poison [m]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2020 0:05:46 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marcel"]
[attr="class","contain"]
[attr="class","header"]
re: corsola conservation‒ ⛶ ✕

[attr="class","body"]supposedly, they were here to help the scientists. that was the story anyway. since the events of the war, hoenn's waters have been been polluted with the remnants of something malignant. it wasn't a surprise was interested, marcel was only surprised he'd agreed to doing the head scientist a favour.
[break][break]
"i'd be careful of the water," he warns sidonie, as his attention returns to his surroundings, "that poison got everywhere during the war."

#@sidonie

[newclass=.marcel .contain]width:400px; height:auto; border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .header]width:380px; height:20px; background:url(https://i.imgur.com/OI5fH3m.png); padding:12px 10px 8px 10px; vertical-align:middle; font-size:8px; font-weight;bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .header table]width:380px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .header a]color:#979797!important;letter-spacing:0.5px;text-transform:lowercase!important;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body]width:auto; height:auto; padding:30px 35px; text-align:justify; font-size:7pt; letter-spacing:0.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body b]color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body a]filter:grayscale(5%); text-transform:lowercase!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body img]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body hr]border:none;margin-top:20px;border-top:solid 1px #2b2b2b;padding-bottom:20px;opacity:0.6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .vdice-box]margin-top:15px; width:50px; height:50px; border:none; background-color:#2b2b2b; box-shadow:none; border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .vdice-box .vdice-value]color:#979797; font-family:verdana; font-size:14px; margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .team img]width:35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .team .party]filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .team .party:hover]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
poison [m]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2020 14:59:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Equipment had been provided for these efforts. She was pleased about that, if anything. Giving a soft nod of her head to Marcel, one of the highest ranking Rockets to her knowledge, she was 'careful'. As much as she would enjoy taking some samples, Sidonie resists. They would be personal and Rocket probably already has some stored away.

There would be no point.

Staring down as the Corsola migrated from the safety of her boat, she remarks quietly upon this. Nature, in essence and in full display. As a scientist herself, her interest was piqued. She had yet to study the species in full. What a perfect time. And what effect would it have on the Corsola migration... "Did you fight in the war?" she would ask the man.

Sidonie lifts her head from the waters to stare at him. "I only recently returned to Hoenn" she would explain briefly, showing her ignorance.

1/5
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
poison [m]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2020 1:57:33 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marcel"]
[attr="class","contain"]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","body"]it's not a question he expects to hear so soon—in the coming months, years maybe, but not now. marcel eyes the rocket with some curiosity.
[break][break]
"only as much as the next person." everyone had fought in the war, whether they had been on the frontlines or not; everyone had wanted to survive.
[break][break]
he watches as the corsola travel underwater, trying to pick a standout in the back of his mind. how was he supposed to know which one would make a good test subject?
[break][break]
"what made you come back?" he asks. "i thought the war would've scared anyone off."

#@sidonie

[newclass=.marcel .contain]width:400px; height:auto; border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .header]width:380px; height:20px; background:url(https://i.imgur.com/OI5fH3m.png); padding:12px 10px 8px 10px; vertical-align:middle; font-size:8px; font-weight;bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .header a]color:#979797!important;letter-spacing:0.5px;text-transform:lowercase!important;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body]width:auto; height:auto; padding:30px 35px; text-align:justify; font-size:7pt; letter-spacing:0.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body a]filter:grayscale(5%); text-transform:lowercase!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body img]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body hr]border:none;margin-top:20px;border-top:solid 1px #2b2b2b;padding-bottom:20px;opacity:0.6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .vdice-box]margin-top:15px; width:50px; height:50px; border:none; background-color:#2b2b2b; box-shadow:none; border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .vdice-box .vdice-value]color:#979797; font-family:verdana; font-size:14px; margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .team .party]filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .team .party:hover]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
poison [m]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2020 17:20:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
T'was a good enough answer for her. Sidonie glanced back down at the Corsola traveling under their boat, shrugging her slender shoulders. "I only left to research in Galar" she said idly, and long before the war started. She had heard of it overseas, but was too busy to really return. Besides, she had no hat to throw into the ring. Nothing to prove. Nobody to protect.

"I was called back by Rocket" Sidonie responded "though I have not been placed on a project yet." She supposed they didn't trust her enough to handle anything obtained from the war. Not yet anyway, or had enough scientists to handle them. So why call her back if they did? All the high-ups would be recovering, she supposed. They needed grunts like her to keep the uncertainty alive.

"To put simply, I go where work is." Galar was a hotspot now and almost entirely worn its welcome. There was hardly anything left to research there now.

2/5
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
poison [m]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 14:39:45 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marcel"]
[attr="class","contain"]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","body"]"i doubt it'll stay that way for long." the scientists had a lot to go through, once hoenn had gotten its bearings again.
[break][break]
as curious as he is—about the ultrabeasts, the megalopolan, even his type:null—marcel can't say he envies them. some things were better off not knowing.
[break][break]
"how was it? galar, that is."

#@sidonie

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
poison [m]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 15:36:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"There are many legends and lore like any other region" Sidonie muses, letting her back touch the boat's as she crosses her arms "yet they place a lot of stock in it nowadays." Galar was still dull to her. The advancements they made as human beings was to be admired but they worked too closely with Pokémon to get it done. Could humanity not stand on its own?

"The climate and ecosystem is vast and everchanging" from deserts to grasslands, to storms and still winds "there are a variety of Pokémon to find due to that" Plenty of different types in each location to get a job done that needed to be done. "Galar is prosperous" she would finish, a curt nod given to the region. If anything, they deserved that much.

3/5
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
poison [m]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 23:57:14 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marcel"]
[attr="class","contain"]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","body"]"but it's not hoenn?" he finishes, still watching the water. marcel almost sounds amused.
[break][break]
the boat rocks slightly as his golduck is released. at marcel's signal, the pokemon lifts a corsola from the water with PSYCHIC. separated from the migratory herd, it cries out.
[break][break]
"well we're glad to have you back," he says as his golduck draws the coral pokemon closer.

#@sidonie

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
poison [m]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2020 0:05:39 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Are they? "No" Sidonie agrees, slightly amused "it is not Hoenn."

She doubts Rocket is glad to have the deadpan scientist back. She didn't exactly make friends last she was here. Everyone had someone, or some people, yet Sidonie chose to remain alone. Only coming together for a mission and effectively doing it. Only to part from her company. Never to see them again.

She pushes such thoughts away as the Golduck makes quick work of the Corsola. She takes out a Pokeball, offering it to Marcel. "Here" if she was going to do a job right, she would pull her weight. Sid had many Pokeballs unused. Might as well trap the Corsola for further research, make it compliant.

"Are we taking one for any particular reason?" she is curious about why. Always forever asking questions and receiving answers.

4/5
close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
poison [m]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2020 0:33:15 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marcel"]
[attr="class","contain"]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","body"]marcel takes the pokeball. "thanks." he presses it to the corsola's forehead, letting the water-type vanish in a flash of red as the capsule clicks shut.
[break][break]
it's easy enough to figure out, so marcel gives his answer with little resistance. "we want to see if the poison's had any lasting effects." whether the region's purification really was as successful as people liked to believe.
[break][break]
he shrinks the pokeball before slipping it into his pocket. "ready to go?" their job here was done.

#@sidonie

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
poison [m]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2020 14:10:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Ah, they wanted to study the poison and its effects. "Yes" Sidonie answers, seeing the boat has made its course and there was a land in sight. She would wait for Marcel to exit the vessel before doing so herself. All in all, a perfectly boring job had been done. Though she did learn a few things.

Rocket's goals, for one, were always pleasing to hear. Unlike the League's oft brute force, the scientists in Rocket were always on the verge of discovering something new. She gives Marcel a curt nod before exiting, allowing him to deliver the Corsola to her superiors alone. She still had samples to collect around here. Do her own research.

5/5 FIN
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
poison [m]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2020 22:02:55 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@sidonie