mclaren mcflurry
road work ahead [dw]
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2020 17:44:37 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

Normal ain't normal,
𝐎 𝐑 𝐃 𝐈 𝐍 𝐀 𝐑 𝐘 is a luxury
If you wanna understand,
you stand 𝐔 𝐍 𝐃 𝐄 𝐑

mcflurry's soured mood was quickly brought back up by the joke, and the shorter woman just laughed.

"nah... uh, i mean. unless you mcwant to be."

mcflurry shrugged as the poke ball was psychic'd to her hand and they went on their way down the way-too-dark-to-be-OSHA-compliant streets.

"uh... stuff. work," she muttered under her breath, feeling a cold chill run up her spine at the thought. she could even feel some goosebumps.

"sorry if i haven't mccalled, it's just — ice raft stuff."

mcflurry gave a dismissive handwave, making a face. pokemon were lurking from the dark, she could feel it, but — they didn't approach. not these ones, at least.

"how about you? anything, uh, mcspecial? other than... y'know."
● pass!

[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
road work ahead [dw]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2020 11:57:23 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

Skyler digested Mcflurry's words, breathing in deeply the cold - and somewhat smelly - night air. The laughter that burst out of Mcflurry's mouth seemed out of place in these dark streets, but the sailor simply squeezed the other woman's hand at the sound of it.

"Hmmm." There was a wicked spark in Skyler's eyes, there one moment and gone the next. "Maybe I want to be. I haven't decided yet." The fight had done its job by working away most of her tension, but she could still feel the weight of her burdens on her shoulders, like a heavy cape she was dragging around behind her. Maybe another distraction wouldn't go amiss?

Mcflurry's vagueness made Skyler's eyebrows go up, but the woman didn't pry any further. The sailor had secrets of her own and the last thing she wanted was to be asked about them.

Silvery eyes caught the moonlight as the woman gave Mcflurry a quick once over. "You seem fine, despite the ice rafts." Her mouth pulled into a lopsided grin, teasing. Then she shrugged. "I haven't called either, Mac. No worries. We're busy women." Maybe she would, from now on. Her life had been... chaotic to say the least.

"Oh, y'know, work as usual." Her attempt at nonchalance was a pathetic one. "Rescuing fair maidens out of the ocean, one at a time."

The streets were littered with all sorts of garbage - this really wasn't the best part of town, was it? Skyler was already lost, although thankfully Mcflurry seemed to know where she was going. 

PASS

● tags:
● notes: ...
close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
road work ahead [dw]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2020 21:41:57 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SKORUPI APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BATTLE ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FELL STINGER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CROSS POISON
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SCARY FACE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TOXIC
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] &

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GULPIN APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LIQUID OOZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]YAWN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BELCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLUDGE BOMB
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ENCORE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]VENOM DRENCH

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

close tab

played by

sulfur

the flurry
she/her/hers
september 19
ringtown
pansexual
hitman
elite
it’s all winter here, even in august
awards
188 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mcflurry
mclaren mcflurry
road work ahead [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2020 6:50:08 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

Normal ain't normal,
𝐎 𝐑 𝐃 𝐈 𝐍 𝐀 𝐑 𝐘 is a luxury
If you wanna understand,
you stand 𝐔 𝐍 𝐃 𝐄 𝐑

strangely, the usually-shivering woman felt more comfortable in the cold night. the company of skyler, even more so. still, she could tell something was, uh. off. nobody really walked out of a street fight in a good sort of happy.

still, that next statement strikes her something funny, and mcflurry gives a smirk, tilting her weight away as they pass under another street light.

"i — i guess i wasn't anything mcspecial, then. hmhm."

something about that... kinda stings? but mcflurry waves it away as her being silly. still, she puts up a good front of being amused, not letting that weird feeling get her too down.

mcflurry made a right turn, and — ugh. the gulpins were out tonight. like always. she cringed a little as she watched a group of them eating a garbage can. not the garbage, but the whole can.

unfortunately, they were territorial. mcflurry yelped and pulled skyler away as a sludge bomb shot out, nearly hitting the two of them — and actually hitting wormadam dead-on.

the resulting scuffle was something fierce. mcflurry barked out an order to get rid of the gulpin with psychic — and then the gulpin followed with a venom drench, slowing wormadam down even more.

"aw, shit. fuckin'... mcfuck."

a second psychic did the trick, but wormadam was looking worse for wear. groaning in frustration, mcflurry let go of skyler's hand, patting wormadam's head before recalling it to the safety of it's poke ball.

(feeling bad as she always does, mcflurry threw a poke ball at the downed gulpin as the rest shuffled away.)

"literally in front of my mcplace, too..."

grumble, grumble. never a good thing for ol' mcflurry, eh?
● catching gulpin!

[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

dross, captain
she, her
august 17
Lilycove, Hoenn
bisexual
sailor / treasure hunter
nautica owner
how bold I was, could be - will be - still am
awards
2,345 posts
skyler dross DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @skyler
skyler dross
road work ahead [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2020 15:43:13 GMT
skyler dross Avatar

It was strangely comfortable, walking these streets with Mcflurry. Good thing too, because Skyler would've gotten lost pretty quickly, which wasn't always a good idea in these sort of places. Her eyes flashed to their joined hands for a second and the ghost of a smile caught the edges of her lips. Lost puppy indeed.

Mcflurry's next words, however, put a frown on the captain's face, if only briefly. Although said in the playful spirit of their conversation, something about their self-deprecating manner rubbed Skyler the wrong way. 

They'd met under bizarre circumstances, and the mystery of Mcflurry still remained even though they'd... spent some time together. They didn't know each other very well. Yet Mcflurry had still clasped her hand and hadn't hesitated before leading Skyler to her house. "Probably more special than you give yourself credit for, Mac."  She was aiming for a matter-of-fact voice, but the words ended up leaving her mouth in a soft murmur, playfulness gone for the moment.

The attack was sudden, and Skyler couldn't help the surprised squeal-like yelp that left her mouth (and that she'd definitely deny ever having happened) when Mcflurry pulled her away from the sludge bomb. 

"Are your walks home always this exciting?" She was too busy watching Mcflurry catch the fainted Gulpin to notice Sapphire sneaking up on a Skorupi. When the commotion caught her attention, both pokémon were fainted atop a pile of trash. "Shit." She recalled the Golduck into her pokéball and caught the Skorupi with another. She'd release it later. Maybe.

"This your place, then, Mac?" Skyler nudged the smaller woman with a lopsided grin. The motion made her wince slightly due to her split lip. She was pretty sure it was getting more swollen by the minute. 

ATTEMPT TO CATCH THE SKORUPI

● tags:
● notes: ...
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,835 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
road work ahead [dw]
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2020 21:43:54 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]SKYLER CAUGHT SKORUPI!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] BATTLE ARMOR
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FELL STINGER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]CROSS POISON
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SCARY FACE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]TOXIC
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLASH

[attr="class","wildnote"] CONGRATULATIONS!

[break]

[attr="class","wildbg"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]MCFLURRY CAUGHT GULPIN!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LIQUID OOZE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]YAWN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BELCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLUDGE BOMB
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ENCORE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]VENOM DRENCH

[attr="class","wildnote"] BOTH OF YOU RECEIVE 10 PD!