vanilla ice [dw - ice/ground]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2020 18:02:41 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

will i get to you
a little 𝐅 𝐀 𝐒 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑
if i was the
𝐒 𝐍 𝐎 𝐖 in the air ?

"hey, hi. you my mc, mccustomer for today?"

mcflurry eyed the newcomer curiously, smoothing out the lapels of her black coat as she approached.

despite her last terrifying, death-defying encounters in here, mcflurry was... well. prone to making the same harebrained mistakes over and over again, it seemed. god knows she's in for a scolding the moment people realize what she's up to.

at the same time, though, this place felt... safe. and her pokemon were stronger here. and now, she was dressed better and more prepared for the cold. gloves, a working coat, boots...

(and as it turned out, she was low on cash. offering some amateur catching trips seemed to reel in at least a couple people, it seemed.)

in any case, mcflurry shuffled about, releasing her steelix onto the freezing stone floor. its head nearly touched the roof of the cave.

"i'm mcflurry. nice to meet you. shoal cave's, uh, a g-good place for ice-types, mc."

[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

leto
she, her
twenty-nine
january 13
demisexual
bookstore owner?
13 height
13 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
71 posts
alecto rowe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alecto
alecto rowe
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2020 18:58:49 GMT
alecto rowe Avatar

"It's not the waking,
it's the rising."

Shoal Cave was a fascinating location in and of itself. A place of freezing temperatures and everlasting ice within one of the hottest, most tropical known regions. There were all sorts of theories that attempted to explain the phenomenon, but seldom few that proved reliably accurate with their research.

Her fur-lined black coat hugged her figure comfortably as she descended into the maw of the cave, moss-green eyes studying the ice-incrusted walls with something akin to interest. Normally she would do these explorations by herself, but Alecto wasn't disillusioned about her own physical capabilities. So she'd hired a guide to take her down into the cave's depths. 

Said guide was already waiting for her, a Steelix by her side. Strange choice considering they were going into tunnels, but Alecto supposed the guide would know better. 

"Yes," her response was bland, curt. "Alecto." Her eyes briefly studied the other woman, but quickly grew dull with disinterest. She motioned to the rest of the cave. "Please lead the way." 

Something flickered on her shoulder, a brief flash of razor-sharp teeth and an impish grin.

tag:
notes: ...

MADE BY VEL OF GS

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,705 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2020 2:29:38 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgroc"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SWINUB APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] THICK FAT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MIST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ICE SHARD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]TAKE DOWN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ANCIENT POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] &

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD EXCADRILL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] MOLD BREAKER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HORN DRILL
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FURY SWIPES
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DIG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SWORDS DANCE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SLASH

close tab

played by

sulfur

the flurry
she/her/hers
september 19
ringtown
pansexual
hitman
elite
it’s all winter here, even in august
awards
188 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mcflurry
mclaren mcflurry
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2020 9:27:47 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

will i get to you
a little 𝐅 𝐀 𝐒 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑
if i was the
𝐒 𝐍 𝐎 𝐖 in the air ?

"bit mcquiet, i-i guess..."

mcflurry's voice tapered off as she ventured into shoal cave, her steelix leading the way. as it lowered its head to enter the caverns, mcflurry couldn't help but feel a little wary about her newest customer.

still, that's no way to treat a customer, anywho. as steelix rumbled against the ground, mcflurry kept her distance from her own pokemon, knowing full well that she can't afford to be crushed in case something goes wrong. that's steelix's job.

just then, her steel-type pokemon notices something, and mcflurry tenses. immediately, the iron snake digs into the ground, disappearing under the gravel.

"the local pokemon are mcnoticing, mc. it'll be, uh. battles from here on out. probably."

suddenly, an excadrill drilled down from the roof of the cave, rocks falling with it. letting out a shriek, the steel-type aimed a slash right at mcflurry —

before getting knocked the fuck out by steelix resurfacing and slamming its huge body into the mole, grabbing the mammal in its teeth and death rolling it for good measure.

huffing, mcflurry pulled out a poke ball and tossed it at the excadrill, eager to at least get it to a pokemon center and nurse it back to health. it was just part of her schedule, these days.
 ● catching excadrill

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

owli

leto
she, her
twenty-nine
january 13
demisexual
bookstore owner?
13 height
13 height
awards
71 posts
alecto rowe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alecto
alecto rowe
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2020 10:13:18 GMT
alecto rowe Avatar

"It's not the waking,
it's the rising."

The Steelix was a little much, Alecto thought, watching as it slammed then chewed on the wild pokémon that had crossed its path. The cave rumbled around them as the steel type moved around, slamming into boulders and cave walls. At least in her and the guide's area everything seemed pretty calm.

A quiet hiss caught her attention as the Sableye on her shoulder disappeared from sight, clearly having noticed something. Alecto wasn't too worried, knowing that the pokémon could handle itself in these situations. She didn't have to wait long before it reappeared dragging a squealing Swinub. As her eyes fell on them, Saint the Sableye chomped down on the Swinub, clearly wanting to take a piece for himself.

Before the Sableye could make a meal out of the poor pokémon, Alecto sent a pokéball to catch it. "I see," Alecto responded to the other woman, feeling Saint resume its perch on her shoulder. "I am prepared for battling." Her eyes fell on Mcflurry, a hint of humor flashing in them. "You do not need to worry about protecting me."

tag:

notes: catching swinub

MADE BY VEL OF GS

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,705 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2020 2:33:37 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD AURORUS APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] REFRIGERATE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ICY WIND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]HAIL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]THUNDER WAVE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ANCIENT POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD BARBOACH APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HYDRATION
[attr="class","wildtabox"]REST
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SNORE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EARTHQUAKE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AMNESIA
[attr="class","wildtabox"]SPARK

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!
close tab

played by

sulfur

the flurry
she/her/hers
september 19
ringtown
pansexual
hitman
elite
awards
188 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mcflurry
mclaren mcflurry
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2020 17:20:21 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

will i get to you
a little 𝐅 𝐀 𝐒 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑
if i was the
𝐒 𝐍 𝐎 𝐖 in the air ?

mcflurry liked to think she knew what she was doing, but some days, you can never tell. nevertheless, the two continued on once alecto was done with her encounter, and mcflurry just looked at alecto for a moment before nodding and continuing on, her head ducked down.

the path diverged in two ways, but mcflurry only barely spared the second choice a glance. tough boots crunched down the first one, hands stuffed in her pockets as mcflurry continued to go deeper.

"second path is, uh. a dead end, mc. but there's a mcclearing? an open space? that makes this part a little more... — oh, there we go."

the pokemon were getting stronger and stronger, as seen by the next batch of duos to attack. an earthquake made the entire cave shudder, but mcflurry just clenched her teeth and stood her ground while her steelix quickly used magnet rise to prevent any damage.

the clearing consisted of a likely-freezing underground lake, and an aurorus caught drinking water turned its long neck to the trainers and started charging a thunder wave.

the steelix, made more smooth and faster with magnet rise, easily floated in front of mcflurry to block the electric-type attack. sailing forward in a counter attack, a quadruple-effective iron tail swung, knocking the entire dinosaur off its feet and into the water, unconscious.

not wanting a drowning, bloated pokemon on the way back, mcflurry grunted, tossing a poke ball at the incapacitated ice/rock-type. her eyes flickered to the ground water.

"think one of the local mcbarboach caused that earthquake... maybe a whiscash? mc."
 ● catching aurorus

close tab

played by

owli

leto
she, her
twenty-nine
january 13
demisexual
bookstore owner?
13 height
13 height
awards
71 posts
alecto rowe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alecto
alecto rowe
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2020 11:21:21 GMT
alecto rowe Avatar

"It's not the waking,
it's the rising."

Strange she might be, but at least her guide seemed to know what she was doing. Alecto followed the smaller woman down the second path, eyes flickering to the ice formations creeping up cave walls as Mcflurry's words floated around her. Although Alecto kept silent, she was listening attentively to her guide.

The earthquake caught her off guard, and she stumbled before managing to regain her balance with a grimace and a hissed curse. Saint wheezed his strange laughter at her.

Mcflurry's Steelix made short work of the wild Aurorus drinking by the edge of a frozen underground lake, leaving the area open for exploration. Alecto blew some hot air into her cold gloved hands, stepping up to McFlurry's side and studying the 'clearing'. The Sableye perched on her shoulder seemed to be in his element, his wicked grin alarmingly wide.

"Are there any off-limits areas?"

tag:

notes: pass // sorry for the wait!

MADE BY VEL OF GS

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,705 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2020 0:00:19 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GOLURK APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] GENDERLESS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] NO GUARD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STOMPING TANTRUM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SHADOW PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HAMMER ARM
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FOCUS PUNCH

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD NUMEL APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] OWN TEMPO
[attr="class","wildtabox"]EARTH POWER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]LAVA PLUME
[attr="class","wildtabox"]YAWN
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]FLAME BURST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ROLLOUT

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]MCFLURRY CAUGHT AURORUS!

close tab

played by

sulfur

the flurry
she/her/hers
september 19
ringtown
pansexual
hitman
elite
awards
188 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mcflurry
mclaren mcflurry
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2020 5:02:07 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

will i get to you
a little 𝐅 𝐀 𝐒 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑
if i was the
𝐒 𝐍 𝐎 𝐖 in the air ?

mcflurry shrugged at the question, her breath escaping her lungs visibly as she meandered further down the path.

"s-saw... a group of mcwild weaviles about thirty minutes in. fought them off once, but — they'll mckill you if you're not careful."

she gestured vaguely to continue, stepping over a hitch in the caves and wandering down a steep path that was clearly hewn out of the stone and ice recently. her steelix returned to its ball for this part.

"otherwise? there were a few legendary scares a-and, uh. worse. so i — i usually just. lead people to a, a, mc... an end checkpoint. after that, even i..."

mcflurry stopped speaking as the ground rumbled. and then rumbled again. again and again, like footsteps.

giving a chilly sigh, mcflurry motioned for alecto to follow closely as she scurried down to solid ground, planting her feet in the snowy ground as she hid behind a cave wall.

looking over the corner, a wild golurk was currently stomping through the icy halls, seemingly searching for... something.

the guide turned to her guest, eyes flickering.

"...big one. should be okay to catch. ...i-if you mcwant."
 ● passing numel!

close tab

played by

owli

leto
she, her
twenty-nine
january 13
demisexual
bookstore owner?
13 height
13 height
awards
71 posts
alecto rowe DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alecto
alecto rowe
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2020 19:25:46 GMT
alecto rowe Avatar

"It's not the waking,
it's the rising."

"Weaviles can be nasty creatures," Alecto mused, following McFlurry as the smaller woman stepped onto a steep icy path. They certainly would rip Alecto's own team of ghosts to shreds, hence why she wouldn't be against owning one herself. "But this is also a harsh environment to survive, nevertheless thrive in." Which made all the more curious the cautious ease with which her guide moved through these perilous paths.

At the mention of legendary scares, however, Alecto's moss-green eyes sharpened in interest. Her hand reached out to grasp McFlurry's shoulder, stepping up to the woman's side. There was an edge to the pull of her lips, a intense focus to her expression that belied her previous indifference. "What do you mean, legendary scares?"

The rhythmic rumble of something akin to footsteps diverted the woman's interest. She followed her guide, peeking around a cave wall to see the familiar shape of a Golurk stomping its way down the icy halls. "Saint," she whispered, the Sableye nodding once before disappearing from his perch. 

The stomping grew more furious, and when Alecto looked again she saw Saint furiously weaving between the ghost's legs, the FOUL PLAY distracting the ghost before the Sableye chomped down on its calves. Alecto watched as the golem released a chilling, mournful wail before falling onto the ground, the impact itself like a mini earthquake. 

Alecto stepped out from behind the cave wall, casually throwing a pokéball at the fallen ghost. Once she was sure she'd caught the Golurk, she then turned her attention to her guide. "Well?"

tag:

notes: capturing golurk!

MADE BY VEL OF GS

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,705 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2020 0:39:27 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD WALREIN APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ICE BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BRINE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SURF
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BLIZZARD

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD JYNX APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] FOREWARN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FAKE TEARS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ICE PUNCH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]MEAN LOOK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SING

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]ALECTO CAUGHT GOLURK!
close tab

played by

sulfur

the flurry
she/her/hers
september 19
ringtown
pansexual
hitman
elite
awards
188 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mcflurry
mclaren mcflurry
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2020 3:03:59 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

will i get to you
a little 𝐅 𝐀 𝐒 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑
if i was the
𝐒 𝐍 𝐎 𝐖 in the air ?

mcflurry slipped out from the corner after alecto did her thing, looking down at the ghost-type as it disappeared into the poke ball. the woman gave a solemn nod, before marching onwards.

"rumors. like, uh, an articuno. or, uh. mcwhatever."

she herself wasn't even sure if they were true or not, honestly. mostly just hearsay, here and there, both from the streets and from rocket hq. nothing actually conclusive.

venturing deeper into the cavern, mcflurry kept her hands in her pockets, letting out a frosty sigh as she watched the walls, the ceilings, the floors, for some idea of where she was.

coming up to what seemed to be a dead end at a frozen waterfall, mcflurry fidgeted, before releasing her abomasnow.

"mcstand... stand back."

as the hail picked up from its snow warning, its wood hammer promptly smashed through the wall of ice, revealing an opening — as well as the angry brine attack of an awoken walrein.

yelping, mcflurry ducked behind her pokemon once again, letting the grass-type tank the water-type move. giving a low growl, the abomasnow readied another wood hammer, before stomping forward and smashing it into the walrein's head.

the walrein was caught dizzy for a moment, its body spinning and wobbling as it attempted to right itself — before another wood hammer smashed it into a wall.

mcflurry threw a poke ball.

"...alright. let's mcgo."
 ● catching walrein!

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,705 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2020 5:44:39 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]YOU CAUGHT WALREIN!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ICE BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BRINE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SURF
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BLIZZARD

[attr="class","wildnote"]BOTH OF YOU RECEIVE 10 PD!