part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
uncut [m][open]
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2020 14:58:18 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

open
DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH MISSION

smoke wafted out of a cracked window. lulu’s eyes watched a light go out on a box at the back door of the building, and then tucked away a device she’d been using to send a radio signal to disarm the alarm system. she turned to hand something that looked a bit like a computer card to her partner. “here’s your key.” she told them plainly, and then climbed into the back of the van.

her fingertips pecked away at a keyboard, cascading code reflecting in the lenses of thin, utilitarian frames. her cigarette hung out of the side of her mouth as she squinted through a dated prescription. when a tiled window showing the security footage appeared on her screen, she cleared her throat and spoke into a headset. “i’m in. you’re clear except for security in an office in the back.” she sipped a cup of lukewarm coffee. “looks like he’s asleep.”

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
uncut [m][open]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2020 5:46:04 GMT
Deleted Avatar
three weeks. it had been three weeks since virgil had done anything for team rocket and higher ups were beginning to take notice. there was an unspoken agreement that in his earliest days with the organization, while his wings were still wet with the burden of societal obligation, he'd be more or less free to support rocket in his own way. but three weeks of actual nothing was nobody's 'way' and it was about time for him to show off what he was worth to team rocket.

a few accommodations, for the sake of his identity; black antibacterial gloves, a pair of shoes to be burned after and a thick wool mask to keep his face out of the logbooks. beyond that, he hoped to keep his pokemon on hold. his didn't wear anything identifiable but it narrowed things down even if only slightly; and slightly was too much for virgil. he made his way to the back door and nodded back to the van before pulling down his mask and sliding the keycard through its reader to a satisfying beep and a green light as it unlocked.

almost as soon as he entered a whine of electricity sounded in his ear, the bluetooth headset pressed up against the side of his head crackling on. only good news. in a hushed tone, "copy." and nothing more as he pressed on. he stopped at the security booth in the back where the store's paragon of vigilance kicked back, dead asleep. the door was ajar and it would be secured with a maglock, were it closed. an idea bounced its way around virgil's head.

checks out, the guard was asleep, but there was a lot of jewelry here and it would be a lot easier if they dealt with him now.

virgil took a few steps back where he'd come from, back where he'd called before and had no issue, and tapped two fingers lightly on his headset to activate it. "can we fry communications? if we can lock the dog in his kennel he won't be able to do shit save bark." it might not work and it all depended on to what degree lulu would be able to kill coms and the controls but virgil considered it worth the shot.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
every night i burn, dream the black crow dream
awards
4,362 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
uncut [m][open]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2020 6:31:14 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

@virgil

lulu considered it for a moment, taking a puff. “nope—if i jam the airwaves, we lose each other. you’re gonna have to take care of that some other way.” she adjusted her glasses up the bridge of her nose and hung closer still to the screen, squinting at the cellular device sitting precariously on a desk edge. he'd need to bite the bullet and grab it, if he wanted to bide them enough time to really get the job done.

“i’ve got you on the door, though. working on it, now.” her fingers still tapped away all the while as she homed in on the inner workings of their security, cutting power to the lock, so that when it was shut on the man it would remain shut, regardless of what he did from the inside.

“waiting on you.” she anticipated his go-ahead, momentarily taking her hands from the keyboard and sipping her coffee again. her amber eyes squinted on her partner, and then back to the phone, curious what his actions might be. she hadn’t seen this guy before. new, maybe? she hoped he wouldn't choke. she tired of doubling as crazy getaway driver. the goal was to drive off without being flanked by the league.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
uncut [m][open]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2020 6:56:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
virgil could feel her eyes on him even given their positions. he knew he was being scrutinized over his every move. this wasn't his first job but it was one of the first and it would at the very least paint who he was to rocket in the eyes of this crucial member.

he nodded wordlessly and cautiously made his way back to the door, his attention latching onto the guard as soon as he was in view. still asleep, good. virgil swallowed hard and stepped forward, placing his back against the metal of the doorframe as soon as his foot passed it by. all he needed to do was grab the phone and figure out if they had any emergency alarms. his eyes narrowed against his surroundings as he took it all in.

the control panel was rudimentary. there was a device to control the monitors that had already been stolen away by lulu and to the far side was a server, slim computer after computer stacked atop one another to run all the hard wired electrical in this room no doubt.

and all the electrical would include local coms.

his eyes traced a trio of thick electrical cords coming out the back of the server along the wall and down into a large power strip on the ground. he did all but chuckle to show his amusement at the place's mediocre systems. no doubt there was a failsafe in place if the wired systems failed and no doubt that failsafe was the alarm system that'd already been taken care of by lulu.

virgil entered the room proper and had to make some quick decisions. if he cut the power now, the absence of static in the air might be enough to wake the guard but grabbing the phone now of course ran the risk of waking the guard simply by stumbling and making noise. he'd just have to not stumble. he moved silently to desk, placing his feet on the ground the way he'd been taught, toe first and slowly roll to the heel, to make the least noise and slowly picked the phone up by its extended antenna.

he then moved to the side of the room with the server and deftly drew a knife from his pocket, kneeling down to, in one fluid motion, both flip the switch on the power strip and cut the wire entirely a few inches down. his eyes shot back to the guard as lights dimmed, the monitors switched off and the hum of electricity quieted. no movement. virgil saved the breath of relief for once he was outside. he checked the camera in the corner, whose light still blinked its ominous red, and gave it a quick thumbs up before standing and making haste to the door.

once safely outside he pulled the door shut. it was heavy and loud and in an instant the guard scrambled from his chair and up to see it slowly closing before him. the man's eyes raced around the room and his hand shot out instinctively to hit a button on the desk. but, just as soon as he'd pressed it a look of confusion crossed his face. the door clicked shut. virgil grinned and tapped his headset.

"now."

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,362 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
uncut [m][open]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2020 7:50:36 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

@virgil

lulu continued to squint at him. while her computer did what it could to enhance the image, she was, essentially, at the mercy of a shitty security camera’s resolution. it took her a moment too long to realize what he was doing. “h—hey, wait, DON—” and then… the screen never went black. lights went out in the office and down the hall, but she could tell by his movements that they were still together.

“you crazy asshole.” she shook her head. “i could’ve cut the power, i just thought we’d lose the cameras.” hitting her cigarette. “hope you have a flashlight. help me help you.” for some reason, this was tickling her. she whistled a low laugh under her breath as she exhaled smoke, rolling ashes into a tray. it had been a slick move. it had crossed her mind, as well, initially.

her fingertips went away at the keys again briefly, and power was suddenly injected into the door, an electrical current vibrating and sealing the alerted guard on the inside. it’d be an easy job, now, and hopefully one she wouldn’t need to leave the van or break the speed limit for. she kicked back, watching vigilantly where she could see through the shadows and static.

“i’ve disarmed all other locks. you’re looking for a safe. that card should work on it, too.”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
uncut [m][open]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2020 12:20:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
three satisfyingly chunky clicks sounded in rhythm as the electromagnetically controlled deadbolts slid into their respective homes, trapping the helpless guard inside. "enjoy the rest of your nap" he muttered under his breath as he turned away to face the rest of the shop. he had to admit, he didn't expect the lights in the entire place to go out too but with the cameras still working he was just gonna play it cool.

he nodded at the suggestion and eyed the phone he'd just stolen. with a swipe of his thumb and a couple deft taps he had the flashlight on and the hallway illuminated. he tossed the thing into his off-hand and touched the headset once more to quickly respond. "copy." all business this guy.

as virgil entered the main room he let the beam of light sweep across the display cases. thousands of tiny sparkles, indicating the sea of jewels before him, glittered back at him. were he looking to get something for a special someone, he may've been tempted to smash the glass of one or two of the cases and pocket a necklace or two. but the more he did the messier the job got. but, that could work out in their favor.

virgil's light landed on a small safe in the far corner and a smirk tore its way across his face under the mask. he made his way over, past a few ropes, barring the common visitor from getting close, and stepped confidently on an array of metal circles on the floor that no doubt would have shot out infrared beams had they not prepped as well as they had for this. he ran a finger along the top edge of the safe, savoring the cool of the metal through the thin latex between it and the pad of his finger. victory.

he slid the card through a reader on the front and was met with the same beep he'd heard outside as he heard the locks slide open. opening the door, he revealed several stones set in a velvet base. "we've got them." he plucked each one out of its resting place and placed them into a sack at his side made of thick soft material. "i can head out now or we can rough the place up a bit and make it look like a common robbery. there're pros and cons. you're call."

his hand fell to his side and returned to the hallway with the security room, prepared for either option.

close tab

played by

mad

saoirse quinn
she/her
twenty-eight
october 27th
circhester, galar
bisexual
physicist / inventor
executive
the shadows breathe
whispering me away
5’8” height
5’8” height
awards
4,362 posts
Lulu Flint DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lulu
Lulu Flint
uncut [m][open]
POSTED ON Sept 30, 2020 5:17:48 GMT
Lulu Flint Avatar

@virgil

when the light from the phone flicked on, lulu leaned back and watched him, curiously. however, she gave up on trying to squint at each fine detail on the screen, and fairly comfortable that things would go on without a hitch, as planned.

she knew the safe when she saw it. unworried, she didn’t flinch, seeming almost bored. when he retrieved their haul and alerted her, a small smile crossed her lips. “good.” then, at his offer, a husky chuckle could be heard over the waves. “can’t hide skill like ours, hotshot. come on back.”

had the guard not been present or woken up, she might’ve urged him to go ahead and break things, but the man knew they were being robbed, and the safe would likely be checked immediately when he was outside of their restraint. she saw no sense in trying to cover up what would be obvious, regardless, with little to no digging on anyone’s behalf.

she pushed up to the driver’s seat again, lifting herself up over the center console and then unfurling her legs below the steering wheel. she craned her head to get a good view of the door through a mirror, expecting his blonde head to pop out at any moment. as soon as he found his ass in the seat, they’d be off down the road, with hopefully only time for a short chat on the ride before their dive to the submarine. everything was taken care of. there would be records of nothing, even from the outside camera, which she’d parked at a strategic angle from.