Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
A Generous Donation (Invite)
POSTED ON Nov 16, 2020 12:45:12 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

After the war had passed, and the restoration of the affected areas went underway, Thomas wasted no time in getting to work himself. His own home in Verdanturf, Duvet Ranch, was used to treat the wounded in the immediate aftermath of the conflict. This was far from the first time, as incidents involving mass injuries, such as the New Years Attack, required such services. Thankfully, his little army of Audino, being naturals at such a role, and being brought up in an affectionate environment, excelled at healing the wounded.

But there were others involved in such acts. One of them was the operation run by the Fosters, very similar to what he was running, only for much longer. Given what had passed, and what he felt was coming, Thomas felt it best to try to at least help the others out in their endeavors, perhaps arrange alliances in order to better organize the care of the wounded and abandoned following future disasters.

Today, Thomas arranged a lunch with one of the Fosters, in order to discuss his donation to their Ranch, as well as propose his idea of an alliance. The Kalosian, after having spoken on the phone with them, picked out the appropriate place to eat, and waited at the table. This was his treat, of course.

tags:
notes: Feel free to determine what sort of restaurant was preferred, exactly.

close tab

played by

citrus

care bear
she/her
twenty five
august 21
oldale town
heterosexual
pokemon rehabilitator
ranger
31 height
31 height
what a mess you've made of the gd room
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @carolinefoster
caroline foster
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2020 10:11:57 GMT
caroline foster Avatar
The Foster's ranch was a home for animals going back generations. From her father's father and his father's father. It started from a single barn and small paddock to an expansive home for animals of all types, not just those typical of ranches. Growing up on the ranch, Caroline had encountered all types of Pokemon from the typical Mareep, Miltank, Mudsdale, and Herdier to the less common like Lapras and Togedemaru. There was a home, a safe place, for all who sought safety and care.

People from all across Hoenn would bring untameable, wild, and sick Pokemon to their ranch in search of assistance. In some cases, even wild Pokemon would find themselves searching for help beyond the ranch's front gates. When the work load became too overwhelming, as it had become during and following the war, they would often outsource to other ranches across Hoenn to aid in the care of sick Pokemon.

That was why Caroline was here, dressed in a respectable sleeveless dress reaching down past her knees and patterned with red hibiscus. It was coupled with a thin white jacket. A bright sun shone overhead as she pushed through the wooden doors of the restaurant and into the waiting area. It wasn't a particularly fancy restaurant, but it was classier than most that she typically dined in. Her eyes scanned the interior until she found Thomas already seated on the other end of the restaurant. They'd met once or twice in the past, but her family had never personally worked with the Duvet Ranch.

Caroline approached him with a hand raised in greeting. "Good afternoon, Thomas. I hope you haven't waited too long." She pulled out a chair and sat. "It's been a long time since I last saw you, how is your ranch doing?" They'd already discussed some of the details over the phone, but this was their first formal meeting to discuss business. It didn't hurt to begin with a little bit of small talk. "Things have been quite hectic back home, but my parents are managing things with the help of plenty volunteers. We talked on the phone earlier and it seems they just got a new batch of displaced Azurill and they've been enjoying the pond facilities quite well. We hope to find them a new home soon."

close tab

played by

Tagger

Wraith
he/him/his
October 31
Shalour City, Kalos
Heterosexual
Ranch Owner
Ex-Elite 4
Desiree Blooms
"My guiding light."
6'04" height
6'04" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,462 posts
part of
TAG WITH @thomasbenoit
Thomas Benoit
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2021 1:02:58 GMT
Thomas Benoit Avatar

Thomas watched as Caroline stepped in through the door, having dressed up for the event. As she went over to the table, hand raised, the "cyclops" gave her a polite smile. Thomas himself was in a simple, yet nice-looking suit for the occasion, minus a necktie. It was a dark navy blue suit, with a white button-up shirt worn underneath. Reflecting on the situation briefly, Thomas joked that this was as close as he cared to get to participating in the Mistletoe Matching event that was planned for this year. After all, he already had someone, and this was business.

"Not at all.", he'd reply to her.

"The Ranch is doing fine. Still dealing with the wounded, but things have stabilized since the immediate aftermath of the war.", he'd tell her. "How about your ranch?", he'd inquire. He would hear her out, specifically on the Azurill who got displaced recently. "I see. Is there anything I can do to help the process along?", he'd inquire. Even if they didn't strike a deal during this meeting, or come anywhere close to it, the least he could do was see if there was anything he could do to help the Azurill.

"Did you want to get straight to business, or would you like to put in an order first? It's on me, as I promised.", he would inquire, to be polite. Even if they got to talking first, he wanted to make sure she had some breathing room, before they got into the meat and potatoes of the meeting.

tags:
notes: Referencing the Mistletoe Matching event