Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,471 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
Loot and Plunder (Mission)
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 22:41:45 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

When Thomas had gotten the news that pirates managed to kidnap passengers of a yacht earlier, he flew like a wingull into action. The news was that they had fled to the outskirts of Dewford Town, where they were no doubt keeping the prisoners for ransom. The Kalosian would make his way over, first on the back of his Hydreigon, to cover the majority of the distance, before landing away from Dewford, where the pirates would not see him coming, and took a boat the rest of the way, docking a good distance away from where they had been spotted.

Thomas wasn't alone in this, as , Hoenn's newest Gym Leader, was also alerted to the kidnapping and ransoming. He didn't know how she planned on making her entrance, but all he could hope was that she didn't give herself away, and raise the alarms of the pirates in the process.

tags:
notes: Like a Wingull :D

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 22:55:13 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar
I want you to know
I'm a mirrorball I'll show you every version of yourself
tonight ❥
[attr="class","katherine"]
The honeymoon phase was over, and Mauville's new gym leader was already having some second thoughts about her position. Fucking hell. Why did Walsh not tell her that a part of her job will be to just... Help people like some wanna-be hero?

She should have known this, that's why he didn't tell her. It was a given and she was a fool to forget about the other responsibilities gym leaders often had.

She prepared herself for this trip by first starting with a groan, and then collecting a bag and a couple of pokeballs to along with it. Considering that there was another gym leader being sent along with her, she was certain that this wouldn't be too much of a problem.

Much like on a different occasion where Katherine had to work alongside to deal with pirates, she's also hanging on the back of her Lapras's shell in the water. A mist that certainly didn't fit the current season was expelled in preparation by the water-type, concealing their location.

A Claydol levitated in the air to her right, also concealed by the same mist. Its psychic abilities allowed it to identify how many people were around in the immediate area, including the stolen ship, and Thomas himself.

template by rem of WW

[googlefont=Dancing Script]
[newclass=.katherine b]color: #a552bb[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,471 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 23:06:17 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas would eventually arrive at a vantage point. Quietly, he would send out Thread, his trusty Galvantula, to watch his back while he peered over at where the pirates were down below. Using a spyglass, he would begin to count the number of pirates patrolling the area, the Pokemon they were using, and where the hostages were, if they were in sight. He would spot about ten men patrolling the outside. Two ships, the hijacked yacht, and a second ship, most likely the one used by the pirates, were docked nearby. And in the center of the 'camp' was a single seashore house, their current base of operations.

If he had to wager a guess, the hostages were either being kept inside of their yacht, or inside of the shack. Either way, there would be more pirates inside of the house, and inside of the yacht. He would spot an eleventh one stumbling out of the yacht, having clearly helped himself to some of the liquor provided.

Before he'd act, he'd wait to either hear word from his partner, or wait for her to spring. But seeing the strange mist on the horizon told him that she was probably using it as cover while she got into position. Her Claydol would detect a Clawitzer swimming through the waters nearby, though a friendly one. Having been deployed on Thomas' boat trip earlier, it was patrolling the area, before getting into position to act as a sniper.

tags:
notes: Just some recon.

Also Seashore House

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 23:16:00 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
The Claydol's many eyes serve to point Katherine in the direction in which she needs to look at.

It looked towards the water, and she manages to barely spot the Clawitzer. And due to the fact that her psychic-type had no intention of harming it, she safely assumed that it belonged to the other gym leader who was already here.

"Lapis, keep the mist coming. We'll head inside soon."

It's unnatural, and the pirates seem to take note of that as it slowly begins to spread into their ships. A couple of them yell at the hostages, blaming them for the strange occurrence and how it must be their fault. Unfortunately, Katherine knows little of the risks she's putting those innocent people through. She isn't there to observe the ongoing situation, and frankly, she's operating as she would have if this was her job to handle.

You know, as a rocket.

"Teleport away, Grimoire. Be back after Lapis is finished singing."

The Claydol does exactly that, and with a flicker of a pink light - it transports itself elsewhere, far enough to avoid the incoming PERISH SONG that Lapis sings once they're near the ship. A pair of pirates who happened to stand close enough manage to overhear the singing as planned, and they're lulled into sleep easily. Katherine avoids such a fate by plugging her ears with her fingers.

Two down, only nine more to go.

She doesn't stop to question where is her mission partner.

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,471 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 23:30:35 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

As the pirates took notice to the mist, gaining their attention, Thomas and Thread would press up, using whatever cover they could make due with in the process. Thankfully, their entry was undetected. Thomas would spot one pirate storming into the shack to yell at the hostages in a rage. Meanwhile, two pirates at the shoreline drop, prompting Thomas to quicken his pace, with Thread moving ahead of him.

On their way up, the Galvantula would spot a guard moving towards them. Quickly, he would bring him down with a blast of Electroweb, before dragging him off behind some crates, binding him with String Shot to keep him out of the way. Thomas would manage to sneak up on another guard, and when the moment was right, kicked his legs out from under him, before putting him into a chokehold, pinning one of his arms to his neck in the process, as he dragged him behind the boxes. Once he was out, Thomas would bind his hands with zip ties.

Meanwhile, Colt had gotten into his position, taking aim at the ship the pirates were using.

tags:
notes: Two down, seven to go

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Aug 24, 2020 23:46:22 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
Claydol makes its return, and his pink light is enough of a tell for Katherine to know that she doesn't need to shield her ears anymore. "Take us there." She points to the same section of the ship where no other pirate was visible, thanks to the effort of her other pokemon.

Speaking of which, once they're up there, Lapras is recalled to spare him the unfortunate fainting that each PERISH SONG promised. He is replaced with a shiny Aegislash who takes position in front of Katherine, ready to serve and protect her should it come down to it.

And lo and behold, it happens. A second pair of pirates arrives to check up on their friends, but they are both dispatched by the swift movement of the ghost-type's shadow. It sneaks up on them from behind, sending them flying towards one of the ship's walls - resulting in both of them falling to the ground, defeated and unable to call for help.

However, it does produce a loud enough sound to stir more stress in the minds of the remaining pirates. Slowly but surely, Thomas and Katherine were closing in on them from two separate directions.

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,471 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 0:05:54 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thanks to the noise that Katherine was making, the attention of the pirates was drawn towards the ship, rather than the cabin. As a group of three approached the ship to investigate the disturbance, two remained inside to guard the hostages, getting more irate as the moments went on, terrorizing their captives inside. Thomas used the opportunity to move in close, sending out his Pangoro, and motioning him to move towards the wall of the cabin to breach. Meanwhile, he'd press up against the door, holding his Alakazam's Pokeball.

Colt would fire off a Water Pulse at the smaller ship the pirates used, punching a hole through it. In that moment, Brutus the Pangoro would smash through the wall of the shack, while Thomas cracked open the door, tossing in his Alakazam's Pokeball, deploying the Psychic-type like a grenade. The pirate closest to the Pangoro would be grabbed, and violently thrashed around the room, while Freke would grab the second one in a Psychic hold, and throw him into the ceiling, before letting him hit the ground with a thud, both men being rendered unconscious.

Thomas rushed in, checking his corners, along with Brutus and Freke to check for any further hostiles, before cutting the hostages free of their bonds. "Are you okay?", he'd ask them as he cut them loose. Brutus would break down a door, revealing where they had stashed their Pokeballs, as well as other belongings.

tags:
notes: Are you okay?

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 0:32:00 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
The trio of pirates that make their way towards where Katherine stood are quick to act.

Their Mightyenas run towards the gym leader and her Caliburn with the intent of HEAD BUTTING them together, but the Caliburn's swift KING'S SHIELD erects a barrier that none can penetrate. Claydol is the one to deal with them, firing off a simple PSYBEAM to knock them all off of the ship.

Katherine is less careful with her approach and the way she handles the situation, she'd only capture the pirates if the chance to do so arose. Otherwise, she simply intended to rescue the hostages and free the ship of the pirates' hold.

Whereas Thomas took care of the other things that surrounded them, such as the behavior of the hostages and the other ship that belonged to the pirates, Katherine's sole goal was to maintain order on the ship and clean it free of criminals.

The only one who shall remain on the deck with a thief's heart will be her.

And once that is done and she confirms that they're alone, Claydol leads the way towards the room where the hostages were being freed, and Thomas waited.

"Ah, hey. There you are." She spares a glance at those around, noticing the worry in some of these people's expressions, "Uhm... I am guessing everyone's alright then, yeah? I have a Blissey who can help with healing someone, if that's needed."

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
awards
2,471 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 0:42:59 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

With the pirates taken down, and their hostages freed, Thomas waited to hear back from his partner. He was sure she could handle herself, given her position as a Gym Leader, but if she needed backup, his Galvantula and Clawitzer were outside, ready to back her up. Thankfully, she did indeed manage to deal with the last three pirates herself, before reconnecting with the Kalosian.

"Aside from chafing from their bonds, they weren't hurt.", he'd tell her. He'd then pull out a phone, calling the Dewford Rangers stationed nearby. "The area's secure. Pirates are down, and the hostages are safe.", he'd tell them.

-----

After the Rangers had mopped up the subdued pirates, Thomas grinned. He had been tempted to tell them to get out of his sight, but considering the distance between them, it would've been odd. "How'd you fair? Any trouble on your end?", he'd ask the new Gym Leader.

pscrVQEK

tags:
notes: Get Out of My Sight

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 0:59:15 GMT
I want you to know
tonight ❥
An easy job, all things considered. Katherine is used to trickery and lies, deceit coupled with violence that was ingrained into Rocket's roots. A gym leader, however, has none of these concerns.

Once again, she is only proven that the differences between the two sides were glaring. Day and night, one could say.

Everything came with ease to these league officials, she concluded. No wonder so many of them were as incompetent as a high school student - they never have to struggle. There is strength both in numbers and in unity, and she sees it now even more than before.

"Nope, none at all. I am sure we both could have handled this alone, but I guess they wanted us to be safe." Her shoulders roll backward into a shrug, "Thanks for, uhm, taking care of that." She glanced at the people he'd freed, pointing at them with her gaze alone.

"I don't like dealing with that part of our job. I am not very good at it." But she was willing to stay just long enough until the rangers arrive to take the responsibility away from her. It shouldn't take long, right?

SdBOQeOM

template by rem of WW

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,810 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Aug 25, 2020 1:31:15 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: