awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
consult [c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2020 17:09:05 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

So the visit to Sootopolis was a disaster—on the most part. The good thing that came out of it was that he had met an up-and-coming Ranger who had managed to get one of the electric-touched Pokémon during the summer beach party.

…and now, well, there was war brewing on the distance.

Alexei cold only sigh. He wondered what was up with the mirror and the shards that he had with him. Who else could he ask about the strange Water-type he took care of? The mirror eluded him, but the feathers were… well, those feathers were bothering him.

The color bothered him to no end, it felt like he should know—he should know where these had come from! The information still eluded him, though.

Either way, he had called in for a meeting with another council man—admittedly the one he was more than intimidated by, and probably with good reason. While waiting for the other man to show up, he busied himself by sending some messages to his sisters, hoping that they were alright.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
consult [c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2020 18:14:44 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Ivanov."

Fernando answers the Gym Leaders impromptu meeting with an announcement of his arrival. Despite the relative short time they've had since their debrief, Fernando has been vigilant with setting up preparations for the operations to come. Considering Alexei's previous lack of correspondence, he can only assume the Gym Leader is here with something important or ready to announce his resignation. In the case of the latter, Fernando will find no fault in the man's aptitude. The times to come will be anything but pretty. It reminds him of but he dashes those thought immediately.

"You called?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
consult [c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2020 18:54:08 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I did. Sorry for the short notice,” he began as the other man showed up. Sighing, he wondered if there was a place he could actually show… well, might as well get into the grit of it.

“So. I went to Sootopolis to ask Alexander if he knew what this was, but apparently he doesn’t. Some Water-type leader he is,” he continued before popping a Dive Ball to full size and sending its occupant out.

For the third time, the little Phione unfurled herself from within the red beam of light. However, unlike majority of the times when she would immediately make a beeline for whatever else human she would see and give them her squishy face greeting, the Phione made for the top of his head and stayed there, peeking out from her favored perch.

“Huh? You’re not—that’s strange, he muttered as he looked up to see the Phione staring down at him.

“Well, this is just one of what I wanted to ask you about,” he explained as the Water-type crawled back up to settle on his head.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
consult [c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2020 19:06:51 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Fernando has his own perception of Alexei but he can't help but chuckle when the Flying Gym Leader is bold enough to shit talk his colleague . "No one can know everything, Ivanov." His eyes keeps track with the Dive Ball until it lets out Alexei's esteemed specimen. At first, Fernando doesn't recognize the Pokemon at all, bluffing his way through his first encounter with a muted gasp.

"Ivanov," he pauses to create the image of disbelief before leaning in with a whisper, "where did you find that Pokemon?"

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
consult [c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2020 19:15:30 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Either the Phione was acting strange or his own suspicions about the other man were right all along—was a Pokémon also as sensitive when it came to picking up intent? But then again that fell with Psychic-types most of the time, something that the Phione was most definitely not.

Choosing to hide in his hair, the Water-type made a little noise, before he reached up to poke her in the squishy head in reassurance. “Do what you want, okay?” he said to the Phione, who continued to watch from her favored perch.

Strange, really.

“That leads to the other part of what I wanted to show you,” he added before looking around carefully just in case they were being watched.

“I found her in Shoal Cave a few years ago. I was with at the time, we agreed that I would hang onto the egg. Don’t know how the egg got there in the first place at Shoal Cave, but it was there.”

That was as concise as he would get with the explanation.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
consult [c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2020 19:34:57 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Ah. That explains that."

Fernando sits on this information, contemplating his way on how to bullshit his way into being acclimated with a species he's never seen before. He can take a vague guess at what it's related to due to its supposed habitat as well as appearance but those are only a bundle of loose hypothesis. "Consider yourself lucky. It's not often a trainer comes across one of these."

Relying on his only real tool, Fernando pulls out his modified SILPH SCOPE and scans the Phione much like how he would with a Pokedex. It doesn't identify the Pokemon outright but it can at least run it across all commonly found Pokemon. When it returns no results against the newly incorporated Galarian library, Fernando puts his guess work into action. "Some would call it a Legendary Pokemon." His mind defaults to something closer to Relicanth to buy an excuse should his theory prove wrong. "I don't know the scientific name for it but you've come across a rare find. You didn't happen to chance upon any other ones have you?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
consult [c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2020 19:46:58 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“There… there were more. At least the last time I went to the cave… there were like, at least four to five of them. Deeper in the cave. Much deeper than the lowest level. It apparently goes even deeper than what everyone is aware of,” he recounted.

But he was pretty sure that those other Phione may have gone away by now, it had been so long.

“Speaking of which. I also encountered this,” and with trepidation building up inside him he raised his sleeve and revealed his PokéGear. “Do you have data-sharing?” he asked a few moments later.

“I encountered something else down there.”

Something he… he was secretly thankful he didn’t die to. He wondered where the big hulking red and blue beast was now.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
consult [c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2020 19:57:12 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Hm," that makes sense considering the advent of Articuno. Despite their long standing history, Hoenn has yet to fully explore every nook and cranny the region has to offer. That's something they'll have to rectify but only after they make it through their current peril. It's a pleasant distraction and food for thought.

"Ah. Indeed. Give me just a second," he answers while pulling out a Pokeball. He releases his own Porygon2 as well as his cellphone. A few taps later and his bluetooth connection is open and ready to pair. With some assistance from his Porygon, parsing the data should be no problem.

"Something interesting I bet. Have you told the science department?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
consult [c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2020 20:09:35 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Not yet, but allow me to explain. This thing almost killed me,” he remarked once the data connection was established and he had sent the information on the other… ‘being’ that he’d encountered at that strange little cave.

“I don’t think anyone has seen that either,” he added once the data he’d picked up had sent over. Should the other care to look at the data, it was of the hulking beast that was causing the disturbance that had upset the other Phione he had encountered down there.

“It was huge. Red and blue, mostly. Released clouds of steam as well as water. Well, I almost got nuked in the face had something not gotten stuck in its pipe,” he went on, recounting the terror he experienced when he stuck his hand deep into the pipe to yank out what he was carrying around in his jacket.

He had the rest to reveal, but decided to save those until he got further questioning.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
consult [c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2020 20:24:59 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]This thing happens to be another unidentified Pokemon. How fitting that Alexei's bless with the chance to encounter not one but two undiscovered Pokemon and seemingly has the audacity to keep the League unaware and oblivious. With the sudden resurgence of Legendary Pokemon, Fernando's initial assumption is that this too falls in line. Now if only they could use this.

"You were exploring Shoal, the coldest area in the region, yet came across something that used steam. Interesting." More abstract clues with nothing of substance. Fernando keeps his opinions quiet for now, malleable with each passing detail.

"What was in the pipe?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
consult [c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2020 20:49:48 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Had he led the questioning to this point? Maybe.

Either way, the Phione made a low noise within his head as he shuffled around, almost knocked off her perch as he began shuffling around inside his jacket before he pulled out the mirror. It was… almost complete, and lacking what he guessed was one more piece.

“I found that. Well to be specific I found one of the glass shards stuck in the pipe. The rest I’ve been finding… here and there. Like there was something pointing the way.”

He was tempted to show the feathers as well, but somehow he knew that if he did that he would get into some really hot water. For now, he kept the feathers a secret, and only chose to reveal the mirror. It looked almost complete, and when he himself looked into it—there was no reflection.

It was rather strange.

“A mirror that doesn’t show any kind of reflection. I don’t know where or how this washed up in Shoal Cave but there you have it.”

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
consult [c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2020 21:20:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Sounds like an artifact," solely because what else could it be? Like Stone, Fernando can only provide so much insight. The difference between them is one shows an earnest faith in honest while the other one is willing to pay whatever cost to learn more. "It sounds like you'll come across the pieces as you're destined to. Mystical items have a habit of behaving like that." More hogwash but it's the best advice he can give with a fond smile.

"An interesting tale, indeed Ivanov."

Fernando pauses, smile never diminishing as his tone keeps the same no-nonsense drawl he's become known for. "So you happened upon this years ago. Why are you only telling me now? Especially since you haven't brought this up to the science department either."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
consult [c]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2020 19:31:55 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Look, in my defense she came first,” he gestured as he pointed up at the Phione who was perched in his hair, unusually quiet. Normally she would be all for causing a racket and making noise but clearly this wasn’t the case right now.

“The mirror came much more recently. Of course I wanted to know if there was more of her, and so I went down to Shoal Cave. That’s it. And then that big-ass red-and-blue…thing… was causing a racket. Upsetting the water currents and all that shit,” he added, wondering if there was any other information he could dredge up about the large-ass Pokémon that had asked him to clear out its clogged… pipes.

If he could call it that.

“Well, that’s as much as I have for recent… things going on. I have no idea if that red-and-blue beast is still there in Shoal Cave. It… definitely didn’t look like what came out of those strange holes back in Slateport.”

At least, that was what he could safely surmise.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
consult [c]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2020 20:09:02 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Ah. Of course." He claps his hands together with as bright of a smile as he can muster. "That makes perfect sense."

Fernando sits, patiently, listening to Alexei's more detailed retelling until it's his turn to talk.

"So remind me again why you didn't you tell any of us about this earlier?"

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,043 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
consult [c]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2020 20:44:53 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Look, it only started happening recently. That and I still haven’t found out much about her,” he answered, the Phione having curled up and yawning a little bit. Poking it ever so gently with his finger, he pulled out the Dive Ball and recalled her back so she could sleep.

“It’s like nobody knows anything about her, honestly. Or the mirror.”

That was the absolute truth. Mystical artifact, was it now? He’d have to look up a few things from back…home… and see if there was anything about a mirror mentioned at all.

“I wanted to have as much information on-hand before I shared these findings. Guess that didn’t happen.”