awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
war of the glacier [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2020 13:49:48 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
The charity event was underway, but the speed-dating table with its two name placards was nowhere to be found-- or at least, not by the food stalls with the others. Witnesses had reportedly seen strange Pokemon carrying the table and chairs away up the nearby slope, leaving only footprints and unwieldy drag-marks behind.

“I see you, !”

A packed handful of fake snow hit the ground, well away from the bug catcher’s feet. It burst harmlessly into fine, sparkly powder. “That was a warning shot,” Chryssa warned (how appropriate), sticking her head out from behind her Lapras. The beached ice-type Pokemon moved his flippers, scraping together a larger pile of the snowy-looking powder that carpeted Fortree City. The pair had picked a low hill to make their Ultimate Stand against the Shadow Hive King, figuring the high ground would give them the advantage.

Between the two was, of course, the empty table.

“If you want to speed-date me you’ll have to get through my fortifications!” Chryssa called triumphantly, popping her head back out from behind her Pokemon’s shell. “Now, Ness!” The Lapras swung its head around, a crackling Ice Beam forming in his mouth. It lanced out to a point between herself and her so-called rival, coating the slope between them in genuine ice. "Approach.. if you can!"

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
war of the glacier [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2020 17:16:00 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"No, I see you, ." Said one John Douglas Sullivan, looking up confidently at his nemesis from the bottom of the small hill.

Dressed in a dapper suit and with a bouquet of flowers slung over his shoulder, the bugcatcher sported a lazy grin as he stared up at the bunkered down Empress, brow tilted in a show of mockery.

Her warning shot had landed at his feet (almost... kinda), promising pain and suffering should he take even a single step further.

Naturally, he took two.

"Duly noted." He said, before harrumphing at her as he swung his arm up and pointed a finger skyward, dramatically. "Doing it anyway! Ya getting this bouquet whether you want it or not, yer majesty!"

It had been a major pain in the bottom to find enough flowers for a bouquet in winter! She would not escape his thoughtfulness!

In response, she nearly gave him a concussion, his feet slipping over the slide her Lapras had suddenly placed between'em, sending him rolling down the small portion of the hill he had managed to climb, wind knocked right out of his lungs on landing.

He had barely managed to keep the bouquet intact.

"Indeed, you realize-" He said from where he laid, before he snapped up to a sitting position, glaring up at the girl."That this means WAR, Chryssa Glasgow?!"

A pokeball was suddenly produced from his sleeve and thrown in one smooth, practiced and dramatic motion, releasing into the icy battlefield...

An Accelgor Ninja.

Her defeat was inevitable.

It stood there, arms crossed, scarf fluttering in the wind dramatically, surely summoned to handle only the deadliest of opponents his trainer could possibly face-!

"Cover me!" Said the youth as he jumped back to his feet and ran around the frozen part of the slope, beginning to make his ascent up the small hill. "I've got a date and the lady's waiting for me!"

It was only then Namegon the Accelgor looked around, noticed Doug's 'opponent' was Chryssa, and realized why he had been called upon.

He dropped down on his butt with a grumble and began to moodily make snowballs.

"The Ocean Armies will never recover from today's humiliation, Chryssa Glasgow! These flowers have your name on them!" Said Doug, before throwing back his head and cackling madly while running up the hill.

It was clear he had been practicing- his laughter that is. His balance, however...

He nearly fell back, his arms pinwheeling around madly in an attempt to keep him... not quite upright, but off-the-snow at least.

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
war of the glacier [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2020 17:37:34 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
A DELIBIRD flies towards the two of you, holding a bag of presents in its beak. As he sees the chaos you two are making, the bird begins to panic, dropping its bag in the snow and wondering what to do.[break]

Until an idea came to the creature's mind. The bird landed and started foraging within the bag to bring out 4 cylinders wrapped in ribbons. Quickly, the Christmas bird proceeded to give two to and two to . The bird also provided a nice necklace for the Lapras and a new scarf for the Accelgor before flying away, hoping this would calm them down.[break]

Were the youths to open their cylinders, they would find tickets for free food at some of the stalls on the main street. Maybe eating would give them a peaceful ending to this meeting?
close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
as flies to wanton boys are we to the gods; they kill us for their sport
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
war of the glacier [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2020 23:56:43 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar
“You look nice, Sullivan!” Chryssa Glasgow called, seeing the bug catcher slip on the ice. She was actually surprised. “It’s a pity that suit will be stained by blood and battle-gore. You’ll have to take it to the dry-cleaners!” Fortunately, unlike actual snow, the fake snow brushed off clothes easily.

Anyway, why did he look so nice? She hadn’t expected him to bring flowers. Had he actually brought those for her, or just for whoever his first round matchup was?

As always, Doug wildly exceeded her expectations.

She gasped in outrage when the Accelgor appeared. “NO! It can’t be!” Effortlessly, she caught the gift cylinder from the Delibird and (instead of opening it) pointed it dramatically down the hill like a baton. “Begone, beast! This war concerns you not,” she said. Ness received his necklace with a pleased crooning sound, nudging the christmas penguin with his nose. <Prrrrr!> “Stop it, Ness, it has to go away before--”

He had snuck around (well, run around) her ice barrier in the distraction. “Oh, great, Chryssa said, exasperated, and began packing together glittery snowballs from the pile the Lapras had made as fast as she could. This was really a two-person job. “Did you think I would leave myself defenseless up here? It happens I have ninjas of my own now! GO, Gaven, Gawen, my blades of truth!”

A Ninjask and a Shedinja materialized like living shadows of one another, though the later was eerily still where it floated midair. “Deliver these snowballs to a certain !” Chryssa ordered, and the flying bug Pokemon each zoomed forward to lift a single snowball like into the air, flying above Doug to bomb him from above.

“What kind of flowers are they, by the way?” she called, popping her head out from behind the Lapras’ shell again. “Not that you’ll deliver them in time!” She actually hoped he wouldn’t break them.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
war of the glacier [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 3:43:10 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"You'll see for yourself in a second!" He said as he barely managed to throw himself out of the way from the horrifying barrage of two whole snowballs dropped atop him, spinning in the air to avoid crushing the bouquet. "But if you absolutely must hear spoilers... the main flowers are red carnations!"

He grinned up at her from where he laid, before suddenly taking pause to gather his head atop the back of his palm, getting a better look at her.

"And now that I'm closer- You look pretty, Glasgow!" He said as he sprang to his feet, catching a sudden baton that was thrown his way before pointing it right back at Chryssa. "Good to see we are both taking this seriously!"

Nevermind the blood and gore bit, though. There were easier ways to get his heart.

"Nice bugs, by the way. Adopting the hives' tricks, eh?" He said, chuckling darkly.

"Unfortunate, however, that they could not surpass the original! Now, My ninja! Unleash snowy fury upon the empress!" He said as he pumped a fist in the air, throwing his head back for a now well practiced cackle.

A cackle that went on, and on... and on. And the fury, well...

No such fury descended upon Chryssa Glasgow, no matter for how long Doug laughed.

And he laughed for a while- until it became tired and strained, his head moved around as he did, bemused.

And then it settled on the bottom of the small hill, were the ninja bug still remained, now trying out his new scarf, a couple of sloppily half-made snowballs forgotten off to his sides.

Doug slowly squatted down and began packing some of the fake snow together, shaping it into a ball before rising up to his full height and looking back at Chryssa again.

"... SURPRISE ATTACK!" He threw the snowball at her.

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
war of the glacier [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2020 15:24:18 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

"You'll never deliver those flowers!" Chryssa shot down the hill, shaking her fist as she issued her ultimatum. She actually did want to see them up close-- what performer didn't like receiving a bouquet after the performance-- but she refused to fall into his trap!

He's grown more cunning. Accursed wretch. He was using her weaknesses to his advantage. And how was she supposed to respond to that compliment?!  "Oh. Really?" Chryssa seemed to have trouble finding her tongue. She forced a laugh. "H-ha! You haven't even seen my final form!"

...Oh god. I didn't prepare a form change.

Well, the show must go on. Desperately, Chryssa dodged behind Ness's shell while Doug was still cackling, quickly searching her pack. No leotard?! Are you kidding me? Damn, damn, she hadn't been expecting to do a transformation sequence during this speed dating event! What was I thinking, honestly? 

"Your ninja ploy has failed, Shadow Hive scum!"

She emerged from behind Ness, now wearing a santa hat.

"Look upon me and weep--"

Doug's snowball burst in her face.

Chryssa went down like a sack of bricks, mostly out of shock. Her feet slipped out from under her and the hat flew off her head, landing halfway down the slope. <Prrr!> Ness said in surprise. Chryssa was still too stunned to speak. She lay on her back in the fake snow, blinking sparkly powder out of her eyelashes. 

Deciding to join in the fun, the Lapras tipped back his head and began to sing a sorrowful lament for his dead mistress.  

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
war of the glacier [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 11, 2020 14:56:02 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Boom."

His greatest rival fell to the snow, at last vanquished by laser-guided snowy death. Her lieutenant could do little more than release a mournful wail to the heavens as the fall of the Ocean Empire became imminent.

His footsteps across the snow came closer and closer to the now dead empress until he was standing directly atop her, bouquet in hand.

"Headshot." He said, plucking a single flower out of the bouquet before crouching down besides the empress, sliding the red carnation through her locks of hair. "As beautiful in death, as in life."

A tragic, yet inevitable, end to the once upon a time called 'Eternal' war...

Standing up, the youth closed his eyes and seemingly offered a little prayer for her soul...

"But we both know that's not enough to kill the Empress. ." He said, casually leaning the bouquet against his shoulder while smirking down at the Santa hatted girl. "Still a win for the Shadow Hive, though. How about you try your hand at diplomacy for the post-war treaty, Glasgow?"

He then waggled his baton, smirk growing.

"Over lunch, naturally. Almost like a date!" But it was totally peace talks.

Totally.

"Very cute final form, I must admit." He said, holding out the bouquet towards her. "Worth the suspense."

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
war of the glacier [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2020 1:44:26 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

Like apparitions from an old-school cartoon, the Ninjask and Shedinja orbited the stunned girl's head like a halo of twittering birds, buzzing. They were making her dizzy. Chryssa closed her eyes, willing out the accursed image of as he smirked down at her. Another loss. Tragic, yet inevitable. 

"Sweet Ness, do not cry for me," Chryssa sighed, and the Lapras sang louder. Trying not to groan, she sat up, reaching to tug out the flower from her hair. "Well, you weren't lying! I suppose the Ocean Empire must admit defeat, again. For now." She spun the red carnation between her fingers. It looked quite pretty with a light dusting of snow. 

"A da-- treaty," she repeated skeptically. She held out a hand and snapped her fingers. It had no effect. Chryssa sighed. "Gaven, get me the baton," she spelled out clearly, and her Ninjask zoomed away to go get it where it had flown out of her hand. 

She waited patiently, then snapped her fingers again when the bug was getting close. The cylinder dropped into her hand and, imperiously, the girl popped it open. "A food court ticket-- Ness, stop singing, the memorial is over!"

<LAAA LA-LA-LA-->

"Ugh. Very well, Shadow Hive," Chryssa said louder over her noisy and very "funny" Pokemon, "I will... consider... negotiations with you. For the sake of my people," she added quickly, taking the bouquet and lifting her chin. "--But I want to ride my War Lapras down the hill. I was planning that as a finishing move to vanquish you, but your surprise attack disabled me too early."

Up here, one could see the Lapras was outfitted for sledding (or for war, depending) with reins, bells, etc. She hadn't just chosen this slope for the high ground. "Help me up," she commanded, adjusting her santa hat, "and let's climb on! It'll be glorious."

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
war of the glacier [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2020 16:18:27 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug, who had been whistling to the Lapras' tune as Chryssa came to her decision, grinned wide.

"Heck yeah!" He said, cheering with a pump of his fist. Before immediately schooling his face into a prim smile. "That is to say- A wise decision, Empress Glasgow."

He stepped off to the side, gesturing towards the festival with an arm.

"Then, shall we-?"

"--But I want to ride my War Lapras down the hill."

This girl was as brilliant as the stars in the sky.

"Bless that perfectly timed snowball." He said breathlessly as he stared at the sled equipment the Lapras had been outfitted with.

"Your dramatic timing cost ya yer one chance, Empress." He said with a wide grin, approaching and petting the pokemon's neck and leaning in close. He seemed to get along with her rather well. "Jeez. Even if the tackle had missed the heart attack would've finished the job."

In life opportunities came and went. Chryssa's finishing move was now their ride.

Wordlessly, the youth offered a hand to the girl, his grin softening.

He then bit his lip, eyes looking off to the side as his brows furrowed, clearly in thought.

Then his grin came back full force.

"Guess what?" He said, winking- before he took two steps towards the girl and swooped her off her feet into a bridal carry, more thankful now towards  than ever before. His cheeks were coloring even as he spoke. "You fell for my clever ruse, you fools! Your Ocean Army's Empress is my prisoner now!"

He swung one foot atop one of the many knobs on the Lapras' shell before deftly pushing off it, climbing atop it with Chryssa in his arms. He smiled at the Lapras playfully... and she knew what to do.

He had muttered the plan to her earlier after all.

"Ride, my accomplice! Riiide!" He said before throwing back his head to laugh, the Lapras' fins dragging along the fake snow under it.

Her body dragged forward from where it had been perilously settled, and gravity did the rest of the work.

"Woah!" Uttered the youth as he fell on his butt on the shell, Chryssa in arms, wind whipping past them as they sled down the hill at...

Pretty considerable speeds! This would probably have killed him for real!

This was a far off thought in the back of the youth's mind, though. He was still laughing now, though the practiced edge to it was long gone.

The youth's attention though, quickly drifted away from the downward hill and to his 'prisoner' instead, his eyes turning towards her as the slope slowly began evening out, until friction brought the Lapras to a full stop.

In retrospective, the ride hadn't been anywhere as long or as fast as it had felt.

Yet his heart was still beating a thousand miles an hour.

"Weird." He said in a mutter to himself, glancing down at his chest.

Then a snowball exploded right across his temple.

"Whu?"

Off to the side, a bug ninja wearing a spanking brand new scarf stuck out his tongue at him.

"You traitor!"

close tab

played by

murk

Not-Chryssa
She/Her
May 1
Eterna City, Sinnoh
Panromantic
radio host
agent
awards
412 posts
part of
TAG WITH @chryssa
chryssa glasgow
war of the glacier [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 16, 2020 2:23:07 GMT
chryssa glasgow Avatar

Sweeping Chryssa off her feet (literally) wasn't difficult. Her balance was unsteady at the best of times, particularly without her cane, and she'd hardly been on them for a minute when her nemesis pulled the old one-two hostage situation and yoinked her off the ground and into his arms with a strength she hadn't expected.

"NO! I should have known!" Chryssa screamed theatrically, clutching her bouquet to her chest with one hand and draping the other over her forehead. "Help, Gaven, Gawen, my wingèd warriors!" The Ninjask buzzed forward to take the flowers from her, freeing her other arm. "Argh!" That hadn't been what she'd meant, but it was convenient.

Despite her protests, she was surprisingly tame in Doug's arms, her body strangely light. She'd automatically gone limp and still when he'd lifted her up, and as the youth scaled the shell of Ness she wrapped her now-freed arms around his neck to lesson some of her weight, staring challengingly into his eyes. There was laughter in them, but also resignation. Being carried wasn't new for her. 

She just wasn't used to it being someone she liked.

The ground tilted away as Ness scooted forward, sleek underside making the perfect toboggan. Friction gave way and then they were flying, freezing air gusting past them in ribbons as a wake of sparkling powder flew up to coat the long-forgotten table set.

Chryssa forgot where she was for a moment as she threw up her arms like a roller coaster ride, smacking Doug in the face. "AAAHAHAHAHA!" she laughed clearly, wildly, forgetting she was supposed to be the prisoner, "Wheeeeeee!"

When at last they slid to a stop, belabored NInjask and Shedinja trailing after them, Chryssa's cheeks were pink with adrenaline. Her eyes shone feverishly.

"Splendid," she breathed, "Let's go again later." 

There was a warning chirp from Lapras and Chryssa effortlessly turned her head to avoid the bursting snowball. She was fortunate the bug catcher didn't drop her. "Your forces are already turning against you," she said smugly, kicking her ankles. "You walk a dangerous line, ."

Now that her fun was over, she was getting hungry. How had that Delibird known she hadn't eaten yet today? Maybe it was the fact that Chryssa had literally stolen the chairs and table from the eatery. "So are you going to let me walk, or are you going to carry me all the way to the peace talks?" Chryssa asked, curious. She widened her eyes. "Or was that also a ruse? If so... I wonder where you'll take me next."

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,867 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
war of the glacier [mm]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2020 4:06:44 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

His heart was beating even faster now than it had during their ride down. He felt breathless no matter how much he filled his lungs with air. His face was burning even in the cold winter weather.

The only cold thing left in him was the sweat gathering in his palms, hidden by his gloves.

'Wait... Uh oh.'

The young man reached behind him and fetched his straw hat, placing it atop his head and tipping it far down as the girl laughed at him and his pokemon's betrayal.

Her laugh only made his face burn harder.

'Seriously?' Her. His rival?

Really?

He tipped his hat up, looking at her smug face.

For a second he thought he had a heart attack.

'Oh, thank God. It just skipped a beat.'

That was a relief.

'Ah shit.'

He wasn't as dense as he so often pretended to be.

The Ocean Army had already won- and its leader didn't even know it.

"... And if it was?" He said in response as he slowly stood, Chryssa still in his arms.

He fixed his face up with his smuggest look.

As much as he could manage with his face as red as it was.

"I said ya were my prisoner, didn't I?" He said, barely managing to get the words out. "So what if I- I..."

He... Snorted.

"J... J- Just kidding! Don't look so scared Empress. Yer army would weep if they could see ya now." He said, forcing a smug snicker as he reached up to tip his hat over his face, holding the girl up on one arm.

Next time. The time wasn't right. He wasn't jumping the gun. It wasn't the right moment.

... Right.

"Actually, no. I'm an idiot." Wait. "Yeah. I actually just wanna keep ya to myself." WAIT.

He jumped off the Lapras' shell, landing on the ground carefully with the girl in arm.

STOP. No guts, remember?!

"We got food court tickets, but no table." He said, glancing over his shoulder all the way to the top of the hill. "My camp's nearby. How about we pick up our lunches and then go there?"

To work out the treaty.

"On a date."

A charity speed-date?

"A real date."

Crazy bastard.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA