[c] sides of a coin

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[c] sides of a coin
POSTED ON Sept 2, 2020 22:04:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she didn't want to be here.

her hand was clutched close against a tightened chest. the air felt heavy; was it getting harder to breathe down here? she was searching for air, even when the submarine had no trouble supplying it for her. were it not for the fact she was walking down the hall here, she was going to feel herself hyperventilating. was everything really going to be okay? was she going to be okay?

all she was doing, was minding her own business. reintegrating herself with her work after being shot in the leg. she wasn't even scared of the fact that she was shot - she was scared of the sight of blood that followed afterwords. she can only imagine how much more blood would flow - would spill - if she angered the man on the other side of the door.

she brings her hands down, hugging her body at the thought. it was going to be okay, right? he wouldn't shoot her again.. right? she doesn't know. she's uncertain, and the uncertainty is what she fears the most.

the anxiety is about to consume her (drag her into the shark waters of paranoia, beckoning her closer to the maws of manic). the only thing that snaps her out is the moment of rationality, where she knocks her knuckles against the door. "e-excuse me..!" she quietly squeaks. the pit in her stomach makes her abdomen even more sore, cramping against itself.

she wanted to cry.

"i-it's o-olson..!"

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
[c] sides of a coin
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2020 14:30:33 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-gv]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

It had been days since the incident; days since the flood of anger through his veins had coalesced into a dull throb behind his rib cage, easy to ignore until the very moment he was left alone with his thoughts. What the fuck had they been thinking, letting someone so unhinged into Rocket's ranks? As a doctor, no less, where the blood she couldn't stand to witness was an all too common occurrence?[break][break]

The door to Gavin Merlino's office is an unyielding portal of steel. Wendy's knock goes unnoticed by the man drowning in his own thoughts, and her quiet introductions fail to penetrate the soundproof sanctuary of the underboss.[break][break]

On the desk, Gavin's phone lights up. A signal to his Rotom prompts the spirit possessing the device to read the text message aloud in robotic monotone: 'Olson's outside of your door, sir. Should I send her in?'[break][break]

Gavin replies with a simple affirmative, rubbing tired eyes and rolling back his shoulders to work some of the stiffness from his muscles. He composes himself in a matter of seconds until the man that greets Wendy Olson bears striking resemblance to the man who'd shot her: cold, detached, with a stern set to his jaw and that dull ache in his ribs throbbing in time with his pulse.[break][break]

"Close the door," he requests, "and sit."[break][break]

There's only one other chair in the room. As soon as the door clicks shut, a Klefki jingles its collection of keys and refreshes the FAIRY LOCK on the room.[break][break]

"How's your leg?" There's no mockery in his tone; he is carefully neutral.

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-gvcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .accentbg"]background: #646E83;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .accentborder"]border-color: #646E83;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a, .punkianger-gv .bulk b, .punkianger-gv .bulk i, .punkianger-gvcredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image"]background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/Cr9yhqZ.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #212121; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #1a1a1a; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #1a1a1a; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 50px; text-align: justified; text-transform: uppercase; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gvcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gvcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[c] sides of a coin
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2020 19:33:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
that's right.

she remembers, vaguely. she remembers the blood, she remembers the chat. she remembers a lot of things, but she doesn't quite remember what she's said. she remembers the pain in her leg, which was brought up shortly after the memory of the door locking shut behind her. she remembers it all too well (and she hopes that she'll never have to again; that she'll be able to laugh it of as but a figment of a shattered thought).

and this was reality: one where she knows she can't exactly escape. even if she wants to - even when she desperately hopes to - she knows she can't.

with a deep and shaky breath, she enters the room and closes the door behind her, just as asked. her pokemon were the only form of comfort and source of solace she had in the presence of this cold, terrifying man. "i-i'm sorry.." she apologizes for nothing in particular. for intruding? even though she was the one who was called here. for her nervous behaviour? anyones guess was better than hers.

she seats herself, hands in her lap as she tries to hide her anxiety (albeit, poorly). "m-my leg is doing better.." she had it patched up by others, only for the sake of not putting them through what happened only a few days ago. "i-is.. uhm.." she fumbles with her words, trying to find her question "mcflurry o-okay..?"

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
[c] sides of a coin
POSTED ON Sept 6, 2020 14:02:13 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

She's petrified.[break][break]

With the benefit of time and distance, in combination with Marcel's information, Gavin's perception of her terror shifts. He had, perhaps mistakenly, assumed her fear to be an act when she'd come to after passing out. He's not so quick to believe it isn't, but he trusted Marcel enough to reevaluate the situation.[break][break]

Wendy apologizes for nothing in particular, and Gavin doesn't respond. His eyes narrow at mention of Mcflurry.[break][break]

"No one's bothered to fill you in?" Had she asked? He shakes his head. "She's alive. And so are you — consider yourself lucky."[break][break]

Klefki's jingle joins in chorus with the rhythmic ticking of the analog clock above the door. The dual-type unlocks one of the desk drawers on some sort of silent signal from Gavin, who pulls a pack of cigarettes from it and lights one up. It's a moment before he speaks again, relishing in the wash of calm that follows a deep drag. Smoke curls from his lips like dragon's breath.[break][break]

"If this were old Rocket, you'd be dead." The statement comes matter-of-fact, almost detached. "If it were Sinclair you pissed off, you'd be dead."

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a, .punkianger-gv .bulk b, .punkianger-gv .bulk i, .punkianger-gvcredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image"]background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/Cr9yhqZ.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #212121; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #1a1a1a; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gv .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #1a1a1a; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 50px; text-align: justified; text-transform: uppercase; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-gvcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[c] sides of a coin
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2020 0:59:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she's tried.

but when she did, she was turned away and asides. the shock, she imagines. she'd ask if she were okay, people would update her on the situation but, as a doctor, she didn't know how she was going to gauge it herself. after all, she was the one who dealt with the injuries (physically, but she was at least present to see the degree). yet she can't bring herself to attest: she could never. it would involve raising her voice. it would involve snapping back. it would involve the people around her snapping in response. she wanted none of that.

"i'm sorry.." she holds back the tears while paralyzed in her seat. she can't cry, not now, as she desperately tries to hold back the fear. she was a member of rocket, god damn it. she was a member of a pokemon mafia, yet here she was quivering like a child ready to be scolded by her parents (not that it was unfamiliar. not that she wasn't accustomed).

she knows she would die. she's narrowly escaped it, multiple times. each one less necessary than the last. she's too scared to answer, but she's too scared of the outcome if she didn't. so, at most, she gave a sheepish nod while her fists are pushed into her lap. her feet gently fidget on the ground, trying to contain her anxiety.

"th-the alter.." she starts, voice low. she's scared to go on. "i-i'm sorry, for wh-what they said... a-and did.."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
[c] sides of a coin
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2020 21:45:41 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

"It's a little late for apologies." They were only words, and so often meaningless. "If it's really an 'alter', like you say, you have no control over it, is that right? So what's the point in an apology if you'll only do it again, and again?"[break][break]

He is colder than he'd intended to be. He'd told himself to be fair, but images of Wendy with scalpel in hand hissing threats refuse to fade from his mind's eye. What if her next patient became a victim, instead? What if she snapped in front of a member of the League? There were countless ways he could envision Wendy putting Rocket in far more danger than she prevented.[break][break]

"You're a liability, Olson. Explain to me why I should believe any different."

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
[c] sides of a coin
POSTED ON Oct 25, 2020 22:16:13 GMT
shiv Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#6f5e7b[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-magic-wand"]

🎃TRICK-or-TREAT!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]
A PUMPKABOO FLOATS BY with a treat clasped underneath its tiny fangs. both of you receive the following:[break][break]
[break][break]
(note: pumpkaboo can be ic or entirely ooc)[break]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[c] sides of a coin
POSTED ON Oct 27, 2020 5:30:30 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she's scared.

terrified and petrified, yet she doesn't know: did she actually do anything wrong? she doesn't know if the alter did anything wrong, and she's scared to ask. did she actually hurt them? did she endanger a life? she didn't know, and she'd have been too scared to face it, either way. her hands fumble against her stomach as it began to fester, with butterfree fluttering their wings and threatening to rip her asunder.

"th-they've never..!" she starts, mulling that over. they never what? they've never killed? she doesn't know what to say. Was she going to be kicked out again? was her father going to throw her out too, because of something like this? she was scared. she was terrified, enough for the tears to well up in her eyes. "th-they're smarter than that.." she sheepishly tents her fingers together, eyes lowering down to the ground. "th-they come out because th-they know i'm scared of blood! i-i know that they're a.. a handful.. but they've never killed anyone.." they just dissected them out of amusement, soiled themselves in blood and sewn them back together like pretty little dolls.

of course, wendy herself doesn't know that.

"they always come out when i'm doing my work like that, and no one has died..!" she clumsily explains, grasping for straws while trying to retort. she didn't want to raise her voice. she was scared.

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
[c] sides of a coin
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2020 15:36:22 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

"How would you know if they did?"[break][break]

Suspicion nestles itself once more among Gavin's thoughts. Having never personally experienced anything akin to having an 'alter', Gavin's not entirely sure it's real. It sounds, to him, like a convenient excuse, especially as holes are poked in her story.[break][break]

"Sure, there could be witnesses, but what if there weren't? What if you've killed someone and then cleaned up after yourself? You certainly threatened as much when dealing with Mclaren and I."[break][break]

It's the first time he's alluded to what happened.

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[c] sides of a coin
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 18:26:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
ah.. this was a dilemma.

she knows there was no death under her care. although the alters and stuff weren't entirely familiar with her, herself, their shared memory, however slight, would have been enough for her to know. she could only remember vague bits and pieces, but she knows they all left alive. she knows that the patient from that day left alive. she was more concerned about her mental wellbeing.

ironic.

"... th-then prove it.." her voice shakes, hands balled into fists as she holds them close to her stomach. the butterflies festered, threatening her with nausea from the anxiety of it all. "i-it should be easy, shouldn't it? i-if i actually killed anyone under my care.." because she would never. she'd already come to an agreement with said alter, though she's clueless as to whatever agenda they may be working with.

"i-i really don't remember what happened..! i just s-saw so much blood, a-and.. and.." her words stammer again, tears welled up in her eyes as she struggles with her own memory. it was foggy, and she didn't like it.

"if s-someone has died in my c-care, you can easily look that up, can't you..?"

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
[c] sides of a coin
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 10:49:51 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social

[attr=class,lyric1]
CREATURES OF HABIT

[attr=class,lyric2]
CARRION FLOWERS

[attr=class,bulk]

Gavin's amber eyes narrow. "Watch it, Olson."[break][break]

So far as he was concerned, she was the one who should be proving herself. She was the one who'd snapped, who'd threatened both her patient and her boss with a sharp object and mocked his attempts to back her down.[break][break]

"Only if it's on record, and would you really record that?" It's clear, now, that the situation is escalating. "Let me be clear: this had better not happen again. If you can't control yourself..."[break][break]

He trails off, letting the implication hang between them.

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki