verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
coffee shop [c]
POSTED ON Nov 26, 2020 7:58:29 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle sits on a random table on a random ass coffee shop, having made an appointment to have a meeting with dahlia goode. this is a serious appointment and is not a meme.

he already sips on iced coffee on the table since he arrived earlier than the head of the league. he lifts his head up from the straw when the bell on the door rings, indicating someone entering the premises.

"dahlia goodie," he calls as he sees her from the cafe door. "can you kick fernando out of council and i take his spot?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
595 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
coffee shop [c]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 10:16:51 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 no spills this time. no waste of napkins or drink. she will be careful not to embarrass herself before another member of the elite four.

the chime rings- but it is the sound of kyle's voice that lures her. she waves and adjusts her bag's strap on her shoulder before heading toward his table.

"are you sure you really want that?" dahlia's face wrinkles incredulously, lips twirled into a half-smile. "between you and me, being a part of the elite four is much more exciting than being a boring councilman."

she takes her seat. after her swift descent, her small purse strikes the seat like an anchor.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
coffee shop [c]
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 19:31:04 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"yeah, but i won't be expected to go fight in the frontlines. plus the pay's better."

he chuckles on his own joke, an expectant look getting flashed to dahlia as he expects the people pleaser in her to follow after him.

his eyes meet with the cafe's waiter before he hails him for his order. kyle asks for a chocolate cake to go with his iced coffee, and then gestures for the waiter to take dahlia's.

as soon as their requests are taken, he turns his attention back to the commissioner. he wouldn't normally meet up with her as most of their interaction was through instant messengers and emails, though this occasion was different from the rest.

"do you want to talk about fern still, or should we go ahead and discuss today's agenda?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
595 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
coffee shop [c]
POSTED ON Feb 9, 2021 5:17:33 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 and on cue, dahlia does indeed laugh. within kyle's jesting, the truth is stretched like taffy. she asks for a hot coffee. no sugar. just milk.

"oh no, enough about fernando." she says. "so i wanted your input on a few things, namely," dahlia pulls out a small agenda from her bag, bright blue eyes hovering over the binding, "possible new elite four candidates? benoit is getting busy, stormy is doing fine— and we have an empty slot. any ideas?"

her eyes coast across her notes before resting on kyle's for a response.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
coffee shop [c]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2021 11:02:43 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle takes a deep breath as the situation is thrown at him with the simple inquiry. as fleeting as the gym leader positions go, so was the elite four roster. at the very least, there's less to fill out at the expense of tighter qualifications.

"the obvious choice is to promote one of the gym leaders," he answers bluntly, stirring the beverage before him with his straw. "i don't really follow the rising stars of the gym challenge scene though, so if we're scouting for people, i'm probably not the best choice to ask about it."

he chuckles awkwardly as he silently hopes that dahlia's looking or the latter. kyle knows that it's likely not to end up like that, however.

"any of the gym leaders strike your fancy?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
595 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
coffee shop [c]
POSTED ON Feb 27, 2021 8:39:08 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 "you and me both." dahlia says. her fingertips begin to flutter, begging to tap away at the side of a hot cup. "my schedule has been so packed lately i barely have time to think."

finally, their drinks arrive. gratitude is exchanged with quick smiles as the commissioner scours her mind for names. as their server leaves, she speaks:

"ramsay, fairburne," she says, "they've been quite involved, i've heard." dahlia continues. "although the gym challenge is similar to a tournament or a sports circuit, i have to admit, to be an elite four, there is an element of reputation that has to be considered. don't you think?"

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
coffee shop [c]
POSTED ON Mar 4, 2021 18:43:04 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
reputation is one thing kyle failed to consider. he appears surprised for a moment as he realizes it, though he tries to hide this expression with a long sip of his coffee.

"that is true..." he trails on, rubbing his chin as he collects his thoughts. "fairburne's got the skill, i can tell that much, and ramsay has initiative, which is good. i see where you're getting at though."

he sighs. he can see the negatives of bringing both of them into the roster for obvious, but impractical, reasons. politics was one reason why he never wanted to get this high up the ladder, and having it presented in front of him was surreal.

"how about the recent invasion?" he points out, standing up straight as he brings it up. unfortunately, he slumps back to his seat again. "mauville didn't have anyone stand out specifically, as well as meteor falls... which is a good thing, i suppose."

[/quote]
close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
595 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
coffee shop [c]
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2021 6:01:17 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 the commissioner hoists heavy breath into her body. war's stresses have not released their hold on her. the rib cage is tight with residual anguish. resilience can come at a price. she forces the air to her lungs with milky coffee.

"billi marsh, despite his age, did quite well in lilycove." dahlia says. "senon game was another name i've heard mentioned. promising ranger. nevertheless in war, it is a collective effort. of course you know that."

setting her cup down on the table, her voice falls to a hush.

"kyle, i need to let you in on a little secret."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
coffee shop [c]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 4:41:37 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"kingsman and malcolm also both stood out on mauville, while i heard dross had a big impact on lilycove." he chimes in names of those he personally knows since it's easier to work with people he already had previous connections with than to acquaint himself with new faces. "then again, i'm not sure if they want the title."

dahlia surprises him when he addresses him in his first name. the shift in the topic is welcome though, as the awkward, but serious expression kyle wears suddenly turns to a carefree slight smile.

"well, if it's important..."

despite the way he said his words, the enthusiasm in being let on in a secret excited him. he leans forward like a teenage girl gossiping with a friend about another teenage girl right nearby, unsure of what to expect.

his empty thoughts lead him to think of nothing much about the gravity of what dahlia would say moments later if she considers it a secret to share with him. she probably does this to a lot of people, he thought.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
595 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
coffee shop [c]
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 22:47:58 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 dahlia notes those names in milky coffee. tapping the top of her palate with the tip of her tongue, she recalls names. remembers them. so high in the league's ranks, there is so much to track— but perhaps, the scalding of a hot beverage would be enough to render them permanent.

not sure if they want the title, he says.

"cooper is sick." dahlia whispers below the constant static of a coffee shop's conversations. "terribly so. whatever was imbued into her from groudon, at least with that volume, was not meant to be contained within a human body."

she leans forward too. less distance for the channeling of secrets— but also less distance for the implication to travel. dahlia's blue eyes fall upon kyle in firm shapes.

"this is important."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
coffee shop [c]
POSTED ON Mar 22, 2021 7:41:56 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle doesn't know much about bailey's situation as an avatar of groudon besides that... she has groudon. circumstances behind her crowning weren't as public as the one during aqua-fes, and he never actually asked her since he wasn't badly curious.

knowing dahlia's inquisitive nature, however, makes kyle inclined to believe that this news about the former champion wouldn't be something bailey would tell him even if he asked.

"you're talking about those weird tattoos she has, right?" he confirms, his voice lowering to the same volume as dahlia's.

kyle swallows, if only because he's more worried about his friend's situation.

"where are you going with this...?"

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
595 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
coffee shop [c]
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2021 4:20:48 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 so he knows. the tattoos—if one could call them those—have become more like marks of death.

"they are a byproduct of her powers, yes." dahlia says. "unfortunately, i am not sure if she has a lot of time left." an uncomfortable topic marked by uncertainty. a medical mystery, one perhaps, only referenced in myth and fairy tale or some obscure parchment or cave drawing.

it is too late to find a cure— if one even exists.

still hushed under the steam of coffee, she asks, almost a plea:

"you may need to take the mantle of champion," dahlia says, "in her stead."

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
coffee shop [c]
POSTED ON Mar 30, 2021 18:41:30 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle almost chokes on his own spit when dahlia suddenly brings the topic on the table.

the championship title was something he tried to decline the first time, which has then resulted to bailey getting it without contest. if dahlia offers kyle an opportunity to take the title, then it must've been much worse than what he first assumed her state to be.

"wait!" he raises his voice. he catches himself get the attention of the other patrons of the cafe before he settles back again.

"have you tried everything? anything about the stories about groudon that could help? it can't be that bad, right?"

there's disbelief in kyle's tone when he asks a series of questions, for multiple reasons.

close tab

played by

shiv

the good commissioner
she/her
lilycove city
bisexual
league commissioner
commissioner
single
5'9" height
5'9" height
awards
595 posts
dahlia goode DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dahlia
dahlia goode
coffee shop [c]
POSTED ON Apr 3, 2021 21:24:36 GMT
dahlia goode Avatar
 "we're trying everything right now." dahlia says— but the vagueness is purposeful. her words dilute and feather by their ends. "i'm remaining hopeful, kyle."

old stories are not research papers. canon dictates what knowledge is proper and what is not. perhaps, there are secrets embedded within fairytales. mythology and spoken word carries with it, the inheritance of older truths.

but deciphering such knowledge requires the bearers of code to be acknowledged. they hide away in the meteoric deep.

"we require a plan b. just in case." she sighs. dahlia can see him attempt to keep their conversation in their little bubble, but how can he when such dramatic loss comes with significant unwanted gain?

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
noah faber
cyber buds
2240 height
2240 height
awards
6,374 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
coffee shop [c]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 14:47:52 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle sucks a breath in. with his elbow firmly planted on the surface of the table, a hand grasps his scalp as nails tries to dig through his skin out of frustration.

there's a lot of information to process as another name threatens to add to his list of his fallen comrades from the slateport police department.

eventually, his tensing eases up. there's no use stressing over it when he cannot change the discourse of this situation. a sigh escapes kyle as he remains his composure and gets back to dahlia after stretching his limbs up in the air. they remain at the back of his chair's backrest afterwards.

"that's... fair. it was a tossup between either of us in the first place, after all."

kyle looks up to the ceiling, musing to himself, before going back to dahlia. "where and when can i visit her?" a friend was a much higher priority than anything else this meeting could have been.