awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
campfire song [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 27, 2020 21:26:27 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 Pay? I think we’re going to have some trouble there, buddy.” Angelo says it with a chuckle, playing off his actual penniless pockets with a light-hearted joke. He didn’t have enough money to pay for a proper bike torch, let alone a monthly bug enthusiast subscription, even in theory.

Angelo lets out a loud laugh as Doug threatens his cat, startling the pokemon nestled in his lap and accidently getting a rock spike jab into the thigh for his trouble. Dorado and Angelo hiss but for different reasons.

Watching as the bug catcher releases a – surprise – bug, Angelo observes the teenager and his Dewpider explain some of the steps in how to craft your very own hat. Apparently, this wasn’t their first rodeo. He wondered how many straw hats Doug had at home. “Here you go,” he says as he obliges and hands over his handful of grass, blue eyes curiously bright as the water spider took the blades into her aqua bubble, although he drops a couple on the pass between.

Oops, hang on a second…” Leaning back towards a bush behind him, Angelo plucks a few stems of what he thought he had seen Doug collect earlier, gathering up a few to make up for the ones that he had dropped. One more. Grasping hold of a strip of green that looks a little bigger than the rest, he pulls but instead of the grass tearing, he’s instead met with a pair of yellow eyes glaring at him. “Oh, shit!” Angelo lets go and there’s a bit of chaos as he lurches, Orion flying out of his lap and Dorado pouncing with claws flailing, a battle cry yowling into the night as he attacks the Grovyle.

I think we’ve got enough now…” Angelo chuckles as he passes his hastily collected leaves to the Dewpider, leaving Dorado to puff his chest up in victory as he stands over a newly occupied pokeball.

catch attempt on grovyle //

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,864 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
campfire song [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2020 4:39:28 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"'Fraid you signed the contract when you grabbed that grass, m'dude." He said with a completely dry expression, keeping his smug satisfaction at the cat's startlement to himself.

As Angelo placed his leaves on Kumon's bubble however, a lot of things suddenly happened.

He somehow managed to grab a Grovyle's crest, for one. And gave it a firm tug, too.

When it's eyes flashed open, the bugcatcher and the Dewpider were among the many who jumped. One could almost hear the battle music cue in as trouble began.

"What in tarnation?!" He said as he leapt to he yoinked his Dewpider to his chest and scrambled away, just in time for the Rockruff and the Meowth to get the drop on the unfortunate gecko, its screeches filling the night air until it was summarily put to 'bed', getting knocked out in the middle of the camp.

One could almost hear the victory jingle rising through the night air... No wait, one could definitely hear it.

Glancing besides him, Doug noticed the Kricketune conveniently standing right there, still going through the tune while Angelo and his pokemon sorted out the mess with the Grovyle.

"... Oh." He said, getting its attention.

A net met its face as it turned to look at him questioningly.

"This one's a keeper." He said moments later as he pocketed a newly filled pokeball. Turning to Angelo, he nearly got a faceful of leaves- Kumon definitely got it-, and smirked.

"Never made a hat with a Grovyle's crest, either. Tonight's just full of new experiences."

TAG: @
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
campfire song [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 29, 2020 22:28:19 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtemp"]
[attr="class","wildbgsaf"]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD HAWLUCHA APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildshiny"]

[attr="class","wildpkmnbox"]
[attr="class","wildpkmn"]

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] MALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] UNBURDEN
[attr="class","wildtabox"]HONE CLAWS
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ROOST
[attr="class","wildtabox"]BOUNCE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]SUBMISSION
[attr="class","wildtabox"]---
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] ---

[attr="class","wildtag"] &

[attr="class","wildnote"]WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]A WILD JUMPLUFF APPEARED!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEAF GUARD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FAIRY WIND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ACROBATICS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STUN SPORE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]U-TURN

[attr="class","wildnote"]WHAT WILL YOU DO?

[break]
[attr="class","reward2"]YOUR CAPTURE ATTEMPTS ARE SUCCESSFUL!

close tab

played by

esuna

angel, rogue bastard
he / him
twenty-six
july 21st
alto mare, johto
heterosexual
pilot
nautica owner
starblood ✦
awards
2,384 posts
part of
TAG WITH @angelo
angelo vestri
campfire song [dw]
POSTED ON Nov 30, 2020 21:49:07 GMT
angelo vestri Avatar
 Sitting back down on the ground after pocketing the newly caught pokemon, Dorado encircling the campfire with flames dancing in his eyes like he was patrolling in his post-battle high, Angelo dragged his backpack over to himself. “So, I’m going to be straight with you, Doug.” He starts, rummaging through his pack with a clear intent to locate something. “I’m not going to be able to pay that membership fee which, for the record, you really should have warned about before you duped me into signing the contract.

So I was thinking,” finally he pulls out two cheap looking plastic pots with ‘cup ramen’ printed on the side, wiggling the contents at the teenager as if he were attempting to lure bugs with a pot of pollen. “Would you be merciful and accept one of these instead as payment?” It wasn’t much in regards to a proper meal and, secretly, this was meant to last him for two nights worth of dinners but with the sun already set behind the trees and his stomach empty, Angelo figured some entertaining company would make up for the loss on both sides.

skip //

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,864 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
campfire song [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2020 2:32:33 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"No but I'll take it anyway." Said Doug as he yoinked the cup out of Angelo's hand, grinning wide. "Thanks for inviting, Angelo buddy! I see a bright future ahead of you in the bugcatcher gang- er, Association."

When the sun began sinking into the horizon, he had thought the day had been a dud- who would have thought he would literally trip into new friends, pokemon, free dinner AND Vitamin D?

"Arceus must love me, I tell ya." He said in delight, making Kumon snort as she soaked the leaves. "Shush you, the prophet is talking."

Putting the noodles to the fire, the youth laid on the ground with his fingers locked behind his head and casually crossed a leg over the other, humming.

"So. I never did ask, but what'cha doing out here, anyway? Just fixing for some stargazing?" He said.

They had a long night ahead of them. Might as well get to know each other beyond the eternal joke.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
campfire song [dw]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2020 2:43:52 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","wildtitle"]THE JUMPLUFF FLEES!

[attr="class","wildtab"]
[attr="class","wildtabox"] FEMALE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"] LEAF GUARD
[attr="class","wildtabox"]FAIRY WIND
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]ACROBATICS
[attr="class","wildtabox"]STUN SPORE
[attr="class","wildtabox2"]U-TURN

[attr="class","wildnote"]BOTH OF YOU RECEIVE 10 PD!