Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Bugging Out [Doug]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2020 15:52:28 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

He knew what a Vikavolt was, but he could only squint at the word 'Guzzlord' and assume from the context given that it belonged in the same group as those monsters that had demolished Slateport.

"You've got a trooper with ya." He said, though he didn't sound particularly happy. He really was holding back on petting this one. "I'm glad to see her doing so well."

Battling was fun, but he really couldn't stomach the darker aspects of it that came with war and life & death struggles.

Thankfully, there was a less heavy subject on board. At Andy's words, Doug tilted his head.

He was curious. "Huh? How come?" He said, scratching at his chin in thought. "Her books are pretty good stuff! Wasn't too famous, but she was something else. Lady actually knew her stuff. Lotsa 'experts' jacking on the typewriter and selling it off as 'educational' crap. I occasionally reread her stuff just to remind myself books ain't sleeping aids."

School did a terrific job at convincing him otherwise on the daily.

He couldn't really hold it against Andy though; Those were thick books. Not exactly an afternoon read, specially if you didn't even care for the subject.

"Darn, he's got lovin' down pat! Might wanna try less tongue next time though, friend!" He said, laughing softly while Andy tried to wipe off the strange slob. "Need some help? Lil' miss spider 'ere is pretty good at washin'."

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Bugging Out [Doug]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2020 0:41:23 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","dangerhead"]

[attr="class","dangerbody"]

[attr="class","dangericon"]

[attr="class","dangertxt"]
''Gengaaar!'' The ghost pokemon backed out of striking distance as Andy glowered in his direction. ''It's fine. I can take care of myself.'' While he didn't want to admit it, he would probably shriek like a girl having something as otherworldly as a dewpider crawling up his arm. Not to mention he wasn't sure what the strange saliva would do to it if ingested.
[break][break]
Life occasionally surprised you with an odd experience here and there, but they seemed to be appearing more and more as time went on. Never had he met someone who had been a fan of his parent's work. Many praised grand parents, great grand parents, and even great great grandparents sometimes, but those were typically the most stodgy and elitist of intellectuals.
[break][break]
''Glad you liked her shit,'' he finally responded to Doug's praise. ''She spent pretty much all of her time writing those books.'' A statement which implied plenty even without the bitterness that was woven into each syllable. ''Guess she was making somebody out there happy though.'' He said, still moping at his face with his shirt.
[break][break]
''Anyway,'' he wanted to pivot away from all the events of his old Galarian life. Sometimes Hoenn reminded him that he missed his home country, and sometimes it reminded him why he left. ''I have a spare bed at my camp, if you're interested. It ain't the ritz, but it's more peaceful and private than some tent city.'' He fired another glare at Epitaph, ''he can sleep on the floor while we got guests.''

[attr="class","dangerfoot"]

[attr="class","dangertag"]

[attr="class","dangernotes"]

--

[attr="class","dangercredits"]cyan of pixel perfect

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt b]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag a]color: #2e8b57;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Bugging Out [Doug]
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2020 2:09:42 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

There was a tone to Andy's voice, but Doug had never been one to pry, so he ignored it.

He did, however, wonder if he and the youth didn't have more in common than it might have seemed at first glance, what with the way the conversation was swiftly and not coincidentally turned away from Andy's mother.

His wondering was swiftly forgotten at the new subject instead. He blinked at Andy, his head slowly tilting. Then smiled.

"Sure. Sounds fun! Been a while since I've camped with a bud!" He said.

To be precise, last time had camped with friends, Kanto was still a country.

"But hey, don't diss the Caravan life till ya tried it. How about..." He began humming, scratching at his chin. "I sleep with ya, but ya join us all for dinner first? As it turns out, we are havin' a bonfire tonight. Everyone pooled up cash and the moms 'round can make a mean curry, I tell ya!"

He reached up to tip his hat, winking at Andy.

"I ain't a half bad cook myself- but I can show off next time."

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
Gonna dig this hole until I fall in. Until there is no end. Until there is no anything.
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Bugging Out [Doug]
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2020 21:16:43 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''Pbft!'' Obviously he knew it wasn't how Doug meant it, but the phrasing seemed a little suggestive, especially the punctuating wink. ''You can camp with me, bug boy, but if you want to cook me dinner and sleep with me you're going to need to dress sharper than that.'' His finger pointed up and down the older teen's length.
[break][break]
''Gegegege!'' The gengar pepped up from his sulking after being scolded to chuckle at his master's antics. Perhaps a tasteless joke given that Doug was a refugee. ''Never had a 'camp stew' before.'' He wondered if it that was like a curry. ''Every old lady making it must make it pretty decent though.'' It all sounded like the old 'Stone Soup' story.
[break][break]
''Where can I find your uh, humble abode?'' Granted, Andy could have always have invited Doug to stay at his massive house near Ever Grande City, but the accommodations could he very hectic. He wouldn't wish that on anyone, which is why he rarely stayed there himself. Digging into his pocket and sparing a second to shake off some missed gengar slime, he produced a phone.
[break][break]
''You got a phone number, mate?''

--

[googlefont=Raleway:500][newclass=.dangerhead]width: 500px;height: 150px;background: url('https://i.imgur.com/UsWyrNt.png');border-bottom: solid;border-color: #262626;border-width: 10px;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody]background: #2b2b2b;width: 420px;padding: 40px;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertxt]color: #ededed;line-height: 21px;text-align: justify;margin-top: -15px;margin-left: 12px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;padding-left: 20px;padding-bottom: 30px;font-size: 11px;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangericon]transform: rotate(45deg);-webkit-transform: rotate(45deg);-ms-transform: rotate(45deg);border: solid;background: #262626;border-color: #262626;border-width: 4px;left: 23px;top: -35px;max-width: 50px;max-height: 50px;position: absolute;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerfoot]margin-left: -40px;width: 500px;height: 5px;padding-top: 15px;border-top: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;color: #ededed;font-family: Raleway, sans-serif;font-weight: 500;font-size: 9px;line-height: 13px;text-align: justify;position: relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 3px;background: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangerbody ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background: #c4c4c4; [/newclass]

[newclass=.dangernotes]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;padding-left: 20px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;left: 260px;border-left: solid;border-width: 1px;border-color: #212121;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangertag]width: 200px;height: 28px;overflow: auto;left: 30px;padding-right: 5px;position: absolute;text-align: center;[/newclass]

[newclass=.dangercredits]margin-top: 6px;margin-left: 420px;font-family: raleway;font-size:8px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Bugging Out [Doug]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2020 2:14:39 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Awfully high standards ya got there, ghost boy." He said in response, chuckling as he tipped down his hat. "Never been to a sleepover in suit n' tie before, but I'll see what I can do."

Maybe it was just a galarian thing- to be expected from the people who invented the term posh?

... What? Of course the meaning of Andy's words sailed merrily over the youth's hat.

... Probably.

"That particular piece'o heaven on earth can be found in da'slums." He said as he turned towards its general direction, making a few guiding gestures with his hand. "Us folk who lost our homes cleared up lots'o'rubble just to get enough space to set up camp."

It was a pretty depressing experience, having to quite literally pick up the remaining pieces of their lives.

"Was hard work, but ya know." He said, grinning as he gripped his shoulder and rolled his arm. "Little out there these big ol' muscles can't do."

That and several pokemon.

At Andy's question, he blinked, before pulling out his phone, nodding. It was both an old and cheap model, but it was at least well kept.

"Good idea." He said with a chuckle, typing out his own number before showing it to Andy. "I can just text ya the address."

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Bugging Out [Doug]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 5:33:04 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

Blinking in confusion at the other boy's first comment, he didn't consider dressing nice before any date to be a high standard. Then as he continued, Andy got it. Doug didn't get it. Briefly, he was unable to keep the unamused look from his features. Perhaps they were just playing dumb. Although with that hat to complete his current ensemble, perhaps not.
[break][break]
''Shit. You had to clean it up all yourselves?'' Things pivoted rather quickly. Once again he couldn't believe how little the League had done in the wake of all the combat. Though it wasn't as if the older boy didn't approach the situation with a level of levity. ''Few more push ups might do you good if you're looking for bulk, mate.'' Ironically said from such a thin child as himself.
[break][break]
With a swipe of a thumb to unlock his own phone, he copied down the street name. Though slums and a tent city seemed like it might be fairly easy to find, especially if he was flying. Part of him was a little nervous about venturing to such places. After all, slums were typically where you found criminals, people looking to blend in with the less fortunate, or worse, take advantage of them.
[break][break]
''Got it.'' With the click of a button the screen died away and he crammed the phone back into his pocket, sneaking a taste of his ice cream as he did so. ''I guess I'll see you then. Don't want to keep you from your schooling.'' The freer schedule of home schooling was far superior, but he could see how that wouldn't work living in a camp.
[break][break]
Hopefully his little portable would prove a superior shelter.

--

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,865 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Bugging Out [Doug]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 21:02:50 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Sure did! Got to show off the gun show for once." He said, never once stopping the flexing of his noodle arms, even in the face of the (utterly unwarranted) shot down.

"I'm trying to look good, not leave Machamp's without a job." He said with a laugh, finally letting his arms flop back to his sides as Andy noted down both his number and address... and decided to make himself scarce.

For his sake.

"'Preciate the thought." He said, grinning. He had no intention of going back to class, but he didn't need to give the other youth any more reasons to think he was a dumbass.

"Don't be a stranger!" He said as he turned around, holding up an arm in farewell. "I'll be sure to dress nice for the date."

He threw a smirk over his shoulder and waved as he walked away.

close tab

played by

Sovetskii Soryuz

Little Bastard
He/Him
Fourteen
June 6th
Wyndon, Galar
Homosexual
Trainer
Ace Trainer
awards
615 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sov
Andy Blackadder
Bugging Out [Doug]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2020 5:31:36 GMT
Andy Blackadder Avatar
[nospaces]

''Hnk!'' So he did get it. Or perhaps he was joking and Andy did not get it. Not the less, his gengar stared curiously at his trainer's reaction. Had he accidentally gotten into a date, or purposefully? Even he didn't know. ''Yanmega?'' The older pokemon knew something was up, but her understanding of the situation wasn't that deep.
[break][break]
''It's nothing,'' he mumbled an assurance to both, before waving back. ''Don't cheat with a clip on tie or some shit!'' Epitaph approached as Doug faded into the crowd, poking at Andy's flushed face with interest. ''Gengar? Gengaaaar?'' The boy batted the hand away. ''Hands off asshole. It's just warm out here.''
[break][break]
The ghost's grin was pressed into an annoyed line. Why was his master being so touchy? Andy's own face creased in frown, he licked the melting ice cream once again to attempt to wet his whistle. Typically he avoided things he was bad at, but some things in life just couldn't be dodged. After everything else though, he perhaps had a friend, and ice cream.
[break][break]
''Let's go.'' He gestured to the yanmega.

--

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,759 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Bugging Out [Doug]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2020 6:17:16 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: