he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,419 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Grand Theft Hattrem
POSTED ON Dec 4, 2020 21:14:09 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar

Oh. Oh wow. Hideo was stunned, his mouth open.

He hadn’t even thought to ask Doug to join the program. He was a complete stranger to him less than an hour ago - who he met because Pom stole his hat.

Hideo felt he had to say something. Anything. “Well...uh...” Eloquent.

He’d have to take it one step at a time. “Just that...um...” His mind raced as he tried to think of an excuse. “I’m kinda...waiting for someone. Yeah. I can’t leave here until they get back. Here, I mean.

More like if he went to the League Center, there was a chance someone would recognize him - and see that he was out on his own. That was a road to him getting into a loooot of trouble (and his sister too).

Not like it was a complete lie either - he was planning to hang around here ‘till his sister came to pick him up.

...but I’m not against you signing up. I dunno how it works on the mentors’ end, but they usually know I’m blind beforehand. So it shouldn’t be hard for you to sign up for the one blind kid.

He was pretty sure he was the only blind kid in the program anyway.

A wide, toothy smile found its way to his face. He was liking this idea a lot. “Yeah! You can mentor me on bonfire parties! And help me make my curry the best there ever is! And tell me everything you know about bugs!

Ok. He was loving this! This was the most excited he’d been for a mentor since the first.

And maybe if you do join the League, you can get some healthcare! Shouldn’t be too hard for you to get in, ‘specially with everything you know!”  If he could get in, no doubt Doug could too.

He was positively giddy underneath that over-ruffled hair.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Grand Theft Hattrem
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2020 20:30:27 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Oh right, he was a blind child alone in the park.

It was a good thing Doug was a kid wearing a school uniform himself, or perhaps he would have been looked upon with more scrutiny.

Luckily, despite the suddenness of his offer, Hideo was into it. Doug grinned at the youth's exuberance, holding back from ruffling his hair once again only because he had already made a complete mess of his hairdo.

"Oh yeah, they DO give healthcare, huh?" He said, suddenly looking pensive. He hadn't thought about that particular benefit until now.

Maybe he should have signed up his life to the front lines sooner.

He shook his head at the thought, grinning at Hideo.

"Thanks for the vote of confidence." He said, holding back from giving the kid a thumbs up. "I'll be back with good news before you know it, Hideo."

He adjusted his hat, holding out a pokeball towards the tree tops and returning Kama to her pokeball.

"Sorry to run on ya, Hideo! But it's best to strike while the iron's hot!" He said as he began to slowly walk away, facing Hideo as he did. "Ya'll be hearing back from me soon, promise! Let's make the biggest, bestest curry for all our mon's when we do!"

close tab

played by

Blue Star

Hideo
he/him
October 18th
slateport
undecided
Gym Leader
Ace Trainer
smol height
smol height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
2,419 posts
Hideo Kino DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @hideo
Hideo Kino
Grand Theft Hattrem
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2020 2:15:26 GMT
Hideo Kino Avatar
Who knew that sitting in a park would lead to something so great?

I’m looking forward to it!” he said, his smile unwavering. He could imagine all the partying they’d do, all the wild adventures they’d go on, all the bugs they’d encounter. It was gonna be great!

It soon came time for Doug to actually go out and sign up for it. Hideo waved to him, unsure if he had done the same. “We’ll make the best curry there ever was!” he shouted, unsure of how far Doug had gotten, “We’ll be the best chefs in all of Hoenn!

And that seemed to be the end of their encounter. All waved out, he lowered his hands, one resting on Squeeze’s back. “This is gonna be great! Someone I’ll really want as a mentor!  I can't wait!

He got a low chuckle from the Lycanroc still at his feet. Squeeze didn’t react to what he’d said - instead letting out a “Spiiiiiii~” at his touch.

Now it was just a matter of waiting for his sister to come back for him. He scratched his head, noticing his hair was completely messed up. Like he’d just gotten out of bed.

He could just say Pom did it. She’d done it before, and he was sure they’d believe she’d done it again. Wouldn’t want his parents’ first impression of his newest mentor to be someone who ruffled things up.

End Thread

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Grand Theft Hattrem
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2020 3:27:33 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: