awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
catching colds [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2020 0:09:04 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
There’s something about Holland that makes Angelo want to tease him like he would one of his younger brothers, the ranger’s huffy response only giving him more reason to grin, amused and harmlessly annoyed by the metaphorical stick up his ass. “No need to be shy, Holly. I’m just being friendly.” Still, despite Holland’s protests, he did as Angelo had suggested anyway and pursued the eventual capture of the Totodile.

It seemed that Holland’s initial tactic did not go as planned and Angelo, despite his still sombre and weary mood, couldn’t help but let out a laugh as the water pokemon leapt into his arms with desperation. “Well, who’d have thought, looks like she wants to go home with you already.” He reaches out to pet the Totodile on the head, reminded of when his own Feraligatr had been that small, with a smile that softened into something fond and far away. He hoped she was doing okay back home with the little gremlins… “Lucky guy.” He puts the grin back in place with a teasing edge.

There’s a sudden snort that escapes him because, hell, did Holland just make a joke? Angelo’s blue eyes flicker over towards him, darkened expression a little lighter, but not from the reflection of the rising sun. “You tell me. Aren't you meant to be the pokemon whisperer guy?

skip.

@holland

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
catching colds [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2020 20:08:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Friendly" Holly groans softly, shaking his head in exhaustion. Was that what they called it? He hadn't had such physical contact in... well, since he lived with his very loving parents. A pat on the head was one thing, but a hand on his shoulder from a total stranger was another. He didn't particularly like being touched, but what did he even like?

"Says you" he also didn't need a crybaby on his team but ah well.

Angelo went on with a huff that he was supposed to be the 'Pokemon Whisperer'. Holland balked at him openly, scowling. Since when did he have such a stupid title? Sounded like one of those idiotic tv shows. "I think you have a misconstrued opinion of me" the young man replied stiffly, forcing the fishing rod back into Angelo's hands. Noting he was running low on Pokeballs, he would leave soon.

So he didn't have to look at Angelo's smugly bright face anymore. Laurel snickered from her side of Holland, clearly amused by the turn of events. Her trainer was never very social but this human was making him talk more and more. "Quiet, Laurel" he hisses lowly, rising to his feet. There is a distinctive lack of venom in that remark as he addresses his Serperior though.

/skip

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,788 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
catching colds [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2020 0:27:31 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsea"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD TENTACOOL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] CLEAR BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HEX
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]BUBBLE BEAM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLUDGE WAVE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SCREECH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] & @holland

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD COMFEY APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FLOWER VEIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DRAINING KISS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWEET SCENT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FLOWER SHIELD
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]MAGICAL LEAF
[attr="class","wildtabox"] ---

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
catching colds [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2020 22:41:39 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
Angelo can’t help but roll his eyes a little at the guy. He’d stiffly fight back until the end, wouldn’t he? “Oh, I don’t know. You don’t seem so hard to figure out.” He challenges back, his lips turning a little more taunting, as Holland returns the old fishing rod back to him. It seemed that his Serperior might even agree with him. Angelo turns his grin towards the grass snake briefly before crouching down on the dock, placing down his rod before falling back on his ass, working on putting his socks and shoes back on. With the sunlight coming up, he supposed he had better call it a night on the fishing soon, his stomach was beginning to feel a little vacant.

See. A fine communicator.” He mused sarcastically with a sly grin, hands pushing him off the dock and picking up his fishing rod, propping it on his shoulder. Turning back to the ocean, he sticks a hand in his mouth and gives out a sharp, quick whistle to his Gyarados, watching as Volans’s stops chasing a Tentacool. “Thanks for giving me a hand, by the way. There any fishing spots near that cabin of yours? Maybe I'll drop over for a visit and see if I can catch something good there, too.” He smirked towards the ocean before peering over his shoulder to look at Holland, only half messing with the ranger's patience.

skip.

@holland

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
catching colds [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2020 22:56:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Sigh. "You're annoying" he finally says, having enough of the other young man. But he doubted that would shake Angelo. No, he was like gum stuck to your shoe or in your hair. Annoying and irritating. But persistent with thick skin. Laurel leaves his side to do battle with a Comfey drifting over the water. She quickly slaps it with her long tail, hissing.

"Who said I wanted company?" he adds, beginning to pack up as well. If Angelo was doing this to annoy him, he succeeded. But Holly wouldn't be so open to being friendly. He gave women a pass but not men, and he didn't even know why he did that anyway. Probably cause women annoyed him less. Could appreciate flowers too. Men just stomped all over everything in their path.

The Comfey fell easily, speaking of flowers. It was weaker than Holland expected, and he threw a Pokeball at it. "I live away from people for a reason" but there was no deep dark secret to it. He just didn't like people. "if you turn my cabin into a fishing spot, then tourists will stomp all over the place." So far they left him alone, thanks to his grumpy attitude and his menacing Serperior. Well, when Laurel wanted to be protective.

She already returned to Holly's side, slithering around the man briefly before approaching Angelo. Her face leaned in, flickering the young man briefly with her tongue before sliding back. That was her way of letting others know she liked them.

/capture attempt on comfey
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,788 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
catching colds [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 2:58:57 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SEADRA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] DAMP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AGILITY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DRAGON BREATH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DRAGON DANCE

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BUIZEL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SWIFT SWIM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DOUBLE HIT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AQUA JET
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PURSUIT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWIFT

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]HOLLAND CAUGHT COMFEY!

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
catching colds [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 21:36:55 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
You’re not exactly a prize, yourself.” He sighs out, purposefully loud enough for Holland to hear him, as he’s informed that he’s apparently annoying. Holly was about as prickly as his nickname suggested but if he really was irritated by him, Angelo figured that he wouldn’t have bothered to come over, let alone hang around. Funny that, considering he proclaimed he was not all too keen on people. Angelo found himself about as amused with the thought as the ranger's prickly aloofness annoyed him. He's suddenly reminded of his sister, Lucia, and her pre-teen pouting.

Oh, so there is a fishing spot, then.” He raised an eyebrow, lips curling into a smirk, as Holland expressed his distaste over the idea of turning his cabin location into a tourist trap; hinting to Angelo that it may very well exist.

His smile turns genuine, soft and a little melancholic around the edges, as the Serperior slithers over towards him and Angelo holds out a hand for her to sniff with her flickering tongue. Unlike the shoulder pats he gave to the ranger however, he didn’t reach out to touch her, admiring the serpent from a distance instead. He was a child born by the water, with canals running through his hometown like the veins to his heart, ocean pokemon resonating within him much like how the moon and stars went together. Still, he could certainly appreciate the grass pokemon, much like how he enjoyed venturing through the open planes and taking in the sight of stretching, verdant fields.

As the Gyarados is called back and the Serperior returns to her trainer, a Buizel seems to take this as an indication to relax, popping out of the water and making its way to brush past Angelo’s legs like a stray Meowth. Perhaps its hungry and looking for food, too. He squats down to give the pokemon a pet, noting that it seems pretty friendly, as long twin tails curl around his ankles. It’s got a bit of a tummy too; greedy little thing was probably used to sneaking or begging for fish on the pier. “Sorry buddy, you’re not going to get anything out of me until I get into town.” Sadly, all he has to offer the Buizel is an empty pokeball, should he be interested in accompanying him to the nearest fish market.

befriend capture attempt on buizel.

@holland

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
catching colds [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 22:53:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"I know I'm not." It wasn't a grim admission but more of general acceptance. Holland could live with himself just fine, with all his little pricks and thorns. It was other people he couldn't stand nor trust himself with. If Angelo thought he was keeping an ego the size of Hoenn, he'd be sorely mistaken.

Maybe Holland didn't much care for himself either, and so stupidly decided nobody else could either. "Laurel" he says to the Serperior, giving a nod to the Seadra floating in the water to his left. The snake slithers away from Angelo and enters it, floating due to her typing and lighter mass. She approaches the Seadra and unleashes her tail once more on the Pokemon.

The Leaf Blade cut the water dragon true, and felled it easily. She glanced adoringly at her trainer, all smiles and happy looks as he pulled out a Pokeball. A stark difference than what a fierce fighter she had been previously. Holly threw it at the Seadra as Angelo finished with the Buizel. He caught the off-hand remark of not being able to feed it until town was trod.

Speaking of town, he should get back to the route cabin he had. His other Pokemon were probably hungry and he needed to tend to a garden before the night frost killed some of it. Counting the critters he had managed to capture so far, he turns away from Angelo and begins to stalk off. Laurel gives the other human a pained but amused huff, as if sharing her exhaustion of Holly and letting him know how to give up.

Not just yet, anyway. She trills to Angelo one last time before slithering after her long time partner.

/capture attempt on seadra, an exit on holly's behalf (running low on pokeballs)

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,788 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
catching colds [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2020 0:20:07 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]HOLLAND CAUGHT SEADRA!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] DAMP
[attr="class","wildtabox"]AGILITY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DRAGON BREATH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]DRAGON DANCE

[attr="class","wildnote"] CONGRATULATIONS!

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]ANGELO CAUGHT BUIZEL!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SWIFT SWIM
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DOUBLE HIT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AQUA JET
[attr="class","wildtabox"]PURSUIT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWIFT

[attr="class","wildnote"] BOTH OF YOU RECEIVE 10 PD!

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times
Swords Clashing