thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
lull [c]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2020 12:42:00 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Marcel's agitation sets Gavin on edge. His muscles tense as his friend begins to pace like an animal in a cage. His lip curls involuntarily, the urge to defend himself snarling in his chest.

"What would you have had me do, leave Katherine alone in there? She'd already created the damn portal, not like I had a say in that."

[break]

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
lull [c]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2020 13:18:33 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","ePostContain]
[attr="class","ePostHeader"]
re: social‒ ⛶ ✕

[attr="class","ePostMain"]"don't put words into my mouth," he snaps, "of course you should've saved her."
[break][break]
marcel is not a fighter; this war has worn him down. loss and the threat of loss hang over him, as it always will. his fingers still itch for the box in his pocket.
[break][break]
"this was all preventable," he says, "when katherine opened the wormhole you were there. you could have stopped her before she even made it in. and when you saw her, you knew she had blacephon, and what it could do. you know what katherine's like, and you said nothing to her."
[break][break]
his palms press against the desk. marcel finally stills, and lets his expression be known.
[break][break]
"you're supposed to be underboss, gavin. start giving orders, instead of cleaning up messes."
[attr="class","eDivide"]

[newclass=.ePostContain]width:400px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostHeader]width:380px;height:20px;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/OI5fH3m.png);font-size:8px;font-weight;bold;padding:12px 10px 8px 10px;vertical-align:middle;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostHeader table]width:380px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostHeader a]color:#979797!important;letter-spacing:0.5px;text-transform:lowercase!important;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostMain]background-color:transparent;width:auto;height:auto;padding:30px 35px;font-size:7pt;letter-spacing:0.2px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostMain b]color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostMain a]filter:grayscale(10%);text-transform:lowercase!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostMain img]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostMain .vdice-box]margin-top:15px;width:50px;height:50px;border:none;background-color:#2b2b2b;box-shadow:none;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostMain .vdice-box .vdice-value]color:#979797;font-family:verdana;font-size:14px;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eTeam]background-color:#none;border-radius:10px;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eTeam img]width:35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eDivide]width:auto;margin-top:20px;border-top:solid 1px #2b2b2b;padding-bottom:20px;opacity:0.6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rfalse]filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rfalse:hover]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
lull [c]
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2020 13:37:20 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Marcel is among a select few Rockets who can challenge Gavin without fear of retaliation. In this office, where no sound escapes to the outside, they can be as honest and brutal with each other as the long-time friends that they are.

It doesn't make Gavin any calmer, however.

He stands abruptly, cigarette abandoned to the ashtray. Gavin never yells, not even in the height of his fury. His voice is measured and cold, fingers curled at his sides.

"What do you mean, 'I know what she's like'? I sure as hell didn't expect her to open a fucking wormhole, Marcel!" Hindsight was 20/20, but Gavin hadn't benefitted from it at the time as Marcel does now. "If you were so worried about it, why didn't you say something when we were all together? You outrank her just as I do. I had no idea what she was going to do until she'd already done it and I had about two seconds to process it before she was gone. Don't act like it was preventable just because you get to hear all the reports after the fact — and trust me, you and Walsh'll be getting my report about her shadow Pokemon."

He's shaking. He doesn't know whether it's anger or adrenaline. Perhaps both.

"How many times do you think I tell them — all of them — not to be fucking stupid? How many times do you think they listen?" His breath shudders as he exhales. "Rocket is a goddamn mess, Marcel."

[break]
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
lull [c]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2020 12:46:24 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","ePostMain"]this anger is not short-lived but, as with everything marcel feels, it soon settles back into himself: obscured. he stands straight when gavin does; the jut of his chin seems almost like a challenge. he listens to his words, and the words he does not say.
[break][break]
then, for a moment, there is only a resounding silence. marcel's gaze does not waver, nor does his voice when he finally says:
[break][break]
"that better not be your excuse when someone doesn't make it back."
[attr="class","eDivide"]

[newclass=.ePostContain]width:400px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostHeader]width:380px;height:20px;background:url(https://i.imgur.com/OI5fH3m.png);font-size:8px;font-weight;bold;padding:12px 10px 8px 10px;vertical-align:middle;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostHeader a]color:#979797!important;letter-spacing:0.5px;text-transform:lowercase!important;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostMain]background-color:transparent;width:auto;height:auto;padding:30px 35px;font-size:7pt;letter-spacing:0.2px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostMain a]filter:grayscale(10%);text-transform:lowercase!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostMain img]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostMain .vdice-box]margin-top:15px;width:50px;height:50px;border:none;background-color:#2b2b2b;box-shadow:none;border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ePostMain .vdice-box .vdice-value]color:#979797;font-family:verdana;font-size:14px;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eTeam]background-color:#none;border-radius:10px;padding:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.eDivide]width:auto;margin-top:20px;border-top:solid 1px #2b2b2b;padding-bottom:20px;opacity:0.6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rfalse]filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rfalse:hover]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
lull [c]
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2020 14:15:51 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
In the breadth of silence between snarls, Gavin's anger simmers low.

"Gods, Marcel." He shakes his head. "Why are you putting all of this on me? You of all people—" His voice drops low despite the soundproof room, as if the words themselves are cursed. "You of all people should know how hard I try to keep this sinking submarine together."

Stress reveals itself in the lines around his eyes, the damp of his brow. He pushes back his fringe with the palm of a hand.

"I couldn't have stopped her. If I'd had any idea, if there had been time — but there wasn't. Seconds, Marcel. I'm not fucking superhuman."

[break]
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
lull [c]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2020 9:41:09 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","ePostMain"]"no," he says, slowly, "you're not."
[break][break]
this wasn't just about mauville. marcel thinks of the mauvilles to come; to the oceanic beast he—and no one—should have owned. this wasn't just about gavin, either, but it's because it's gavin, that marcel allows the mask to slip an inch further. this is the closest he will come to rage.
[break][break]
snatching his phone from the desk, marcel makes for the door. he'd gotten what he came here for. before it slams shut, he calls out behind him.
[break][break]
"try harder, gav." his voice is forcefully light. "you know what i do when a ship sinks."
[break][break]
he would not return a second time.

[attr="class","eDivide"]

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
lull [c]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2020 9:56:17 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
It's a step too far. It shows in the way his fire turns to ice, the way he doesn't try to dissuade his friend from leaving. Gavin watches him go with a storm cloud stare, jaw set tight.

He does not say what he's thinking, what he's sure Marcel knows:

If this ship sunk, Marcel would drown with the rest.

[break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,760 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
lull [c]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2020 2:47:17 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: