awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
CONFIDENT
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2020 20:06:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Kaleidoskull. Lilycove. Eleven.

Newfound traditions etch themselves in a need to relive better times. Who would've thought that the prelude to Team Rocket's end would be considered mild? Stuck in the same bar as their last down to earth talk, Fernando sits in the same seat he had found Kim, entertaining the empty shells that line an old bowl. This time Fernando doesn't wait. A half empty glass of brown liquor sits outside of reach, a tell tale of the councilman's own frustrations.

"Tch."

A worn down napkin lists several Pokemon as well as their moves. He wasn't kidding when he claimed to have thoroughly over-prepared for everything. Instead of enjoy solace like a normal person, Fernando inquisitively works out the equation of the perfect formation, scratching through names and moves as he identifies any noticeable gaps.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
CONFIDENT
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2020 0:48:41 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Kim’s hand holds a phone to his ear as the melodic buzz of a pager vibrates on his hip. His brows are furrowed slightly as he feet trudge along hastedly. The unending calls were something he figured he had already gotten akin to, but the overwhelming feelings of unease he had, along with accumulating stress, were beginning to take their toll; and he could feel it. He needed a break.

So, in the midst of his call, the councilman enters the bar: Kaleidoskull, a squeaky door signalling his arrival- along with his slightly irritated voice.

- drag them out of their homes then so be it… A direct order from me yea… I’ll deal with it when everything’s over, I don’t care jus- ...Just get it done. Please and thank you~

Though he attempts to keep his cool, the facade he so greedily clung to had finally begun to droop- what remained of his composure slipping from it’s veil as he ended the call, a tense of his muscles and a clench of his jaw a sign of the decaying state of his emotions. And though it only lasted for a second, he was obvious he was at the end of his rope.

A seat, seemed to have been saved for Kim himself, was taken near Fernando, Kim calming himself before speaking to the other councilmember.

How's it going Ferny?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
CONFIDENT
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2020 8:59:52 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] It doesn’t take an Audino to recognize Kim’s voice. Hearing him suffer through his own responsibilities is enough to bring Fernando into a half-smirk. He ditches the napkin for now, dropping his pen in favor of swirling the contents of his glass in an idle circle. The motion of the liquid, constantly lapping the rims of hands in a steady, systematic spiral, is both calming and vexing.

His eye focus on the sight until he hears the squeak of the stool beside him. If he hadn’t known better, he’d hazard a guess that Kim proved more flatulent then stressed.

Fucking terrible—” is the only acceptable answer considering the weight of the secret they’ve been tasked with carrying. He resents Kim for even asking, drowning out the bitter feeling of disgust with something more physical. It almost burns as much as his temper.

—you asshole. How’s evacuation duties?

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
let's come to terms- and embrace it. concur, admit, concede, and face it. i'm cute~
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
CONFIDENT
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2020 19:59:08 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
A smirk presents itself at Fernando’s signature bitterness, his mood lifted purely from the comfort this normality brings.

Sweet Scotch.

He orders in the midst of Fernando’s remark, his eyes returning to the man as he asked of his duties.

The bit of comfort he had accumulated begun to gradually seep from his hold, Kim pushing a few strands of hair from his face to meld in with others behind his ear.

Oh y’know, easy. Just have to deal with the unthinkable. Plan my own strategy. Weigh the outcomes of situations that may or may not happen. Make sure the routes boats take won’t be intercepted. Blah, blah, blah. All that alongside the fact that I’m getting nonstop calls for directions on how to handle things…Yea, I’d say I’m doing just pecha.

The sarcasm oozed from each word he spoke, a pointed end at the utterance of each sentence. When the drink was place before him he gave a nod to the bartender, quickly taking a swig from the drink before requesting another: a precaution in case he finished the current one too quickly.

What about you? How are things on your end?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
CONFIDENT
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2020 21:02:29 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Unbeknownst to the League, there is merit in 's estranged fantasies. Kim and Fernando are perfect for each other. In the same manner that Kim finds amusement in Fernando's misery, so does he when his colleague loses his smirk to the pained grievances that they face in the line of duty. Watching one another struggle brings delight to the other but only in friendly jest. After all, misery loves company.

"Whiskey sour."

Fernando matches him step for step, ordering after Kim's relayed his own request, unwilling to wait should the bartender get caroled elsewhere. The sound of glass clinking against wood and bottles being jostled settle into the background of Kim's explanation and Fernando nods at the end of every sentence.

"So, fucking terrible? Good."

When asked in turn, Fernando answers by killing the rest of his drink with a small cheers. He lets it settle, grimacing, before sliding his glass back and reaching for the fresh whiskey. "Same as always. Everything is dogshit."

Empty smoke blows from his nostrils and he dares to elaborate on the 'good'. ", , have some semblance of control over their avatar powers. It's a bit too early but they're good to be deployed. Most forces have been shortied for Lilycove with some reserves left around Mauville to make sure we're not absolutely fucked for putting all our eggs in one basket." He pauses, thinking over Rustboro and his initial premise about the dangers of Ultra Wormhole. "Lilycove and Slateport should protect us from the South East. We probably need to send some forces up to Rustboro and Fallabor to lay the ground work for a solid formation."

Just thinking about how to get everyone properly sorted and dispatched is a headache that not even the worst hangover can compare to. Things were easier when the most of his calculations were just financials. At least that followed some basic principles of predictability.

"How'd @bean4 take you volunteering for a suicide mission?"

Hopefully better then he did. The whole diplomatic approach had been nothing short of level naivety.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
CONFIDENT
POSTED ON Sept 10, 2020 4:24:10 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
At the very least he could find solace in knowing that the defenses they have planned were not in the hands of one incapable of seeing faults where they may appear. He could trust Fernando’s judgement when it came to the security of their strongholds, and the safety of the inhabitants within.

Respect could not be helped but to follow Fernando’s words as he spoke them, comfort once again welling up inside, along with a small thought of hope sidling alongside it.

I think we should compact a a fraction of our defenses around Slateport and Lilycove for right now, at least until we get enough people evacuated. After that’s said and done and we return our forces from where they were assigned we send any excess recruits to Rustboro and Fallarbor to fortify what defenses we already have at play, if any.

Following the suggestion he bites at his thumbnail in thought, sheathing the idea as he brought the glass to his mouth.

Whatever you have in mind is fine by me though. As long as our citizens are safe and damage to our forces are minimal I don’t care what comes next.

And with a quick swig from the glass he begins to swirl the amber liquid, the mesmerizing twister forming within taking his attention away from the words he spoke of more personal matters.

I’m sure you can already guess that she is not the happiest at the moment…

Countering the swirl by spinning the glass counterclockwise Kim waits until it reaches a slower pace before finishing the drink with one final swig.

...For some strange reason… she does not want me to die. It’s honestly baffling to me.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
CONFIDENT
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2020 20:59:03 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] “Indeed. Lilycove is our biggest concern but Ultra Wormholes worry me.” Fernando can feel his teeth grind against each other as he clicks his tongue against the roof of his mouth. “Logical formations and position don’t matter when they can pop up wherever and whenever they want.

Fernando takes a sip for Najwa, shrugging as Kim reaffirms his initial thoughts. “You know, volunteering to kill yourself while engaged could be considered cold feet.” He licks the bottom of his lip dry. “You could have always just cancelled. I’m sure you could recoup some of venue costs with there being an invasion and all.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
CONFIDENT
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2020 3:27:19 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
I hate this uncertainty.

Kim thinks to himself, switching the empty glass with a full one as he traces the rim in silence; listening to Fernando as he expanded on his own concerns. It was already tireless work to try and find logic in the illogical, and when Fernando speaks Kim’s thoughts out loud, he could only feel the weight on his chest grow larger.

But he still manages to smile, the thought of volunteering himself to such a cause being only an excuse for not marrying @bean4 seeming like a reasonable yet also cowardly thing to do.

Please, Najwa would drag me by my heels to our weeding in a heart beat. She knows all my duck out locations, my schedules, and she’s in sync with my Kirla- she literally has as much command over my pokemon as I do. She can have my Kirlia teleport me to her just by thinking it.

God he loves that woman.

Enough about me though. What’s your love life lookin’ like? Have you had the privilege of being the little spoon lately?

A light chuckle follows as the glass meets his lips, a small sip taken from the cup managing his intake.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
CONFIDENT
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2020 18:48:18 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"So Kim Cole ends up marrying the only person able to put him into check. How fitting," Fernando his own amusement behind a deep seat, heartfelt chuckle. It's one of the few instances he shows some sort of genuine enjoyment in front of Kim without outright insulting someone else but drastic times comes with drastic measures. There's no need to keep up a front when they'll be there soon enough.

The topic of love comes up and Fernando disregards it with a deep exhale. What a waste of time. The only woman he'd ever consider marrying is long gone; a relic of his past he tries to free himself from by burying himself in his own demise. And look how far it's gotten him.

"What do I look like? ?" He pauses, wincing at his own reference. While he doesn't blame Alexander for making the correct choice with , being there in the first place is cringe-worthy in itself. "Apparently, everyone in the League is fucking like Lopunnys and I'm the only one who doesn't shit where they eat."

Another sip and Fernando considers a joke. It's funnier in his head.

"After all, who'd be interested in me? I'm a virgin saint. A man of the lord."

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
CONFIDENT
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2020 18:44:05 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
He’s mid-sip when Fernando gives his answer-

a man of the lord

-hitting him instantaneously, Kim choking on his drink, laughing as he sucked down the liquid in between breaths of air.

-you stupid asshole.” Tears form in his eyes as he struggles to regain himself, grabbing for a napkin and wiping his lips of any liquid that may have accidentally spilled from his mouth.

It took a few moments for him to calm down, the full 30 seconds of laughter seeming to finally trickle down after his third gasp of air.

It felt good to laugh, not giggle, not chuckle, not give a small “ha” in place of one, but to laugh. It reminded Kim that not every moment of his life was completely bitter, he could still enjoy himself.

... I hate that you made me laugh at such a low effort joke.

He leans forward, head hanging over the bar as he takes a few more seconds to calm himself before sitting up straight, pulling his hair back to rest behind him. One last breath of air and he’s back to himself, a smirk on his lips and a calm to his words.

You’d be surprised, Ferny. People love a man in charge, and one that carries himself like you? They’d thirst harder than a wanderer in the desert.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
CONFIDENT
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2020 22:13:48 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"What?"

Fernando feigns genuine innocence when Kim breaks out into a lively guffaw. Despite his act, deep down, there's a firm smugness in being able to make Kim break out into laughter. It's more validating than anyone really knows and that's why Fernando values Kim despite the farce he puts on. Well, maybe it's not a farce, but the poster boy has truly become what he's always lauded as. In times like these, there's no one better to present what the League should be.

"I highly doubt that. It's been what, two years? The only people that show any interest in me are people who want a bigger budget or a free Gym Badge." Not that any of that matters. He's cut from the same cloth. It makes it easier to to be efficient and make resolute decision when you can disregard the human factor behind denying requests.

"Not that I mind. You and Essam are the only relationship that didn't turn into shit after more than a month.

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
CONFIDENT
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2020 14:47:07 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Damn straight.

Kim says smugly, lips curling into a grin at the thought.

We’re a straight up power couple.

Though considering the fact that most relationships crumble before they had gotten anywhere, the honor was not as valuable as one would think. But Kim was happy, and being in a relationship, let alone one that has progressed to this level, is one he views as an achievement.

Screw it. As long as you have friends by your side, relationships aren’t really worth a damn…” His own words cause him to pause, the councilman mulling over them before speaking again. “Do you have friends, Ferny?

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
CONFIDENT
POSTED ON Sept 24, 2020 9:22:14 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Yes, Kim.

The reoccurring punchline has little effect on him. His natural edgelord tendencies to consider those around him as nothing more than pawns mitigates any possible attachment. Even so, time has made him weak and Fernando considers several League members as both his friends and him theirs. Who else could consider his best friend?

As asinine as they are.

Fernando takes his own moment to pause, looking to Kim and then back to his drink.

But sometimes they turn out to be more than just a giant clown.

He reaches for it and knocks back another sip, greedier this time.

Do you remember what we talked about before Rocket fell?

close tab

played by

giz

golden boy
cute
twenty-seven
september 23
slateport city
najwa
narcissist
who knows
najwa essam
married
311 height
311 height
awards
953 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kim
kim cole-essam
CONFIDENT
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2020 13:21:10 GMT
kim cole-essam Avatar
Clowns know how to have the most fun though.

Kim says before knocking back the remnants of his drink, smiling as he sets the empty cup onto the countertop, knocking to signal a refill.

We talked about a lot of things before rocket fell: anime, memes, your recircumcision, it’s hard to set a finger on what exactly you mean, so give me a refresher. Help me to recollect.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,731 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
CONFIDENT
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2020 17:51:09 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Arguable.” Fernando scoffs in objection. “You’re many things but I don’t know if fun is what I’d use.

Fernando points to the tap and signals for a beer instead. He mentions dressed and draft before returning to his conversation.

Do or die trying,” he answers with an annoyed bluntness. “You never congratulated me on delivering on that promise.