340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
alliance [c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2020 21:17:47 GMT
anya fowl Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]things get just a teensy bit frightening. and as a creature of basic instinct, anya does the smart thing and gets the fuck out. gallery packed up, belongings sold off, and tearful goodbyes to nobodies who'll dearly miss a redhead gal named molly. 

first it's sinnoh, in the snow-capped mountains, lions disdainful of the ice under their paws. and something hadn't been right in the air--or perhaps it was her own inner murmurings, that the shadows on the edge of her vision were just that and nothing more--and so she'd packed up her belongings (all of which now fit in two suitcases). 

then it was unova, in a bustling skyrise apartment. tv screens flickering in coffee shops and she watched over rose-tinted sunglasses, saw mossdeep played on repeat, listened to conspiracies. everywhere she is surrounded by threats. 

and all this time, she is scratching in her notebooks, pondering hypotheses she cannot test. she tries to quash the ants milling about in her brain with careless sex and chemical romance, but in the morning she's rebooted, restarted, and the cycle begins anew. 

her hands start to shake and her incessant need becomes too much to bear. and she curses her humanness, her need for desire, as she takes the boat ride back into the thick of it. 

as she moves back into her apartment in lilycove and greets old friends and purchases her pleasantries and on her couch, red heels knocked against her white marble coffee table, she flicks on her phone. 

she takes a long drag from the cigarette in her other hand. her fingers fly across the screen. she exhales smoke. her lips curl. the lions curled at either side of her purr gently. 

I have a proposition for you. - A

[newclass=.freypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost i]color:#c5c2b3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
alliance [c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2020 21:43:05 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]People have claimed to known him. Many dissect his personality and psychoanalyze it based off their own understanding. He's just some pompous trust fund asshole who thinks he's better than the peons around him. And, in some respects, they're correct. But Fernando prides himself in being more than what anyone else can understand. Most of it is nothing more than a self-indulging fantasy to be edgier than what anyone else can discern, but deep down, he knows who he truly is.

Or at least he thinks so. He's self aware enough to catch himself in all his folly. The elicit relationships that stem from his own childhood grooming, his abundance of physical affection that never leads into a substantial relationship, even the constant need for physical gratification comes with a small plead for validation — he knows this yet continues to indulge. Because at the end of the day there are more important things to dwell on then some backwards ass need for fix issues that mean little in the grand scheme of things.

It's that type of resignation that leads him to forget about his short-term fling with a red tailed vixen from Lilycove. An empty bed is met with a moment of regret but then his alarm rings and Fernando is no longer spun up on yesteryear. A new dawn brings about new challenges and he faces them with his eyes narrowed and his judgement as sharp as a his mind can muster. Life carries on as does work. It's the one thing he can always rely on burying himself into, a terrible burden that becomes as much as a crutch for his own escapism as much as his own undoing.

While he suffocates himself in endless hours someone far off decides to try and break the cycle. But she cannot for the same reason he cannot. It's imbue into their nature. The great mysterious of the world are there to be unraveled. One looks to challenge the foreign and possibilities of the unknown; the other looks to master it so they can bend the laws of physics in their favor.

He descends further when a sudden notification breaks him out of his stupor. He swipes right down on the unfamiliar number to check their history when a picture from his trophy vault rekindles fond memories. "I can't believe she let me do that," he whispers to himself in a satisfied smile. The last time stamp reinforces their nonsensical fallout and Fernando entertains the ghost due to his own curiosities and needs.

I'm a busy man.

He doesn't give her the time to respond lest she read his joke as an outright dismissal. Sometimes he forgets that texting doesn't translate the tone running through his head. It's funnier there, if only to his own sense of humor.

If you can leave me on read you can also accept your punishment with a blindfold.

The urgency and depths of her request is lost upon a fatigued bachelor.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
snake-eyed with a sly smile
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
alliance [c]
POSTED ON Sept 8, 2020 23:34:52 GMT
anya fowl Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]shiva yawns; her tongue slides between her sharp teeth, jaws half-closing as she finishes her display with a gentle lick against anya's calf. her phone is in her lap now, screen still up, and her fingers are tracing the delicately, deliciously, short hem of her dress, just dipping under to grace her skin. 

there are ghosts there, too, a remembrance of a time before she'd shed her skin, before the body he'd touched so long ago had become something new. that's how she's always been able to stomach the touch of a man before--her entire body's cells would naturally decay and rebirth in six month's time. her own, never owned. 

and though science speaks truth, it's almost as though she can feel him now. she purses her lips, eyes half lidded, smiling as her phone vibrates in her lap. 

she lifts it up, chuckles at the message, and takes another drag from her cig. then she leans forward, hushing as her lions murmur their grumpiness at being jostled. she stubs the cig out and twists her phone, pinched between thumb and forefinger. 

"hmmm." 

I've many. There a color you prefer, darling? 

and then she runs a finger through her hair, rises despite her pets' protests. they stretch, claws flexing, and plod dutifully after her as she grabs her clutch, her keys, and her lipstick. 

she touches up her bottom lip as she heads out the door. he's in town now. she wouldn't have texted him now if he weren't. 

she lights another as she steps out onto the street. the sky is overcast, swelling with the threat of rain.

Shall we dance again? 

she sends the text only after she's ducked into the jazz bar, the very same as the first night they'd met. though when the bartender asks her for her drink, she asks for a bottle of their house cab. 

she's here on business, after all. 

[newclass=.freypost b]color:#c5c2b3;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
alliance [c]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2020 10:06:07 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] Spunky.

Just one line of banter is enough for Fernando to re-create past conversations. He can still hear the low murmur of her lips against his ear, implying more then she’ll ever let on, tempting him into an overdrawn game of cat and mouse. Only the resolution makes up for how much effort he put into their little back and forth. His disappointment had been palpable until he realized how aesthetic the pale naked body contrasted with a mane full of red hair. Now if only his tolerance could burn as hot as his passion.

The text message is filtered as a notification. He doesn’t give her the courtesy of a ‘read’ timestamp and allows the creative juices to take over. What’s the most witty response he can come up with? The answer is nothing. As good as it sounds within the walls of his own mind, the moment it leaves his lips, Fernando judges it as ‘trash’. Garbage, even. However, a reply is due and he can only delay the inevitable for so long.

The velvet one. I like you responsive.

The next message never makes it to his eyes. They both know where they’re bound to meet. It’s insinuated in their chemistry. There’s still a sea of depth he doesn’t understand about her, but this much he knows. It reeks like her second hand smoke. Putrid but only in recognition. Without restraint, without actively pursuing a better life style, he remains oblivious.

Why correct what’s not a problem? After all, bad choices are the spice of life.

It clearly shows when Fernando looks just as lost as the first time he scoured the scene.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
alliance [c]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2020 13:59:19 GMT
anya fowl Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]she swirls the glass around in a leisurely fashion, allowing the wine to breathe. she'd asked for the house, but amelie had grabbed a rather choice selection of sauvignon. she sets to pouring it in a decanter for her, desperately searching her eyes, looking for some recognition.

and anya gives it to the poor girl; she winks at her over the rim of her glass. her palate opens and she parts her lips, tastes the bouquet as it goes down. "leather and spice. are those cranberries on the nose? amelie, you spoil me." 

amelie's cheeks tinge and she segues into a conversation, but it's cut short as she looks over anya's head to one of the most famous men in hoenn. she struggles with her frown. 

"chin up, girl. your councilman's here." 

anya points to the second glass and amelie dutifully pours. and then anya turns in her stool, legs crossed, and holds the glass out for fernando. 

"amelie, i believe you mentioned a gentleman needing something elsewhere?" the dismissal is clear and the girl skirts out from behind the bar to attend patrons in the curtained room, leaving the two of them alone, save for the piano player stroking his keys on his cozy stage. 

she smiles coyly. "had i known it'd be this easy to get another meeting with you, i would have done so a long time ago." you're wrapped around my finger and we both know it, don't we? 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
alliance [c]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2020 17:16:49 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]All the foreplay in the world could never tease him into giving up his obstinate tendencies. Not for long, anyway. Like clockwork, Fernando works out the layout of the building from the entrance to the nearest fire exit. Eyes sweep systematically. They start with the dance floor, the same one she had pushed him to bend with her movements, progressing along empty tables until they settle on the bar.

He can't miss a backside quite like hers.

But his approach is sloppy. Mistaken eye contact with the bartender is enough to prompt her to whisper something inaudible from a distance, obviously about him since she pours another shortly after. Before he can even sneak in next to her, she swivels, offering him Amelie's parting gift while dismissing her all the same.

"But you didn't."

Flirting over text and a confrontation in person don't hold the same energy. He's not mad or hurt. He doesn't feel that from such a chance encounter. However, like many things, Fernando paints his impatience behind narrowed eyes and the slightest of scowls.

Fingers wrap around the glass in the same way he coils around her invitation. They're here for different things, one putting more meaning into it than the other, both set to fall into the other's demand.

"You said you have a proposition."

As pleasant as the drink may smell, or taste, Fernando refrains. He's sworn off drinking with the same conviction that the League promises the region a sense of prosperity. It'll fold under the slightest of pressures but that's what drives him to entertain the only vice he has left.

A glass can't compare to the texture of goosebumps and parted lips.

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
alliance [c]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2020 18:54:47 GMT
anya fowl Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]her fingers linger on the glass a moment too long as he takes it from her, and he almost makes a point of not tasting it. one perfectly manicured brow arches delicately and her amusement flickers over her lips. 

"it's only a small bit of poison." she takes another tasting sip, savoring its flavor, and then offers him a breathy laugh. 

"no, i didn't. i was...occupied." her gaze flickers, exposing some vulnerability (an act, but will he see through it?) and she bites her lip. 

she touches the bar stool beside her and then leans her forearm casually against the bar. the wine's legs drip slowly, pooling back into the thick, ruby-jam pool of her chosen 'poison.' 

"i'm offering myself to you," she says finally, eyes twinkling. her lips tug up at the corners. "not molly fouller, but me." she searches his face. surely he knows her identity now, despite her meticulous order to her false life. but how much he knows, she can't quite discern. 

he hasn't brought her to trial for crimes committed for rocket, so either he's not as skillful as she's deduced, or they're both snakes in the garden. 

but which one is convincing the other to bite the apple? 

she flashes white teeth. "i'm a smart woman, councilman. i desire little else in this world but knowledge. will you indulge my fantasies, at least for a moment?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
alliance [c]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2020 20:04:57 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]The thing about people is that they all have their tells. Every expression is a missed detail within the confines of a well placed story. Fernando believes this wholeheartedly and entrenches himself on both maintaining his own mask while deconstructing others. So when Anya averts her gaze, even in the slightest, he's adds it to her excerpt. Whether it's a coy red herring or a genuine falter is left to be seen. He'll find out eventually.

So he digs deeper into her tale, cozying up in the seat beside her, as rigid as the spine of her hard-covered book. Surprisingly, they skip the exposition and Fernando slides the glass back at the counter, never quite taking his eyes off her. He's about to interject with a small crack at how he's already had her when she elaborates further. With definitive punctuation, she uncoils the mystery of the sentence — the purpose of the visit and the summary of their exchange.

His reaction is best summed up in the only way he knows how to maintain his bluff: there is none. Fernando doesn't so much at twitch at the revelation, mimicking the powers of AMNESIA as the statement loops from one ear and out the other. Her news means little because he had already presumed as much at the start. Hoenn is home to a vast array of characters and anyone worth their salt knows how to carry themselves.

Anya Fowl knows how to walk the walk, which means she's a dead giveaway.

To what extent does Fernando know about her, that's still undecided. He knows enough to make some based assumptions but even revealing how much he knows is a clue he refuses to let up. How much he doesn't know is the more important question and it's one he's yet to uncovered despite their intimacy.

"I don't need smart." Fernando rolls his eyes. She's much too late to make a difference. Now they're merely trying to salvage what's left. "I need results."

His hands come together in a silent clasps, rubbing against each other as his thought do the same. How does he phrase this nicely.

"You're behind, Fouller." Abrasive but sufficient. "Dreams are nothing more than hopeful opportunities. We're running out of time."

He doubts the news of the Megalopians have been leaked. If it has, she'll understand.

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
alliance [c]
POSTED ON Sept 9, 2020 20:43:53 GMT
anya fowl Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]"smart gets results." she leans back and away from him, slightly annoyed that he won't give her what she wants with ease. but the game wouldn't be enticing if it were easy--the same goes for her research. 

she withdraws her phone with a tiresome sigh and draws up a video. "patient zero." she hands over enough incriminating evidence to put her away for years. 's voice is a soft murmur against the screeching of the nidorina on the table.

and then, when the video finishes, he may look up to find her staring down into her swirling glass of wine. her lips purse. "as magnificent as they are, they're...volatile. unpredictable."

she looks up. "that's why they don't use them." 

she unfolds her legs, slides one calf around his, leans back in, eyes glittering, this time with true emotion, raw desire. "but what if they could be mastered? what if they could be tamed?"

another sip. the glass goes on the table. she reaches up to cup his face. "you have to make monsters to fight monsters." and then, because she doesn't have a slow fog working through his system, because he isn't as persuadable, she says, "and i lack the same limitations others in my field have." empathy. he must know this without her saying it. 

"you'll get results."

[newclass=.freypost]font:12px calibri;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
alliance [c]
POSTED ON Sept 12, 2020 19:27:31 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"] It’s not the answer she wants to hear. That much is clear. But Fernando does not waver on his stance. Not even for tonight’s release. It’s only when she tries to entice him that his features waver, questioning, wrinkles creasing in accordance with his questions. The longer the video plays the more she proves his point.

You shouldn’t have showed me that.” Fernando pinches the bridge to his nose, clinging to the bar with both elbows, digging into them as the pressure mounts. “Do you know who I am? Tch.

Physical contact, no matter how small, is a form of temptation. It may be docile now but allowing it to persist unchecked will signal an open gateway for her to ease her way in. And despite knowing this, Fernando doesn’t push her away.

You’re two years too late to come into this arms race now. The world cannot hinge on making the unstable stable. You’re thinking too small.

Her hand slides against his face. Soft skin against a freshly shaven jaw line. It coaxes a different kind of fog out of him, a small wisp of fairy vapor that reeks of a candle-lit bath. “Your monsters are still Pokemon at the end of the day. Bring me something that can capture or defend against a monster that can wipe out a city block in the blink of an eye.

The MISTY TERRAIN coils around him. As one of Hoenn’s prominent avatars, very few don’t know about Fernando’s relationship with Tapu Fini. What they don’t know is how many other Legendary Pokemon sit nestled on his belt.

Because I don’t have time to play with something that isn’t a God.

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
alliance [c]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2020 3:37:25 GMT
anya fowl Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]they're all dead men walking at this point, but it's touching to see just how much he cares. she thumbs through some documents on her phone, reminiscing over reports she hadn't had the time to finish, and purses her lips. she takes fernando's glass, still full, and replaces it on the counter with her own, swirls it just under her nose as she thinks.

"of course i know who you are," she says wryly. "i'm confident i know quite more about you than you do me." and then her voice drops, because the scent is new and the mist curling from him is so unnatural and it makes her breathless and ravenous and thirsty. because the avatars are enigmas and he is so deliciously enticing

"i say i want to tame bloodlusting monsters and you say i think too small," she says with a breathy laugh, though there is a truth to his words. and it pains her to admit it, but he's right. had she not abandoned her research before, she wouldn't be behind--she wouldn't be in the predicament she's in now. perhaps they may even have the upper hand. 

"gods and monsters and men. funny, how it's getting harder to tell the difference between them all." her fingers drop under his chin, tug him closer, just so their eyes meet. and hers are ever-curious, ever-sly, pools of blue deep with secrets and fantasies that are oh so tantalizing to men like him. 

"you're right," she says. "so i capture you a god, fashion you a weapon, or build you a shield." she clicks her tongue against the roof of her mouth. "vexing, but not impossible, i think." 

she tips the glass his way, against his lips, the only space between them now. "what will it take to make you see my truths?" she breathes. 

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
alliance [c]
POSTED ON Sept 13, 2020 3:50:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Am I ever wrong?

He’s dubious at best but there’s no need to prod. She can hide it behind faux confidence but Fernando knows better. There’s a lot he doesn’t understand about her but he knows the depravity of their situation. It’s drove him mad on end, to the point that his own insanity creates the same monsters she’s discovered through trial and error. Hers may boast a stronger power but his are controllable after their initial outburst.

His eyes glaze over her own, just the slightest shimmer or purple washing over the white of his eyes. It’s unnatural but haunting, promising something more in the same vein of an undiscovered mystery. He considers demonstrating his own pull but considering how easy she can turn the stem of her glass into a shank, Fernando plays it safe and opts out.

Saying it easy. Doing so is not.” He’s tried.

For a moment he hesitates, frowning, lips barely parting, before he pushes the glass back her way.

Results.”

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
alliance [c]
POSTED ON Sept 14, 2020 18:39:59 GMT
anya fowl Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]"if you aren't, then you can trust our meetings are only for the greater good." vixen smile. make it his decision. make it his truth. she is so close, she can almost taste it. and that scent around her is reminiscent of their night together, and her flesh hungers for it again. she knows his does too. 

"i'm a scientist," she says with a roll of her eyes. "nothing is ever easy--not if you're doing it right." 

her lips curl. they're on the precipice now and she can see him faltering, watch him flickering, and his demand is a concession, and it makes her shiver. she moves in now, kissing the corner of his mouth, giving him a taste, a reminder, of what she can do for him beyond these walls. 

"give me my playthings and i'll give you anything you ask." cold blue eyes flash. she raises his glass to her lips, murmurs over the rim, "anything you want."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,735 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
alliance [c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2020 17:52:41 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Tch.

Persistent. He'll give her that. But that's the same grit that makes them one of a kind. Being able to persevere through trial and error in order to find the truth is a skill he admires in more than just himself. Maybe that explains his 'type' and fancy for women of higher learning. He considers this, of course, and uses it as an anchor to dissuade his body from directing his mind. But when she tempts him up close it's all too hard to resist.

"You're asking me to risk it all." Had she not prefaced her request with the impossible maybe her SWEET KISS would've left him dazed. Unfortunately, she pushes one of the few boundaries that Fernando refuses to budge on: his own personal expense. However, he entertains her ordeal, wrapping his hand around the side of her neck, hooking his fingers against her nape, coaxing her closer. Only the butt of his thumb dares to caress her, sliding across her throat as a reminder of something more sinister.

On the surface, Fernando is a physically affectionate lover who betrays his public image with kisses and adoration. When his trust is betrayed and his bedroom defiled his only reprieve is a promise of a good time that never seems to last long enough.

"So we play by my standards, my rules."

close tab

played by

crow

molly
she/her
october 16
elsewhere
pansexual / aro
functioning sociopath
<redacted>
awards
340 posts
anya fowl DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @anya
anya fowl
alliance [c]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2020 18:09:47 GMT
anya fowl Avatar
[attr="class","freypost"]"is that really so much to ask, with the state of the world?" he's already made himself a target by consorting with her. rocket's spies are still crawling everywhere. cockroaches don't die so easily. 

he is her last hope, if truth be told. crime families don't tend to take kindly to betrayal. and she holds far too many secrets, knows too many names, to be left to her own devices. 

her lips part as he grazes his thumb across her neck and she shivers, but not with displeasure. if anything, her lips tilt and she exhales. "i'll be your little secret," she whispers. her hand slides up his knee as her ankle knocks against his, dress hitching. 

"and now we drink, as a toast to our arrangement," she says, though she doesn't reach for her glass.