6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
stay [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2020 21:26:46 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he steps in into the interior of the building, eyeing the state-of-the-art technology employed in the gym itself. it's not what one would expect in a gym at one of hoenn's hidden towns, kyle told himself.

his presence during the gym's opening was expected by most of those that follow the gym challenge scene, whether it's announced or not. kyle still follows procedures, though he might have an advantage from his position when it comes to receiving news about the ever circulating roster of gym leaders in the region.

"hello?" he asks plainly as he comes in.

the manectric accompanies kyle as they get in. it carries its head low, eyes scanning the area consciously. kyle places a hand on its head as they remain indoors, waiting for the gym leader to fetch them from the entrance.

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
stay [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2020 21:52:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Everyone and their mother wanted a piece of Wren Baines lately. the new gym brought at least four challengers in succession, and one Kyle Lopez of the Elite Four included. "Hello" she echoes as the door slides open and reveals the newest leader in Hoenn. With her was a Mudsdale, by the name of Shire.

She felt that throwing type disadvantages at people would toughen them up. Kat's ghost was countered with fairy. Kyle's electric type would be countered with ground. This had no bearing on the challenge itself though. It was yet another request for a non-traditional battle. She approaches, leaving the horse at the door. "You're Kyle, right? Not taking anyone's spot are you?"

She gently teases the young man with a frown, having not met him prior to this.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
stay [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 22, 2020 23:04:18 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he smiles awkwardly when she recognizes him. "do you want me to?" he teases with a forced chuckle. he's uncertain on how to read her, having no prior intel on her on league records as well.

the manectric stares at the mudsdale, although there has been no active signs of defensiveness from it. it appears wary without being aggressive, opposite to the front that kyle was showing.

he's not sure on how to progress the conversation. he had forgotten to hype himself up for the inevitable talk, not used to bringing up the conversation to a haste when there's nothing to distract both of them with. kyle tries his best though.

"i-i can always step down from my position and bump someone down the ladder. this gym does look pretty nice, too."

he finally breaks eye contact to look at the rest of the gym's interior. those were two different points he wanted to make, but melded to one cohesive threat he was unaware of until he's mentioned it.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
stay [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2020 0:12:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"No" she smiles a bit brighter "don't worry - I'm just making sure you're the Kyle Lopez on the rooster today" she taps the counter with a finger, indicating to the computer screen the secretary was behind. "you could be an impersonator. I dunno; we've never met."

She turns on the spot, gesturing for him to follow her. The doors open again, revealing Shire as Wren leads Kyle to the gym's floor. Like with Kat, she has an idea of what to do. Reading briefly on Kyle's Elite Four position, she realizes he's more of a canine trainer. That made agility work in his favor; dogs were fast typically. Her Mudsdale would have trouble keeping up somewhat.

She'd have to even the playing field.

The simple interior was briefly seen before Wren activated the gym's 'special' holograms. A muddy bog appeared before them, the swamp full of thick water and fallen foliage. Mudsdale looked a bit nervous considering his typing. She gave him a reassuring pat. "Okay, the challenge is simple" she grins to Kyle "reach the end of the swamp before me and Shire."

A pause. "Use any means to get there. As the challenger, you get a head's start." She nodded for the young man to take position and go.

salac berries are prohibited
1/5 rounds
please roll for those rounds! GO!

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
stay [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2020 23:01:34 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he looks at his manectric before shifting back to wren."o-oh, okay."

with a practiced motion, he hops on his manectric's back. excess sparks fly out as kyle comes in contact, although he's grown numb on these kinds of interactions with the amount of time he has spent with the manectric. he leans forward, whispers a command, before giving the electric-type a friendly pat on the side of its head.

"magnet rise," he whispers in the softest tone.

the manectric starts to rise above the ground, the rise barely visible as it's only at least an inch above the surface. he takes one glance at the gym leader, wondering if the head start was fair, before getting his head back in the game.

"quick attack."

kyle holds onto the manectric as it bolts straight ahead with blinding speed, going through the course with ease as if it's walking on water. the difficulty of terrain is easily avoided by not actually being in contact with it, and other obstacles such as foliage sticking out were easily dodged through the manectric's dexterous mid-air leaps.

6a_Kr4gd

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
stay [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2020 17:59:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He seems a bit awkward for an Elite Four position, but Wren couldn't exactly talk. Kyle mounts his Pokemon and quickly orders a few moves. She's impressed that he takes into consideration the ground-typing of Shire. Magnet Rise will do him good. Quick attack is quickly followed, and they shoot off.

She hops onto Shire's back herself, uttering a few words of encouragement and the equine moves quickly. "Earthquake" she whispers. But not directed at Kyle or his Pokemon. The Pokemon stomps his hoof along the ground, opening a temporary path free of most of the water. The ground shudders beneath Wren but she is still sitting. Without another word, the Pokemon shoots off.

He's surprisingly fast for a hefty Pokemon, but would it be enough?

2/5 rounds

JRzJ1ZLF
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
stay [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2020 3:43:12 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
his manectric had already set up for the majority of what was supposed to be a race. kyle wasn't ready for one despite briefly skimming over what constitutes a non-traditional gym challenge for the littleroot gym, although he was thankful that his manectric knows what to do.

kyle just needs to supplement his pokemon with more commands.

"ice fang, ground."

the manectric slows down for a moment and materializes a fang right in front of her that chomps straight below. cold quickly spreads as it freezes the swamp water in place as it gets displaced by the earthquake.

icicles form to impede the opposition around the manectric's location as the general temperature of the waters drop. kyle has to tap his manectric on her side to remind her not to get wary of the other pokemon and simply concentrate on their goal: the finish line.

NcqxmD5C

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
stay [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2020 17:07:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
They catch up surprisingly quickly. Enough that her Mudsdale almost is neck and neck. But Kyle wasn't going down without a fight and orders his Pokemon to raise icicles to disrupt their path. "Strength!" she barks, urging the equine further on. The Pokemon glows with, well, strength. He surges forward, renewed...

And proceeds to barrel through the formed ice as quick as he possibly can. Wren clutches his mane, hiding behind his thick neck as the frozen water breaks up all around them. A few cuts form on the Mudsdale's hide but nothing a Potion or two can't fix when the time comes to heal. He neighs, letting the other Pokemon and her trainer know they're still in the race.

And they weren't going down without a fight.

3/5 rounds

Tp00Z5nN

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
stay [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2020 2:23:25 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
as much as the pokemon's cry tempts kyle to look back, he decides against so. the only way is forward, and there's nothing else to think of if a win is the only thing they should be ending the day with.

"iron tail, debris."

adding more hurdles for the opposition instead of concentrating on their own remains the theme. the manectric's tail start to glow in a whitish hue, raising itself away from the muddy waters.

the iron tail starts to slice every vegetation up as they go, leaving branches and other foliage directly on the way of the mudsdale instead of them just hanging from swamp trees on the side.

with the distance between the two of them being closed, however, kyle wasn't certain that what they did would help.

mhyraVE6

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
stay [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2020 18:00:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Kyle gains more ground, speeding past the pair. She urges Shire on but is impressed all the same. Like with Kat, the mission was to hinder your opponent. He was doing a good job of it so far. Debris and foliage shoved itself into the equine's path. Shire hopped over it best he could but he soon would struggle.

Perhaps she should have used Hannibal for this, but she was keen to get a use out of all her team mates. Their experience and their challengers' experience were both equally important to Wren. "Mega Kick the ground" she orders, gripping tighter as the Mudsdale's hind quarters close and he more or less bounces over the fallen logs and such. He soars majestically through the air, clearing a few meters in the process.

She does not order him again. The finish line is close and she's going to bide her time until the last second to try and gain a headstart.

4/5 rounds

JSAt|5sf
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
stay [gym]
POSTED ON Nov 28, 2020 0:49:37 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle can already see the end of the obstacle course, or whatever one can call the race track that materialized out of nowhere was. there's only so much playing around they can do without putting their lead in dispute.

"just one last push, tana," he whispers as he leans forward. he pumps his fist in the air as adrenaline finally surges through him. "quick attack!"

the manectric starts to suddenly gain a burst of speed from a sprint. the way it slowed down to give its opponent a harder time in the swamp doesn't seem relevant when it concentrates its attention on speed this time.

kyle has seen his manectric speed through dangers before. this time shouldn't compare, he supposed, unless the electric-type grows lax with the lack of danger present.

VfFt0PEZ

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
stay [gym]
POSTED ON Dec 1, 2020 1:48:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
It was clear to her that Kyle would reach the finish before she did. Her luck was running out, even if she pushed ahead in the stretch before the final. She found herself cheering on her challenger, hoping he finished and earned the badge like he set out to do. She wasn't a selfish person sometimes, after all.

She believed in the potential of all her challengers. That's what Gym Leaders had to do. "It's okay" she said to Shire, who looked crestfallen at his failure. She gave him a pat on the neck as he continued to surge forward. They had briefly caught up with Kyle only for the Quick Attack to make them zoom ahead. It was almost over now.

And she had to make a decision on whether he earned the badge or not.

5/5 rounds

CXY4k4DQ
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,439 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
stay [gym]
POSTED ON Dec 10, 2020 2:19:14 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
the magnet rise deactivates as soon as they reach the end. the manectric's feet touch the ground, skidding as she attempts to put the brakes on from the momentum of the last rush.

there's no arrogant barking or a triumphant howl coming from the pokemon as one might suspect from a playful canine, but kyle can feel her fiesty attitude manifesting in the glare she cast on the mudsdale behind her. the trainer's palms crash onto her cheeks, eventually stopping it.

in contrast with his pokemon's apparent smugness, kyle meets the gym leader with a smile. he gives his manectric a good ruffle on the neck furs before hopping off, only to land on the swamp waters with a squelch. he frowns, but the smile returns quick.

"you know, this non-trad ain't half bad!" he judges openly. "what happens if challengers don't bring appropriate racing pokemon though?" he asks.

he assumes they'll have to make do with creativity. if that were to be the case, kyle feels himself to be lucky.

Ho9MNuho

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,745 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
stay [gym]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 7:27:58 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]GYM BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: