310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
love is putting someone else’s needs before your own
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2020 16:31:03 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
as he slept within his room, evelyn had been in the kitchen. she was cooking up a celebratory feast for her brother's return home. though, it wasn't going all that well. though she may have been vocally gifted, she severely lacked the ability to comprehend the culinary arts. so, with help from food delivery service, she would sit out a meal befitting a king.

once done, the blonde songstress would come to slowly open his door. wondering if the councilman had awoken from his deep slumber. she'd have her sight covered just in case he was indecent. " , are you there?" evelyn asked, "a-and are you decent?" her hand remained upon the door. slightly she'd peek into her brother's room, wondering if he had been up. "breakfast is ready."

notes: boom, bitch

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
POWER IS TAKEN, NEVER GIVEN—SO TAKE WHAT YOU ARE OWED
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2020 7:22:22 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Ugh.

The councilman barely rouses from his slumber at the sound of someone’s voice. He doesn’t recognize it in his daze but his innate alertness is enough to perk up when called upon. “Mmm. Fuck,” he mutters to himself, reaching for his phone and checking his notifications before absentmindedly tossing it off the bed and resuming his sleep.

It takes a moment for the sound of his phone hitting the floor to really wake him up. The fact that his sleep was already interrupted is good enough to prevent him from dozing back to sleep, no matter how badly he wants it. “Fuck,” he grumbles once more, running his hand through his hair and sitting upright.

Although only seconds have passed, his recollection takes longer for it to piece together. He blinks several times, swallowing his surroundings before sighing. “I’m up,” he announces, stretching his arms before standing up. He’s only donned in his boxers but the Silph has never had any reservations with nudity, especially in private.

How long have I been out,” is the first real question to leave his mouth as he makes eye contact with the door. He moves over to the other end of the bed, picking up his phone, before stopping short of his bedroom door. “And anything important happen while I was out?

Even in the comfort of his own home, his devotion to work never ends.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #90c1f9[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
to be a flower you need rainy days.
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2020 7:47:07 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
upon opening the door fully, she'd come inside of the room. slightly closing the door. she had assumed fernando was awake, but that wasn't the case as she'd come to be surprised by fernando's seminaked appearance. startled, she'd accidentally close the door fully. no longer had it been open.

"o-oh, well..." she'd come to look toward the surface. shifty hues unable to look her brother in the face. hands were placed behind her back as fingers curled and twiddled about. "...everything's been running as it should, those who remained out of the war followed the orders you left behind. did great at leading everyone on and off the battlefield," evelyn informed. cheeks became a tint of pink as she thought about how amazing it was to see in action.

"dahlia's a really strong person, to have been at the forefront of it all." evelyn's gaze had become narrowed. pondering on the weight the commissioner carried. she honestly envied the woman, "but what about you, you shouldn't be out of bed fernando..." evelyn said worryingly.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2020 7:57:52 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“Yeah, yeah.

Fernando bemoans any praise toward Dahlia for the same reason he does . Regardless of how well warranted it may be, having someone go on and on about either person seems more droning once they stop saying anything of substance. In any other scenario, maybe he would’ve spared Evelyn a fake but concerning reaffirmation in her admiration but not after the headache of the Megalopolan war.

At this point, I can’t be worried about her. She’s lived through more attempts at her life than I have. She’s unkillable.

He states that with a laugh but not without his own prejudices. How someone of her stature can be so carefree and appeal to emotions instead of cold logic proves mind boggling. It almost puts his entire ideology and behavior to shame but Fernando behind his way of life. Otherwise, he’d have no justification for being such a meticulous asshole.

I’m fine. I can rest when I die,” he laughs again as he tucks his phone between his waistband. “You haven’t been waiting on me all this time, have you?

He passes her to the door, dead set on continuing on with his day. The fact he can joke and smile, as condescending as it is, show his relative ease in front of one of the more trustworthy Silph siblings.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2020 8:16:54 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
as fernando passed her. evelyn continued to remain standing where she was. her back to his, evelyn's gaze had become shaded by her hair. "i have," she replied. evelyn thought about all fernando had been through up till now.

her lips quivered as she tried to hold back what she desired to say. when he laughed, it made her state the following, "there's nothing funny about what you just said." she remained facing forward, her back toward him. "it's even worse when you don't take resting seriously," though she knew how fernando was. it angered her to hear him taking things so lightly. "i..." she hesitated to speak, "...i was so worried about you. i heard it all on the news outside of the region, and immediately rushed back." because she knew her brother.

"i knew you'd be apart of this war. you, stupid , and always put yourselves in danger. never asking me..." she paused once more. trying to gather her words as a sudden lump engorged her throat. "...this was probably the most dangerous thing you could have put yourself in."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2020 8:37:40 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“…?

Really? Now? He’s awake and conscious but not enough so to deal with any sort of reprimand. But his temper is cool enough to allow her to get her piece in. Her nagging goes uncontested but Fernando already diverts his attention to his own thoughts. He hears her but never truly reflects, already stubbornly committing to his own mindset.

Yeah, I know.” His voice drops and he takes a more serious tone. Anything to get her to believe him and stop with the inevitable follow ups. “That’s why I didn’t take the front lines this time around. I’ve realize I can’t handle everything alone.

He opens the door, unrelenting as he walks into the kitchen to check out what she’s prepared for breakfast. “I have a team now. They’re not the best or the brightest but they get the job done. They’re also pretty good at protecting me.

Without remorse, he picks at the first sight of meat, swallowing it whole to hide it from her should she follow him.

You should see their wounds,” he answers while openly chewing, “I’m considered unscratched.

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2020 8:55:21 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
he just didn't get it. it's like he has a death wish or something. as he exited the room, she would take a beat. giving herself time to regain her composure. as she exited the room, she would come to continue their conversation. arms folded as she continued to scold him behind his back.

"this isn't about them, this is about you. someday you're going to get severely injured, why can't you just ever remain outside of the action?" he wasn't some man of steel. it wasn't his job to dive into the fight. "you may have a team, but that doesn't mean you're guaranteed safety." there was a reason for her overzealous worrying.

evelyn had heard about what happened to , "i heard about what happened to devon's leader, his sister must be really distraught right now..." that could have been fernando. "it made me wonder what if that had been you." she knew he was strong. she had faith in fernando's ability, but sadly the same could not be said for the future.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2020 9:11:14 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Fernando stares back at her while being chastised. Even so, he maintains eye contact to craft the careful image of actively listening. In actuality, his peripheral vision is spent trying to hone in on his next bite and picking something off the table. “Because the last time I tried, someone gave me a concussion with an axe kick to the back of my head,” he bites back with a don’t-try-me tone, snatching up a plump sausage and swallowing it whole.

When she diverts to Stone his own eyes narrow, nodding an obvious ‘no’ and grunting with a dismissive ‘nuh uh’. “Don’t you dare.” This time he keeps his mouth closed while chewing, muffled while eating as he tries to swallow it down fast enough to retort.

We are not tweedle-dead and tweedle-dumbshit.

He looks for a laid out glass and reaches for it, working his way to the fridge to pour himself something to drink. Orange juice crosses his mind but he opts for milk instead. “Stone’s death was planned. I told him not to commit suicide and he disregarded me.” He rips ribbon off the top and fills his glass. “I had a team to protect me. He decided to protect what should have been his team.

The fridge closes and Fernando places his glass in the microwave.

Morning wood is best offset with burning embers, in their absence, warm milk will have to suffice.

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2020 12:14:15 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
"fernando!" she called in an appalled manner.

maybe he could use another kick to the back of that stubborn noggin. it hadn't hit her, but this was the first time, in a long time, that she's had such vibrant expressions. she'd come to reel herself back, blushing in sheer embarrassment. evelyn had always donned a steel face. never allowing herself to express too much nor too little. she had to be the epitome of perfection for not just her fans, but the silph name as well.

"a-anyway, there's no way that was planned," she stated defensively, " was...a man who sacrificed himself for the people he wanted to protect. of course, when you think about it..." it came off as selfish. did he not think about his sister and how she would feel about him leaving her? it wasn't fair, and it was selfish. but what he did was also selfless at the same time.

"we should go see his sister, fernando."

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2020 10:56:23 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“If you see an attack coming and jump into it, it’s planned.” Doubling down shows his persistence on the issue but ultimately he gives in when the microwave goes off. He ignores the rest of Evelyn’s praise in lieu of enjoying his beverage. It’s hotter than he anticipated and he grimaces at the touch.

When you think about it, he was stupid. Unfortunately, he was also the smartest of the Stone children.

Her suggestion falls on deaf ears and Fernando seats himself at the table. “You can go and see her if you’d like. As for me, I’m going to enjoy the taste of surviving another day until duty calls. can wait until I have to serve her Alexander’s papers.

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2020 6:35:51 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
"that's not something you 'plan', what he did was 'arbitrary' at best." he didn't have to be this way, and yet he was. "no one ever plans their death, fernando. i may not have known alexander as well as you did, but i don't think you should speak ill of him." it just wasn't tasteful.

"papers?" what did he mean by that. "what does that mean exactly?" it better not had been what she thought it meant.

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 5:50:14 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“You don’t know him as well as I do. No one does.

Fernando takes his time to enjoy the scenery laid out before him. Like clockwork, he works out his breakfast systematically. He starts with the meat, slicing into another sausage, placing it into his mouth to chew, before scooping up some country potatoes into his bowl. Work your way down the list on merit of what becomes the least tasty as it gets colder. Potatoes tend to be the prime offender and he works his way into a well sized portion.

Which is exactly why I get to speak about him that way.

Another gulp of milk to wash it down and Fernando sticks his spoon through his bowl.

Stone’s sister is as competent at business as her brother is at being alive.

He doesn’t so much as skip a beat.

I’ll be returning Stone’s property and filing the proper paper work regard Devon’s contracts, agreements, and properties within the League. I also intend to assist where needed to ensure a proper transition of power. Considering Devon’s hold on the region and their economic footprint, we may have just a good portion of Hoenn under the thumbs of another idiot.

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 6:08:41 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
honestly, did he have to be so crude. "put yourself in her shoes," evelyn spoke with a motherly tone, "she's mourning, i don't think she'll have time to exactly focus on her family's corporation." though she may not have known much about . evelyn understood that the young woman must have had a lot of love for her brother, rumor has it that her sister had gone missing. it's a shame she's now come to lose her brother.

"maybe you could guide her in the right direction." evelyn pondered aloud, "i mean, let's say she doesn't have the ability to run a business. if what you say is true, then that must mean alexander never taught her how. there must have been a good reason," and she could only think of one. "maybe he didn't teach her because he wanted her to go live a life she wanted," she'd pause, "sadly, i don't think he took into account his death. not everyone can plan for the unexpected."

turning toward fernando, she'd ask, "can't you just offer her some assistance?"

close tab

played by

spiral

silph
SIR
twenty-nine
august 12th
saffron
oppressive
silph co. ceo
council member
awards
8,695 posts
part of
TAG WITH @silph
FERNANDO SILPH
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 6:28:10 GMT
FERNANDO SILPH Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]“I know that. I understand that, Evelyn. And I’ve calculated that as well."

Resistance is not what Fernando expects from the ‘good’ Silph sibling. Nor does he appreciate it at the family table. But, in the name of orderliness, he knows what line to toe and he does so with a sharp inhale. Time may have drifted them apart but Eve will undoubtedly recognize the warning signs that come before her brother’s lengthy lectures.

They had been much kinder back then — when knowledge was power and Fernando wanted nothing more than to take her to the top with him.

I have tried that. Repeatedly. This is not the first time Stone has left the company in weaker hands.” He picks at a napkin on his end of the table to wipe some of the potato grease off his lips. “I can teach her economics. I can teach her business. I can even teach her to wipe her own ass.

Despite Fernando’s odd and asinine style of humor, he finds no reprieve in besmirching Daphne. Not when the outlook seems so bleak.

But I cannot teach those that do not want to be taught. And I do not have the time, will power, or the skills to teach someone critical thinking from the ground up.

Fernando’s fully entranced in his explanation to the point that he’s even moving his hands into gestures to help accentuate his point. He sweeps them in front of him as if to demonstrate everything he’s put onto the table.

What can I do when I’ve already done this for her before? I’ve went to Daphne. I’ve explained to her the standards and protocols the League employs. I’ve went over the legalities of our transactions as well as how and why our contracts are structured the way they are. I have offered to help foot the bill so she can get the appropriate people to help her audit and comply with these notions. And you know what she says to me?

He pauses for the theatrics.

She said no. That’s not what she’s going to do. She doesn’t care what the League says or what I say. She expects the world to accommodate how things have been going with no regard to the rules or regulations.

He’s frowning now. Whether it’s because he has to relive the moment or because he has to actually explain why to his own sister, no one can really tell. All that’s clear is that Fernando is having none of it.

I cannot and will not work with non-compliance. And, unfortunately, the rest of the world will not either. Devon is big but against the world economy? It is just another cog in the machine.

close tab

played by

light

songbird, eve
she/her
september 5th
hoenn
demisexual
idol
civilian
awards
310 posts
evelyn silph DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @songbird
evelyn silph
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 6:48:00 GMT
evelyn silph Avatar
there was no reasoning with him. the more she fought back the harder fernando pushed away. if there's one thing that's for certain, they were bickering like children. it didn't matter whether he was right or if she were right. it was at this moment that it was revealed how different they were. sure, evelyn had the ability to become as cold as a silph, but she was like the sun. she had a heart that was unable to be frozen.

"i hear what you're saying, fernando," evelyn would come to place folded hands before her. she would remain calm while he grew in annoyance. taking her seat, she would look to him, "sometimes people who aren't aware that they require a helping hand need a helping hand, even if they don't wish to take it." there's a reason why evelyn was the benevolent silph. fernando, who was a logical person, had every right to respond the way he chose to.

"it's not your job to help those who don't want to be helped, but it is your job to help those who need it. besides..." her gaze would come to trail off for the next part, "you don't have a very approachable appearance when it comes to offering someone assistance," evelyn calmly said. "sometimes it takes a bit of girl talk to get the job done, just leave it to me." this discussion called for a little girl power. "i just need you to be willing to offer a hand when she's ready to accept one, can you at least do that much if i can get her to meet with you once more?"