august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
drive
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2020 10:56:40 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
revving his engine. mateo had recently purchased a motorcycle, particularly a harley-davidson electra glide ultra classic. you could say he did this as some sort of weird way to heal, but let's call it as it is: a cry for help. this was his way of coping with change. everything was changing around him, so he needed a distraction. this was it.

he'd rev the engine once more. attempting to get 's attention. "kyle, you ass! come out!" today was the day of the memorial. mateo wanted to go to the ceremony. after all, he did lose two pokemon in the war himself. "tch, what a waste..." he thought aloud about milotic and dragapult.

mission: here
notes: boom.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
drive
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2020 21:10:42 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"bailey, i already told you i don't want to train now!"

the shout is followed by a sound of hurried footsteps. he steps out of the building still on a league officer's uniform, having been busied by various responsibilities sprung upon him in relation to safety of the region. showing the people that a member of the elite four has been patrolling to keep an eye out for stray ultra beasts brings comfort to the civilians, somewhat.

"oh. i only heard the engine. my bad. hehe!"

he hops on the back of the motorcycle as soon as he sees it, conditioned by the times whenever kidnaps him for a surprise training session. "ooh! you got one of these? since when did you think these are cool?"

kyle has read the reports on meteor falls. he skirts around the topic as much as he can, unsure on how to ease into it. he figures it's not a good idea to bring it up considering mateo's issues he has yet to sort.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
drive
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2020 21:37:38 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
"mm, i kind of get why 's into these things. it sort of helped calm me during a solo drive," mateo responded. he'd come to toss a extra helmet at kyle. "besides, after dumped me i just thought why not. things haven't been going all that well these past few months." but this wasn't his time to complain. today just wasn't the day.

"anyway, today isn't about me. we're headin' out to pay our respects at the square," before beginning their drive, he'd ask, "unless you wanna go patrol outside the city? i heard there were a lot of wild pokemon invading the fields more than usual. some dangerous, other in danger from the dangerous ones." they tried to take shelter within the city, only to accidentally lead their predators toward the civilians. "those invaders really screwed everything up..."

notes: boom.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
drive
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2020 19:44:03 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
this was the first time he has heard about noelle dumping mateo, or that they were even official at all. if anything, he'd always think it'd be the other way around. he supposed he was being a bad friend by not getting involved in their lives more.

kyle tells himself to tackle this next time.

"y-yeah!" he agrees as he puts on the helmet. at least the inside of it doesn't smell as bad as he assumed it will be. "we're not doing another patrol. this is a good excuse for me to finally take a break, if ever!"

he checks his phone for the time one last time before he pats mateo's shoulder as a sign that he's ready.

"i'm supposed to be there anyways. you can tell me what your next plans are on the way."

kyle readies himself for the most plausible answer from mateo, that he has none. he has been kicked to the ground while he's already down, and kyle wouldn't be surprised if he's just wallowing.

he's ready to take the reigns this time much like mateo did before he went into a rut.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
drive
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2020 11:11:13 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
they were now on the road. a steady pace was kept. as they drove, mateo fell into deep thought. it had been sometime since kyle and he saw one another. he wasn't even sure where to begin.

he didn't exactly wanna make the conversation all about him. mateo didn't exactly like sharing too much, but that was no excuse. he had been so caught up in his own mess that he never thought to check in on his friend. as this point they may as well have been strangers. "hey," he said uttered loud enough for kyle to hear him, "so, tell me, what's been going on with you?"

his gaze remained on the road. "it's been awhile since we actually hung out, so tell me what's new with you!" did kyle even have a personal life? mateo can't exactly recall a single moment where he's talked about anything else, outside of video games.

notes: boom, .

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
drive
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2020 19:53:12 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle grumbles when mateo ignores his question. he can only hope that the complaint got drowned by the roaring winds of the ride.

"what do you mean by new?"

he's too used to having a monotonous lifestyle that he fails to perceive what can be considered as news or what can't. there was also the fact that mateo has been stuck on the hospital for a long while that kyle's uncertain which news got to him.

"the latest thing that comes to mind is me getting considered for champion..." he drawls on it before quickly following it up. "bailey got it though!"

he remembers mateo rooting for him to be champion at one point. he starts to think if he should have regretted his decision to give it up instead of fighting for it.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
drive
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2020 22:22:25 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
that's what he meant by new.

as they were nearing their destination. mateo would come to slow the bike down. eventually it would come to a stop. removing his helmet, mateo would respond, "are you serious?!"

he was shocked, but not surprised by the fact he turned it down. "i mean it's not abnormal for you to reject an offer like that, but i thought it'd be something you'd want considering it's rare they're ever challenged." when was the last time news like that even spread? leaning on the bar of the motorcycle, he'd watch from afar as people gathered at the memorial.

"battling hasn't been as fun for me anymore," he casually stated. "i can't believe you were chosen to be champion, though. it's gonna be tough for people to get to bailey if they can't get through to you!" he'd look over his shoulder with a cheeky grin, chuckling at his own comment.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
drive
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2020 2:29:47 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i've been thinking of challenging her some time, you know, just for fun." he's had a few training sessions with here and there, though they were always with pokemon they seldom used instead of actual battling. "she's already complaining that she gets little to no challengers compared to me even as elite four anyways."

he hands him the helmet he was lent and stretches his limbs as he waits for mateo to park his motorcycle. the memorial doesn't seem to be too exciting after the ride, although obligations were obligations.

"battles weren't exactly exciting for me either before i went back to hoenn," kyle adds cheekily on mateo's claim on finding battles unexciting anymore. "you have other hobbies too... right?"

on hindsight, the only things he'd seen him plan for on his free time were training with his pokemon and shouting at random passersby for pokemon battles. everything else were either events he's forced to come or adventures he doesn't tell his friends about.

close tab

played by

light

dragon king
he/him/his
twenty-four
august 5th
blackthorn city
demisexual
civilian
senior ranger
single
333 height
333 height
awards
777 posts
part of
TAG WITH @mateo
mateo martinez
drive
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2020 1:18:37 GMT
mateo martinez Avatar
same old same.

taking back the helmet and parking it. he'd look at the memorial from afar with kyle. as his friend spoke, he'd look to him. a smile forming, "i'm not like you and the others, i never really grew up with other hobbies." he wasn't sure what he was into exactly. "i'm still learning more about myself surprisingly, this year's definitely shown that." he was slowly starting to become more of an adult day by day.

a hand would come to be placed around kyle. bringing the brunette in for a hug, "i forgot how much being by you keeps me at ease." he could always rely on kyle, "i appreciate you man." with all they lost in this recent battle. mateo wanted to get this out just in case anything happened to him in the future.

"i guess should use this downtime to find out what sort of hobbies i have!" mateo said with a beam.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,446 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
drive
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2020 2:13:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle quickly jerks his face away from mateo with the compliment, trying to act as casual as possible.anyone who knows him can quickly pick up on this mannerism of his, however.

"w-w-well, let me know if you find anything you l-like," he stammers as he walks off. he turns back to him only when he finally composed himself. "you should try dog walking. it's a very relaxing hobby. i'll help you start with it too if you want."

he doubts he'd get free labor from him though.

he takes one quick glance at his phone before his face contorts with grimace. a heavy sigh wipes the expression off of him before he pockets the device back. tapping a pokeball on a holster by his hip, he releases a mightyena before waving off to mateo.

"sorry man. gotta meet up with the important people on the stage for the big speech first. don't leave me after the thing's finished, got it? i'm taking you somewhere exciting."

sometimes, he envies mateo for getting out of elite four duties.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
drive
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2020 7:04:19 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: