so formal, ruby." she tilts her head forwards. it wasn't good to be so nervous as such a young age.

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 6:36:07 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

As the woman sat down, Ruby decided she might as well do the same. She slowly sat onto the ground beside her, continuing to smile. She didn't expect to make a friend out here today, but judging by the way things were going, that might as well become the case. She didn't quite understand what was so noble about simply people watching, but she wasn't going to deny the compliment.

When Ophelia finally introduced herself, Ruby reached over to shake her hand in response, only to softly chuckle at her statement. "Apologies. I've been... brushing up against a lot of important people lately, I suppose. They just seem to gravitate to me." Especially in Slateport, but there was no reason to specifically go out of her way to mention that.

Her eyes drifted up to the stars as well, unable to help but smile softly as the sun set and more and more became visible. It seemed like people were just going around lighting up the place a bit more, be it from candles, campfires, or proper lighting, the whole place almost felt surreal. Something out of some teen summer flick.

Finally looking back over at Ophelia, Ruby continued to speak with that calm voice of hers, apparently not much for talking loudly. "And what are you doing out here alone, if you don't mind me asking?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 7:10:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
a shame that she was alone.
she was talking about ruby, of course.

she's a young girl, with many experiences she'll have to enjoy. from what she's heard, and the events that she assumes that ruby's had to work through, the months have forced her to mature and grow at a quicker rate. or she was always like this, and she was really worrying over nothing. assuming that there was something to worry about to begin with.

"it's alright." she reassures her, eventually bringing her knees up to press against her chest, in favour of letting her rest her arms on top of her legs. "initially, i wanted to enjoy a vacation with my boyfriend." she mulls it over, then sighing softly and giving a slightly defeated smile. "unfortunately, work called him in last minute. he still insisted that i come and enjoy myself, though."

it was a lie. a lie between her teeth, but a good lie nonetheless. the slight, sentimental air around her quickly shifts into a brighter smile as music began blasting louder.

"... why don't we dance? the night is still young~"

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 7:27:23 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Ruby had to pause as she listened to her speak, watching her arms crossing over her legs. That wasn't the sound, or the look, of someone who was happy about being alone, no matter what that smile said. Who was working at this hour? That they couldn't do anything together? It was honestly a bit upsetting to see.

Despite that, it was painfully obvious to her that Ophelia was trying her best to remain upbeat about the situation, however, especially as she quickly switched into a brighter smile. What Ruby was not prepared for, however, was the offer to dance. She blinked and then blinked again in total shock. "Sorry, what? Dance?"

Her last attempts at dancing were almost a year ago by now, back when she danced with during the Aurorus Ball. Regardless, despite her nerves, how could she refuse? This woman definitely deserved to have a wonderful night, and who knows? Maybe it could be fun.

With a quiet laugh, Ruby finally stood up to her feet and idly brushed some of the sand off of her as she spoke again. "You know? Why not? Just uh, know that I'm not a very good dancer. I tend to have two left feet, just so you know."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 7:41:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she smiles.

it's better to dance the night away, rather than wallow in otherwise not.. fond thoughts. it was a shame if they wasted the party sitting around the majority of the time: after all, they could have plenty of time stargazing after working up a sweat and getting some non-alcoholic punch later on. with a chime, ophelia stands up, brushing sand off her legs while leading ruby over to the floor.

"in that case, let's go~" and she wastes no time in getting closer to the crowd, yet not right up to them. she didn't like the feeling of having other bodies possibly touch her, after all. "i'm no good at dancing either, but it's fun to just move around with the music~" she chimes, following suit.

with small movements, first, of course. it was simple swaying in place to the beat, moving to gently taking ruby's hands to have them harmlessly raise ad rock about in front of her. "it's easy, though. just small movements like these~"

close tab

played by

Magnere

The Saint of Slateport
She/Her
November 23
Outside Ballonlea
Bisexual
Trainer
Sergeant
Single
320 height
320 height
awards
635 posts
Ruby Walker DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ruby
Ruby Walker
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 10:31:18 GMT
Ruby Walker Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Was this actually dancing? This felt more like awkwardly moving to the music in a way that was just, well, awkward. She could understand classical dances like the waltz and the tango, but this was completely foreign to her. Regardless, she certainly gave it her best, in a cutesy, nervous kind of way. She gripped her hands in return, swaying back and forth slowly.

"S-so... Do you dance often? I mean, I know you said you weren't good at it, but that doesn't mean you don't enjoy it." She laughed nervously, trying hard not to make a fool of herself. At the very least, this was better than awkwardly attempting to ignore the people asking to buy her a drink, like the last party she went to. That was even more awkward than this could ever be.

Regardless, despite her nerves, a soft smile began to spread across her face. Perhaps this was the start of a wonderful night. Her eyes briefly glanced up at the stars up above as the sun finally and truly set. What a beautiful night, hopefully, it stayed this lovely.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 17:32:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
everyone had to start somewhere, and it just so happened that awkward dancing was square one. the way ruby danced was, in its own way, endearing to see. she was like a baby pokemon who was trying to figure out where she was.

still, ophelia tries to encourage her while leading her with simple movements. "i don't dance often, no. but it's a fun hobby when i do have the time~" if her job permits it. nowadays, she rarely had the time to do what she likes - between her partner nagging her for money and her job still demanding her time.

the night was still glorious as ever, while the two of them danced around and about like two rigid beans on the sides. still, she pays no mind to how ridiculous they may have looked and had her own fun with the music. in an attempt to ease ruby, she gives a warm smile. "just focus on me, don't worry."

maybe then the eyes of others would fade into obscurity.
even if for the moment, because the worries and stress had faded long into the music.

end

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,806 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 20:34:10 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: