2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
fruition . [ private]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2020 10:09:14 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait had gotten properly dressed by the time he mumbled nonsensically in the room over, going about her day as usual as she left him to his rest. hypno had helpfully informed her of the time he returned and she sympathized with his desire to remain on the couch. at her desk and in her office she tapped away at her laptop, working her way through her emails and keeping tabs on the local news. 

social media was abuzz with the war, with most civilians having been uprooted from their homes and filling their pages with protests or support. even her own tribe had been forced to flee, which left her mostly alone in the aftermath. she had received a call only an hour ago by her father, who sounded the usual amount of worried. 

"sénon?"

she stood to retrieve another drink, pausing as she entered the living area to peer at the man.

"you can take my bed if you want," she said, gesturing in the general direction of her presently unoccupied bedroom. 

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
you gotta use what you've learned in order to receive what you've earned
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
fruition . [ private]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2020 15:35:19 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

He cut his over indulgence short at the sound of Cait's voice.

If he was going to be an under achiever for the day, he wasn't going to do it in front of her. "No, I'm up." He voice still hiding in his uncleared throat he sounded like a four-a-day smoker.

Clearing his throat, "so.." he smiled at her through his grogginess "second date." He stood and began to stretch in a yawn.

Gathering his things he began to dress; he needed a shower and a change of clothes. Her getting on with her daily routine of normalcy encouraged him to do the same. Although in truth, they should have been a cluster entangled limbs and exchanged fluids right now.

He was waiting on the phone call from the league to tell him where he was needed any day now. September was pretty much over and league analysts suggested the real grit of the action would be in the overlap between September and October.

For all either of them knew, these were their last days.

Chemistry and Biology being what they were he ignored the tent in his pants honestly not drawing attention to it, letting it subside on its own. So were the natural morning struggles of the man who slept and was now getting dressed to go.

He stood near the door, hair draped, slowly getting his shoes on. "Where does a retired Gym Leader go when the aliens start invading?"

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
fruition . [ private]
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2020 20:45:40 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

it was surprisingly pleasant to see him in such a state, his imperfections shining through and catching her eye. her gaze shifted to take in his form, the smile which tugged at the corners of her lips easily betraying her amusement. 

"before the invasion 
i tended to my garden, my pokemon and visited my family. on top of that, i was working on my degree." 

work, of course, was layered on top of that. but since she was presently in the league's reserve unit, she could now do as she pleased on a regular basis. and she wasn't called upon often when it came to silph's family-owned business. 

"
but seeing as my family's gone - along with a majority of the civilian population - and my schooling has been put on hold for obvious reasons, i focus on a combination of training and taking care of my pokemon."

cait's grin widened a fraction.

"
shower," she repeated, her tone fond. "i'll get those clothes of yours cleaned and then we handle that second date you just mentioned."

she thrust a finger toward her room again.

"
wrap yourself up with a towel until they're done. i'd offer a robe and a fresh change of clothing - but i don't have anything your size."  

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
fruition . [ private]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2020 6:17:19 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

He'd only managed to get one shoe on before she insinuated she wanted him to stay with a charming amount of insistence.

It was nice to be wanted, needed.

It was strange how people could live on without the things that mattered the most to them. Like a lizard missing limbs. If they went too long without those things they might have lost sense on how much those 'limbs' mattered, only for it to all come back once they finally got back what they were missing.

Leaving them to wonder how the hell they endured without it in the first place.

There was something in the way she'd said his name last night on the couch, how surprised and complete she sounded. It was a simple and warm thing that he would remember until his last breath, and every time he felt alone until that breath.

He followed her request with a playful acceptance. "Whatever you want Cait."

He showered once thorough lathered and hard scrubbed, his hair he shampoo'd twice over. Emerging from the shower almost an hour after he got in. Mentally refreshed and freshly cleaned he dried off only briefly before wrapping his waist in the dampened towel tucking its corner in to keep it in place.

Water still dripping from his hair he stepped softly into the bedroom.

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
fruition . [ private]
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2020 13:30:13 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

'okay,' she thought. 'i think things are going to  be okay.'

he seemed alright despite the interpersonal discourse that had occurred the day prior and she appeared relieved. quickly gathering up his clothing once he was out of sight, she'd place the fabrics in the wash and make her way to the front door. his bulbasaur was still out and about, having - thankfully - remained near her cabin.

"c'mere, baby. let's get you fed."

she cooed at the creature, coaxing him inside and tempting him with a bowl of pokefood. it was the stuff that was specifically tailored to cater to grass-types who were still developing into adulthood, though her supply was dwindling.

'i'll need to visit the market soon. let's hope they still have this stuff in stock - otherwise i'll need to start prepping their food myself.' 

there was a bit of a shortage on supplies nowadays, the trade routes restricted or entirely closed off due to the war. there was a steady supply of milk from milktank and her flock of flying-types frequently delivered unfertilized eggs. food also wasn't an issue, especially since she lived off a mostly vegetable diet; but she'd much rather have a steady supply of medication, supplements and other modern conveniences at her disposal. 

'a world without tampons,' she thought, shuddering slightly at the idea. 

"
here you go."

the plastic bowl was placed before the bulbasaur, the girl leaning against her kitchen's counter as she observed the creature before reuniting with senon in her bedroom. she'd lean against her door's frame, a pleased little smile on her face.

"
your pokemon in the mood to eat? i can get something made for 'em.

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
fruition . [ private]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2020 14:34:10 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

He wondered if he was being too hard on his runts.

He watched the bulbasaur's eyes light up at the prospect of new food but noticing him within view it held back from eating at first, looking at him to affirm or deny its surprise meal. Watching it for a small while when it finally looked to him he turned and looked away letting it do what it wanted.

He hadn't known her very long but it seemed they would be making an honest go of it and they weren't far off from bearing their vulnerabilities to each other; last night being a splash it what would otherwise be deep waters.

What he didn't know of Cait, he could still trust her to feed one of his little ones.

With his lack of disapproval the baby began to munch away with the hunger of a charmander.

"No, they're all good for a while longer." He leaned his wet head back against the wall, arms crossed. A crown of magma flowing down his back, shoulders and collarbone. He closed his eyes, "That one's just young and over-indulgent."

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
fruition . [ private]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2020 20:45:43 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"that's how most babies are."

she smiles fondly at the bulbasaur, reminded of her own venusaur and the grass-type's hardy daughter. 

"
your clothes are in the dryer," she informed, helpfully. "it'll take around a half hour before they're good to go." 

the young woman had the urge to close the distance, though she refrained from doing so as she stepped out of the bedroom; beckoning him all the while.

"
i wanted to talk while we wait."

there was one topic she wanted to breach - the one which warranted such a strong reaction out of the male. she'd settle on the couch where they had rested on the night prior, crossing her legs neatly and patting the area beside her.

"
it's about celebi," she began. "and me."  

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
fruition . [ private]
POSTED ON Oct 3, 2020 20:50:25 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

He didn't move nor stir at the mention of his green little greedling nor his drying clothes. These were things he already knew and content as he was in the moment he still emoted in a manner stoic.

It wasn't until she mentioned her wanting to talk that he opened an eye to find her.

Sitting on a couch in her living room he came over uncrossing his arms and sitting in a corner of the couch where he could stretch his arms over the couch's arm and spine. Staring down at his own core he let the name that she'd said play back.

Celebi.

It took a short while for him to process what she'd said, in that processing he was forced to re-contextualize what he'd seen the night before.

He could only barely remember the myths from his time spend in Goldenrod. Celebi was some kind of time entity wasn't it? Could that have really been what he'd seen staring him down just outside these walls? ". . ." It wasn't his way to slow up an explanation with questions. Better to let the person with the information share what they would and save his own questions for the end.

He listened with intent but his brows furrowed is a mixture of confusion and bewilderment that bordered on disbelief. "You and Celebi." Still furrowed and frowning he forced his eyes closed, as if doing so would help him focus on her.

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
fruition . [ private]
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2020 9:40:17 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

'this is going to be difficult,' she thought.

she resisted the urge to nervously lick her lips, mulling over how she could explain her status without risking scaring him off again.

"my family - my tribe - worshipped celebi for generations," she explained, allowing that explanation to serve as her prelude. "
even before we migrated to hoenn we actively worshipped the fae."

the practice of worshipping legends had dwindled, her generation in particular less willing to bend a knee to what some perceived as deities. but cait remained steadfast in her beliefs, regarding the immortal creatures as individuals worthy of their admiration and praise.

"
around two years ago i witnessed articuno manifest themselves before us. it was in the middle of the war with rocket, so i decided to seek out celebi. i did so out of concern. rocket was a risk to us all - including the gods."

cait stopped suddenly, her eyes blinking rapidly. her shoulders sagged slightly, recent memories remerging and making a mockery of her attempt to safeguard her own god. but she didn't speak of it, the slight pressure to her skull reemerging but evaporating shortly after.

"
so i called out and celebi came," she said, simplifying her overall journey. "and i became their avatar."

another pause as she gauged sénon's expression.

"
i can show you - if you want - what i can do."  

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
fruition . [ private]
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2020 20:04:06 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

For most of the explanation Cait turned out he fought to keep to his eyes closed. Moment to moment as he took in her tale his mind made mosaics of her miraculous recounting.

When she offered to prove her story he didn't move nor open his eyes. "That's not necessary." He still frowned, piecing it all together. It wasn't that he didn't believe her. There were some things in life a person could never forget. There was something so otherworldly about the encounter last night that clawed at the back of his mind.

There was only one other moment in the twenty-five year expanse of his memories that came close to his encounter with Celebi. Even now nearly twenty years later he could see it dancing in the moonlight.

Even if his mind questioned the authenticity of that which he'd seen.

He'd never had the confidence to tell anyone what he'd seen. Cinnabar being a hub of science and the place he proudly called home, he questioned the validity of his own memory over the years.

His own sightings or imagined sightings aside, he sat quietly. "Is there more?" Still waiting to hear it all before he drew conclusion or decided whatever it was he was supposed to decide.

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
fruition . [ private]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2020 11:10:30 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

https://i.imgur.com/vgOgIbB.png

"..."

her expression settled into one that appeared to be a combination of somber and contemplative. she appeared to be mulling over the details of her life, visibly pondering over if they were relevant enough to mention. 

"
anything else is almost entirely public record. i was a gym leader for over a year and now i'm just an officer in the reserves."

cait's gaze swiveled back onto the male, a small spike of anxiety felt. it made her wish for a fraction of a second that she was normal; that she lacked an excessive amount of metaphorical layers that could be readily peeled back.

'maybe that's what he wants,' she thought. 'someone with an obvious lack of baggage.' 

she released a little sigh. 

"
for these past few years i've been... lonely," she admitted. "i quit being a gym leader because i wanted a social life again. i wanted and still want to finish school, own my own land, find a man or a woman that i can be happy with - and start a family of my own down the road."

cait laid her desires before him, allowing her dreams to be fully scrutinized.

"
i may not live long enough for that, i suppose. but i at least want to start working toward it."

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
fruition . [ private]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2020 20:46:02 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

It wasn't hard to understand what her dreams and desires meant to her. They all felt like they were running out of time. Sénon knew what it was like to be lonely, he even learned what it was like to live with it. The rest of it afflicting her was out of his experience.

The conflict with the megaloploans in the background of their lives slowly the warfront to the forefront it was more likely than not he would have more experience before long.

"You said you're celebi's 'avatar'." He still didn't spare her a look as his mind focused on the input. "What does that mean?" Was it something she could even put into words?

To be herald to a divine being was probably a death grip on a normal life. To be such a thing during an other-worldly conflict with extraterrestrials was probably akin to living under an anvil, stifling any life normal or abstract.

Or maybe it wasn't. Worshiping a time deity couldn't have been all sacrifices and paradoxes. If Cerebi was really a time deity as legend told.

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
fruition . [ private]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2020 22:58:04 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"it could mean a multitude of things, i suppose. each legend is individualized. they possess their own goals and desires which vary wildly. but it is my belief that they acknowledge a human's potential to shape the world - to drive it toward a certain point. celebi, for example, desires peace. and my family were pacifists so that we could follow our lord's example; we even refrained from battling unless it was absolutely necessary."

it was one reason why she was widely considered a novice when compared to so many within her generation. she was still in the midst of grasping the basics two years later, not possessing a natural talent for the common sport.

"another legend could desire conflict - or wish to obtain a certain something."

another pause as she considered how she could effectively explain her attachment to celebi, her gaze shifting to and fro. 

"as their avatar...." she explained. "i've been blessed with powers to more efficiently serve my purpose. i can heal and grow plants - i can travel through time if i really wanted to. but i refrain from doing so for obvious reasons. when you were hurt from the blast when we first met - i... healed you when you lost consciousness."

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
fruition . [ private]
POSTED ON Oct 6, 2020 23:27:27 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

It wasn't a pokerface that made his frown fixed and his jaw locked. It wasn't disbelief that made him quiet as she explained and tried to make sense of her claims for him. He didn't emote because none of it seemed so farfetched, none of it sounded like crazy talk, only like faith or magic. Her family were pacifistic worshipers of a time entity. His mother restored life to fossilized pokémon remains and his father was a chef which was a science twisted into art or perhaps art twisted into science.

Regardless his family wasn't one of faith nor religion. In practice they were scientists. But science could only explain what it could explain, some things in this world it just couldn't.

He had enough hope and belief in his heart to leave room for what logic and evidence couldn't explain so he'd waited patiently as she spoke.

It wasn't until she mentioned an ability to time travel at will that his face fell into his hands and he began to groan, like he'd been stabbed in the gut.

Part of it was his mind rejecting the notion of time travel and the pain of having to make room for such a concept in his new understanding of reality. An equal and responding part of the groan was the possibility that Cait was insane and they'd already had sex.

He had strict rules about not laying with and potentially making a baby with, a crazy woman.

Even with his groaning time travel imbued unto the avatar of a 'time-god' made just enough sense that he didn't get up and leave immediately instead he ran his cupped hands up and down his face as he weighed out her heavy statements. ". . ."

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
fruition . [ private]
POSTED ON Oct 7, 2020 0:16:57 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"you don't believe me."

her gaze narrowed as he showed naught more than exasperation when she told him of her potential. her shoulders sagged slightly, her lips twisting downwards into a scowl before she schooled her features in the face of his disbelief.

"
do you?"

she gave a shaky little sigh and stood up, deciding to allow him to process this information.

"
i'm going to prepare lunch for us," she said, simply. "do you mind a vegetable plate? or do you prefer meat?"

cait's tone was carefully measured, the girl gesturing in the general direction of the kitchen.