awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @birdie
BERNICE ALBERS
invader? i hardly know her!
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2020 0:18:24 GMT
BERNICE ALBERS Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]So it turns out bonding with your Pokemon is really hard, actually. Especially when some of your Pokemon absolutely hate each other. It's been days since Birdie caught her Dewpider, Bubbie, but Drifter still can't bear to share a space with him.

"I just don't get it, I mean you guys fought but now you're part of the same team!" she whispers down to Bubbie who is currently wandering in circles around her feet, apparently enamored with the tall grass and the way it bounces off his bubble helmet, "But don't take it personally he's like this with me too."

Her comfort is both unneeded and ungenuine. Bubbie doesn't seem to care much for her Murkrow or his feelings, either, and at the end of the day the only reason she's talking to him at all (to comfort him or otherwise) is because she's anxious.

Since she can't train with Bubbie and Drifter at the same time she's been alternating between them while trying to get a handle on what they can do. These training sessions are often unproductive and uneventful, but today she was spotted by a rancher who came up to her in a desperate huff.

Apparently some Beh-he-yehm have been hassling her livestock and she needs a trainer to fix the problem. Of course Birdie isn't the girl for the job. She doesn't know what a Beh-he-yehm is and she's hardly a trainer given her lack of experience, but for some reason she said yes. No, not for some reason. Because she would have felt foolish admitting she'd be no help and guilty to turn down someone so obviously in need.

"I mean it can't be that hard, right? It's just one Pokemon. You were just one Pokemon and I beat you!" she continues her whispered rambling and this time Bubbie even looks up to listen. Of course he has no answers -- though he does seem to take some issue with her wording; chittering a little at the end of her statement.

Well, whatever. The rancher said she has another trainer to help with the job, too. So if it's not already a done deal with just her, another set of hands (and Pokemon) ought to clinch it. Right?

mission
@open

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #f8a8c2[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
History repeats itself—first as a tragedy, then as a farce
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2020 8:18:44 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]
[attr="class","runruncirc"]

[attr="class","runrunimg"]

[attr="class","runrunlyric"]

[attr="class","runrunpost"]

valerio’s lazy feet drag his body into the ranch of miss halesberry on the outskirts of vendanturf. it doesn’t help that he has become uncharacteristically nosy about these ‘alien stuff.’ with rumors about the invasion going around the city, he realizes every opportunity like this brings him to a lead that may provide helpful in his organization’s objectives.[break][break]

but the frown plastered on his face begins to weigh more when what he expects to be an extraterrestrial phenomenon is just a girl talking to her pokémon.[break][break]

valerio closes his eyes and lets out a sigh, then glances back into the pair of lavander orbs in-front of him. “i’m assuming the rancher sends you too?” he chuckles as his hand reaches a capsule. a hydreigon appears. “that lady really doesn’t know how to wait.”[break][break]

ooc: beheeyem at the barnyard mission

[attr="class","runruntag"]#

[attr="class","runruncirc2"]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Montserrat:300,400,800]
[googlefont=Inconsolata:300,400,700,800]
[googlefont=Roboto:300,400,700]

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#7038f8;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#7038f8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag a]color:#7038f8!important;padding-left:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

sunshine

birdie
she/her
eighteen
october 11
sootopolis city
homosexual
amateur trainer
cadet
everybody loves a winner, so nobody loves me
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @birdie
BERNICE ALBERS
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2020 19:17:52 GMT
BERNICE ALBERS Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"She said it's stealing her Tauros in the night, isn't that kind weird," she's lowered herself down to Bubbie's level to continue the conversation at this point, knees bent at a 45 degrees angle and arms hanging over top of them, "I mean, now that I think about it it must be kinda tough then, right? I mean Tauros are big if I'm remembering right . . ."

This directionless chatter continues, and when paired with the focus Birdie is giving to Bubbie (who is now seated in the grass, or as seated as a Dewpider can get) blinds her to the approach of the stranger here to help her. It's not until he lets out a heavy sigh that Birdie jumps to her feet and turns to face him. Expecting a professional looking (hopefully veteran) trainer; she can't help but be a bit disappointed in what she sees.

Yeah, sure, she's not exactly a picture of strength herself, but this guy looks . . . lazy? Sloppy? His loose body language and the sullen chuckle he lets out just scream "slacker" to her.

"Uh, yeah, I guess . . ." she replies to his question, failing utterly at keeping her disappointment under wraps. Seriously, how much help could this dude be? "Let's get al--" Her words and any other negative thoughts she was sitting on are cut off by the arrival of the stranger's pokemon.

It is big, and menacing, and it sends a chill right down her spine just looking at it. Even with her lack of knowledge there's no question the thing is strong. She can tell that Bubbie feels the same way. A sudden weight on her right leg lets her know he's scuttled up onto the bottom of her pants.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2020 19:50:31 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

valerio ignores the blandness of her expression. for all he knows, the girl is also coerced by miss halesberry to help the ranch, like him. but when marvel, or perhaps distress, glistens in her purple orbs, the rocket knows he has to say something reassuring.[break][break]

“don’t worry, she doesn’t bite.” he pats the left-most head of the hydreigon, fingers slide through her cheek, then cuddles her chin. the girl may tell the dragon is liking the attention for her three heads smile and chortle and her tail wags along. “it's indra's turn training today. plus, i believe her moves are quite effective against our supposed target. a beheeyem, right?”[break][break]

his head bobs, left and right, checking on the livestock from as far as his vision goes. “have you seen something before we arrive?”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.runrun]width:350px;padding:14px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 1px #e3e3e3;color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrun2]background-color:#f0f0f0;position:relative;padding-top:50px;overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc]height:300px;width:400px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;position:absolute;margin:-210px -25px 0px -25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg]height:100px;width:100px;padding:13px;background-color:#ffffff;border:solid 2px #cccccc;border-radius:100%;margin:0px auto 20px auto;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunimg img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunlyric]font:40px Montserrat;font-weight:300!important;text-transform:lowercase;line-height:25px;color:#7038f8;letter-spacing:-2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost]padding:30px 40px 50px 40px;font:11px Roboto;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runrunpost font]font:bold 13px Montserrat;line-height:11px;color:#7038f8;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruntag]color:#ffffff;font:bold 7px Montserrat;line-height:7px;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;width:350px;position:absolute;text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.runruncirc2]height:200px;width:200px;background-color:#e3e3e3;border-radius:100%;margin:-25px 75px -150px 75px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

sunshine

birdie
she/her
eighteen
october 11
sootopolis city
homosexual
amateur trainer
cadet
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @birdie
BERNICE ALBERS
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2020 21:10:39 GMT
BERNICE ALBERS Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Any worry on Birdie's face turns to wonder as she watches the other trainer expertly handle this massive pokemon. Drifter will hardly let her brush against his feathers without getting indignant, so watching the interaction with "Indra" is no less than awesome in the most literal of senses. She is in awe.

Her perception of the man flips on its head in that moment. Far from the negative impression from earlier she now sees someone infinitely more experienced than her. She has so many questions -- how does he do that, how long have they been together, does he have any badges?

Unfortunately these questions are put on an indefinite hold as he brings up their quarry for the evening. It's hard not to flush with embarrassment as she realizes she doesn't know one way or the other whether his pokemon has an advantage against this Beh-he-yehm.

"Um, uh," her brain races for a path to an answer. What type could Indra be? Well its colors are kind of similar to Drifter -- lots of black, some dark blues and purples he definitely doesn't have but they're in line with a more gloomy aesthetic. So maybe it's dark type?

"Right since Indra is . . . a dark type . . ." and what's that strong against? There's only a couple, right? Her eyebrows knit together with the effort behind her thought, "Then Beh-he-yehm is a ghost type! Right! Yeah, she's totally strong against it!"

There's a pride that removes all the weight of confusion from her face as she believes she's cracked the code. That's how it's been getting the Tauros! Possession, no doubt! She's so sure that she doesn't even give him time to respond before jumping onto his next question.

"I haven't seen the Pokemon or anything, but I mean the Tauros haven't been going over there," on 'there' she points to a corner of the ranch eerily unoccupied by the milling pokemon, "Follow me! I bet there's a clue or something!"

Bolstered by her unearned confidence she takes off for the vacant bit of grass, jogging with Bubbie swinging loosely from the back of her jacket. Apparently he'd been climbing during all of this.

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2020 19:34:23 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

“uh... right.” hesitation paints valerio's confused expression, hazel-colored eyes fixate on the pinkette with her dewpider. did miss halesberry hire an amateur trainer to handle beheeyems? what is she even thinking? those are the questions that cross his mind before she offers valerio to tag along. indra and her trainer exchange dubious glances but the man nods his head and decides to follow.[break][break]

he resigns himself with a scornful look as he tails the overconfident lass, his arms crossed in support of his head. at least she brings a bug-type, he reassures himself. but if she thinks beheeyem is a ghost-type, which is of course, incorrect, then what is her supposed strategy? does she even have know what type advantages are? he flusters with frustration as his nails scratch into his scalp.[break][break]

“say... pinky,” valerio realizes he has not even asked for her name yet. “are you to be a pokémon trainer? you wanna go on the pokémon league challenge?”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

sunshine

birdie
she/her
eighteen
october 11
sootopolis city
homosexual
amateur trainer
cadet
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @birdie
BERNICE ALBERS
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2020 19:52:44 GMT
BERNICE ALBERS Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Birdie reaches the bit of empty grass she pointed to earlier before waiting patiently for the other trainer to catch up. Full of renewed energy (riding the high of being accompanied by an ace trainer and remembering her type advantages) she can't help but bounce from one foot to the other while the man takes his time walking after her.

"Well, uh, Red," she follows his naming scheme once she also realizes they hadn't properly introduced themselves, "I guess?"

She crosses her arms as she thinks about the question.

"I mean, I don't know what else I'm going to do out here, right? I might as well try," she replies in a thoughtless tone, with the same amount of energy you might expect from someone applying to bag groceries. Birdie knows she doesn't have any great passion (or talent) for pokemon training, but what else is she going to do? Her options are limited . . .

Before she can dwell on the thought for too much longer, or an awkward air can crop up around her words, a series of shrill beeps and screeches issue from the treeline right outside the nearby ranch fence.

A shifting, purple aura wraps around the Dewpider hanging from Birdie's back and then -- woosh -- Bubbie is suddenly yanked into the treeline. He takes Birdie's coat with him. It's violently pulled off her arms with enough force to pop her joints and lay her out on the ground.

"Ah! What the fuck!?" she shouts from the dirt, crossing her arms to clutch at her shoulders. A few experimental rolls thankfully show they're still in their sockets, but they hurt like all hell.

beheeyem - telepathy
psychic // zen headbutt // headbutt // teleport

wild beheeyem appeared!
beheeyem used psychic on dewpider

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2020 20:22:16 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

“you can try to study, pinky.” there is nothing affectionate in valerio's teasing tone but he tries to pat her head like what a brother does, only to be caught by the coat flying off the girl's arms by the dewpider trapped in psychoc. he watches her being shoved to the ground in pain, making indra yowl in agitation and prepares for retaliation.[break][break]

each of her three heads breathe a puff of silver energy and fires them as metallic beams into the unsuspecting beheeyem. the flash cannons' impact breaks its control from the dewpider but it immediately teleports above the hydreigon, attempting a zen headbutt.[break][break]

“yikes, you wouldn't want to do that.” the extraterrestrial plonks into the dark dragon but she recovers instantly as her heads coil into each limb and attempt a direct heat wave into the target.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

sunshine

birdie
she/her
eighteen
october 11
sootopolis city
homosexual
amateur trainer
cadet
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @birdie
BERNICE ALBERS
POSTED ON Sept 20, 2020 20:32:43 GMT
BERNICE ALBERS Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]The studying comment rattles around in her head as she rolls about on the ground. She thinks about arguing that she has been studying, but it's probably not the time. And even if it was it's not like it prepared her for all of this.

"Agh, son of a --" she rolls onto her front before slowly standing up, arms still crossed over her chest and hands still massaging her aching shoulders, "Bubbie! You okay?"

The question is asked as she swings her head from side to side trying to keep track of the action that's broken out. Between the flashy moves and the quick decisions being made on both sides she struggles to keep up. It's only when the wild pokemon is caught by HEAT WAVE and hits the ground hard that she has a chance to think and react.

"You said you're alright, right?" she asks Bubbie again, this time actually looking at him as he stumbles his way back to her side, "Okay just a little disoriented -- fuck, my shoulders -- Infestation!"

She gestures towards the toppled Beheeyem with her head. INFESTATION, the move Bubbie used on Drifter, is the one attack of his she fully understands. It stopped her from returning Drifter during their fight, so hopefully . . .

After a moment to line up his shot Bubbie takes a deep breath and exhales. A swarm of small, nondescript insects pour from his mouth before encircling the 'mon-napper. It lets out a series of more irritated beeps and screeches as the INFESTATION begins to properly bite and pick at its hard exterior. A panicked TELEPORT fizzles out the moment it's used.

No escape, just like Birdie hoped.

beheeyem - telepathy

beheeyem was hit by heat wave
beheeyem was hit by infestation

beheeyem used teleport . . . it failed!

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2020 17:16:33 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

“you've got moves, pinky,” valerio doesn't fail to comment on the girl and dewpider's move as his hydreigon frees herself from the beheeyem. not only does the infestation trap the target but it proves effective in beating down the extraterrestrial. “got any other moves like that?”[break][break]

indra soars above the hovering alien mon and follows the spider's effort to trample it with its dragon energy. purple orbs materialize from each maw and plunge towards their prey—a flawless display of draco meteor into its prey. the dragonic boulders of energy knock down the beheeyem into the grassland.[break][break]

as valerio approaches, a beeping sound reverberates through the chilly air. the rocket stands back. “it's weakened, but it still puts up a fight. what will you do?”[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

sunshine

birdie
she/her
eighteen
october 11
sootopolis city
homosexual
amateur trainer
cadet
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @birdie
BERNICE ALBERS
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2020 20:35:19 GMT
BERNICE ALBERS Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]As if the success of her plan wasn't enough, the praise from the other trainer has Birdie beaming. The earlier studying comment resurfaces in her brain. Pride swelling she shoots a cocky smile at the man alongside a double peace sign.

"That's just a lil' bit of my studies on display! Just watch!" even as she speaks she's scanning her memory for more material. If just emulating Bubbie's fight with Drifter worked once, why not twice? And the perfect inspiration strikes her as she watches the dark dragon rain hell on the Beh-he-yehm. It's probably getting frustrated about now, right?

"Bubbie, get ready to Lunge!" she shouts excitedly, and as if infected by her energy her Dewpider perks up. Bubbie makes little hops left to right as the smoke around the Beh-he-yehm clears. What's revealed is a pokemon on its last legs. Armor cracked and scorched black in places, infinitesimal bugs burrowing deeper into weak spots, it gives one last series of screeches before making a desperate charge forward.

It's met halfway by a LUNGE. It doesn't go quite as well as the INFESTATION had. The Beh-he-yehm's charge wasn't just a charge, the material on its forehead gleams with the sheen of a HEADBUTT. The gap in the strength between the two pokemon is large even at this stage in the fight; and Bubbie is sent crashing back into the dirt.

But, in the wake of the collision the wild pokemon teeters. And stumbles. And then falls. It got a good hit on Birdie's Dewpider, but it was ultimately too battered to take that LUNGE -- even if it won the trade.

beheeyem - telepathy

beheeyem was hit by draco meteor
beheeyem was hurt by infestation

beheeyem used headbutt on dewpider
dewpider used lunge on beheeyem

the wild beheeyem fainted!

close tab

played by

lancelot

Rocket Daddy
he / him / his
thirty eight
october 29
Hammerlocke, Galar
gay
n/a
ex-beast
awards
789 posts
part of
TAG WITH @valerio
Valerio Dachev
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2020 6:54:39 GMT
Valerio Dachev Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","runrun"]
[attr="class","runrun2"]

“pinky, i must admit it's quite impressive,” valerio's amusement, however, is not short of smugness while watching her dewpider struggle against the three-foot extraterrestrial. the bug-type's finally lunge does the trick and the hydreigon doesn't even need to see that their enemy has already fallen down.[break][break]

“indra, return.” red light surrounds the dark dragon before it is absorbed by her capsule. the man checks up on the fallen alien to see if it's still moving, giving the pinkette a thumbs up for a job well done.[break][break]

“i guess all that's left to do is to tell the rancher that she wouldn't be needing us anytime soon.” he snickers as he folds his arms back behind his head and ushers the girl to walk to miss halesberry's house.[break][break]

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,911 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2020 20:36:15 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: