white palms, baking powder [m][o]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 21, 2020 22:31:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
vacation was for people who worked. people like him, now. maddonis was a greenhorn in the world of labor and self-sufficiency. the idea of being given an opportunity to relax and do whatever he liked as respite just seemed like briefly going back to normal life for him. only, with less butlers. it didn’t keep him from ordering his pokemon around.

“bitxilore?” he called pretentiously. the pokemon looked up, an impossibly dull expression in her gemstone eyes. “be a dear and fetch me the remote.” the pokemon toddled across the room and brought a rather sleek looking device back to her master. he took it and moments later, the sound of symphony music played from high-end speakers on the far side of the room, tilted in towards his regal looking chair, a refurbished piece hundreds of years old — not unlike its companion pieces about the room. this was the vacation home. it was extremely gaudy for a beach HOUSE on the SEASHORE, but who would have expected less from the glosse family?

the doorbell rang and he set aside a cocktail on a high glass end table. “let them in.” he called to no one in particular, and seconds later, the door swung open by the hand of wartortle. he looked up at the guest curiously. maddonis had hired someone to teach him to cook, because he’d never held a skillet in his life, and he had tired of eating frozen peasant food.

'vacation time' mission, open to one league or rocket

close tab

played by

sulfur

the flurry
she/her/hers
september 19
ringtown
pansexual
hitman
elite
it’s all winter here, even in august
awards
188 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mcflurry
mclaren mcflurry
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 4:26:40 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

Normal ain't normal,
𝐎 𝐑 𝐃 𝐈 𝐍 𝐀 𝐑 𝐘 is a luxury
If you wanna understand,
you stand 𝐔 𝐍 𝐃 𝐄 𝐑

[ copypaste error occured, and a new post was overwritten over the old post. in essence:

mcflurry enters, bringing groceries. she notes maddonis's wealth at a glance.

mcflurry introduces herself and explains her verbal tic. she then asks maddonis to help her unpack the groceries, which turn out to be ingredients for pasta.

mcflurry then explains that they're going to be cooking pasta in fiorelian/italian. ]
@maddonis ● tommytoes

[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2020 9:15:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
wartortle gave mclaren a good-natured greeting at the door, grinning cluelessly as it stood in her way, and moving to the side only as bags swelled in the doorway against its face.

maddonis had gotten up and topped off his gin, letting his hired company find their way in. he heard her voice before he saw her, and, hopefully, before she saw him. he cleared his throat and flushed the bewilderment from his face with professional ease before turning into sight. “thankyou.” he nodded firmly, his lips pressed together in a smile that could only be described as polite. he had decided he’d act like he hadn’t noticed. and then, it kept mchappening.

when she addressed it, he sighed lightly. “oh, don’t apologize, you are who you are.” a quip that could be taken a number of ways, and his face didn’t reveal many clues.

his brow furrowed a little at her command to help, as though he’d already forgotten what he was paying her for. checking himself, he then went to do as he was told. when she spoke again in a different language, he simply stared at her and took a sip from his glass. most of the words were familiar, but he had no idea how to answer the question. he opted to not say anything further than a 'hm' and not his head.

after staring a moment longer, “do you drink?” he went to grab a glass.

close tab

played by

sulfur

the flurry
she/her/hers
september 19
ringtown
pansexual
hitman
elite
awards
188 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mcflurry
mclaren mcflurry
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 1:11:50 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

Normal ain't normal,
If you wanna understand,
you stand 𝐔 𝐍 𝐃 𝐄 𝐑

"yeah, but, mm. you should -- you should stay a lil' sober to mclearn this."

an obvious thing to point out. not that she didn't like a drink while she was cooking -- in fact, she did that pretty often. but teaching and learning was something that should be done while not plastered, she'd learnt in the past.

mcflurry went rifling and clattering through maddonis's cabinets, grabbing whatever she could in terms of necessary pots, skillets, cutlery, cutting boards, the sort. soon enough, his center counter was completely covered in measured out water, oil, and ingredients.

as mcflurry turned her back to him to roll up her sleeves and wash her hands, she immediately started drilling him.

"you gotta... you gotta do everything i do for the mccooking process. you make sure you have mceverything you need for the mcrecipe in one place -- that's called mise en place. and you mcwash your hands no matter what."

and then mcflurry's arms flexed in a rare moment of attractiveness as she grabbed a pot full of water, lifting it and setting it on the stove.

"mmkay. pop mcquiz. how do you boil water?"
@maddonis ● literally step 1 in the process

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 3:31:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
maddonis eyed her, his eyes narrowing briefly before he reset the glass in the cupboard and walked back over to the counter, begrudgingly obediant. killjoy.

his eyes went a little wide at the chaotic rifling. honestly, he hadn’t dug that deep in his cabinets since he’d been there. there was no telling what was lurking. he watched her set out the mise en place, taking note.

he nodded, trying his best to take on a studious attitude, and went to wash his hands after she’d finished. he dried them carefully on a soft white towel near the sink, turned, and watched her set the pot on the stove. he noticed the flex in her muscles. while maddonis had always had good muscle tone, he’d never been particularly strong — he’d never done hard labor, and he didn’t like sweating. rocket would no doubt check him and whip him into shape.

the question seemed silly to him, before he realized he’d never boiled water on a stove before, and he was basing his answer purely on an assumption. “turn the heat on?” he responded, and the amount of uncertainty in his voice was embarrassing. suddenly, spaghetti seemed like a complicated masterpiece. BARBEQUE would feel like rocket science.

close tab

played by

sulfur

the flurry
she/her/hers
september 19
ringtown
pansexual
hitman
elite
awards
188 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mcflurry
mclaren mcflurry
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 22:29:15 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

Normal ain't normal,
If you wanna understand,
you stand 𝐔 𝐍 𝐃 𝐄 𝐑

mcflurry was a patient teacher, luckily. there wasn't an iota of judgment in her body as he answered dumbly.

"w-well, yeah, but it's -- you turn the heat medium-high until you're at mcboiling point."

with that, mcflurry started the fire, putting it at a higher temperature. she quickly grabbed a good amount of salt and dropped it into the pot before putting a lid on it.

"once you're boiling, you put it on mclow to keep it there without, -- without burning shit."

mcflurry made eye contact with maddonis for a brief moment as she unwrapped several vegetables and cans and shakers. onions and garlic, salt and pepper, tomato sauces.

"we're, uh. doing mcspaghetti first."

with that, she slid maddonis the box of garlic cloves, and then a hammer.

"smash -- smash those mcgarlic cloves flat for me and we'll start working on, on sauce."

mcflurry herself was already peeling into an onion, a knife at her side. it was obvious she planned on cutting into it.
@maddonis ● time to cry through biochemical means

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 26, 2020 1:38:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
maddonis smiled, pleased with himself for answering the question kind of correctly, even if it was lacking the important details.

he went to work on cutting. he was admittedly having fun now. upon the first drop of the hammer, a garlic clove shot like a bullet across the room and onto the floor. he looked at her briefly out of the corner of his eye to gauge her reaction, and then opted to leave it on the ground and try again.

as mcflurry was cutting the onion, his eyes began stinging fiercely. although he had heard of onions making people cry, he wasn’t familiar with this phenomenon.

“oh, that’s miserable he complained, tears welling. he went to wipe his eyes, only to rub them with garlic hands and immediately panic. “fuck!” it wasn’t often that he cursed, but it just kind of came out. he went to the sink, urgently flushing his eyes. cooking was tough.

close tab

played by

sulfur

the flurry
she/her/hers
september 19
ringtown
pansexual
hitman
elite
awards
188 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mcflurry
mclaren mcflurry
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2020 16:34:33 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

Normal ain't normal,
If you wanna understand,
you stand 𝐔 𝐍 𝐃 𝐄 𝐑

the ingredients promptly exploded out of maddonis's hands like a bad cartoon, and then he got onions in his eyes, and then he got garlic in his eyes...

as maddonis went to go wash his eyes out, mcflurry finished up the onions and went to go finish the garlic on her own.

"you've, uh. never mccooked, have you? not even once?"

mcflurry sighed, smashing through a clove of garlic and moving onto the next. she was... well, concerned. she'd never seen a rich boy get so affected like that.

well, they were human too. mcflurry patted his back and gave him a smile over his shoulder.

"if you -- if you want, you can just mcwatch and, uh, take notes. we can get mcpractical next, next time."
@maddonis ● she's fairly nice

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Aug 29, 2020 7:56:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar
he sighed. was it that obvious? he crossed his arms, glowering at her for her accuracy. “i typically eat out.” he responded evenly, not willing to admit the correctness of her suspicion, but also not denying it.

cornflower eyes fell to her hands as she finished up, although he was more so dwelling on her question than paying attention. unfortunately, it was unlikely that these thoughts were enlightening questions of self-reflection. “great.” he said shortly, not making eye contact.

in a moment, he dropped his arms and left the room, returning with the glass of gin and giving her challenging eyes that read ‘fuck with me’ as he took a sip of it, sliding into a barstool at the island. he sat it down and then weaved his fingers together on the marble surface, giving her his best impression of studiousness and watching her expectantly. “carry on.”

feel free to hit him with a frying pan
close tab

played by

sulfur

the flurry
she/her/hers
september 19
ringtown
pansexual
hitman
elite
awards
188 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mcflurry
mclaren mcflurry
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2020 12:35:23 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

Normal ain't normal,
If you wanna understand,
you stand 𝐔 𝐍 𝐃 𝐄 𝐑

mcflurry's lips thin and she loses her bravado like a thrown rock loses altitude. ah. she'd just said something discouraging or bad or -- hm. not good...

however, experience has taught her that trying to salvage this situation with humor or encouragement or whatever just made it worse. so she doesn't.

instead, she just follows the recipe, trying to angle herself so that maddonis sees. it's one of her old roommates' recipes -- janine, in her third year of college -- which she learned a long time ago, in her twenties.

at the very least, it seems like he's paying attention. so she finishes with the garlic and onions and tosses them in the oiled pan to saute, while the spaghetti goes into the boiling water. her hands flow, press, click like a well-oiled machine.

"so you, ah. when you put your mcvegetables in a pan to mcsimmer like that, it's called, mm. sauteing."

mcflurry continues to work silently, pulling out the can opener.

"why, uh. why do you want to... mccook? i'd think..."

the rest goes unsaid as the top pops off.
@maddonis ● tommytoes

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2020 3:53:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar

he watched her hands carefully, and then his eyes lingered on her face for a moment. the way she fell silent almost made him feel almost… bad.

it was for this reason that he decided to then level with her, when she asked about his desire to cook. it wasn’t often that he’d expose his weaknesses voluntarily, but she’d already seen him cry onion tears and be frantic.

“i grew up rich.” big surprise.“i always had someone else to take care of things like this for me.” his eyes stayed on the pan. “after i left my family’s estate in sinnoh, i quickly realized i needed to learn how to be more self-sufficient.” he sipped his gin.

close tab

played by

sulfur

the flurry
she/her/hers
september 19
ringtown
pansexual
hitman
elite
awards
188 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mcflurry
mclaren mcflurry
POSTED ON Sept 7, 2020 15:45:31 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

Normal ain't normal,
If you wanna understand,
you stand 𝐔 𝐍 𝐃 𝐄 𝐑

"well. you're — you're one of the smarter rich people, mmc."

mcflurry's mind is filled with ideas of kids who scream and whine about wrong-colored sports cars and reality tv stars and ridiculous posts on the internet.

"the mcworld could use more people like, uh, you. not everyone's willing to mclearn something new..."

she trailed off, before noting the color of her onions and garlic by now. nodding to herself, mcflurry dumped in the tomato sauce and tomato paste, letting it sizzle as it hit the pan.

"you can, uh. use however much mcsauce you want. i use half a can. but remember to stir or it mcburns."
@maddonis  

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2020 4:10:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar

one of the smart rich people? maddonis smirked, feeling as though he was sensing a chip on her shoulder. poverty made people so bitter.

the snark cleared from his brain momentarily at her compliment, and he was left silent, regarding her with a stare. the woman was unbendingly nice, but he supposed most people were when he was paying them.

quickly tiring of craning his head, maddonis pushed out of his seat, cocktail glass still in manicured hand, and made his way to the stove beside her, back then leaning against the counter as he looked into the pan and then sipped his gin.

“how long have you been cooking?” watching her stir, paying attention to the frequency. a wartortle and sableye ran in one doorway and out the other, chasing one another. maddonis paid them no mind.

close tab

played by

sulfur

the flurry
she/her/hers
september 19
ringtown
pansexual
hitman
elite
awards
188 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mcflurry
mclaren mcflurry
POSTED ON Sept 11, 2020 20:35:03 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

Normal ain't normal,
If you wanna understand,
you stand 𝐔 𝐍 𝐃 𝐄 𝐑

mcflurry shrugged, taking a set of tongs and stirring the noodles, feeling them out, seeing how long they needed to cook. the rich man looking over her shoulder only bothered her a little.

"for as long as — as long as i've mcleft the house. i, uh, i guess..." mcflurry trailed off, turning around and grabbing the ground beef and just dumping all of it in the tomato sauce, breaking it apart with her spoon, "twelve — twelve years, then?"

mcflurry shrugged, before reaching around maddonis, sliding an arm around his side to grab the salt and pepper behind him. ...unfortunately, this also caused some unwarranted bodily contact, something that mcflurry didn't notice or even think about until the deed was done.

"— ah. you're mcthere. oops?"

she gave a nervous laugh, before turning away a moment too quickly, dumping in her salt and pepper.
@maddonis  

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,230 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2020 21:40:28 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: