marcel maeda
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 9:16:44 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","darkKcontain"]
[attr="class","darkKheader"]
[attr="class","darkKteam"]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]the presence of dominic sinclair becomes all the more conspicuous when there is no one else around. somehow, this feels like an invasion. the first and second times have him crawling back into himself, retreating to his loneliness; it is only on the third that he bothers to cross the distance. his footfall hardly sounds.
[break][break]
"the hell's walsh got you doing for you to be up this late?"
[break][break]
it's not his real question, but it'll do.
[break][break]
[attr="class","darkKdivide"]
[break]

[attr="class","darkKnotes"]notes ...

[break]
[attr="class","darkKtag"]

[newclass=.darkKcontain]width:375px;height:auto;border:none;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKheader]width:375px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKteam]width:auto;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.8;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:25px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread a]text-transform:lowercase;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag a]font-weight:600!important;font-size:6px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKdivide]margin-top:5px;width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKnotes]margin-top:5px;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
become as fire, eat the woods. eat the dark and show where i stood
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 15:29:53 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 in the cities, he could stumble from bar to club until the sun touched the horizon, he could lose his shadow either in the oppressive crush of hundreds of bodies or in the bottom of a glass. it’s not an option here and dominic thinks he’s starting to hate the submarine.

documents and dossiers are spread across the table in front of him, and he’s tracking lines across an eerily detailed blueprint of the weather institute when marcel approaches.

dominic glances up and actually manages to grin when he leans forward. his reply is a low, conspiratorial purr, "can you keep a secret?"

he doesn’t wait for an answer to his entirely rhetorical question as he leans back and spreads his fingers across the set of laid out materials. "we’re tracking civilians that might be avatars."

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 16:09:01 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]dominic's words are met with a noncommittal hum as his gaze sweeps the table. it takes a moment for marcel to catch up. he stills. "what?"
[break][break]marcel searches dominic's expression, waiting for the punch line; when it doesn't come, he grabs the nearest dossier off the table.
[break][break]
"i wasn't told about this," he mutters as he flicks it open.
[break][break]
[break]

[break]

[newclass=.darkKheader]width:375px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKteam]width:auto;height:23px;padding:8px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.8;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcelThread]width:315px;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:25px 30px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag]padding:5px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6px;color:#c2c2c2;text-transform:lowercase;letter-spacing:0.2px;border-radius:3px;font-weight:600;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKtag a]font-weight:600!important;font-size:6px!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.darkKdivide]margin-top:5px;width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 16:31:50 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic watches marcel take one of the files and doesn’t move to stop him, merely raising a single shoulder in a half-hearted shrug. with a sigh, he displaces an almost-overflowing ashtray to the side so that he could push a slightly thicker file toward marcel although he doesn’t immediately remove his hand, his gaze turning sharp and inscrutable.

"articuno has made public appearances twice and the… alolan ones are around too." rubbing his eyes with the heel of his palms, dominic suddenly feels very tired and he knows it’s not the complete absence of sleep.

"what, is this a surprise to you?"

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 23, 2020 17:21:13 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]"the appearances?" marcel waves the papers in his hand. "or this?" he doesn't plan on answering either; his gaze drops back down.
[break][break]
a quick skim tells him there's nothing he can't put off for later. he drops the file, reaching out for next as he blinks away his fatigue. this is a routine he's all too familiar with.
[break][break]
"why?" he asks, despite his suspicions, "you lonely?"
[break][break]
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 9:27:35 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 "both," he says after a moment, watching marcel through narrowed eyes. he hadn’t really expected an answer, and lets his hand drop from the next file; this one containing the reports taken from the weather institute tracking the modified weather patterns observed in the wake of articuno’s surfacing.

the follow-up question results in a grin twisting across dominic’s lips, not quite derisive, but still very close. "are you worried about me or something?" he counters, leaning forward slightly.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 9:53:29 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]the sound of papers fill the gap; for a moment, that is all there is. marcel finds himself reaching for a coffee cup that isn't there, redirecting his hand to the next dossier. he's not entirely surprised when he opens it to a picture of a vaguely familiar field. his eyes linger on the flowers awhile.
[break][break]
"of course," he replies flatly. not in the way dominic was implying. "what do you plan to do with the avatars?"
[break][break]
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 17:29:41 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 for a flicker of a moment, dominic has half a mind to snatch the documents from marcel’s hands.

"are you worried about them too, or do you have some ideas to suggest?" dominic drawls, resting his elbow on the table and propping his chin under curled fingers. "walsh’s door is open, and i’m all yours."

dominic doesn’t think about how there are any number of people within the league who would seek him out the same way, but he knows enough to realise that the league’s concepts of jurisdiction, probable cause and warrant to use force are as malleable as his.

his policy remains the same; shoot for them before they shoot for you.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 18:13:58 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]"no." to both. "just curious." he can make assumptions, piece together the puzzle, but marcel always prefers surety. it helps to know his distrust is not misplaced--perhaps it's a comfort.
[break][break]
eventually, he takes a chair: the furthest possible seat from dominic. "struck lucky yet?"
[break][break]
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 18:53:36 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 dominic quirks his brow but doesn't comment on marcel joining him at the table. he's thankful, he supposes, for a live person to look at other than walsh.

"maybe, hard to say," he says, raising a single shoulder in a shrug. he stares at marcel for a long moment before speaking again.

"isn't tracking this shit your thing?"

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 19:06:10 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]the pages turn. "maybe," he echoes, "but i haven't been looking." there's something in his voice that suggests dominic should follow suit.
[break][break]
marcel flicks back to the field; the memory of pink smoke filters through his thoughts. with any luck, he's created a dead end. tossing the folder onto the table, he reaches for the previous one again.
[break][break]
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 19:50:14 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 his eyes narrow but dominic doesn't comment; reading the inference behind marcel's words is a refined skill, and even still he can't always pinpoint what he's actually trying to say.

"no time to start like the present," he mutters, jerking his head at the stacks of pages. "unless you're going to pass out on me."

dominic's hand reaches for the folder marcel had discarded, but his scrutinising gaze remains fixed on the man.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 20:03:56 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]he takes a cluster of documents with his free hand, keeping the dossier open beside him. "can't, don't worry." he'll let dominic take what he wants from that.
[break][break]
marcel covers his mouth on a yawn. "why the hell are you doing this now, anyway?" he flicks absently at the corner of a page as he makes note of its number. "it can wait til morning."
[break][break]
[break]

[break]

close tab

played by

lyre

sinclair
he / him
twenty-eight
january 4
saffron, kanto
heterosexual
underboss
executive
awards
518 posts
part of
TAG WITH @dominic
dominic sinclair
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 20:16:21 GMT
dominic sinclair Avatar
 "unlike your favourite underboss," dominic begins, his brief sneer practically audible in the half-hearted mockery. "i don't have anyone here to put me to bed."

he had the benefit of walsh telling him about some of the side-effects of avatarship, and sleeplessness, he found, was only a boon when he had the benefit of being ashore. marcel didn't have the same excuse; dominic almost feels a twinge of something that he can't put a name to, but perhaps the closest word is pity.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
regress [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 20:30:49 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","marcelThread"]his fingers twitch, though the paper doesn't crease. marcel's eyes narrow for a brief moment before he begins to rub at them. "that so?" he says, a strained undercurrent to his lethargy.
[break][break]
irritation is enough to wipe his memory clean. the flutter of turning pages turns sharp as he looks for that same page again.
[break][break]
[break]

[break]