Vera Lindt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vera
Vera Lindt
whisked away [tt]
POSTED ON Sept 15, 2020 7:33:51 GMT
Vera Lindt Avatar
[nospaces]

the gas masks are heavy in vera's hands. she carries them past the small crowd gathering outside, under the keep out tape, and to the mini celebrity, elite four member , in front of the complex that the league is intervening today.

[break][break]

"here. it's a pt-100, so i recommend testing it for a couple of minutes before actually going in." the last thing she wants is for an operative to realize once inside that it's harder to breathe with a gas mask on.

[break][break]

against all odds, the ginger puts on the other mask, heeding her own advice. after a moment, she adds, "ready when you are." as soon as the words leave her lips, she feels cooler than ever before.

[attr="class","hashtext"]
[attr="id","hashtag"][newclass="#hashtag"]color:[var="string"] !important;font-family:'slabo 27px' !important;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:10px;[/newclass][newclass="#hashtag a"]background:#FFF !important;font-family:inherit;font-size:inherit;color:inherit;padding:0 2px;transition:all 0.4s ease-in;[/newclass][newclass="#hashtag a:hover"]color:[var="black"] !important;[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext p::first-letter"]display:block;float:left;;background:[var="heart"];border:1px white solid;outline:3px [var="heart"] solid;padding:2.5px 6px;font-family:'slabo 27px';font-size:14px;text-transform:uppercase;color:white;margin:7px 10px 5px 0px;[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext b"]font-weight:normal;color:[var="string"];[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext a"]font-family:inherit; font-size:inherit; color:[var="string"]; } .hashtext h2, .hashtext h3 { font: 10px 'Hammersmith One'; text-transform: uppercase; display: inline; } .hashtext h3 { color: [var="heart"]; } #hashtag .pkspr, #hashtag .pokesprite { cursor: default; } #hashtag .pkspr { width: 40px; height: 30px; padding: 0; margin-top: -30px; } #hashtag .pkspr .pokesprite { transform: translate(-14px, 0); padding-bottom: -20px; [/newclass][var name="heart" value="#2BD5A0"][var name="string" value="#FF326C"][var name="black" value="#000"][googlefont="Slabo 27px|Muli|Hammersmith+One"]

[attr="class","pkspr"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon magnezone"]
toxic takeover mission
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,434 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
whisked away [tt]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2020 17:48:01 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he stares at the mask provided to him. he wasn't new to using it given his profession, although the reluctance to use it was still evident as he forces himself to suffocate in his own breath.

better than dying, he supposed.

the dragalge beside him remains docile. its eyes were already on the complex before them, staring as if it can see beyond the fumes and walls. the thought of it is enough to bring kyle to a slight smile underneath the mask.

"yeah, i'm good now, i think," he answers, voice muffled beneath the mask. he fixes it one last time, just to be sure, before he turns. "yeah, we're ready."

before waiting for a reaction from her, kyle motions for his dragalge to follow after him inside the building.

close tab

played by

Champ

Sugar rabbit
She/her
Twenty-four
December 21
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Culinary chemist
Cadet
I may love me some vanilla but I'm not that sugar sweet
awards
177 posts
Vera Lindt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vera
Vera Lindt
whisked away [tt]
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2020 2:25:45 GMT
Vera Lindt Avatar
[nospaces]

vera's smile is hidden behind her mask. she knows the feel. "let's try not to make it a long stay."

[break][break]

the big doors of what once used to be a mall open with a pull, and slowly close behind them. the fumes aren't too heavy at the entrance, but already she can see dark gray up ahead. she begins walking in that direction. both of their pokémon float behind the pair, so their steps and breathing are the only sounds to be heard after a few meters in.

[break][break]

"i remember coming here as a teenager," vera muses at the sight, breaking the silence. the complex must have closed sometime when she was studying abroad, because everything still looks recently used.

[attr="id","hashtag"][newclass="#hashtag"]color:[var="string"] !important;font-family:'slabo 27px' !important;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:10px;[/newclass][newclass="#hashtag a"]background:#FFF !important;font-family:inherit;font-size:inherit;color:inherit;padding:0 2px;transition:all 0.4s ease-in;[/newclass][newclass="#hashtag a:hover"]color:[var="black"] !important;[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext p::first-letter"]display:block;float:left;;background:[var="heart"];border:1px white solid;outline:3px [var="heart"] solid;padding:2.5px 6px;font-family:'slabo 27px';font-size:14px;text-transform:uppercase;color:white;margin:7px 10px 5px 0px;[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext b"]font-weight:normal;color:[var="string"];[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext a"]font-family:inherit; font-size:inherit; color:[var="string"]; } .hashtext h2, .hashtext h3 { font: 10px 'Hammersmith One'; text-transform: uppercase; display: inline; } .hashtext h3 { color: [var="heart"]; } #hashtag .pkspr, #hashtag .pokesprite { cursor: default; } #hashtag .pkspr { width: 40px; height: 30px; padding: 0; margin-top: -30px; } #hashtag .pkspr .pokesprite { transform: translate(-14px, 0); padding-bottom: -20px; [/newclass][var name="heart" value="#2BD5A0"][var name="string" value="#FF326C"][var name="black" value="#000"][googlefont="Slabo 27px|Muli|Hammersmith+One"]

toxic takeover mission
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,434 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
whisked away [tt]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2020 18:07:17 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
although he grew up on hoenn, kyle cannot say he had the same experience. being a kid content on what verdanturf and the neighboring mauville had to offer, he didn't find the need to get out of his comfort zone and make the same memories with the place as her.

"i-it's like those blockbuster places, huh?" he awkwardly chimes in, trying to keep the conversation up in his attempt to be social. "like, it's very nostalgic, and..."

he clears his throat, unsure on how to continue the statement. he starts to pace faster further ahead, finding his way to the broken escalators that led to the basement floors. he figured they should work their way up if they were to be efficient.

"l-let's just give this place a proper sendoff."

close tab

played by

Champ

Sugar rabbit
She/her
Twenty-four
December 21
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Culinary chemist
Cadet
awards
177 posts
Vera Lindt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vera
Vera Lindt
whisked away [tt]
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2020 4:10:35 GMT
Vera Lindt Avatar
[nospaces]

there is a tilt of vera's head that kyle wouldn't get to see when he quickens his pace. were those stutters she heard? she hums as she catches up to him and his dragalge. "abandoned?" she suggests, leaning forward. stating the obvious is meant to obtain a reaction out of him - hopefully of the laughing kind, to go with her small chuckle.

[break][break]

"i think we can make these work for a bit." her eyes move from inspecting the escalator to her magnezone's hovering body. "pretzel, could you give it a zap for us?"

[break][break]

the magnets on each side of the magnezone are raised. they take a moment to aim a

zap cannon

that lands with a metallic sound very similar to that of an electronic device breaking. or cogs turning. either or. another second passes. the magnezone turns in a half circle, in their direction, and that's the precise moment in which the escalator remembers how to move.

[break][break]

"our ride's ready," she supposes.

toxic takeover mission
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,434 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
whisked away [tt]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2020 19:38:40 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he chuckles softly at her response, thankful that the mask will at least cover the minute changes in his expression.

kyle stops when she tells her magnezone to work its thing. within moments, the escalator starts to work, and if he thinks about it hard enough, it's like nothing's changed since the past. optimistic thinking doesn't work as effectively to him though, and instead focuses more on the task at hand.

stepping on it, he turns to vera and her magnezone and proceeds to bow his head slightly. "well, thank you," he responds, his tone genuine.

toxicity start to skyrocket the moment they descend. there has been no ventilation below, and so fumes proceed to stagnate at the lower levels. kyle tilts his head slightly to the direction of the dragalge behind him, who seemed to be ready despite its docile temperament.

he shines his phone's light at the smog, though it cannot penetrate enough. his dragalge starts to move defensively in front of kyle, however-- a sign that maybe there will be trouble soon.

"do you have anything to, uh, light the area, vera?" he defaults to her first name, unsure of what to address her.

close tab

played by

Champ

Sugar rabbit
She/her
Twenty-four
December 21
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Culinary chemist
Cadet
awards
177 posts
Vera Lindt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vera
Vera Lindt
whisked away [tt]
POSTED ON Oct 8, 2020 1:20:28 GMT
Vera Lindt Avatar
[nospaces]

an affirmative hum follows his words of thanks. considering vera herself doesn't think their actions worthy of proper gratitute, she takes them lightly as she steps down the escalator and into an abyss of dark purple.

[break][break]

"not consistently, but we could try." vera's mind wanders briefly to her chinchou and lanturn, whom she had thankfully left back home. she wouldn't be able to subject them to the dangers of poisonous fumes even if she'd brought them along. pretzel's

flash cannon

would have to make do. she nods in its direction.

[break][break]

dark wine turns into sangria as the antenna on the magnezone's head flashes white for a couple of seconds. its light manages to penetrate farther than kyle's phone, though the sea of fumes still looked endless from their spot. most notably, however, vera's eyes catch a stroke of pale green floating away.

[break][break]

"i think i saw something. a weezing? it went straight ahead."

toxic takeover mission
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,434 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
whisked away [tt]
POSTED ON Oct 15, 2020 19:41:00 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle manages to see a glimpse of the weezing, backing up vera's claims with a nod. there was no doubt that this pokemon was responsible for this.

"i wanna go home, so let's get this over with." he turns to his dragalge. "hydro pump."

the dragon-type releases a gush of water that dampens the entire place. following conventional rules, he wants to think that it'll help with explosions, though that wasn't always the case.

while he wasn't sure if it got hit with it, water fills the entire area where it was last spotted amid the smog. he sees a silhouette of a downed weezing at the end of the room, although a few smaller ones seemed to pop out.

"koffing?" kyle guesses as he turns back to vera to finish the job with her magnezone.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,434 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
whisked away [tt]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2020 19:02:51 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
eventually, the smoke subsides. all the dead fainted koffings and weezings litter the underground floor as soon as they're revealed when the curtain of poison is lifted.

"looks like we're done here."

kyle dials the number of the nearest ranger outpost to deal with the relocation of the fainted poison-types. they definitely do not belong in this abandoned mall, unless the plan is to bury them when they demolish this building for another one.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,720 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
whisked away [tt]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2020 1:43:44 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: