awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 20:41:46 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 still and unblinking, dominic thinks he catches it, like something had fractured for just a heartbeat. he wants to reach further, to pry marcel's cards from his hands.

"must be nice," he adds in a murmur and with nonchalant ease, as though it's an afterthought. his smile is something wistful but the glint in his eyes if anything but.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 20:56:52 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","darkKcontain"]
[attr="class","darkKheader"]
[attr="class","darkKteam"]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]there are too many papers in front of him and too few hours left of the night for marcel to be having this conversation. "must be," he repeats, tightly. at the end of his search, he pulls out his phone, making a note to be safe.
[break][break]
the stack spills as he reaches for the next read. only slightly. marcel reserves the look he would have liked to give dominic for the next document, masking it as concentration.
[break][break]
[attr="class","darkKdivide"]
[break]

[attr="class","darkKnotes"]notes ...

[break]
[attr="class","darkKtag"]

[newclass=.darkKcontain]width:375px;height:auto;border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKheader]width:375px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKteam]width:auto;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.8;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:25px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread a]text-transform:lowercase;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag a]font-weight:600!important;font-size:6px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKdivide]margin-top:5px;width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKnotes]margin-top:5px;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
become as fire, eat the woods. eat the dark and show where i stood
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 6:50:14 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 a sense of satisfaction wells in the back of dominic's throat and he has to briefly bite back a smile at marcel's expense. he's just pleased the man is occupied with the documents and doesn’t see this shift in his expression. dominic half-heartedly flicks through some pages to veil the fact that his gaze is still primarily locked on marcel.

"alright, maeda," he says after a few moments, his voice dropped to a murmur. eyes alight, dominic leans forward with feigned interest.

"i don’t believe for a minute that a man like you has no one. who are you hiding from me?"

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 8:01:43 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]marcel lets the silence stretch before ultimately deciding not to turn. taking a pen from the front pocket of his shirt, he draws a small star beside what seems like the most important paragraph that page.
[break][break]
"not hidden," he says, with surprising ease, "six feet under."

[break][break]
[break]

[break]

[newclass=.darkKheader]width:375px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKteam]width:auto;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.8;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:25px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag a]font-weight:600!important;font-size:6px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKdivide]margin-top:5px;width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 8:34:33 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 he figures marcel is trying to call his bluff, or otherwise dissuade him from getting what he wants. that's a challenge, and dominic isn't prepared to let up. his eyes narrow but his tone matches marcel's with its nonchalance.

"oh, not that one. i already know she's dead." dominic shuffles the papers around some more, studies one of the photographs taken from inside shoal cave after the articuno's departure just to do something. dominic lets a silence stretch for a few moments and with any luck, the admin will start to think he's safe.

"you'll have to try harder to get me to drop it, marcel." there's a lilt to his voice.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 8:50:34 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]the reaction is unexpected--but perhaps that in itself isn't a huge surprise. he'd expected too much from dominic. marcel bristles. "watch it, sinclair."
[break][break]
still, the lull allows him to return to working. marcel's still appreciating the silence when dominic pipes up again; finally, he turns his head.
[break][break]
"i don't see how it's any of your business," he returns, slapping the document in his hand down in front of dominic, nonsensical annotations and all. something to occupy him.
[break][break]
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 9:05:13 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 at that, dominic actually laughs; a short, low chuckle. at least it's the most genuine expression he had shown all night. his amusement fades, albeit briefly, when marcel unceremoniously hands him back an annotated file. dominic narrows his eyes at what had previously been walsh's immaculate copy but continues speaking when he realises absolutely none of this makes any sense to him anyway.

"you always get so immediately defensive, what am i supposed to think?" he parts his lips intending to continue, constructing a jab in his head about their colleague's propensity to string along affairs with high-ranking league officials. dominic thinks better of it and closes his mouth, fixing a smile back across his lips.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 9:29:05 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]his expression doesn't change in the face of dominic's laughter. marcel tries to figure out how it is they got here exactly; the downturn of his mouth presses further.
[break][break]
"drop it would be a good start."
[break][break]
his rotom-phone's with a couple taps against the table, the pokemon lining up with marcel's current page before taking a picture.
[break][break]
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 9:43:45 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 "but we've only just started getting somewhere," he says slowly. the expression on marcel's face only seems to encourage him.

after a moment of eyeing the rotom-phone with latent reservation, dominic jerks his head at the documents it had been photographing. "hey, that shit better not leave this fucking submarine, maeda," he adds sharply.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 9:59:11 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]"i know what i'm doing," he returns in a bored drawl. marcel knew how to guard his secrets. his rotom-phone goes to rest beside him, face-down, as he flicks through the last pages.
[break][break]
the next file drops in front of dominic with more force than intended.
[break][break]
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 10:11:21 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 the file lands in front of dominic and he stares at it for a second, blinking laconically. he scoffs and glances back to marcel, repositioning his body so that he can stare at him with burgeoning, if faux, disbelief. again, he rests his head on his hand.

"oh my god," he murmurs into his fingers. "you're sulking; i hit a nerve didn't i?"

this conversation, dominic decides, will be over on his terms, not marcel's.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 10:43:31 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]patience bleeds away through his fingers; marcel stares openly at dominic, his hand still outstretched.
[break][break]"don't be ridiculous."
[break][break]
he begins fixing the stack of papers from before. finally, he manages to bite out: "there's no one. happy?"
[break][break]
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 13:28:01 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic doesn't entirely believe him; the plain answer doesn't warrant the defensiveness nor the hostility. dominic fixes marcel with a contemplative stare, brow arched.

"that wasn't so hard, was it?" he drawls, watching him handle the papers. "but no, i'm not happy. that actually makes me... very sad for you." dominic doesn't even pretend to sound sad as the beginnings of a smirk quirk at the corners of his lips.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 16:54:36 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]marcel follows the edge of his smile to meet his eyes, narrowed gaze withering. his anger is quiet when he murmurs, "the fuck is your problem?"
[break][break]
dragging a document off the top of the stack, he slumps back into his chair. "it's not like you're any better off," he says as he turns the first page over.
[break][break]
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 17:23:22 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic doesn't quite manage to stifle his chuckle. he leans forward, both elbows on the table, eyes alight with mirth. he's given up on the multitude of documents spread out between them.

"please, marcel. i'm perfectly content," dominic practically purrs, something self-satisfied seeping into his smirk. his needs and wants, he suspects, are much simpler than maeda's.

"maybe you're just looking in the wrong places? why don't i introduce you to some friends next time we're in slateport."