mclaren mcflurry
ice cube [dw - ice/ground]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2020 18:08:53 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

will i get to you
a little 𝐅 𝐀 𝐒 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑
if i was the
𝐒 𝐍 𝐎 𝐖 in the air ?

turns out, this whole 'shoal cave tour' thing she was trying out was working... really well? more customers were coming in.

she suspects it's because people were wanting to explore the place — trainers, mostly — without having to fear for, er. an articuno scare, or whatever might go on down here. the internal atmosphere is scary enough, she guesses.

but she's been down here enough times to be confident about it, which is actually a new development in her life. there's not much that she can attest to, in terms of that sort of confidence.

the moment mcflurry sees her newest customer, though, her welcoming expression falters, because she remembers exactly when the last time she saw this person was. even her steelix by her side seems to dim in atmosphere.

(scalped alive trainers, brains bloodied and scattered into the sea foam — running over people and pokemon alike, screaming — ramming into a monster, and then throwing her own pokemon at another monster, fearful, hateful —)

"o-oh. hey. it's, uh."

mcflurry swallows something down, and her steelix gives a steely-eyed look at ethel.

"nice to mcsee you. again. uh. i'm mcflurry, i was the one at... lilycove. mc."

an awkward pause.

"i guess i'm your mcguide today."

[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Voltolos

Amelia Fisher
She, her
October 3
Icirrus City
Bisexual
None yet
Cadet
17 height
17 height
Expectations were like fine pottery. The harder you held them, the more likely they were to crack.
awards
42 posts
Ethel Irving DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ethel
Ethel Irving
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2020 3:14:58 GMT
Ethel Irving Avatar

Ah. Well, there was a familiar face. 

Ethel had come to Shoal Cave to try and grant some of her ice-type Pokemon some time in a place that was well suited to their needs. At the same time, she supposed she would see the sights for herself. It would be a welcome distraction from the kind of work that she had been doing. While it made her happy to help Hoenn recover after the bloody and hard-fought war with the Megalopolans, it was taxing work, and she could use the respite.

Of course, it wouldn't be that easy this time. She sees the expression of her tour guide deflate as she catches sight of Ethel, and honestly? She doesn't blame her. Intentions notwithstanding, Ethel was probably a terribly unwelcome reminder of the chaos and death that they had seen on that day.

(McFlurry and her Steelix are not the only ones whose unwelcome memories are dredged up. Ethel remembers the terrifying feeling of dropping off the ship into the sea, with her Mr. Mime, Magic, beside her. She remembers her heart leaping into her throat when one of the Nihilego's tentacles reached for Stratus, barely missing. She remembers her mind struggling to wrap around the sight of the Stakataka coming down the mountain. She remembers Kyogre, writhing as it was consumed by the aliens' energy, wreaking havoc on the land and its residents alike.)

Magic puts a hand on her shoulder. He knows when she is getting lost in her thoughts, and lately, he has become extremely adept at pulling her out of them. With a silent squeeze of the psychic-type's hand, Ethel is grateful for the company.

Perhaps she can provide that same company to McFlurry. It was an optimistic thought, considering what she'd heard about... well, Rocket, and how rocky their only previous meeting was. But she had to try. Not only for the stranger's sake, but for her own as well.

She smiled, and it wasn't as forced as she thought it would be. "I'm glad to see that you're okay." However true that really was.

The smile was directed at the Steelix, as well. Ethel was grateful for her help and service to Hoenn during the battle, just as much as she was to her trainer.

She nodded at Shoal Cave, opening up before them. "Well, I am excited for the tour. It is my first visit, and I must say I don't know what to expect."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,705 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2020 2:30:21 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgroc"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD VANILLUXE APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ICE BODY
[attr="class","wildtabox"]ICICLE CRASH
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]WEATHER BALL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]UPROAR
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AVALANCHE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] &

[attr="class","wildnote"] WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD SANDSHREW APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] SAND RUSH
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DIG
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]GYRO BALL
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FURY CUTTER
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROLLOUT
[attr="class","wildtabox"]METAL CLAW

close tab

played by

sulfur

the flurry
she/her/hers
september 19
ringtown
pansexual
hitman
elite
it’s all winter here, even in august
awards
188 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mcflurry
mclaren mcflurry
POSTED ON Nov 4, 2020 17:12:35 GMT
mclaren mcflurry Avatar

will i get to you
a little 𝐅 𝐀 𝐒 𝐓 𝐄 𝐑
if i was the
𝐒 𝐍 𝐎 𝐖 in the air ?

mcflurry does her best to shake the memories off, because jesus, now was not the time to be having a traumatic flashback. she had — she had a job to do. someone to guide.

"w-well, uh. it's... a lot of ice? plenty of strong ice-types — it's the only mcplace for them in hoenn, so, uh — they can't really mcchoose between weak or strong here..."

the steelix gives a curt nod as mcflurry went forth, traversing the frozen walls with a certain familiarity. it's like someone whose gone down the same road to work, versus someone on their way there for the first time. mcflurry's more the former, nowadays.

the twinkle of icicles against one another sends mcflurry's senses into a fit, and she clears her throat, about midway down the first tunnel underground.

"incoming. they come in, uh. mcdoubles."

with that, the vanilluxe descended from the stalactites to the floor, using an icicle crash attack to cause dangerous frozen spikes to descend with it.

— but then, the steelix easily blocked the attack, the ice shattering upon contact with its tempered body, before it retaliated with a stone-edge, sending an explosion of fist-sized rocks upwards.

the vanilluxe had fainted before it could even hit the floor, and the steelix gave a disdainful grunt as mcflurry tossed a poke ball to catch the vanilluxe.

"you — you  okay over there?"
 ● catching vanilluxe

[attr="class","cred"]MADE BY VEL OF WW + GS

[newclass=.cred]text-align:center;font-size:6pt;color:rgb(132, 132, 132);letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.cred a]color:rgb(132, 132, 132);font-size:6pt;letter-spacing:1px;font-family:verdana;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Voltolos

Amelia Fisher
She, her
October 3
Icirrus City
Bisexual
None yet
Cadet
17 height
17 height
Expectations were like fine pottery. The harder you held them, the more likely they were to crack.
awards
42 posts
Ethel Irving DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @ethel
Ethel Irving
POSTED ON Jan 6, 2021 21:30:45 GMT
Ethel Irving Avatar

There would be plenty of ice in Shoal Cave, of course. Ethel thought that, and then immediately felt like a jerk. She was just trying to do her job!

"I can imagine the rest of Hoenn is too hot for them." She glanced at Magic, who was enjoying the cold and the atmosphere. "I figured that Magic would enjoy the atmosphere, you know?"

That was only partially true. While Magic seemed to be fine with the cold, he seemed to generally be okay with warm temperatures too. But still, this was probably good for him, and a few other of her ice-types who she wasn't willing to release just yet.

A Sandshrew interrupted her musings, rolling towards her at a breakneck pace. She yelped and leaped out of the way, and Magic was on the case. It only took a warning Freeze-dry in the general direction of the ground-type to send it fleeing.

"I do wonder why ground types live in a place known for ice-types and the cold," remarked Ethel as she watched the Sandshrew scurry back into a burrow. She nodded at McFlurry's concern.

Ethel still had no idea how to bring up the topic of Rocket. How would she say that in a way that wouldn't immediately drive this lady off? Was there any way at all?

She continued to think on that topic as they advanced further into the cave.

close tab

played by

100 height
100 height
yayaya aa
awards
800 posts
ADMIN DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @admin
ADMIN
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 23:04:07 GMT
ADMIN Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD GALARIAN DARUMAKA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HUSTLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BLIZZARD
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]AVALANCHE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]UPROAR
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]POWDER SNOW

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD DELIBIRD APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] HUSTLE
[attr="class","wildtabox"]DRILL PECK
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]PRESENT
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]---

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]MCFLURRY CAUGHT THE VANILLUXE!