rift [m]
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2020 17:15:14 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marcel"]
[attr="class","contain"]
[attr="class","header"]
re: vacation time‒ ⛶ ✕

[attr="class","body"]marcel blames his exhaustion on the flight.
[break][break]
wordlessly, he enters the rocket vehicle. it's only a short drive—as marcel watches the grunt at the wheel, he questions whether backup was even necessary. marcel may not have been a solider, but he knew how to command his pokemon.
[break][break]
lost in his thoughts, they arrive at their destination before he realises it. marcel opens the door as soon as the realisation comes.

[newclass=.marcel .contain]width:400px; height:auto; border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .header]width:380px; height:20px; background:url(https://i.imgur.com/OI5fH3m.png); padding:12px 10px 8px 10px; vertical-align:middle; font-size:8px; font-weight;bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .header table]width:380px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .header a]color:#979797!important;letter-spacing:0.5px;text-transform:lowercase!important;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body]width:auto; height:auto; padding:30px 35px; text-align:justify; font-size:7pt; letter-spacing:0.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body b]color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body a]filter:grayscale(5%); text-transform:lowercase!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body img]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body hr]border:none;margin-top:20px;border-top:solid 1px #2b2b2b;padding-bottom:20px;opacity:0.6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .vdice-box]margin-top:15px; width:50px; height:50px; border:none; background-color:#2b2b2b; box-shadow:none; border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .vdice-box .vdice-value]color:#979797; font-family:verdana; font-size:14px; margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .team img]width:35px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .team .party]filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .team .party:hover]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
rift [m]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2020 3:52:07 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
An awkward flight transitions into an uncomfortable drive, and Gavin wonders if the grunt driving them can feel the tension crackling between their superiors. Wordlessly, Gavin had chosen to occupy the front seat as if to further separate himself from Marcel.

The safehouse is dark, and Gavin flicks on the lights. A small, utilitarian space is revealed and Gavin drops his suitcase at the end of one of the beds. The air in the room is thick with vitriol.

"You're a real fucking asshole, Marcel."

The words come unbidden, for he hadn't thought to speak them until they were past his lips. Eyes of cold amber settle on the Rocket admin.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
i burn, i shiver / out of this sun and into this shadow
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
rift [m]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2020 15:27:05 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marcel"]
[attr="class","contain"]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","body"]standing at the foot of the opposite, marcel is surprised, though not caught entirely off guard, when gavin finally speaks. his hands still where they rest on his suitcase. the pause lasts only a moment before the latches click, and he pulls out his laptop.
[break][break]
"yeah?" he switches it on, and takes out his rotom-phone, leaving the silence for gavin to fill. marcel knew he had more to say than that.

[newclass=.marcel .contain]width:400px; height:auto; border:solid 1px #2b2b2b;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .header]width:380px; height:20px; background:url(https://i.imgur.com/OI5fH3m.png); padding:12px 10px 8px 10px; vertical-align:middle; font-size:8px; font-weight;bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .header a]color:#979797!important;letter-spacing:0.5px;text-transform:lowercase!important;font-style:italic;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body]width:auto; height:auto; padding:30px 35px; text-align:justify; font-size:7pt; letter-spacing:0.2px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body a]filter:grayscale(5%); text-transform:lowercase!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body img]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body hr]border:none;margin-top:20px;border-top:solid 1px #2b2b2b;padding-bottom:20px;opacity:0.6;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .vdice-box]margin-top:15px; width:50px; height:50px; border:none; background-color:#2b2b2b; box-shadow:none; border-radius:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .vdice-box .vdice-value]color:#979797; font-family:verdana; font-size:14px; margin-top:5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .team .party]filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.marcel .body .team .party:hover]filter:grayscale(5%) brightness(90%) contrast(75%)!important;transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
rift [m]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2020 15:51:59 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin wants to punch him. Had there not been several feet of separation between them, he very well might have.

"Yeah." Marcel is right — Gavin has more to say, but, having not expected to say it now, it takes him several long seconds to collect his scattered thoughts. They'd built up over days of silence and uncomfortably professional interactions with his 'friend', to the point that Marcel's name in his inbox made his skin crawl.

"I'm not your fucking soundboard, Marcel. You'd have never been that bold with Dominic, or Walsh — but you're a right prick to me because you know you can get away with it."

His accent bleeds through his anger, fire blazing in his eyes as he stares Marcel down.

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
rift [m]
POSTED ON Nov 10, 2020 18:04:15 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marcel"]
[attr="class","contain"]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","body"]"no one's bold with walsh," he shoots back, "and dominic did his job."
[break][break]
dominic didn't nearly die.
[break][break]
marcel picks up his laptop and carries it to the table. he sits down and begins to type, gaze still avoiding the half of the room where gavin stands.
[break][break]
"do you want me scared, gavin?" the clack of his keyboard comes too sharp. "is that it? none of your grunts listen, so you want someone who finally does."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
rift [m]
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2020 13:59:49 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"And I didn't?"

Failing to understand the real reason behind Marcel's anger, Gavin attributes the admin's attitude to venting. He knew all too well the dangers of speaking too openly in the submarine but his friendship with Marcel predated and transcended their ranks.

He crosses the room in swift strides, but does not resort to violence. Instead, he closes the laptop — forcefully enough to make a point, yet clearly holding back. No amount of anger was worth property damage.

"Who do you think I am?" Unlike with Wendy and Katherine where the words had been a threat, they now carry a different meaning. Fear, blind compliance — those were the last things he wanted from Marcel. "I want to know when my friend turned into an insensitive prick."

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
rift [m]
POSTED ON Nov 12, 2020 11:59:52 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marcel"]
[attr="class","contain"]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","body"]marcel bristles as the laptop slams shut. he grips its edges, protectively, as he finally turns to face gavin.
[break][break]
"when you compromised yourself," he bites back, "i—your colleague—spoke up, just as i would do for anyone." before gavin can cut in, he continues. "and no, i don't treat you the same as everyone else. i don't treat anyone the same as everyone else." if he could, his job would be a whole lot easier.
[break][break]
he breathes a long exhale before opening his laptop once again.
[break][break]
"i can't afford to be your friend first and foremost, gavin. that's not how it works here."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
rift [m]
POSTED ON Nov 13, 2020 15:42:55 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
"Oh, don't give me that shit," Gavin snaps back with vitriol. They're in too deep, now, and Gavin's tone shifts to one of mocking imitation. "'You know what I do when a ship sinks.' You think I'd let you get away with that if you weren't my friend first?"

Marcel knew, more than anyone else, how much Gavin hated the need to inspire fear in others — he also knew how necessary it was, to keep their flighty grunts in line.

"You didn't just speak up, mind." His tone turns cold and stiff. "You blamed me for Katherine's mistakes. 'Dominic did his job'; well why was it my job to predict her fuck-up, and not his? Yours?"

His phone is a weight in his pocket, a reminder of the recording he hadn't yet sent Marcel. "None of us knew she was crazy."

close tab

played by

kay

kosuke sato
he/him
twenty-eight
february 20
nimbasa city, unova
bisexual
head of intel
executive
awards
1,191 posts
marcel maeda DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @marcel
marcel maeda
rift [m]
POSTED ON Nov 14, 2020 1:01:39 GMT
marcel maeda Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","marcel"]
[attr="class","contain"]
[attr="class","header"]

[attr="class","body"]"you think i'm the only one who will?" marcel's fingers rest on the table: still. "every mistake made under this organisation opens you, dominic, and walsh up to criticism."
[break][break]
pushing his chair out slightly, he shifts to face gavin. though there's no anger behind it, marcel's voice remains firm. [break][break]
"walsh wasn't at mauville, and dominic wasn't with katherine." he lets the rest of his sentence hang—gavin is smart enough to fill the gap.
[break][break]
perhaps it's by the nature of his job that he's grown too aware of the people around him; perhaps it's because of this, he spends too much time with his thoughts in the minds of others.
[break][break]
"you need to be more aware of your image gavin, because what you've just said to me won't cut it with anyone else."

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,850 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
rift [m]
POSTED ON Nov 15, 2020 15:55:25 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
There is ice in his veins, blood running cold.

"You think I don't know that?" Ever since Walsh had taken power, Rocket had been a delicate dance of eliminating threat and pacifying the masses. Dissidents swarmed like rats. "I'm well aware of my image. I'm not going to forget who my friends are because of it."

His friendship with Marcel was perhaps one of the strongest driving factors behind how Gavin felt about Rocket. Marcel was like a brother.

"Anyone else asks, it was an informed, executive decision I made to protect a Rocket asset." He was honest with Dominic, as well, as much as it grated on him to do so. He would not be shamed into regretting his decision. "But it was you who asked me."