thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,836 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
XD001 [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 3:21:52 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kgcontain"]
[attr="class","kgheader"]
[attr="class","teamg"]

[attr="class","kgthread"][attr="class","rocket"]

Of late, there has been little time to catch up with his former colleagues in Rocket's scientific endeavors. With his own promotion and the change of management that had followed after, he's found himself busier than ever.[break][break]

Some matters, however, cannot wait.[break][break]

Head Scientist had been his boss, once: he retains a level of respect for her that surpasses the baseline he has for any individual in the pursuit of knowledge. Trust was a tricky word, especially among the ranks of Rocket. Truly, he trusted only and . In earning his respect, however, Eva had secured the closest thing. It's why he's willing to meet her in one of her secret labs in the bowels of Slateport with no support but that of his Pokemon — including the one whose prison was a noticeable weight at his side.[break][break]

He's dying for a smoke as he waits for her return, but won't upset the sterility of a lab.

[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]
[attr="class","notes"]notes: ...

[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kgcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kgheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.teamg]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kgthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:10px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:5pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Vibe

Pandora
She/Her/Hers
Kalos
Rocket Scientist
Head Scientist
147 height
147 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
216 posts
Eva Dumont DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eva
Eva Dumont
XD001 [c]
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 20:49:10 GMT
Eva Dumont Avatar
Eva returned to the room with a tablet in hand, her eyes glued to it and nothing else. With the change of leadership, the Shadow Lugia project, Guzzlord, and the countless other responsibilities on her plate, Eva had been extremely busy that a meeting like this would not have been possible before.

Even now there were still things leftover she had to clean up before things would go back to a relatively normal pace which is why she was glued to a screen. Though shortly after entering the room she lowered the device and looked over to Gavin.

It wasn’t a surprise that he’d want to speak with her given what he had just recently been granted ownership over. She and Circe had worked tirelessly getting Shadow Lugia under control so she had quite the investment in nothing going awry with the shadow legendary.

”What’d you want to talk about, Gavin?”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,836 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
XD001 [c]
POSTED ON Aug 27, 2020 21:34:45 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-gv]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

"Lugia, naturally."[break][break]

Gavin is relieved upon her return, conversation allowing him to shift his focus away from the cravings that claw through his thoughts. He should never have started smoking again; he'd forgotten just how infuriating it was.[break][break]

The underboss produces the beast ball from his belt, adjusted enough to its weight that it now rests comfortably in his grip.[break][break]

"I understand you and are responsible for restoring it to... acceptable conditions." From the reports he'd since heard, it had been through immense suffering at the hands of the Nihilego. "Therefore, I would assume you understand its limitations more than most. I am doing what I can to learn of them myself."

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-gvcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .accentbg"]background: #646E83;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .accentborder"]border-color: #646E83;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a, .punkianger-gv .bulk b, .punkianger-gv .bulk i, .punkianger-gvcredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image"]background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/Cr9yhqZ.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #212121; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #1a1a1a; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #1a1a1a; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 50px; text-align: justified; text-transform: uppercase; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gvcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gvcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Vibe

Pandora
She/Her/Hers
Kalos
Rocket Scientist
Head Scientist
147 height
147 height
awards
216 posts
Eva Dumont DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eva
Eva Dumont
XD001 [c]
POSTED ON Aug 31, 2020 19:46:18 GMT
Eva Dumont Avatar
She had expected the conversation to be about Lugia so the expression on her face had not changed when Gavin began to explain what had brought him here. What did however turn her curious look into one of confusion was when he asked about limitations.

She would’ve assumed he’d be more interested in a variety of different things about it before asking about limitations, which sounded vague to her.

”Alright that's simple enough, I can help with that. Our objective when dealing with Shadow Lugia was getting it under control so it wasn't exactly as much of a comprehensive study on the creature as we would've liked so our data might not have all the answers that you'd like.” She would've liked to have more time with it than they had but there was a job that had to be done.

Her eyes would then move back to the tablet that she held, pulling up files on Shadow Lugia.

”So is there somewhere specific that you'd want to start with on its “limitations”? Combat capabilities? Obedience? Wingspan?“

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,836 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
XD001 [c]
POSTED ON Sept 4, 2020 11:06:03 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

"I had figured as much." Gavin's expression is one of intensity and focus; as a former colleague, Eva would no doubt recognize the burn of excitement in his eyes. It's been a while since he's been able to discuss a scientific marvel such as this. "Anything you could provide would be most appreciated, and of course I'd be willing to subject it to further tests with your assistance."[break][break]

He knew how it felt to obsess over a subject only to have it ripped from the lab and placed with another agent; there was never enough time.[break][break]

"Were you able to measure its wingspan?" He's curious, brows arched, but shakes his head as if reminding himself to focus. "Its health is my primary concern; it appears stable in its current state, but what did it take for you to get it to such a point? Could those methods be pressed further?"

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a, .punkianger-gv .bulk b, .punkianger-gv .bulk i, .punkianger-gvcredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image"]background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/Cr9yhqZ.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #212121; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #1a1a1a; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #1a1a1a; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 50px; text-align: justified; text-transform: uppercase; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gvcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Vibe

Pandora
She/Her/Hers
Kalos
Rocket Scientist
Head Scientist
147 height
147 height
awards
216 posts
Eva Dumont DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eva
Eva Dumont
XD001 [c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2020 21:09:21 GMT
Eva Dumont Avatar
”Well whenever you feel like running tests let me know in advance and I can set the lab up for it.” Eva responded, eyes focusing on the screen she held in her hands. After working on it for a few more moments she’d finally raise her head and look to Gavin, a brow raised.

”Circe had been working with the technology within the helmet of a synthetic Pokémon.” Eva began to explain, pulling up an image of said Pokémon and showing it to the underboss.

”This helmet is what allows people to control the otherwise unruly Pokémon. So we worked with that s a basis to create a device that would allow us to temper the creature’s rage and bloodlust thus making it more docile….comparatively speaking of course” She’d pull the screen back and work on it some more before asking the underboss a question.

”We could possibly continue this sort of therapy, I doubt that it would be effective, however. But I have to ask why? Are you having issues controlling it?”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,836 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
XD001 [c]
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2020 21:36:44 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

Gavin surveys the image with undisguised interest. "What a curious creature. Did we make it?" She'd called it synthetic, but he couldn't remember Rocket creating anything aside from the marvel that dwelled in the armory.[break][break]

Something sharp claws at him when Eva inquires after his control over Lugia.[break][break]

"No, not at all." He is careful not to defend himself too quickly. Always careful, like walking on a bed of nails. "Whatever you've done, it's worked. I'm concerned most for its mental state. It would be a shame for a creature of such brilliant potential to have its mind decay any further. Some of Rocket," and he doesn't mention by name, but it's her who comes to mind, "venerate Lugia. I can't help but to wonder what it was like before."[break][break]

Such was the trouble with science: there were always more questions.

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Vibe

Pandora
She/Her/Hers
Kalos
Rocket Scientist
Head Scientist
147 height
147 height
awards
216 posts
Eva Dumont DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eva
Eva Dumont
XD001 [c]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2020 18:38:17 GMT
Eva Dumont Avatar
”No we did not but after enough time with the creature we might be able to find a way to create our own.” Eva responded. It was a topic for another time and as of right there wasn’t much to even discuss given the limited data she had on hand.

Gavin’s concern had the merit to it, this Shadow Lugia was unlike any shadow Pokémon before it and its violent disposition was greatly intensified because of it.

She didn’t know what good came from venerating a Pokémon but she respected his curiosity but there was a bit of a problem.

”Given how we came to have Lugia in our possession I am afraid I can’t give you much of an answer.” Eva replied.

”The creature was already in a state of distress and agitation and the experiments that followed were about shadowfication so studying how the creature was in its natural state was not a high priority.” She’d further explain.

”The best I’d say you can use to glean that sort of information is whatever fairytales people have about the creature, maybe there’s some truth to it.” The scientist would shrug, not really believing in what she just said.

”Regardless its mental stability should be fine but if you do find yourself noticing any sort of decay or loss of control let me or Circe know and we can correct it.”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,836 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
XD001 [c]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2020 16:34:37 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

"Mm, do let me know if you make headway. I'd be interested in contributing in whatever way I can." His position in Rocket left him with less and less time for scientific pursuits, but it remained a strong passion.[break][break]

Gavin laughs at the thought of fairy-tales, a dry sound indicative of his feelings.[break][break]

"Well, I've heard that a single flap of its wings can cause a forty day storm, but I was most disappointed to find otherwise." There's humour in his tone. He put more stock in proven result than myth and legend. "I'll continue to experiment and pass on my findings."[break][break]

Eva mentions corrections, and he cants his head.[break][break]

"Correct, you say. Can the process be reversed?"

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Vibe

Pandora
She/Her/Hers
Kalos
Rocket Scientist
Head Scientist
147 height
147 height
awards
216 posts
Eva Dumont DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eva
Eva Dumont
XD001 [c]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2020 21:05:24 GMT
Eva Dumont Avatar
”I’ll be sure to keep you informed should anything come up.” Eva replied. She’d shake her head as Gavin went on and explained to her one of those myths people would regurgitate thoughtless, finding the statement to be utterly ridiculous.

”Please do and let me know if it ever does cause that forty-day storm.” It seemed that their business was done but his follow-up question had Eva pause for a moment.

She thought about it for a moment before her eyes turned to the underboss.

”Perhaps if this was a normal shadowfication there might be some possible way of reversing the process.” Eva began, pulling up the data on Shadow Lugia via her tablet.

”But given the extent of this one and the physical altercation to the Pokémon’s physical form the state suggests that this form is permanent.” She then begins to further explain, a hand rubbing her chin as a part of her mind stayed focus on mulling over the idea of complete reversion.

”What I meant was that you can simply bringing the Shadow Lugia in and undergoing further tests and experiments to make it more obedient through the device I mentioned before. This should only be necessary if it truly goes out of control.”

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,836 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
XD001 [c]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 11:25:37 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

"I'll keep you posted," he vows, smirking.[break][break]

Gavin's not sure whether to be relieved or disappointed by her assessment of Lugia's condition. On one hand, a form of permanent shadow meant that its power and aggression would continue to benefit him, and those around him could not fault him for it. On the other, he worried for the mental health of the legendary under his care. Its suffering, at least, should be kept to a minimum.[break][break]

"It could be interesting to look into reversion regardless," he muses, "to correct those shadow Pokemon whose altered state is too far gone to be beneficial to us. Might be an alternative to putting them down."[break][break]

He makes a mental note to look into it more.[break][break]

"Then I think I've borrowed enough of your time. I'll keep a detailed report of my findings." A pause, then, "Thank you."

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki