gigi bae Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class,"memorypost"]
[attr="class,"memoryheader"]
[attr="class,"memorycontainer"]
[attr="class,"memoryinfo"]NO. WORDS

[attr="class,"memoryinfo"]

[attr="class,"memoryarrow"]

[attr="class,"memorybody"]Gossip quickly traveled down the grapevine. The world turned upside down, leaving Hoenn in disarray and despair. Citizens grasped at straws as they attempted to keep themselves sane. Any good news spread like wildfire. People were eager to alleviate the heavy atmosphere with positive stories.
[break][break]
Gigi had never been one to pay much mind to the news on the streets. All of her information was gathered on the internet and even then she scrolled passed a lot of trivial conversations. However, a certain story caught her attention.
[break][break]
In a flash, the streamer had traveled to industrial city of Rustboro. With the help of her GPS, Gigi reached her destination with ease: the Rustboro Gym.
[break][break]
The doors of the gym burst open and, following a dramatic pause, Gigi waltzed in. ”Aye! Maverick? Where the hell are you?” she called out. ”Why the fuck did I have to hear from some random people on the street that you’re a gym leader now?” Despite the gruff words, her voice lacked any real anger.
[attr="class,"memorynotes"]
gg comes bursting in because how dare maverick not send her a text or something.

[attr="class,"selkieCred"]selkie

[newclass=.memorypost] width:325px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memorypost:hover .memoryinfo] margin-top:0px;transition:.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memoryheader] width:325px;height:125px;background-image:url(https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/M5glr5DNwnrR6KJkHTKpsgVMHRk-2GOM9eHyPQeGDkg/https/i.imgur.com/6fesNvK.png);overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memorybody] text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;padding:25px;color:#333;background-color:#eee;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memorybody b] color:#e4bd23;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memoryarrow] width:40px;height:40px;font-family:arial;position:relative;background-color:#eee;top:65px;margin:auto;left: 0;right: 0;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(50% 0%, 0% 100%, 100% 100%);clip-path: polygon(50% 0%, 0% 100%, 100% 100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.memorycontainer] padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memoryinfo] float:left;font-family:calibri;background-color:#eee;color:#333;padding:3px;font-size:10px;width:100px;top:88px;text-align:center;position:relative;transition:.5s;margin-top:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memorynotes] margin-top:10px;border-top:1px solid #e4bd23;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;text-transform:uppercase;padding-top:10px;color:#333;[/newclass]
[newclass=.selkieCred]font:bold 7px roboto;text-transform:uppercase;margin-left:250px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.selkieCred a]font:bold 7px roboto!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
a heart like a lion, burning like fire
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
silver scrapes [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2020 19:44:18 GMT
maverick noah ryder Avatar
Not many people knew of the Rustboro City Gym and the new gym leader who has taken over. Not even Maverick’s family knew about this new job in Hoenn. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to tell people. It was more, he felt as though it wasn’t something he should really brag about yet. After all, what if the league determines that the scarred man isn’t good enough to be a gym leader and he get kicked out of the position for whatever reason. If he told or announced his new take over, it would also be known that he sucks. It was for this reason and many more that the man didn’t tell people just yet. Not the mention, the gym hasn’t been open for very long. Even as he took his place at his side of the battlefield and let his gaze shift to the referee, he didn’t think anyone would really care to know anyway. Taking in a deep breath, he gave the referee a nod before his gaze turned to the doors.

He knew who his opponent today was. And honestly, he wasn’t expecting her to challenger his gym this early. It wasn’t that Maverick though she wasn’t good enough or anything. It was more or less, he didn’t think she thought she was ready. Does that make sense? Or maybe, the woman had other motives than just battling today. Did she like him or something? He hasn’t heard anything from in a while. Not that the gym leader was expecting anything. But, still. Maybe he mistaking his feelings for her or really, her feelings for him. Like really, who would really fall in love with this ugly ass man? He huffed two himself as the doors sudden burst open and a familiar voice rang out.

The man remained silent as he observed her storming in what at first, seemed very angry. Shock took over his normal placid expression, shifting back to his placid expression with a brow raised. “Hello Gigi. I’m down here in the pit.” he greeted, waving his hand at her before shoving them in his pockets, “And I didn’t know you wanted to know like, right away. I would have told you if you wanted to know that quickly.” To be honest, it didn’t even cross his mind to tell her. He wasn’t aware that their friendship was on the ‘inform me about things’ bases. Then again, Maverick lacked that kind of basic social knowledge when it came to where their friendships really started. “Are you really here to challenge me or are you here just checking up on me?” The man couldn’t help the slight tug at the edges of his lips, a light chuckle escaped him. “You could have just texted me or something if you wanted to know.”

tags ☆

notes ☆ ill edit in pokemon later. lazy. lets go!!!

close tab

played by

Juniper

GG
she/her
twenty-four
april 1
unova
bisexual
streamer (retired pro gamer)
talk nerdy to me
single
48 height
48 height
Up, up, down, down, forward, back, A, B
awards
82 posts
gigi bae DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gg
gigi bae
silver scrapes [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2020 13:38:44 GMT
gigi bae Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class,"memorypost"]
[attr="class,"memoryheader"]
[attr="class,"memorycontainer"]
[attr="class,"memoryinfo"]NO. WORDS

[attr="class,"memoryinfo"]

[attr="class,"memoryarrow"]

[attr="class,"memorybody"]"Oh. Em. Gee." an exasperated sigh expressed her thoughts. "Seriously? You seriously thought I wouldn't want to know?" Gigi prowled over to the pit with an exaggerated pout on her face. "Dude, seriously. The last time we discussed this you were tentative as fuck about applying for gym leadership." 
[break][break]
Voice comically low, a terrible attempt to mimic Maverick followed, "I don't know if I'm qualified for such a fancy smancy position because of reasons." Okay, so maybe it was more of a parody than an actual attempt at parroting what Maverick said back then. "I thought we were friends." Gigi dramatically crooned as she placed a hand on her heart, "Why would you hurt me so?"
[break][break]
The act was dropped when the female snorted, amused by her own acting skills. Or, rather, lack of skills. "I mean.. it would have been cool to find out from you and not some random gossip online." She childishly stuck a tongue out at the new Rustboro Gym Leader.
[break][break]
She hesitated as Maverick asked her intentions behind physically coming to the gym. "Well, I wanted to punch you buuut.." a cheeky grin twitched onto her face, "But I guess that can wait until after I beat your ass." Although she portrayed an air of confidence, Gigi was everything but confident. Maverick had been into this whole training business for far longer than she. Hell, she never even dreamed she'd be here.. doing stuff like this. The war was also still freshly stamped into her mind, reminding her of her blaring inadequacies. 
[break][break]
"So, uh, how exactly do I go about challenging you?" She rubbed the back of her head, a sheepish look on her face. "Is there, like, anything official I need to do?" Gigi didn't want to screw up Maverick's job. In her own way, she had come to the gym to support him. Accidentally getting his gym shut down because of some weird violation would not be ideal.
[attr="class,"memorynotes"]
feel free to have maverick tell the whole 3v3 rules etc etc

[attr="class,"selkieCred"]selkie

[newclass=.memorypost] width:325px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.memorypost:hover .memoryinfo] margin-top:0px;transition:.5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memoryheader] width:325px;height:125px;background-image:url(https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/external/M5glr5DNwnrR6KJkHTKpsgVMHRk-2GOM9eHyPQeGDkg/https/i.imgur.com/6fesNvK.png);overflow:hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memorybody] text-align:justify;font-family:verdana;font-size:10px;line-height:14px;padding:25px;color:#333;background-color:#eee;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memorybody b] color:#e4bd23;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memoryarrow] width:40px;height:40px;font-family:arial;position:relative;background-color:#eee;top:65px;margin:auto;left: 0;right: 0;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(50% 0%, 0% 100%, 100% 100%);clip-path: polygon(50% 0%, 0% 100%, 100% 100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.memorycontainer] padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memoryinfo] float:left;font-family:calibri;background-color:#eee;color:#333;padding:3px;font-size:10px;width:100px;top:88px;text-align:center;position:relative;transition:.5s;margin-top:30px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.memorynotes] margin-top:10px;border-top:1px solid #e4bd23;text-align:justify;font-family:calibri;text-transform:uppercase;padding-top:10px;color:#333;[/newclass]
[newclass=.selkieCred]font:bold 7px roboto;text-transform:uppercase;margin-left:250px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.selkieCred a]font:bold 7px roboto!important;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

outcast

mav
he | him | his
27 (now 31)
october 21st
lavender town, kanto
heterosexual
freelancer
ex-gym leader
hello darkness
my old friend
--- height
--- height
a heart like a lion, burning like fire
awards
1,193 posts
part of
TAG WITH @maverick
maverick noah ryder
silver scrapes [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 17:05:11 GMT
maverick noah ryder Avatar

It has been a long time sense the man had a true friend so to speak. He had many acquaintances over the years and met many people, some he was more familiar with than others. But at day and age, the gym leader didn’t find that any of them truly wanted to be friend or anything more than just friendly acquaintances. Like him, most had other things to do or didn’t seemed bothered to be more than just acquaintances. Or maybe, it was him that was the workaholic and didn’t make time for friends. Either way, this ‘friend’ thing was something new to him and he honestly didn’t really think about it. So as she spoke, guilt built in his gut.

“I… I didn’t know…” he stumbled on his words, grimacing awhile she hollered at him and even threated to punch him playfully, “I’m sorry. I’ll let you know next time if something else comes up that is big.” It seemed odd to tell her about his life, he never really had anyone that cared that much about whats going on in his life. Not even his parents cared about what has been going on, Maverick feeling more of a burden to them more than anything else. But the question was, why did she care so much? Was this what a start of a friendship was like? To keep in touch and informing each other about the others success.

“Oh,” the man cleared his throat as he gaze flickered to the league referee that stood impatiently waiting for their little chat to stop, “right. Uhh...” He straightened his pasture, expression shifted to a more serious one and eyes returned to their determine passion shine. “We each call out our first pokemon.” Reaching into his pocket, the man tossed the ball in his hand up before catching. A hint of a grin tugged the edges of his lips, warm gaze on her. “I believe you requested a single battle or one on one, three pokemon max. We battle until one of use can no longer battle.” He had to admit, he was looking forward to this one. So far, most of his request had been single, two pokemon or double battle, one round. Most trainers seemed to be taking the easiest route that challenge him. She did. He liked that. “When we are both ready, the referee over there will announce when the battle will start.”

tags ☆

notes ☆ sorry for the wait!