2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
growth . [ mission ]
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2020 4:33:12 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
she hadn't the faintest idea as to why her mistress had left her here, though her placement had come about after a round of intense training. the poison-type had caught a few words that she translated into 'break' and 'respite' - but she didn't feign complete understanding. her grasp on the human language was weaker than most, but she succeeded at following commands. 

nidorina peered at the fenced in area, the grass here neatly trimmed and grounds meticulously maintained. but despite the artificial serenity that had been constructed, she felt the desire to return to her rightful home. but she didn't question her mistress's will nor attempt to look for a potential escape, obedient and knowledgeable of cait's place as the human they should diligently protect and safeguard.

'at the cost of everything. if it is required,' she thought. 

her mistress had taken an interest in her as of late, training her and building up her strength slowly but surely. and she felt - once she was deemed worthy - she'd be gifted a moonstone in good time. nidorina trembled with excitement at the mere thought of evolution, hopeful that she'd be as powerful as her father if not more so.

she contented herself with such thoughts, approaching the water made available before lapping it up greedily. 

https://pa1.narvii.com/5862/e1f459397048e268890ddb47f0df1884337f205c_hq.gif
[ mission

@ o p e n
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,856 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
growth . [ mission ]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2020 21:22:26 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

That lad sure could be lazy at times. He dragged her around into problematic places like caves and far off cities, and then dumped her in a kindergarten to go for a nap? Did he even have the disposable income to afford this?

Surely not. He lived in a homeless camp!

Once again, Kameba couldn't help but wonder about her choice in human.

... What? It was choice! Just because she got caught didn't mean she had to listen! Shut up!

The little bug snapped out of her introspection when she heard something draw close. Almost immediately, she withdrew into her rocky shell, her nerves getting the better of her in this unknown environment. She was supposed to protect her trainer, but she felt oddly exposed and vulnerable without him around.

Still... she tried to peak out of her shell slightly, trying to see who or what had come near her.

It was just another pokemon. She hadn't ever met one like it, but then, she was young and without much mileage in life. Still... she didn't feel any particularly bad vibes out of this one.

Even if she drank water like the pond was drying up.

She let out a little chitter from where she stood, a single claw poking out of her shell to wave in a manner similar to her trainer.

The rest of her stayed inside, though. Just in case.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
growth . [ mission ]
POSTED ON Nov 21, 2020 22:08:11 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
her prominent ears gave a twitch, the pokemon immediately transitioning to her back legs to appear larger as she shifted her gaze onto the stranger. to her surprise, it had been the rocky shell that she had checked off as a mere ornament. but there appeared to be a creature who resided within; and an unfamiliar one at that.

her mistress's horde were a diverse lot - but she didn't possess a creature such as this one. 

'are they edible, i wonder?'

beyond their land, she had consumed meats and vegetables that varied in taste and texture. but she resisted that urge to cause a fuss, aware that her mistress wouldn't fancy her sampling her fellow pokemon within such a setting.

- speak common? - 

she tested the waters by presenting the strange with this inquiry, encouraging the crab-like creature to speak properly. the 'common tongue' being how pokemon conversed with one another regardless of their species. some did - some didn't - it depended heavily on the circumstances of their birth. 

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,856 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
growth . [ mission ]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2020 15:41:28 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Kameba took the other pokemon's growing height as a sign that she should just hide inside her rock.

Her claw darted right back in, with her withdrawing as far inside as she would go.

Yeah, she was just gonna stay here all day and not get eaten, thanks. She was gonna give so much crap to her trainer when he finally got back, damn it.

... Wait, was she being talked to?

Resist the urge. Just keep your mouth shut and stay inside your shell.

Don't do it!

- Yes, I do. - Goddamn it!

- Uh, um... Yowhat'sup? - She said, falling back onto her trainer's own speech patterns and weird phrases. Her voice was not too loud due to being spoken from inside the shell, but hopefully she had been heard. - You, uh... are pretty big. Please don't hurt me? -

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
growth . [ mission ]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2020 16:06:29 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
the pokemon's accent and manner of speaking were comparable to those whom resided near or within a city's confines. it was familiar, her gaze sparking with recognition as she tilted her head from side to side as she spoke. 

- i'll consider, - she replied.

her claw scratched at her pale underbelly, as though she was pondering over kameba's fate.

- what are you? a misshapen paras? a deformed krabby? - 

she sniffed in the bug-type's direction, appearing equal parts bemused and intrigued.

- your mistress left you here as well? - 

the nidorina settled upon all fours, tightly circling her new 'friend' as she did so. 

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,856 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
growth . [ mission ]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2020 16:21:25 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Kameba frowned, her fright giving some space to her temper.

- No! I'm a Dwebble! And I am not deformed! - She said.

Her new acquaintance was walking circles around her now, but the Dwebble's temper gave her courage on most ocassions.

She popped out of her shell, glaring up at the other pokemon. The glare turned to slight confusion.

- Mistress? You mean... my trainer? Yes. He wanted to sleep. - She said, rolling her eyes at the memory. Her trainer had wanted to use one of the couches in the daycare's lobby as a napping spot- but you were only allowed to stay around for long if your pokemon was inside. So...

She gave the other pokemon an up and down look, only now getting a proper look at her.

- What about you? - She said, wondering. - I've never seen one of you. My trainer only trains others like me. -

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
growth . [ mission ]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2020 16:32:46 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
the female appeared mildly impressed by the pokemon's bravado.

- dweb-ble, - she parroted.

it was likely she'd forget in a handful of hours, the name unfamiliar and awkward upon her tongue. 

- 'he'? - 

she blinked at this and realized that she had assumed the gender of the pokemon's human.

'a master, then. like the mistress's mate.'  

- he left you here because he desired rest, then. - 

an odd explanation but a reasonable enough one. she halted before the pokemon, peering down her nose at the dwebble. 

- my mistress had business in fortree. she left me here to recover from our battle practice. - 

nidorina much rather she accompanied her mistress. but she was not wont to question the woman's motivations, no matter how strange.

- if you have a trainer than you must know how to fight, little paras, - she said, purposefully mislabeling the bug-type. 

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,856 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
growth . [ mission ]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2020 17:22:08 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"What's a fortree?" She said after a moment, the other's words finally registering properly. She wasn't too well traveled, nor educated on human matters; she wasn't aware of City names.

That aside... Damn it!

"Dwebble!" She said, snapping at the other. "I just told you! But...! yeah. My trainer said I shouldn't fight here, though."

Others wouldn't appreciate their pokemon getting hurt in a so-called Daycare.

"... Didn't your 'mistress' put you here to recover as well?" She said, staring at the other dryly.

Not too good at following instructions if she was picking fights already, was she?

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
growth . [ mission ]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2020 17:34:50 GMT
cait alfric Avatar
nidorina gave a snort, the rush of hot air reeking of the meats that she had dined upon. she appeared amused, her eyes gleaming with delight that she had succeeded in verbally prodding at the bug-type.

- you've a point, - she relented, her eyes becoming partly lidded. 

she hummed and moved to walk past the dwebble. 

- perhaps we'll have the opportunity to test our mettle at a later time. - 

it was doubtful she'd ever see this strange pokemon again. but fate was a curious thing, causing the vaguely unfamiliar to reunite without rhyme or reason. 

- i'll keep you in mind when i enjoy my next corphish, tiny krabby. - 

with that said she walked to the other side of the enclosure, intending to locate a well-shaded place to nap while she awaited her mistress's return.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,856 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
growth . [ mission ]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2020 17:52:33 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

The Dwebble nodded to herself, humming.

"Of course I do. I'm rarely wrong." She said, not a hint of irony in her tone.

Of course, her dignitas was easily shook. Her

"Damn it...! It's DWEBBLE!" She said, waving her pincers about, her little shell quaking.

So annoying! It wasn't hard to remember! Was she doing it on purpose or something?!

"Bah! Just call me Kameba!" She said at the retreating form of the other pokemon- though she wasn't certain if she was even heard. "And I'll think of YOU next time I'm-! Uh..."

What the heck was she, even? She never did tell her, even after she asked. Just picked a fight...

"Eating berries...?" She said, finishing in a low, unsure murmur as she deflated.

They hadn't even battled and she still felt like she had lost something.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,628 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
growth . [ mission ]
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2020 2:05:08 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: