part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
uncertainty in certainty [m]
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 4:34:04 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar

[attr="class","katherine"]
[attr="class","katherinepokes"]

Each day that’s passed since Nihiligo’s strange appearance in Katherine’s life only brought more and more confusion.

When they fused, everything the gym leader was sure of seemed… Different, as if now being watched from a different perspective. She’ll never get used to this. And it is for this reason that she seeks a sanctuary for her concern in the one thing that still holds true in her heart: her devoutness.

When an opportunity arises to check on a shrine with a connection to the Creation Trio, she takes it without sparing a second thought.

Whether if Gavin was there to oversee her officially or check up on her personally, however, means little. She doesn’t concern herself with why the Underboss needed to be here.

The mere sight of Giratina’s mural alleviates the uncertainty she’s so overwhelmed with. Nothing can ruin her mood now.

“So,” She begins, eyes drifting towards the other rocket and poison patrol survivor, “How are you?”

notes: nihilego is still in its Pokeball

[attr="class","katherinetag"]

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #7a737e; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 8:49:25 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
He doesn't know she was there.

would come upon an underboss that looks the same as ever. The marks that Necrozma has left upon him are internal, emotional scars that will never heal. His gaze is on Dialga's mural as she speaks.

"You don't strike me as one for empty pleasantries." It's not an insult as much as an observation. He turns away from the shrine to regard her with a sharp stare. "Is something the matter?"
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 9:19:25 GMT
“There’s this report I’ve come across,” Katherine starts, beginning to weave a web of lies built on half-truths and knowledge she’s yet to share with her boss. It’s no different than playing a game of chess versus a blind opponent. What she does, the pieces she moves - the lies she shares.

They are hers and hers alone to toy with.

“I don’t need to beat around the bush with you, I hope. The Blackout of Slateport. You were there, weren’t you?”
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 16:33:11 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
She's stepping carefully around her words, he thinks, but he's not certain the nature of the deception. Had she been there? Had someone who was there ratted him out? His expression is impassive.

"No, you don't." He prefers, in fact, when she is direct. "I was there, yes."

The question is in his eyes: How much do you know, ?
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 17:07:31 GMT

“The report mentioned Lugia,” She continues, knowing full well that he expects her to and wouldn’t disclose details until she would. It doesn’t bother the woman, of course, for she is the one with the upper hand. Power came in many forms and shapes and knowledge appeared to be one of those.

”What happened there exactly? Were you backed into a corner?”

Is it possible that he’d seen more than she had? Definitely. Was it likely? Not really. Still, she had to confirm. The fewer missing pieces in this puzzle, the more likely Katherine is to solve it.

notes:

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #D5B259; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 17:15:56 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
It had been dark, he recalls, so dark that the light from Moltres' wings had been their only beacon in the crushing black. He had called out to Lugia in desperation, and it had answered.

"If you've read reports, you know what it did to the city. How many went missing." For once, he could hardly sneer at the news for their lackluster reporting; the devastation Necrozma had left in its wake had been complete. "It was life or death; I rank my own survival over the potential risk of Lugia's discovery."

A quiet warmth spreads through his chest as he recalls their partnership, however brief. It spoke of promise for the future.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 18:02:02 GMT

“Would you say Walsh agrees with that?”

Katherine didn’t know enough about her boss to answer the question herself. There were days in Rocket where sacrificing an asset or even a high-ranking member was an ordinary occasion. “From what I’ve gathered, seems to focus on Lugia now. He called the report about your Pokemon the, and I quote, ‘most useful one he’d received in weeks’.”

The lack of visible flames does not change the fact that Katherine was playing with fire. It could easily backfire.

Her recklessness could be attributed to the Ultra Beast toxin that still flowed within her system, plaguing her mind against itself. It made the gym-leader feel sick and twisted, and yet, she made no effort in stopping herself from caving into these urges.

”Should I be worried? Do you want me to keep an eye on him for you?”

notes:

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #D5B259; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 18:27:09 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin's jaw clenches, anger flashing like lightning in his eyes. "If you're concerned for his opinion, you can ask him yourself."

His mood does not improve at mention of . His gaze is cutting as he stares at her. is selfish, and it's not the first time he's had concerns about her loyalty to Rocket. "I'm sure you get plenty of opportunities to chat, being that you work together." She'd spent enough time around him to know his opinions on the report, after all. "I am not worried. If you are, you're more than welcome to 'keep an eye' on your pet councilman."

He does not regret his decision. It shows in his posture: firm, unyielding. "Lugia was seen. I was not. It existed before Rocket acquired it; that it was under my control would have been impossible to determine in that chaos."
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 18:48:20 GMT

“That’s true. I can— maybe I should.”

Strangely enough, she has a feeling that Gavin isn’t actually interested in her following his advice. “If you’re not worried, why would I be?” After all, he was her superior. Following his lead was in the description of her job. And if Gavin wasn’t willing to accept an olive branch when it’s extended to him, Katherine would not force him to.

“Of course it existed before Rocket acquired it, Gavin. But no one believed it was this close or involved in matters concerning our region.”

After a short pause, she corrects herself.

“Or, well, until now at least. Now they have reason to suspect and a target to search for. Who knows what attention it might bring to Rocket?”

She is only thinking out loud, or rather, she is only thinking loudly enough to mess with Gavin.

notes:

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,863 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jan 13, 2021 19:00:47 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
He will not back down.

"You can," he agrees. "I won't stop you."

He had said a similar thing to Dominic and Marcel when they'd accosted him about his decision to assist her during the war. Whether or not they'd approached Walsh about his actions remained a mystery to Gavin, but he did not care. So long as it didn't affect his standing in Rocket, they could do as they liked. included.

"If you weren't worried, why would you bring it up?" His desire for knowledge wins out over his ire. "How much does he know?"

He doesn't entertain the comment on Lugia; it had been Abiatti's meddling that brought Lugia to Rocket's attention, and that had been on Hoennian soil. He's not sure if the former councilwoman had reported the corrupted creature, but her knowledge of it was enough.

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jan 17, 2021 23:55:14 GMT

“Because I felt like it.”

Knowing Katherine, this was the popular reason as to why she did anything, really. Ulterior motives existed, sure, but she was a woman of passion who indulged in succumbing to her urges. “Oh, you care about the pet councilman now?”

That, alone, proves that she did manage to get under Gavin’s skin. Mission successful. Try as he might, he could not hide the truth by masking his expression, not when his words gave away all she needed to discern his status.

“We should talk more soon.” She reaches for a capsule in her bag, clicking the button at its middle for her Gallade to materialize. The knight bows before its trainer, presenting its hand for her to take once she’s ready.

“When I am less busy and your ego is hurting less, that is. You know how to contact me.”

Another moment passes, and then the psychic-type whisks them away with a bright TELEPORT.

notes:

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,835 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 18, 2021 4:53:58 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: